Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home (85726 Views)

Meet Adebola Rebecca, GIGL’s First Female Captain (photos) / Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by wirinet(m): 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
klax:

The boss is even a nice person if it's me I will suspend her immediately with stern warning if she try such nonsense again I will fire her with no remorse she can damn return to Zamfara state where bloody sycophants are arresting federal police officer because of their useless sharia my foot.
Don't mind them. Muslims feels they are free to do as they wish in Christian or other religion's dominated countries, but others must abide by islamic laws in Muslim dominated countries or states. Imagine, I can't eat pork and drink Heineken in my own private space in zamfara, but they demand to wear hijab in Christian dominated countries or inside a private business belonging to a Christian.

4 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by AnanseK(m): 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
This is a trial. Just persevere, your faith will overcome such expected challenges in sha Allah.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
Firebomber:

Another dummy, who is stopping your dummy sisters from covering there body? Or is it not cloth that she's wearing before she was brainwashed.

At least the western country are been fair enough to your new Islamic sister. Can someone revert your Islam in any of your Islamic countries without been killed or beheaded?

Is it your body?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by midnighter(f): 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
MetaPhysical:

A muslim does not have to bear an Islamic name to worship Allah.

Colonialism has ended but some people continue to submit themselves, voluntarily, to colonization.

Afolake Ogunbambi
Ashake Ifadare
Ifayemi Awolowo

There is nothing in the Quran that says these names cannot worship Allah.

I just wrote a piece in culture section on this same issue.

Abubakar, Abdullahi, these names were given by idol worshippers before Arab accepted Islam. They continue to be given to Muslim children.

After accepting Islam, why didnt Arab stop bearing names that originated from worship of deities?

Interesting

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
doggedfighter:

Will you keep quiet there !!

Is like the thin pain you oo, ?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
Nigerians, every where we go we must show that we sabi religion, as if with all our religion our country is the best.simple instruction you cannot obey.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by TinyHacker: 5:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
they shouldnt have hired her in the first place
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Bahamas95(m): 5:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
Must she wear hijab to prove to the world that she is now a muslim?undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Ogunnnowos: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
YorubaPrince:
Good job... send her ass home! You can't go to another man's country and wanna be claiming nonsense. She can go to Saudi or Somalia if she wants to cover up like terrorists. Nonsense!
why are you Christian so bitter abt muslims?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by churchmind: 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
Esseite:

You were employed as a none hijab wearing muslim, then out of the blues you tell your colleagues 2months after you would start wearing hijab without checks if the outfit has reservations for hijab?...

That is a breach of employment contract.
A clear case of her disrespecting an institution that has long standing culture, ethics,to me this is another well scripted pranks NL remember.law school hijab and now chicken restaurant hijab, different location same same,I mean same same people ekaroooo

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by neonly: 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author= post=85486969]When you are in Rome, do as the Romans do.[/quote

Don't mine her If she wan wear d hijab make she go Saudi or Iran Iraq ]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by ogbuefi677(m): 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
LegendHer0:

Bro you shouldn’t discuss what you don’t know. Most Nigerians are ignorant and they always think every country will be archaic as theirs.

In USA, there are several states where even police officers wear hijabs and several government establishments. Infact even in the house of representative you can wear your hijab.

Nike is a brand in USA and they are producing hijab which millions are wearing daily and it’s just plain ridiculous that Nigerians will be saying rubbish they don’t know.

If you reach the USA, right from the international airport where you’ll encounter the custom officials (ICE agents), we have several custom officials in hijab and even in private agencies like Fortune 500 companies people use hijab freely without intimidation.

I work in one of the Fortune 100 companies and there are several colleagues that come to work in mid size hijab especially Nike.

Even the restaurant in question already apologized to the woman so I don’t know why Nigerians Christians like to most time brother on things that dosen’t concern them.

Hijab is her right, in as much as they don’t make it compulsory for her to wear it against her will, she is free to wear hijab as she want.

Note: most of you Christians on here are showing more terrorism tendencies by not being tolerant and always finding a way to shoot Islam down at every instant. You are all becoming a menace and it will only be a short time before you all start picking up arms too like the Islamic jihadists.
Can a Christian work anywhere in Saudi Arabia without at least a headscarf?

2 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
ogbuefi677:

Can a non-muslim or any woman without at least a headscarf be granted the same rights in Saudi Arabia?

Before I answer you, are you a Muslim or Christan? If you are a Christian you re a evil let forget about how people of old Testament use to dress, Paul also ssaid in new testament that woman should cover her head always go and read Corinthians very well. You re Muslim I think you re not well, Allah said in Quran that women should cover there beauty from head to below of breast, Now between Bible and Quran where Muslim go wrong if they cover head?

But if you are athiest then your problem is in another area and I can address you. If you want me to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Egabs(m): 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
How can u wear an hijab to work in an eatery that have dress code and u are posting this calling the company discriminating against religion how I don’t just understand some people even in Nigeria self eatery’s have vest they wear at work which is the standard all over
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Ogunnnowos: 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
klax:

The boss is even a nice person if it's me I will suspend her immediately with stern warning if she try such nonsense again I will fire her with no remorse she can damn return to Zamfara state where bloody sycophants are arresting federal police officer because of their useless sharia my foot.
see how you are boiling over this,Mr man I just hope you won't later bury yourself with hate soon
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Chicastle: 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
YorubaPrince:
Good job... send her ass home! You can't go to another man's country and wanna be claiming nonsense. She can go to Saudi or Somalia if she wants to cover up like terrorists. Nonsense!

Be like say E pain you well bro
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Mummymahdi(f): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Egabs:
How can u wear an hijab to work in an eatery that have dress code and u are posting this calling the company discriminating against religion how I don’t just understand some people even in Nigeria self eatery’s have vest they wear at work which is the standard all over

But because they are sane ppl an apology followed. . think
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by back2sender: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Ipob propaganda. Just to paint yoruba bad.
This is not ipob propaganda.
Just see as the woman be like bread when dey soak overnight for water.
In as much as I don't have any issues with people wearing what they like, I have come to realize that a large number of this ladies that say it's an Islamic edict to wear hijab are people with a lot of low self esteem.
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Ttipsy(f): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
sammyj:
Use office dress code. Imagine working inna bank in Nigeria and wearing hijab in Southern part of the country. She would have worn her hijab at home. cool
do bankers wear hijab up north?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by LegendHer0: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
ogbuefi677:

Can a Christian work anywhere in Saudi Arabia without at least a headscarf?

I also don’t like Saudi Arabia with their kind of religious intolerance.

However the discussion is about USA and they are a secular country that dosen’t claim allegiance to any religious faith.

It’s always clearly written when you’re applying for jobs in USA that “USA does not discriminate against race, tribe, or religion”.

That is the American creed of freedom of association and religion and the restaurant in question already apologized to the woman.

Why is it that you Christian bigots always claim purity whereas you are just as fanatics like the Islamic bigots you sought to condemn?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Sweeetheart(m): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
so what should we do online? send missile to Texas to discipline someone that worked his ass up to established the eatery?

what I like about you is your size, not your Islam or Christianity. you've it all big and I can bet it Toto won't be an exception

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by guru333(f): 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
AS USUAL, CHRISTIANS ARE JUBILATING BECAUSE IT'S ISLAM THAT IS BEING PULLED.
BUT IF YOU BAN A CHRISTIAN FROM PREACHING OR PRAYING PUBLICLY, OR YOU BAN CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS BOOKS OR ITEMS YOU'LL FIND THEM WAILING ABOUT THE ATTACK ON CHRIST AND HOW THE GATES OF HELL CANNOT PREVAIL, ALONG WITH OTHER NONSENSES THEY UTTER WHENEVER THEIR RELIGIOUS ACTIONS ARE QUESTIONED.

THE TRUTH IS, CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS.... YOU ARE ONE.

YOU ALL HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING EACH OTHER. YOU NEED TO EMBRACE EACH OTHER LIKE ONE LARGE CONGREGATION OF GULLIBLE DIRECTIONLESS HERD OF CATTLE THAT NEITHER KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING OR WHERE THEY'RE GOING. cheesy
kiss
CAPSLOCKED:
BUT IF YOU BAN A CHRISTIAN FROM PREACHING OR PRAYING PUBLICLY, OR YOU BAN CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS BOOKS OR ITEMS YOU'LL FIND THEM WAILING ABOUT THE ATTACK ON CHRIST AND HOW THE GATES OF HELL CANNOT PREVAIL, ALONG WITH OTHER NONSENSES THEY UTTER WHENEVER THEIR RELIGIOUS ACTIONS ARE QUESTIONED.

YOU ALL HAVE TO STOP FIGHTING EACH OTHER. YOU NEED TO EMBRACE EACH OTHER LIKE ONE LARGE CONGREGATION OF GULLIBLE DIRECTIONLESS HERD OF CATTLE THAT NEITHER KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING OR WHERE THEY'RE GOING. cheesy

Hollup Hollup
Are you normal
is oil leaking from your brain?
shey ur mama did not teach you that having sense is key in every situation

Who told you we are the same
We are Serving a Living God
I don't know what y'all be serving
Stop joining sheep's and Goats and call em one ...
Be wise

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Ttipsy(f): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
She should just go with their dress code to retain her job

That's her business thou
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by guru333(f): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

kiss
CAPSLOCKED:

Hollup Hollup
Are you normal
is oil leaking from your brain?
shey ur mama did not teach you that having sense is key in every situation

Who told you we are the same
We are Serving a Living God
I don't know what y'all be serving
Stop joining sheep's and Goats and call em one ...
Be wise
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Ttipsy(f): 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
LegendHer0:

I also don’t like Saudi Arabia with their kind of religious intolerance.

However the discussion is about USA and they are a secular country that dosen’t claim allegiance to any religious faith.

It’s always clearly written when you’re applying for jobs in USA that “USA does not discriminate against race, tribe, or religion”. U talk too much,, she should just remove the hijab to retain her job

That's simple..

That is the American creed of freedom of association and religion and the restaurant in question already apologized to the woman.

Why is it that you Christian bigots always claim purity whereas you are just as fanatics like the Islamic bigots you sought to condemn?
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by midnighter(f): 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kokoebapluse:

Before I answer you, are you a Muslim or Christan? If you are a Christian you re a evil let forget about how people of old Testament use to dress, Paul also ssaid in new testament that woman should cover her head always go and read Corinthians very well. You re Muslim I think you re not well, Allah said in Quran that women should cover there beauty from head to below of breast, Now between Bible and Quran where Muslim go wrong if they cover head?

But if you are athiest then your problem is in another area and I can address you. If you want me to

Youre a very nonsensical creature, St. Paul was talking to the Corinthians and Corinthian culture which mandated covering the head for those women in particular to show their submission to their husbands and to God.

Corinth had a reputation for promoting a loose lifestyle and St Paul was telling the Christians there to keep a good image for themselves.

That teaching has nothing to do with hijab of today. You cant compare Greek people in their culture living thousands of years ago with what obtains for modesty in the 21st century.

Stop taking things out of context! It does not help you at all

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Mummymahdi(f): 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
Bahamas95:
Must she wear hijab to prove to the world that she is now a muslim?undecided undecided

Yes. Cos hijab is compulsory on every Muslim woman
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by back2sender: 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
Egabs:
It's people like this Trump should deport to their country so that she can wear hijab in naija as she likes.
They go to America for economic advantage and want to impose thier acts on the country, something a non moslem cannot try in Saudi Arabia.
Let them migrate to UAE, Saudi, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, and see if they can behave the way they do in America.

1 Like

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by wink2015(m): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
The Americans are scared of OSAMA BIN LADEN.

The hijab just reminds the YANKEEs that this woman wearing hijab could be one of OSAMA agents trying to plant a BOMB in the office.

But why is a muslim bold enough to try in America what christian can not do in Saudi Arabia?

2 Likes

Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Liposure: 5:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
And I thought america is religiously tolerant
Re: Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home by Bahamas95(m): 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
Mummymahdi:

Yes. Cos hijab is compulsory on every Muslim woman
Even if it's compulsory can't she take a break by taking it off at work? Will that stop her from being a muslim?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Zubaida Mahmoud Admitted To New York Bar In Hijab (Photos) / See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / Physics Graduates: Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.