Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? (43310 Views)

How Do I Eject This Tenant? / My Landlord Is Trying To Eject Me For Having Visitors. Please Help / Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 12:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
Mostdetailed:

Nope. You apply for an order called garnishee to attach all banks. All the banks will be made to come to court and say which of them has accounts with the tenants. All those that have accounts with the tenant to the sum in arrears will by order of the court pay the amount to the landlord.

If he has no money, you apply for order to attach his properties
This takes longer time now, and in the event he does not have any money his property will be used and when the proerty is not up till the amount owed, what happens
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
Very Apt!!!!!!!!!!
LegalOpinion:

There are elements and legal considerations for every case before the court. Your advice here is not unlikely and also not absolutely.

In the instant case, elements such as tenancy agreement or the absence of it may change the course of the case.

Again, whether the quite notice issued was valid or invalid also can change the course of the matter. Also, whether the landlord has complied with the legal procedure for termination of tenancy or not is also a factor.

These things are some of the legal technicalities that can be deployed by an intelligent Lawyer to turn the tide.
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hw long did it take?
Uncledare4:
Mine was settled at citizen mediation centre at iba local gvt
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
If they are in the same state, it is esy to get them but if they packed to nother state VERY Difficult
Fastestmanalive:

But what if they Pak n go in the night what would happen to op arrears
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
where in Ikorodu and are the papers complete?
abj2040:
A 3 bedroom flat apartment is for sale in ikorodu, Lagos State. Interested buyer should contact me on 08164970589
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
which place is wrong? The police?
emmanuelpopson:

you went to the wrong place.. I can confirmed mine to you...
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
what are you saying?
AshipaEk0:

Who will do the execution if you do fi fa against movable property?

Na the lawyer go carry chattel and movable property?

Abi katikati wo lon so lenu?

undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
Coldie:

These people fit pack load run for night u no know naija
That's why go dey top of the game. Try get prove either video or pictures of the every night before you sleep and the next night delete the previous picture or video and instantaneous make a new one. Make use of your phone because of the date and time feature associated with your phone, That way you have something to show the court
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 8:56am On Jan 11, 2020
obehi247:
That's why go dey top of the game. Try get prove either video or pictures of the every night before you sleep and the next night delete the previous picture or video and instantaneous make a new one. Make use of your phone because of the date and time feature associated with your phone, That way you have something to show the court
This is stressful.
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by supernet4(f): 11:08am On Jan 11, 2020
mukthar2000:
ARE THEY Igbo GUYS? IF THEY ARE Igbo GUY FORGET IT,
they are ready to pay u 20year if they are get house newly, but once the rent due just be ready for truble.
Oga na true u talk o
Hmmm one rent my grandma house con accommodate him brother as he talk if e reach to pay rent he today make my grandma go collect d second person rent herself
Unfortunately d second person ran into trouble since 2012 them no pay rent
It got to a stage my grandma was pleading for him to leave he later said he's working on sumtin. D idiot sold his car con give my grandma 50k in 2013 imagine , in 2017 he accomodate anorher one chai na hin my head hot i demand for nepa fee them no gree give me they owe more than 20k for nepa. I just
Jejely disconnect there light, tgem ho beg bring small money I go connect am back till he con go village he no come back con lock door for like 8month nd then he get fiance wey get belle as God will have it d wife con come back 2019
With pikin that one too bring gumbody na so my grandma say no fight them o let them be after 2wks my grandma just go station with her old age na request to see doo con barrage everything say make d doo please na wetin she dey use chop be that (over 100) na so dpo invite tgem to write ubdertaken say in 1month them go evacuate after 2wks i disconnect their light nd water claiming we need to pay nepa
U see since then anytime agents bring people I ask them Abeg hope say u no be igbo
I can't accommodate them again I swear nd come to think of it there 're better ones among then o
Some just wan prove say them mad ni

1 Like

Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
supernet4:

Oga na true u talk o
Hmmm one rent my grandma house con accommodate him brother as he talk if e reach to pay rent he today make my grandma go collect d second person rent herself
Unfortunately d second person ran into trouble since 2012 them no pay rent
It got to a stage my grandma was pleading for him to leave he later said he's working on sumtin. D idiot sold his car con give my grandma 50k in 2013 imagine , in 2017 he accomodate anorher one chai na hin my head hot i demand for nepa fee them no gree give me they owe more than 20k for nepa. I just
Jejely disconnect there light, tgem ho beg bring small money I go connect am back till he con go village he no come back con lock door for like 8month nd then he get fiance wey get belle as God will have it d wife con come back 2019
With pikin that one too bring gumbody na so my grandma say no fight them o let them be after 2wks my grandma just go station with her old age na request to see doo con barrage everything say make d doo please na wetin she dey use chop be that (over 100) na so dpo invite tgem to write ubdertaken say in 1month them go evacuate after 2wks i disconnect their light nd water claiming we need to pay nepa
U see since then anytime agents bring people I ask them Abeg hope say u no be igbo
I can't accommodate them again I swear nd come to think of it there 're better ones among then o
Some just wan prove say them mad ni
It’s not about tribe
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
SMJay:
Hw long did it take?
we were invited on 2 occasions so on the second time we were given judgment (time for tenant to pack and settle me if need be) all within a month plus
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by supernet4(f): 1:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
SMJay:
It’s not about tribe
I said some not all
Even it happen among Yoruba
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by gassbee: 2:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Uncledare4:
we were invited on 2 occasions so on the second time we were given judgment (time for tenant to pack and settle me if need be) all within a month plus
pls which state did this take place
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
[quote author=gassbee post=85731765]pls which state did this take place [/quolagoste] ojo, iba lcda Lagos state
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 8:25am On Feb 08, 2020
Uncledare4:
Thank you.
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 8:25am On Feb 08, 2020
supernet4:
I said some not all Even it happen among Yoruba
ok
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Liposure: 9:43am On Feb 11, 2020
supernet4:
I said some not all Even it happen among Yoruba
hello beautiful
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
supernet4:
I said some not all

Lol
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
kiss
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2021
cool
supernet4:
I said some not all
Re: How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? by SMJay: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
grin
Boiled egg, palm oil, black calabash.. ..

That's your solution

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Plywood Ghetto-house Under Lagos Bridge That Has An Air-conditioner! / Doors, Cabinets, Wardrobe And Other Wood Works / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.