Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1113417 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Azpi: 11:46am On Feb 02, 2020
clintonsparkz:
concerning your different names you will have to swear an affidavit to be safe, summer application usually Start's around September/ October it won't be valid then, but u can mail the school to see if they will accept (a friend did this and they accepted) it depends on the school, why not apply for winter 2020?

Thanks for the response.
Are you saying my IELTS will still be valid for winter 2020 admission. The validity of the results states august 2020.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
Azpi:

Thanks for the response.
Are you saying my IELTS will still be valid for winter 2020 admission. The validity of the results states august 2020.
yes winter application has started currently for some schools and most most schools will end their application by july15th so u can use it to apply.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Eke40seven(m): 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
dpatrick:
Thanks alot sir! The money is not an issue. how long do should we wait before we start processing mine? My son will two years old this year. will they consider the reunion application with her still being a student or after graduation?

Well, if your son is only two, then that works perfectly in his favour. The younger the easier. They shouldn't stress him.
In your case, I believe it's easier if she is there already with your son for the second reason I stated in my earlier post.

She can start immediately she is through with her city registration and extension. It is easier to convince the Auslander that she needs someone to support her with the kid. Secondly, most student housing makes provisions for nursing mothers and the process is less harrowing as well.

The only stumbling block might be the German embassy in Nigeria. From what I heard, the waiting time is getting atrocious. Others can contribute in this regard as well.

I hope you find this helpful.

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by damsel93(f): 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
dpatrick:
Thanks alot sir! The money is not an issue. how long do should we wait before we start processing mine? My son will two years old this year. will they consider the reunion application with her still being a student or after graduation?

I'm not sure how easy it'll be for your son to with her, I've applied for family reunion for my son since 4 to 5 months ago but he doesn't have a date yet. I was planning to with him too but I'm not sure with the current situation on AD

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by yusuftosin: 1:36pm On Feb 02, 2020
Bros, me dey do quiz and tests every week na.
Na your institutes you go fit talk about. lol

Lmao! no dey scare ppl joor grin grin grin grin
Goztino:

Depending on your school.
Germany has two types of tertiary institutions.
1. University of Applied sciences (Fachhochschule)
2. Technical universities.

University of Applied sciences is more of practical while Technical universities is more of research but also have incorporated practicals depending on the course.
I am a student of RWTH Aachen University (technical university) and here it's really tough.
There is nothing like continous assessment in most German technical universities or even quiz or test as you may call it. They just tell you what to do and when you do it within the specified period, they grade your performance over 100%.

Some exams are just presentation and report writing, and you already know before now that Germans are generally not easy to please because here quality is a watch word and you must really do quality things to earn quality marks.
I have almost 30 courses to do throughout the duration of my MSc program and in all these courses, it's just 11 written exams.
All others are presentations, Practicals and report writing
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dpatrick: 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
Thanks Ma! na wa o. one would have expected that they do make it easy for a family reunion considering its a logical need for a mother to want to be with her son. Everything done hard
damsel93:

I'm not sure how easy it'll be for your son to with her, I've applied for family reunion for my son since 4 to 5 months ago but he doesn't have a date yet. I was planning to with him too but I'm not sure with the current situation on AD
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dpatrick: 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
Thanks Boss! it is very helpful, will start processing for my wife asap.. dont be angry please, have another question. what if I applied for my wife and myself separately for student visas, will that fly? she still bears her maiden name, we decided against doing change of name after we got married because we suspected this day might come. will there be any future implication with this strategy?

Eke40seven:

Well, if your son is only two, then that works perfectly in his favour. The younger the easier. They shouldn't stress him.
In your case, I believe it's easier if she is there already with your son for the second reason I stated in my earlier post.

She can start immediately she is through with her city registration and extension. It is easier to convince the Auslander that she needs someone to support her with the kid. Secondly, most student housing makes provisions for nursing mothers and the process is less harrowing as well.

The only stumbling block might be the German embassy in Nigeria. From what I heard, the waiting time is getting atrocious. Others can contribute in this regard as well.

I hope you find this helpful.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Eke40seven(m): 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
dpatrick:
Thanks Boss! it is very helpful, will start processing for my wife asap.. dont be angry please, have another question. what if I applied for my wife and myself separately for student visas, will that fly? she still bears her maiden name, we decided against doing change of name after we got married because we suspected this day might come. will there be any future implication with this strategy?

This would have been nice if a kid wasn't involved. Now, would be visa officer be convinced that the single mother can continue to sustain herself? What if they ask you, when the time comes. Well, don't tell them you are single though.. I have seen it work either ways but it might also be risky....

Your ability to convince the V/O that you are going there to study now, is the case. You have to prepare like crazy. Go with your study plans and detailed financial plans. And what you will do or how you would survive in the future. It's not impossible. I would however, think the family reunion if successful, will give you enough free time to work and take care of your son.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by clintonsparkz(m): 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2020
yusuftosin:

He said depending on the school.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fabcol(m): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2020
With HND I doubt you would find any, do a little research on it you might find something

Category A and B booking is the new booking system the embassy adopted last year.. they placed recent graduates(2017) who graduated with 1st class and second class upper going for masters or PhD in category A(priority list) while the rest in B... Go through the embassy website, you would understand better
NEROSKY:

Thanks, i just need a shortcourse, please what's the meaning of category A & B booking I'm always seeing, please enlighten me.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by charliesyndrom: 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2020
Pls who has IELTS materials? Send to charles.ugo@yahoo.com thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by jubrilx: 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hello house, is it okay to send my documents to uniassist through post before the online application?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Goztino(m): 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2020
yusuftosin:

And you obviously didn't see where I said MOST
not ALL?
Abi your own department summarizes what happens in other departments?
The fact remains that MOST technical universities grade their exam over 100, I don't know about university of Applied sciences
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by rockorieme(m): 9:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
Is there any hope for CAT B to get AD at all
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by rockorieme(m): 9:51pm On Feb 02, 2020
Is there any hope for CAT B to get AD at all?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by KahyePubg: 1:31am On Feb 03, 2020
Hi guys
Pls I need help understanding what a block account mean
I have read the thread page but still don't get it well
Also I saw that the minimum required for a block account as an applicant for a study Visa in Germany is 5000 euros.
Don't know if it has increased recently
Also I intend to apply for this school
https://www.h-brs.de/en/anna/study/master/analytical-chemistry-and-quality-assurance

Any suggestions or better alternatives
I intend to go for my masters in analytical chemistry and quality control. I checked DAAD for any uni offering it couldn't find any
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Energygod: 2:45am On Feb 03, 2020
rockorieme:
Is there any hope for CAT B to get AD at all?

As it is now
Only by the grace of God
Nobody has gotten dates for some time now about a month+

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by starboychan: 5:46am On Feb 03, 2020
Lmao where did you get that one from?

Energygod:

As it is now
Only by the grace of God
Nobody has gotten dates for some time now about a month+
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Melvix007(m): 7:45am On Feb 03, 2020
jubrilx:
Hello house, is it okay to send my documents to uniassist through post before the online application?

Well, I think there’s an application form generated on Uniassist which you’d be sending along with other documents. I really don’t know if it’s dependent on the University you’re applying to.

I sent you a pm.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Aderiike00: 7:49am On Feb 03, 2020
starboychan:
Lmao where did you get that one from?

Do you know anyone that has gotten?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Lexxybooy(m): 8:49am On Feb 03, 2020
Irene150:
Hi everyone, so glad to be here. Anyone applying to or presently studying at TUM and University of Cologne here pls. I intend applying to these schools. Any help as regards what to pay extra attention to as to get admission will be appreciated as I have all documents set
Thank You
I have applied to University of Cologne, I'm expecting my admission letter soon, so what info do you need?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Dipseet(m): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2020
I applied for 3 BSC courses l, got 1 rejection letter on Thursday. Waiting for the remaining 2 hopefully.

Ali228:
Hello Everyone

Any one has applied to master program Mechatronics and Cyber-Physical Systems Deggendorf University and got a reply or changes on the Online portal?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Zebulun1: 9:04am On Feb 03, 2020
gud day huze please wats d least amount for opening a blocked account for German student visa
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Tellz: 9:14am On Feb 03, 2020
Please who knows the price for Testas and everything entails in the test. Thank you.

Secondly my program start date is 15th February, no AD yet. Please what should I do? Am so restless.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by alexomoba: 9:44am On Feb 03, 2020
Hello house, pls has anyone gotten AL from uni Potsdam; National and International Administration and policy? Plsssss indicate.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by amikable97: 9:54am On Feb 03, 2020
Zebulun1:
gud day huze please wats d least amount for opening a blocked account for German student visa
10,236 euros

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by amikable97: 9:58am On Feb 03, 2020
Tellz:
Please who knows the price for Testas and everything entails in the test. Thank you.

Secondly my program start date is 15th February, no AD yet. Please what should I do? Am so restless.
February 15 is next 2 weeks o. Chai na wa o. Is it possible for you to get an enrolment extension? Or apply for winter? Because you getting AD now doesn't look feasible because of your start date. Normally time frame for whole visa process from AD to AM and finally Visum takes approximately 6-8 weeks, or even longer. I wish you luck
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Danny97: 10:03am On Feb 03, 2020
alexomoba:
Hello house, pls has anyone gotten AL from uni Potsdam; National and International Administration and policy? Plsssss indicate.
hey am on that course..
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Yitchaq: 10:35am On Feb 03, 2020
Send a mail to your school to request for extension or better still defer d admission till winter..
Tellz:

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Estherbabe1000: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2020
Anyone sending documents to FSU Jena this week within Lagos should please PM. Let's share cost

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.