Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,211 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? (43291 Views)

How Do I Eject This Tenant? / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help / Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by MarianaTrench: 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
Remove the door leading yo their apartment angry

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
Shibaraba:
Boiled egg, palm oil, black calabash.. ..

That's your solution
You forget to add red ribbons sad
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Areaboy2(m): 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
na to do proper research and sign a comprehensive tenancy agreement to avoid long delays in court.

For this case, you go need finish the court oh, and start with the other person grin.

Lawyers, abeg help me, but there must be a way to sue for lost earnings?
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Kobicove(m): 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
Why would you live in someone's house and refuse to pay rent? undecided

6 Likes

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Cyberknight: 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2020
You need patience - eventually the court will give judgment in your favour and the tenants must pay all the back rent.

You will get a judgment that can be enforced against the tenant with possible garnishment of wages, if they're employed.

Why didn't you try the mediation centre first; you might want to do that with the second stubborn tenant.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by able20(m): 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2020
Tell the family that because of the conflict in the Middle East you want to sell the property keep the cash in case of incasity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Sterope(f): 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2020
Get a better lawyer.

Give quit notice before expiration.

Justcome:
I will make this as short as possible

There is this tenant that we gave quit notice since 2018 because of inability to pay the house rent. Up till now he has not moved out, we handled the case legally and its still in court till now.

This is the 3rd year that the man and his family have stayed without paying 1 naira because of our poor judicial system, we are still hoping the court will eject them this year.

Now there is another tenant that is very close to the man's wife, she did not pay 2019 rent and she was given quit notice 6 months ago to leave before December 31st, up till now, nothing has happened, we think she wants us to open a legal case so that she can stay for some more years free of charge like her friend.

Please what can we do concerning the two tenant situations?

The house is situated in Lagos. Ayobo area to be specific
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Neddstark: 2:49pm On Jan 08, 2020
Hire a property management company. They know how to get things done. They know how to play real dirty. Meanwhile dc their power and water.
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by promofleetmc: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
Taking cases like this to Court in Lagos might take years to have it resolved.I will advice you take the new defaulter to a Mediation center around you.That has helped me evict some sturborn tenants.
Try it and thank me later.

7 Likes

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Enwhen(m): 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
Justcome:

There is this tenant that we gave quit notice since 2018 because of inability to pay the house rent. Up till now he has not moved out, we handled the case legally and its still in court till now.

This is the 3rd year that the man and his family have stayed without paying 1 naira because of our poor judicial system, we are still hoping the court will eject them this year.

Now there is another tenant that is very close to the man's wife, she did not pay 2019 rent and she was given quit notice 6 months ago to leave before December 31st, up till now, nothing has happened, we think she wants us to open a legal case so that she can stay for some more years free of charge like her friend.

As long as u have taken them to court don't try anything that they can use against u before the next hearing date ....better exercise patient, when people are complaining about our judicial system many will not understand until they fall for it... If u want to speed up that case , u will have to spend more than the both are paying...I don't know how much they pay a year....when u see People like SOWORE pushing for their trial against govt , u should know that its money that is speaking ....if u don't mind spend the money to get them out quickly and start looking for it else wait , because any breach , will count against u...thank God it's NL , the court will not see this...Lawyers = Police in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Beautifulemi(f): 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
meum:
Remove the roof. Call it renovation. grin
I swear, this one is the best to do.

biko, for your cakes, small chops and all form of pastries kindly WhatsApp Mrs O via 08135797316. location: Warri, Delta State.
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by chinnygold: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
why go to court when there's citizen mediation center, it's like a court but it's quicker. you don't need to pay anything, just go and report them there. those people with the aid of motor men will throw their things out from. your house. it takes only weeks.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by martowskin1(m): 2:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
Justcome:

See pull thier roof, roof, window and doors, use street boys,(chairmen and community chiefs)

Trust me, u made mistake using court, Nigeria judiciary system is bastard. If its room and pallor, remove the toilet and batroom door

4 Likes

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Rexnegro(m): 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2020
meum:
lol
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by shadeyinka(m): 2:56pm On Jan 08, 2020
Justcome:

The Nigeria legal system is extremely slow when it comes to tenant/landlord perlava.

However, even if the court case stays for 10years, at the end of the day, they would be made to pay everything.

Wisdom:
Tell your lawyer that based on prevailing economic situation, you want to increase the rent by 300% wef March 2020. Let your lawyer serve the notice AND then continue with the court case.

If they are wise, they will beg for an out of court settlement.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Awoo88: 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by tiyejoor: 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
If the notice has expired. involve the police. Police knows how to handle stubborn tenants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by ccollins(m): 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
Justcome:

are you sure the lawyer knows what he is doing? Inbox me asap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2020
The law is more favourable to tenants and this is why they misbehave most times. It's high time this law is ammended. In developed nations you can't owe your house owner for that long. You coul be shot by him n he would defend himself by saying he was provoked. The house should please deliberate on this and come out with better tenancy laws.
Had a tenant who did not pay for three years saying she's building her own house. Had another who moved from a room apartment to three bedroom flat then ended up owing for three years. Some would have but will deliberately not paid. It's an act of wickedness.
So pls something has to be done fast.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 08, 2020
I have one baba just bring two she goat I swear problem is solved
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by 9jayes: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2020
Justcome:

its a 5 years old storey building, so it's not possible

Baba arrange some guys to dress like herbalists, let them be chanting round the house around 12am for 7 days. If anybody wants to challenge you tell dem its your house nd your ritual e no concern expired tenants.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by PointZerom: 3:00pm On Jan 08, 2020
Toyeen85:
All this wicked Lagos tenants that is how one idiot stayed in our house for 4 years without paying a kobo, may God punish him wherever he is.

Why can't you forgive and let go?
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by lucky4west: 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
this is a difficult situation...i have witnessed it a lot threaten their children with thugs, and cult boys but do not show ur face them go pack one time if na benin u de u no get problem only one gun shot from cultist them go run carry load for head...most especially if they have children...legal procedures the give them room to misbehave

1 Like

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by engrzico(m): 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
Since both stay in the ground floor, block all drainage system and flood the compound grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
Court??

Nigeria is a jungle o, sometimes you have to go thuggish to get results

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Lonelypacifist6: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2020
As funny as the first reply sounds using peoples belief against them works wonders, watch how they'll pack out of the house with immediate alacrity.

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by CaptainFM1: 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2020
Justcome:

Quick way, hire Agbero to throw his things out.

Or, Hire one fake habalist to make incantations at his doorstep every morning to wake him up. Plus put one fake and scary sacrifice Infront of his door. He will leave in peace

1 Like

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by armadeo(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2020
Some tenants are evil joor.

Imagine. What if the landlords means of lively good is that rent.

Guy better just disconnect light and water first. Today sef not tomorrow.

Next thing lock gate anyhow.

Treat them.like trapped animals. They can quarrel and shout but have no mercy cos they don't have mercy on you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by PointZerom: 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2020
Justcome:

Since the case is already in court, wouldn't this backfire?

You didn't tell us the tenant's side of the story. Something must have made him or her not to pack out by now.

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by richPHAROAH: 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2020
just invite thieves and arm robbers to come and rob the compound weekly. them go leave by force

1 Like

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by GraGra247(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
promofleetmc:
Taking cases like this to Court in Lagos might take years to have it resolved.I will advice you take the new defaulter to a Mediation center around you.That has helped me evict some sturborn tenants.
Try it and thank me later.

Please what's the name of the mediation center.

Does it work in a place like Lagos and how? Thanks in advance
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by pongwa(m): 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
meum:
very wrong move

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Doors, Cabinets, Wardrobe And Other Wood Works / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires / Plywood Ghetto-house Under Lagos Bridge That Has An Air-conditioner!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.