Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death (104663 Views)

Iran Identifies 35 US Targets For Retaliatory Strikes After Soleimani's Death / President Rouhani Assures Soleimani’s Daughter Of Revenge (Photo) / Qassem Soleimani's Hand Before And After The Attack (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by somtookeke(m): 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
In a series of tweets, President Donald Trump has reiterated his warning to Iran not to retaliate in the aftermath of Friday's deadly strike on Qasem Soleimani.

Claiming the US had "just spent Two Trillion Dollars on Military Equipment," Trump added in an early Sunday tweet: “If Iran attacks an American Base, or any American, we will be sending some of that brand new beautiful equipment their way...and without hesitation!”

Read More:

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/us-deploying-troops-to-iran-video.html

Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by trippleKAY(m): 4:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
I'm just waiting patiently for All these to be turned into a movie undecided
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by engrchykae(m): 4:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
Coldie:
Look how prestigious American military are and how they respect themselves.

Send the Nigerian army to anywhere first thing they do is mount road block and start collecting Money from drivers, while the rest enter the area and start causing problems between themselves and residents.

A military woman would be flogging u and telling u to enter the gutter for not greeting her, a military man would be coming to your house to flog u cause u and him are dragging same babe, cadets would block a full blown busy road and start calling citizens bastards that they cant do anything
it's a zoo for God's
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by engrchykae(m): 4:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
Coldie:
Look how prestigious American military are and how they respect themselves.

Send the Nigerian army to anywhere first thing they do is mount road block and start collecting Money from drivers, while the rest enter the area and start causing problems between themselves and residents.

A military woman would be flogging u and telling u to enter the gutter for not greeting her, a military man would be coming to your house to flog u cause u and him are dragging same babe, cadets would block a full blown busy road and start calling citizens bastards that they cant do anything
it's a zoo for God's sake
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by tundess: 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
tundess:
I'm all for war because our oil will sell grin
The troops pictured will not venture out of strongholds. Iraqi parliament (you know, the ones that voted with purple fingers all those years ago ?) just passed legislation asking all US troops to leave.
If not, they are occupiers and resistance to occupation is legal under just war doctrine.
Soulemani's aim was to eject the US from Iraq.
If Trump sez "pound sand", he's a liar who promised to end forever wars and he suffers electorally. Also, US troops in Syria are exposed. If he leaves, all that Twitter stuff was bluster. Iran can also supply the Taliban to their east. Lots of US troops wandering around there. Plausible deniability too. Trump has been trying to negotiate an exit there and the Talibs are insisting they will "win" whatever Trump sez.
Iranians invented modern chess. They have no where else to go but their country. Who blinks first ?
Also, notice Europe's silence. Deafening.

I'd like to add that the US has options too apart from kinetic. IS is being decimated in Idlib by Russian air power and the SAA. Maybe the Turkish, Saudi, US team can help them extricate vis the Turkish corridor.
But Trump has an election campaign to begin and needs campaign money. If he were to cut and run, the neocons won't cough up. So is Iraqi occupation a necessary further expenditure in blood and treasure ?
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by engrchykae(m): 4:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
rampantlover:
Marching to their deaths but it's OK because none of Trump's family will be there.
they called collateral damage
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by Tatarison(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
Gabson006:

Defense ke
The Biafrans defended during the Nigeria civil war.
Look at where they ended.
Oh, so you think US will end up like Biafra?
Biafra case is different. When the war was getting hot, their leaders abandoned them. US is not like Biafra
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by akin9ja78(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
Radical response, God Bless America
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
ghettokid1:

Truth! It wouldn't be easy for both sides

listein see men, see level ! i love donald trump ! please sir spend just half of this fine boys to Nigeria . i get work for them
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by Seun360(m): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
Timekeeper:

Why is ur Papa still in the village bush
Trump recognize you as an ape from Africa, keep famzing.
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by Seun360(m): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
Timekeeper:

Why is ur Papa still in the village bush
Trump recognize you as an ape from Africa, keep famzing.

1 Like

Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by izubext007: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
I Can Hear Sound Of War.
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by SniperSmurf(m): 4:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
War never changes!
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by engrchykae(m): 4:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Xavi2019:

These men sacrifice their lives for me and you to live in a safe and peaceful society despite being poorly equipped (with the aba made guns you described). The least you can do is show some respect to them, If at all you want to show disrespect, channel it towards those in high places, let them sit up and equip these men with the right equipments and stop playing politics with the war in the North-East, you'd be amazed what these gallant soldiers are capable of.
Cheers.
no, rather these animals fight for British and American interest in Africa from congo where they fought for Belgium to Liberia where they fought for USA to Mali where they fought for France to home soil where they fought for Shell petroleum aka British.
The only army that kills compatriots more than foreigners
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by blackjack21(m): 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
Explorers:
My Layman's term.

War sometimes is not about hardware, tech, or might.

But Strategy, Logic, Planning and Diversion. You make false move, withdraw on the way and make another.

This is 2020, not 1920s.

If there should be WWIII, the result might be shocking.

Only if we live to tell.

If asked, I'll say that war is about EVERYTHING.
Don't underestimate anything.
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by whytepawn1(m): 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
seen anyone happy about going to war?
Yea.... Some adrenaline junkies look forward to it for real.
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by Gabson006: 5:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
Tatarison:
Oh, so you think US will end up like Biafra?
Biafra case is different. When the war was getting hot, their leaders abandoned them. US is not like Biafra

You did not connect your response with my response.
Someone posted that Iran should defend, that's why respond.
It is to tell you that if Iran should defend, it will end up like the one we have in Nigeria. Not the other way around
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by Gabson006: 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
trippleKAY:
I'm just waiting patiently for All these to be turned into a movie undecided

Have you watched

1. Homeland
2. Berlin station.

Go and watch those 2 movie, you will get some ideas what's about to play out here
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by engrchykae(m): 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
blackslayer:
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN THE KING LED THE CHARGE ON A BATTLE FIELD WHEN WAR IS DECLARED?
MAYBE THIS SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT, PERHAPS THESE MODERN DAY COWARD KINGS WILL NOT BE SO QUICK TO DECLARE OR INITIATE WAR WITH A STROKE OF A PEN! WE NEED BRAVE KINGS THAT ARE READY TO LEAD THE FRONT LINES WHEN WAR IS DECLARED. THAT IS WHAT REAL KINGS AND LEADERS DO! NOT LEAD BEHIND A PEN AND PAPER. FVCKIN RETARDED ORANGE ORANGUTAN...WHEN YOU VOTE IN A HALF WIT...THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.
when Kings like David,sennacherib, Nebuchadnezzar, Nimrod,Og,agammenon etc lead the charge.
Now one coward will decide the fate of brothers and father's with a speech
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by MKULTRA: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
Viking007:
You just echoed what I had in mind. One can see the sense of pride and valor in these pictures. Not the Zanku dancing, civilian bully, Shekau ridden Nigerian "army".
grin
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by fredoooooo: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
tartar9:
Older men start wars, but younger men fight them.” ~ Albert Einstein

This remind me of TROY ...
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by Blueelf: 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
Oche211:
This war is not good.
Many of these men and women are uncertain of their fate.
Some many not return back alive if the war begins.
BTW, does the Nigera Army send women to the war front too?

Have you seen Nigerian Female soldiers. Most are very obese looking and unfit for active duty
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by Bahamas95(m): 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
Chai! When you see soldiers to join military go hungry you unlike the ones we have in this fvcking sh!thole

Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by Opiletool(m): 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
layzie:

I doubt it. Most of the work will be done via the air. Ground troops will only enter Iran after the destruction to mop up. Just like with Iraq by George Bush in early 2000s. The war ended in weeks with capture of Hussein even after all his boasting before the war started.

In that same Iraq war you quoted, over 30,000 US soldiers died.
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by fredoooooo: 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
Time to ask all those ex generals and Dasuki about our military money ... our own soldiers should look like this .
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by revolt(m): 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
People dont understand. With that useless impeachment move, the president will simply start a war where he can suspend the constitution based on protecting the lives of the people. What were they thinking? IMPEACH THE MOSY POWERFUL MAN ON EARTH.. Now all attention has been diverted to national security plus the u.s military cannot be kept idle. All it takes is a general to take over power and the biggest dictatorship in history will emerge.
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by kratosonofzeus: 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
Typhoonsbane:

You just proved my point,you people lack patriotism and it is evident in your cowardice. If you cannot die for your country,tell me what is worth dying for then.all those countries y'all run to and force affiliation with became what they are because of the millions of people that sacrificed themselves for the cause.
Nigeria is not worth dying for, for instance if a soldier dies on the causebof duty, there are some tributes that is being paid to the parents of d deceased, but here in Nigeria...is it the government that cannot equip our soldiers, that will able to pay tribute, patriotism cannot work in Nigeria again because insecurity is the order of the day, there is assurance that out of these 3000 soldiers going for war 2900 might return alive, but here in Nigeria ordinary protest out of 3000 civilians 1000 might come back alive the rest might be shot dead, or arrested and beaten to pulp, in short living in Nigeria is also d same thing as fighting in war front because death is certain in war front and in Nigeria
Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by blacq2009(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

American wars are mostly fought by blacks, latinos and poor white people. FACTS. The rich white people who start the war and make money from the war don't want their children to go and die.
Just imagine this. A reason for the American visa lottery. They'll have the immigrants do the dirty works.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death by Blueelf: 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Kid, dey look face or in this case moniker before you talk okay.. mind you I hold an American passport so not everyone is a failure and reject like you.
And mind you, defence budget doesn't equate to kitting your soldiers and making them fit. Yes it equates to military hardware but not petty kits like night vision Google's and C4s.

Whereas , the yearly budget for the Nigerian military, where do they usually end up? They get swallowed by Buratai, olonisakin and other generals down to the level of lieutenant. Even a warrant officer will have his own share and you're here saying rubbish.
Gbam brother

I have always shared your sentiments and aired my views on social media. Yet many of my detractors have always shouted "budget", "budget". My brother, if greedy politicians and Army Chiefs make maximum use of our military budget, our boys would at least have Night vision goggles to fight Book haram and have their allowances paid on time and in full.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Inside Kamala Harris 119 Rooms Brief Mansion Close To The White House(Pics) / Taliban Fighters ’round Up Women Into Car Park Like Cattle’ & Open Fire(Pix,vid) / The Hidden Underground City In Finland Built In Case Of Nuclear War (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.