Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS (54410 Views)

Hanan Buhari And Turad Sha’aban Wedding Invitation (Photos) / Hanan Buhari To Wed Mohammed Turad / Video Of Hanan Buhari On The Presidential Jet, Waving. Shared By Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by hchiboy: 11:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
oglalasioux:
If at any time he tried to use the phone number for fraud then his arrest and detention is in order. I don't believe the DSS will just swoop on him like that. The sim card was involved in something dubious.

30 insulting mentions and counting.

No matter how bad our security agencies may look, we should remember they are Nigerians like us which means a true reflection of ourselves; stupid and vindictive. I have no apologies for my post above. If that sim card wasn't involved in something bad, that guy wouldn't have been arrested. DSS releasing him doesn't mean he's innocent. Sometimes you let a guilty person go if his trial may trigger something worse. Let more mentions pour in. I'm waiting.

Don't say what you don't know about at all........we whe de the area know wetin xup ok......just wish u are never accused or victimised ok
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2020
DaBullIT:

There's 99.99% chance he used the number for fraud either intentionally or by chance

This was my argument on twitter

ThoughtDSS has their excesses, thowever here's been cases where people went far to clone top politician's number to perpetrate contract fraud

Some people just want to spite buhari without thinking with their senses
So why not charge him to Court if he used the sim for fraudulent activity, why free him after 15 weeks is that how our system work. Catch a criminal arrest him and free him without going to court. The fact that they freed the man means they had no case against him.
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
The rate at which these people are trampling the civil rights of Nigerian citizens is very alarming. How can you arrest someone for purchasing a property that was being sold legally on the open market? I do not give a Bleep who the property belonged to, as long as the sale was legal. In my opinion, the greatest threat to democracy in Nigeria is the indiscriminate violation of the rule of law by the agents of the government and those who swore an oath to serve and protect. Where are the other branches of the government...the legislature and the Judiciary? Have they taken a back seat and relegated their constitutional role to a dictatorship? This is really a serious problem when the Constitution is constantly been flouted.
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
oglalasioux:
If at any time he tried to use the phone number for fraud then his arrest and detention is in order. I don't believe the DSS will just swoop on him like that. The sim card was involved in something dubious.

No matter how bad our security agencies may look, we should remember they are Nigerians like us which means a true reflection of ourselves; stupid and vindictive. I have no apologies for my post above. If that sim card wasn't involved in something bad, that guy wouldn't have been arrested. DSS releasing him doesn't mean he's innocent. Sometimes you let a guilty person go if his trial may trigger something worse. Let more mentions pour in. I'm waiting.
You are not getting the point, why would DSS arrest someone using the president daughter previous number for fraud and free that person After some weeks without taking them to court. If you are right and the guy actually use the number for fraud then DSS is worst than I thought.

2 Likes

Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by golddare: 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
dre11:
Man says DSS detained him for using sim card previously used by Buhari’s daughter

https://m.guardian.ng/news/man-says-dss-detained-him-for-using-sim-card-previously-used-by-buharis-daughter/

Telecom needs to stop this nonsense,
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by Parablesonmarble: 12:36am On Jan 07, 2020
oglalasioux:

I'm sorry, I can't help but quote you. You based your argument on the assumption that the man must have done something wrong with the sim. You have no fact whatsoever to justify your statement except that the man is a Nigerian and a fraudster in the making. So disappointing. What if he didn't do anything wrong? Put yourself in the shoes of that man. Just what if he's innocent but held for precautionary reasons.
1. It is not illegal to recycle sim or else the service provider would be at fault.
2. It is not illegal to legitimately acquire sim card
3. Buhari's daughter is a high profile person that needs protection from all kinds of crazy things that can happen and that ought to be done as covertly as possible by the 'secret' service.
4. Once the recycling is noticed, the service has enough muscle to recall the sim or wipe all link to their principal to avert any trouble.
5. If the man has done anything wrong, it is against his fundamental human right to be held from July to December without charging him to court.
6. Up until now, no one has come out to corroborate your claim that the man has done something wrong with that sim.
7. Its not exactly easy for the man and his lawyer to sue the secret service if there is something to hide.
8. Admit that you may be wrong in your assumption. That is more honorable than your grandstanding. The last winner of the Nobel Laureate for Chemistry recently openly admitted that she made mistakes with her submissions making the experiment irreproducible by other scientists world wide, hence she withdrew her submission. Everyone applauded her for admitting she's human and its human to err. We all make mistakes. Admit yours and maintain your respect.
9. Otherwise you can keep grandstanding but I'll pray something like this should come your way sooner rather than later so that you can use your high level reasoning to say thank you to the secret service for thorough job well done after your unwarranted incarceration.
10. You can keep counting the mentions. They only tell you that you may not be right after all. Your comment smirks of hypocrisy. Being stupid and vindictive are now virtues that we must accept as norms in the spirit of democracy and the mantras of ' change' and 'next level'.Pathetic. It may be a reflection of how you think but not how every Nigerian thinks. Those that are not like you and your ilk took some time out to point to you that these kind wrongs will never be accepted as normal thing in their lives. We still have sensible, upright Nigerians in spite of our daily challenges.
11. Have a wonderful night.

1 Like

Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by witworth(m): 1:43am On Jan 07, 2020
dre11:
Man says DSS detained him for using sim card previously used by Buhari’s daughter

https://m.guardian.ng/news/man-says-dss-detained-him-for-using-sim-card-previously-used-by-buharis-daughter/

just because you have a job doesn't mean you are doing your work. Just like DSS.
They're are the most senseless intelligence and security agency in the world. No value no worth.

1 Like

Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by vanunu: 1:47am On Jan 07, 2020
DaBullIT:

There's 99.99% chance he used the number for fraud either intentionally or by chance

This was my argument on twitter

ThoughtDSS has their excesses, thowever here's been cases where people went far to clone top politician's number to perpetrate contract fraud

Some people just want to spite buhari without thinking with their senses

Take time to improve yourself, you can start reading detective novels, so that you will not be arguing like somebody with a very low IQ
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by linearity: 4:03am On Jan 07, 2020
Sirjamo:
Hanan might have filed a complaint to the DSS that someone was using her previous sim card to defraud some of her associates, if not, how would the DSS have known about the sim card?

So you belief that, DSS will arrest someone impersonating the first family and defrauding their associates and just let them go free without bringing charges against them?

Given the over-busy body & IGG of Nigeria security forces, I will believe the guy a million times over DSS.

1 Like

Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by ojobek: 5:42am On Jan 07, 2020
oglalasioux:

DSS will not release him if fraud is involved without charging him to court,the man will not also contemplate of going to court if he involved in fraud activities. You ought to go back for better comprehension.
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by jaxxy(m): 6:26am On Jan 07, 2020
Sirjamo:
Hanan might have filed a complaint to the DSS that someone was using her previous sim card to defraud some of her associates, if not, how would the DSS have known about the sim card?

If the man used the SIM card for fraud he wud never in his entire life be seeking redress or don’t u think? Especially against the presidents daughter? We he ain’t crazy.

Let’s use our heads and think.

The dss has always been overzealous in this administration, disregarding fundamental basic human rights of the citizens at will. This is just another totally avoidable and unreasonable abuse once again.

oglalasioux:

Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by Youthleader22(m): 6:56am On Jan 07, 2020
oglalasioux:

Did the DSS operatives tell you it was used for fraudulent activities? Or is Buhari’s daughter the owner of Mtn? Yeye.
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by Angeldada55(m): 7:13am On Jan 07, 2020
...like seriously ?

Infact, they should sue MTN sef...
What rubbish !!!

Iffa talk now, e go be like I no dey inside the "100million" wey dem wan epp out of poverty.

Mtcheeew
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by DaBullIT(m): 8:05am On Jan 07, 2020
vanunu:

Take time to improve yourself, you can start reading detective novels, so that you will not be arguing like somebody with a very low IQ

WOW

So dumb, so stupid, your type thinks you are the best, but in reality you are full of yourself, essentially that's crap you are full of

What I posted is not an exaggeration, it's a well researched and well publicised event, cloning phones and obtaining money by trick from previously registered number

There are over 7 High profile cases of such incidents

At least 2 cases of people who attempted to withdraw funds from an account that they got alerts from when they bought new sim cards

Please don't be stupid, I don't make things up like majority of your type
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by don4real18(m): 8:05am On Jan 07, 2020
Shafiiimran99:
How did dss take know then?
Perhaps, people tried to reach her on that line and when someone else picked up, they reported to DSS
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by DaBullIT(m): 8:21am On Jan 07, 2020
oloriLFC:
This sim card wahala sef undecided That was how I bought one 9mobile sim jeje in 2018, I no dey rest cos e be like say na one hot babe dey use the same line. I get calls, messages on it. I tried explaining to the callers that I wasn't the person they thought they were speaking to. Some would not believe me, thank God my man no be the over jealous type, dey for put sand in my garri. They kept calling me 'Oyin', me I don't know anyone by that name o. The stuff continued for long. It has reduced now, it happens just once in a while. Na wah o! undecided undecided

I am almost certain that in the first few days you would think its a prank or something right?

Then you later realize that indeed someone was using thr number before you right?

Psychologically, the okoli guy went through the same process, he probably told his friends and they gave him advice to try and make money

The full story said the suspect ran away (depending on how you wish to translate the story). DSS had to arrest his relative ( I think his mum or dad) why was he running?

If you were criminal minded, all those calling you would have sent cards, or even money based on how you think the previous owner was a hot / runs babe

So why are people just shouting DSS up and down as if the guy himself is holy spirit
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by DaBullIT(m): 8:24am On Jan 07, 2020
don4real18:

Perhaps, people tried to reach her on that line and when someone else picked up, they reported to DSS

The story said the boy ran away, and his relative was arrested before he came out of hiding

Why was he hiding / running?

Yes someone may have reported to DSS but in the long run this isn't the full story I'm 99% convinced a crime / something illegal was done by the suspect
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by highbee02: 9:01am On Jan 07, 2020
"arrest by proxy is unconstitutional "
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by fotadmowmend(m): 9:35am On Jan 07, 2020
The babe probably wants the sim back and the guy wasn't ready to let go ... I would do the same if I were him
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by Kayman3(m): 10:13am On Jan 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
The rate these networks recycle numbers these days is too much , that was how I bought a new sim and the next thing I started receiving bank alerts from access and union bank , I went to the network to report and they said I should go to banks and report , I just removed the SIM and destroyed and moved on jeje , if I was a criminal I would have used mobile banking to empty the person account but the luck is that a very upright person like me got the number

With this revelation, i think NCC should come up with a policy about a recycled mobile number. All recycled number that is attached to any bank account should be expunged from banks database before putting up those sim card for sale. That mean there should be central repository where all bank accounts and attached phone numbers can be looked up like the one used for BVN
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by Alajiki(m): 11:49am On Jan 07, 2020
oglalasioux:

You are talking sense bro. But the idiots on this forum would come after you nevertheless.

1 Like

Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by Livecrafts123: 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
GamalNasser:

The person had just 90 something K in it , not upto what I spend on myself every 5 days

Hokay oo but still not possible to empty an account if you're only armed with transaction details. You'll need the account password, numba, atm code, etc to access funds in that account and the banks don't send that along with credit/debit alerts.
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by walex2(m): 12:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
GamalNasser:

I don't need pin to buy airtime on the phone number registered to the account , the account had over 90k in it I could have used it to but data for a year you know
dial *897# if you are using first bank or *919# if you are using UBA or any code for other banks amd try to recharge yourself if they will not ask for ATM pin. I hate blind arguement
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by olatunjithomas(m): 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2020
Sirjamo:

In 2008, I accompanied classmates for a hunting expedition with my MTN simcard in my chest pocket. I only got to know it's missing when I got back to school and I wanted to fix it back into my Nokia 2626.
Till date, the number is still on my WhatsApp list saved with "My MTN No". The line is now in possession of a lady in far away Akwa-Ibom claimed she bought it from an Authorised simcard dealer

Bottomline;
It might not mean the guy was using it to defraud people, its not even like he has knowledge of the previous owner.

if I were Buhari's son, I could also decide to go after the new subscriber.
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by TeraHawks: 1:52pm On Jan 07, 2020
Why are you are such an idiot?
oglalasioux:

Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by oglalasioux(m): 1:55pm On Jan 07, 2020
TeraHawks:
Why are you are such an idiot?

Is Chief Zebrudaya on nairaland?
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by morningsta(m): 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
The rate these networks recycle numbers these days is too much , that was how I bought a new sim and the next thing I started receiving bank alerts from access and union bank , I went to the network to report and they said I should go to banks and report , I just removed the SIM and destroyed and moved on jeje , if I was a criminal I would have used mobile banking to empty the person account but the luck is that a very upright person like me got the number

Access to the line does not give you full access to mobile banking service. you still need to know his username to activate mobile/internet transfer. How do you plan on getting that?? On the other hand, transfer by USSD may be possible.

Telecom operators are empowered by law to deactivate and recycle inactive lines after 6 months, otherwise your hungry government would have extorted them for violation/breach
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by richPHAROAH: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
GamalNasser:

I can never take what doesn't belong to me in life .never ever ever ..Even if I see 100 million naira on the ground I will not touch it ..
swear with what ever gives you money that you have never taken anything that doesnt belong to u
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by Mayeldah(m): 4:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
My brother leave that idiot alone. He is a yoruba, that's how some of them are wired. They are deceptive in nature.

The Yoruba Muslims among them are the worse, to them everything is about party and religion. they support evil.

That's why the Fulanis are using religion to deceive them and take their lands.

Amumaigwe:

Your reasoning is at best very poor. We live in a country where law enforcement agents have repeatedly arrested Nigerians on mundanest of charges and kept without trial. If indeed you believe that your darling DSS must have arrested him him for using the SIM card for 'something dubious', kindly educate us on the nature of dubious transaction he got enmeshed in and explain further why your DSS released him without trial after 15 months of detention. Wouldn't it have been such a sweet case for them to get a conviction upon through their sister organization, the EFCC?
Some Nigetians have this penchant for supporting evil against fellow countryman as long as the victim bears a name not similar to the names they bear. But remember that the random buyer of that recycled SIM card could have been you or a close relative. Would you have expected the same people you are rallying against this victim to have believed your own story?
By our own words and actions or inactions we sow evil seeds whose harvest must come to us in our life time.
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by einsteine(m): 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
It has been confirmed by the guy that the DSS imprisoned him waiting for the go ahead of a teenager before releasing him. How's this fair?
Re: Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS by einsteine(m): 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2020
oglalasioux:

You are an idiot. 86 idiots currently like your post. This is a pointer that this country won't move forward as imbeciles are living side by side with reasonable people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Deletes Facebook Post, Tweet Condemning Deborah Samuel’s Killing / Kemi Adeosun Appointed NBET Chairman / Shocker: Buhari Accuses U . S. Of Aiding Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.