Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home (85723 Views)

Meet Adebola Rebecca, GIGL’s First Female Captain (photos) / Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by bigcasava1(m): 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
She want hide bomb inside the hijab.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
midnighter:

What the Muslims have failed to understand is that human culture evolves and moves on and that culture varies around the world.

Thats why the Islamic golden age of science and mathematics crumbled and failed and the Islamic world today is in a state of utter cataclysm.

The modern-day meaning of modesty just means dressing to cover your sensitive parts and showing your femininity in a decent way. We dont live in a society where head covering means anything in particular so mentioning hijab here is out of point.

Thats like telling men not to tie wrapper because it resembles a skirt, does it make sense?

And anyway the Corinthians still wore their hairstyles, if you read the rest of that chapter. In that society, moving on low-cut or with your hair loose was a "green light" for wild sex. Like going on pant and bra on the main road.

So they had to tie their hair in a decent way to avoid being associated with that type of behaviour.

Different classes and tribes of women had different uses for head-covering and plus you have to go back and read about the pagan cults that were active in Corinth around that time otherwise you wont understand what that passage is actually talking about.

Its a cultural issue that is not directly related to salvation, so you really dont have any point.

This is what all these people keep failing to understand...you keep applying cultural practices from ancient Judea, Rome and Greece without any context, coming to a debate in the 21st century and randomly mentioning it thinking that youre making a point when youre actually just saying nothing!

I did not tell you that muslim follow culture in Bible, what's in Quran by all command is female should not display their beauty and they should cover their head till below their breast, what wrong in that dressing way? People may past away but God still remain the same Muslim women obey their creator not culture. Muslim woman don't dress to copy past but to obey commandments of Allah. So get that into your head

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by CAPSLOCKED: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
tmphoto:

The religion is just to full of shit, their so called Muhammed went to Israel to seek knowledge bout the religion that is being hold there but he wasn't able to grasp a good understanding of the Christians...

CHRISTIANS? IN ISRAEL?

The question is why would he copy the same names in the Israelis that were included in the bible to his Mary(Mariam), Issac(issa), Abraham(Ibrahim).
IS MARY, ISSAC OR ABRAHAM A CHRISTIAN NAME?
OF COURSE, YOU DON'T KNOW THAT ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY ARE SIBLINGS, BIRTHED BY JUDAISM.

Any information you donot have a well landed knowledge of note it can bring destruction that was what happened to their messaneger Mr Muhammed and now before you quote me go and study about Muhammed throughout his youth not via the Quran but other sources you will get adequate info.

YOUNG MAN YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by midnighter(f): 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

I did not tell you that muslim follow culture in Bible, what's in Quran by all command is female should not display their beauty and they should cover their head till below their breast, what wrong in that dressing way? People may past away but God still remain the same Muslim women obey their creator not culture. Muslim woman don't dress to copy past but to obey commandments of Allah. So get that into your head

Rubbish...you mentioned Corinthians first...now that I have explained to you why Corinthians is irrelevant you are changing mouth...next time check the context before mentioning our precious Biblical Saints anyhow

Whatever 7th century practices you want to force on your ladies keep them there and dont bring Christianity into it abeg
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by CAPSLOCKED: 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
guru333:
kiss

Hollup Hollup Are you normal is oil leaking from your brain? shey ur mama did not teach you that having sense is key in every situation

Who told you we are the same We are Serving a Living God I don't know what y'all be serving Stop joining sheep's and Goats and call em one ... Be wise
DONKEY.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by CAPSLOCKED: 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
guru333:
kiss

Hollup Hollup Are you normal is oil leaking from your brain? shey ur mama did not teach you that having sense is key in every situation

Who told you we are the same We are Serving a Living God I don't know what y'all be serving Stop joining sheep's and Goats and call em one ... Be wise
DONKEY.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

DONKEY.
can you see the bashing of Muslims by Christians?yet they grumble seun doesn't allow them post on Islamic section. Even with the restriction put on Islam section some trolls still lie to be Muslims to go troll the section. Even with no restriction on Christianity section they rarely troll christian threads.
They keep exhalting themselves over Muslims at any given chance yet cry foul atheists call them out and tell us to face our lane.

Christians calling Islam out is a case of pot calling kettle black.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
midnighter:

Rubbish...you mentioned Corinthians first...now that I have explained to you why Corinthians is irrelevant you are changing mouth...next time check the context before mentioning our precious Biblical Saints anyhow

I give you reffrience not like I support Bible, but since it was Allah commdment can you keep quiet now?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by CAPSLOCKED: 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
Michellekabod2:
can you see the bashing of Muslims by Christians?yet they grumble seun doesn't allow them post on Islamic section. Even with the restriction put on Islam section some trolls still lie to be Muslims to go troll the section. Even with no restriction on Christianity section they rarely troll christian threads.
They keep exhalting themselves over Muslims at any given chance yet cry foul atheists call them out and tell us to face our lane.

Christians calling Islam out is a case of pot calling kettle black.

CHRISTIANS BELIEVE THAT THEIR OWN FAVOURITE DENOMINATION IS BETTER THAN OTHER CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS.
COLLECTIVELY, THEY ALL THINK THAT THEY'RE BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER RELIGION, AND NON-CHRISTIANS DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING... AND PROBABLY HEADED TO THE CHRISTIAN GOD'S HELL.

CHRISTIANS WILL PREACH RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE WHEN THE CRITICISM IS ON THEM, BUT THEY DON'T FAIL TO MOCK ISLAM, HINDUS, AND THEN CHARGE US ALL TO EITHER REPENT AND BELIEVE JESUS LIKE THEM OR WE SHALL SUFFER MISERABLY AND BURN IN HELL WHEN WE DIE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by duncun: 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by midnighter(f): 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

I give you reffrience not like I support Bible, but since it was Allah commdment can you keep quiet now?

Its not Allahs commandment to show up to work in tattered hijab of the wrong colour without informing your manager...although I dont agree with Islam but it doesnt outrightly tell you to be STUPID .. thats what Im trying to explain to you people

What she did is nothing to do with Islam...if you were a serious Muslim you would call her to order and stop making excuses for "Fasad"

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Enemyofpeace: 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
Jollof123:

LWKMD....just like your moniker" Enemyofpeace".

Am a Muslim and my truck driver is a Christian. Just few weeks of giving him the truck...he decided to put " Cross logo on the front glass of the truck" it's been there for a year+ now and I never told him to remove it since the truck is mine and am a Muslim.

So far, he is doing his work well and serve the purpose of his employment that's all.

What if I now collect the truck from him on that basis and give it to a fellow Muslim driver?... We need peaceful co-existence biko.
Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. My mention is overwhelmed.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Kokoebapluse(m): 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
midnighter:

Its not Allahs commandment to show up to work in tattered hijab of the wrong colour without informing your manager...although I dont agree with Islam but it doesnt outrightly tell you to be STUPID .. thats what Im trying to explain to you people

What she did is nothing to do with Islam...if you were a serious Muslim you would call her to order and stop making excuses for "Fasad"

Where your brain is not working is what wrong in the way she dress? Is wearing of hijab is a sickness? Abi you have lost sense of moral dressing?

If she wear only pant and bra to work hope they will happy about that?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Ogunnnowos: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
klax:

It's not about hate you people can be so annoying and act disgustingly.

And you are the one dem bury and not me.

Bitch!!!
why are you crying?hate might sniff life out of you if you continue
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by midnighter(f): 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Where your brain is not working is what wrong in the way she dress? Is wearing of hijab is a sickness? Abi you have lost sense of moral dressing?

If she wear only pant and bra to work hope they will happy about that?

Masaa al ward w yasmeen
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by klax(m): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ogunnnowos:
why are you crying?hate might sniff life out of you if you continue

Hahahaha now I understand I'm responding to one of demonic 72 virgin eccentric head sorry bro.

I ensue in constructive argument with normal human being not 72
f u c k I n g virgin maniac human pls.

Any further quote from you straight to thrash you don't really worth it.

Good night if you wish.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Alawode01(m): 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
She as tired of the job,if not why she intentionally disobey the code of conduct,why she want to introduce another uniform to the company?why intimidate coworkers,aft al she as been working there before.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Izigha(m): 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
Alawode01:
She as tired of the job,if not why she intentionally disobey the code of conduct,why she want to introduce another uniform to the company?why intimidate coworkers,aft al she as been working there before.
fire me I sue and start collecting unemployment. If you know...... grin
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Pinkybush: 9:57pm On Jan 04, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
AS USUAL, CHRISTIANS ARE JUBILATING BECAUSE IT'S ISLAM THAT IS BEING PULLED.
BUT IF YOU BAN A CHRISTIAN FROM PREACHING OR PRAYING PUBLICLY, OR YOU BAN CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS BOOKS OR ITEMS YOU'LL FIND THEM WAILING ABOUT THE ATTACK ON CHRIST AND HOW THE GATES OF HELL CANNOT PREVAIL, ALONG WITH OTHER NONSENSES THEY UTTER WHENEVER THEIR RELIGIOUS ACTIONS ARE QUESTIONED.

THE TRUTH IS, CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS.... YOU ARE ONE.

YOU ALL HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING EACH OTHER. YOU NEED TO EMBRACE EACH OTHER LIKE ONE LARGE CONGREGATION OF GULLIBLE DIRECTIONLESS HERD OF CATTLE THAT NEITHER KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING OR WHERE THEY'RE GOING. cheesy
This fool is so pain that he can't read and understand that she was told to leave because that place is an organization govern by rules and regulations and one need to abide to them, just like a school. All these muslim illiterates with fishlike brains I tire for una o. #spit!

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by omorkelly(m): 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
Many usually dropped their senses whenever islam is being discussed.
Even the company attorney confirmed thier apology to the Lady and blamed the manager for his ignorance concerning religious expression.
WOULD THEY HAVE APOLOGIZED IF SHE ACTED WRONGLY IN THE FACE OF THE LAW?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Quam96: 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
I'm old enough to be your father.
Savage reply grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Lawmak: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Her actions were premeditated. She even filmed it and sent online for what reason.
Why is it that this people cause problem wherever they go?

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Lawmak: 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
omorkelly:
Even the company attorney confirmed thier apology to the Lady and blamed the manager for his ignorance concerning religious expression.
Forget, they are just trying to balance things.

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Villain7: 11:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
She thinks is Nigeria
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by tck2000(m): 12:02am On Jan 05, 2020
GeniusWannabe:
Oga shut up eee. Where did you see Christians jubilating?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by iLearner: 12:51am On Jan 05, 2020
sammyj:
Maybe on a Friday. I am yet to see one anyways!!

Not on Fridays, but everyday. I know a lady that wears hijab to work everyday. They even call her Alhaja in the banking hall.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by midnighter(f): 1:09am On Jan 05, 2020
omorkelly:

My friend, thats what we call in English language "cutting our losses". Or damage control

They were not wrong but they are just trying to get their name out of the "Twittersphere" and protect their profits instead falling on heir swords by claiming right

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by ogbuefi677(m): 1:53am On Jan 05, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Before I answer you, are you a Muslim or Christan? If you are a Christian you re a evil let forget about how people of old Testament use to dress, Paul also ssaid in new testament that woman should cover her head always go and read Corinthians very well. You re Muslim I think you re not well, Allah said in Quran that women should cover there beauty from head to below of breast, Now between Bible and Quran where Muslim go wrong if they cover head?

But if you are athiest then your problem is in another area and I can address you. If you want me to
Thief!!
Continue deceiving yourself
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Jcemmyu: 3:12am On Jan 05, 2020
They just made the girl rich if she wish to be. American can be sympathetic to some issues. Sue their a**.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by lovenavigation: 3:56am On Jan 05, 2020
god punish you and your hijab,
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by NaMeAboki: 4:38am On Jan 05, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I'd never understand the brain behind religious overzealousness.
The job is not yours,
The country is not yours,
But you need both yet you won't conform.

Who are you then?
Even typical guest decorum demands that you abide by the dictates of your host.

It is the frigging U.S of A for fvck's sake. If your employer askes you not to wipe your arse after using the toilet.
Please do it with all joy and even smear some of it on your face to show full compliance.

Only people who forget where they are coming from are in a hurry to get sent back to Nigeria for avoidable reasons.

I once overhead a mom tell her children after they gatecrashed an event, 'eat o, you know as house be!!'
And ever since, no matter where I am, I never forget that home is Nigeria.
Sadly home is hell for most of us that we'd rather lick our fingers after packing shiit in elderly homes of organized, functional countries than live lavish in Banana Island.

So OP, I hope by home, you mean back in the hinterlands of Agbede where she can wear her hijab without any criticisms.

If you had not been overzealous yourself into rushing to the wrong conclusion you would have noticed that the company had apologised to her.
Yes it is frigging USA and so what?
Just because it is America so foreigners should forego their rights to freedom of religion?
Fortunately it is America where such freedom is guaranteed; unlike some closed minded ppl here in Nigeria who always want to deny Muslims their fundamental right to religious expression - here are some examples religious tolerance in American and British police dress codes.

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Surfacebaba: 7:12am On Jan 05, 2020
is a company law that u must abide by it's, leave religion and work

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.