Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation (36662 Views)

Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance / How The US And Iran Became Adversaries - A Brief History (Photos) / EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Blindersoff: 1:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
Necksonnel:

Do you expect him to retaliate to killing them since there was no casualty

Trump said and I quote "any damage to a property of the United States would be met with a stiff response" he never specified people
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by KingAzubuike(f): 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
Dybala11:

Your comment reeks of ignorance. According to you, the Iranians are still developing their nuclear weapons, while the US has been known to even used theirs as far back as 1945, this shows that they are miles ahead of the Iranians not even considering the military might of the two states. If this issue eventually escalates, of course the Iranians are expected to cause some damage on American interests outside of the US, but can the same be said concerning the US.
Your own comment reeks of illiteracy. I said they started the program in the 20th century. They'd no doubt have developed one by now

3 Likes

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Timekeeper: 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:

Don't you think you are being over sentimental here. After all we are talking of world peace

Must a country pay another country for peace to be in this world... Must Obama pay them
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by adelaja70(m): 1:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
Dybala11:

Don't mind the guy jor, he doesn't even know that some of the scientists the US used to make the first nuke in the Manhattan project are Jews, Israel needs the US backings to counter the likes of Russia. The Arabs have always found the Israelis a hard nut to crack since their state was established
If I call that fool idiot now.. He go dey vex... Read them nor go gree.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by adelaja70(m): 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Your own comment reeks of illiteracy. I said they started the program in the 20th century. They'd no doubt have developed one by now
Na 5th Century......
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by TRUSTEDGUY: 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
Timekeeper:

Must a country pay another country for peace to be in this world... Must Obama pay them

The key thing is that he maintained peace throughout it reign you think he cannot do what Trump is doing?
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by blowjohn(m): 1:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
Blindersoff:
Well it looks like Trump was all noise and no action afterall grin grin

Now he wants to negotiate peace

It seems u don't know that trump has been on a game plan all along.
Now watch him win the next elections

1 Like

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Switruth: 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:

They did that on purpose. They made sure there was no casualty. They only did it to send a message. It was a warning strike.
. Warning strike over a revered dead general. Hmmmm.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Dybala11(m): 2:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:

But you've easily forgotten how a small guerilla group in Lebanon chewed the entire Israeli military like kolanut around 2006. They began to beg for mercy and solicit divine help from the USA . An Iranian commander told them whatsup several months ago abd they started panicking. Forget about what your pastors and the Bible brainwashed you with, be factual.
Church my foot!! You ought to be ashamed of yourself, you mean the whole Arab nations had to attack the Israeli defence forces in Lebanon before they pushed them back. If you really think they're that strong and mighty let them attack Jerusalem, at least the Israelis have attacked Lebanon so many times

1 Like

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Truth370: 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
Seunaj05:
This fight is already finished nau. Its Trump vs Iran vs Democrats 2:0 in favour of the Potus!
Well, I knew that Iran would make mouth to protect it's ego and then stage a downplayed/watered retaliatory attack.
I bet you that no country wants to go to war with the United States, not even Russia (And if not Russia then it can never be anyone else) As for China, China would rather keep doing its bussiness than participate in any war at all. China will always be in the middle because it needs the United States to grow its economy more than the whole of the rest of the world, the same way Iran needs the US to grow it's economy.
I lost sympathy for the Iranians when I heard that the Obama administration gave Iran 150 Billion dollar! and an additional 400 million dollars as part of the peace deal initiated by the United States. Guess what, instead of Iran to judiciously use this money to grow its economy and provide livelihood for it's people, they went and use the money to buy armouries and weapons of mass destruction in order to fight the same person that gave them the money. This singular act makes it clear that Iran values conflicts more than human lifes and livelihood.
Let's be frank, Iran do not understand negotiations and diplomacy, the language they understood of course is WAR! My prayer is that may any country such as Iran never become the world power, otherwise the whole world will be soaked in blood.

You made no sense. America, China, Russia and other world powers spending billions on weapons love War abi ? If you don't want to be an Asslicker or a puppet improve your Arsenal. Imagine sitting in your house a Drone hits you after you've made lots of money you just loose everything in a split second. But advanced countries can detect a drone or intercept it, that's part of protecting your sovereignty.
You've the shallow mentality of our politicians who just think of Economy and thier pockets and forget having good Arsenal make you stand out.

India and Pakistan have good Arsenal despite their Economy. The mistake Gadaffi and Sadam did was neglecting their Arsenal that's why there were killed like chickens in their land.

If Kim of North Korea Arsenal is not strong America would have invaded him like they did to his dad in the 1950's.

If you want to be respected have a Nuclear weapon. '' If you want peace prepare for War ''

4 Likes

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by iammolise(m): 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
airminem:
smiley Yeaaaaa
As a homieeeee kindaaaa lady, i say fvck the US

grin

Daz riiite curvliness kiss
4ck the US, and Iran too... 4ck war talk let's talk love only. wink
I really love what I see, can I get to know ya?
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by McTobe(m): 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
Because he has Accomplished his Objectives
Blindersoff:

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by optimus106(m): 2:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
phyllosilicate:
Take it or leave it, only a hand full of countries would dare attack US bases and the US would fail to react.

Iran try small.

An attack killing how many people?
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Blindersoff:

American are begging for peace now..

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Timekeeper: 2:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:

The key thing is that he maintained peace throughout it reign you think he cannot do what Trump is doing?

Must a country pay another country to maintain peace? That's my question n u avnt answered it
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Blindersoff: 2:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
McTobe:
Because he has Accomplished his Objectives

I guess his objective was also to make Iran tear up the nuclear disarmament deal right?

Trump goofed and everyone knows it especially Americans but you a Nigerian are here dancing kerewa to Trumps miscalculation
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Chuka002: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
I have done a detailed research for my African
in Diaspora finding it hard to get Nigeria food stuffs due to your busy schedule.

Most people eat junks and all kind of foriegn food which has complications to the body later on, and sometimes it gives excessive fat.

I am bringing a solution to your door step.
Green Sun food export is here to profer solutions to this problem. Lets take your orders of Nigeria food stuffs and it will be sent to your door steps.

We can get Food stuffs like Egusi( Melon seed), Ogbono, Bitterleaf, Yam, Red Oil, Amala(yam flour) Beans(white and brown), Ijebu Garri, stock fish, etc.. Please tell us want you want, we are one text or call away.

We are just a Whatsapp Message away.

Mr Precious +2349067019624
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Mouthgag: 2:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nelsizzy:
You are a joke bro. An Iranian MAJOR GENERAL was killed like a chicken in Iraqi by US missiles and all Iran could do as a retaliation is to bomb an abandoned hut. Yet Trump is the noisemaker, how old are you?

I am not an advocate for war, just needed to make it clearer for this zombie.
You are a dunce after all.
I guess the so-called hut has not label and belongs to know one.
You need brain evaluations...
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by somehow: 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Nelsizzy:
You are a joke bro. An Iranian MAJOR GENERAL was killed like a chicken in Iraqi by US missiles and all Iran could do as a retaliation is to bomb an abandoned hut. Yet Trump is the noisemaker, how old are you?

I am not an advocate for war, just needed to make it clearer for this zombie.

Do you know what ambush mean?
do you know what assassination mean?

They had to do this through betrayal and in another country

He was killed while trying to attend a peace meeting

Yet you are hailing such cowardise

why did they not do the assassination inside iran? if they are so good, while kill a defenseless man?

only cowards fight like that!

They know they can't get to the man inside iran, so used a friend to lure him to another country and even killed a general from iraq in the process.

Cowards fight this way

now they are trying to negotiate without precondition fearing loss of heavy assets and probably lives too because they know Iran won't go down without a severe fight!
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Tenshades(m): 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
lagdmark:
American voters..... No war! Democrats............... No war! Republicans............. No war! Nigeria youths...........War! war!! & war!!!!.
Scatter a bee hive and expect the bees not to sting.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by TRUSTEDGUY: 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
Timekeeper:

Must a country pay another country to maintain peace? That's my question n u avnt answered it
Yes what is there.
Is it not better than war?
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by McTobe(m): 2:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
How do you read and analyze? To the reaction that trump is already talking peace I replied that BECAUSE HE HAS ACHIEVED HIS OBJECTIVES. Does that reply connote that I supported Trump Action ? It does not mean that I don’t support him either. I am simply responding. So don’t be hasty in your judgment Oga.
Blindersoff:

I guess his objective was also to make Iran tear up the nuclear disarmament deal right?

Trump goofed and everyone knows it especially Americans but you a Nigerian are here dancing kerewa to Trumps miscalculation
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by KingAzubuike(f): 2:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
adelaja70:

Na true bro.. When i dey watch BBC yesterday, i just dey laff. You wan bomb your enemy and you dey tell dem say Abeg i want to bomb your base. Aswear Iranian leaders are idiots.
Why are you people this daft?

They informed the Iraqi government because they didn't want to cause another trouble of killing foreigners on their own soil. The Iraqi government informed the Americans . That was what happened. Or you think they are terrosit like the USA where they'd kill a terrorist in a foreign soil? No these iranians are intelligent. Moreover it was just a warning strike. If they wanted it to be brutal, they wouldn't have told anyone. Don't be dull, read and digest.

2 Likes

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by achmed1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
Seunaj05:
This fight is already finished nau. Its Trump vs Iran vs Democrats 2:0 in favour of the Potus!
Well, I knew that Iran would make mouth to protect it's ego and then stage a downplayed/watered retaliatory attack.
I bet you that no country wants to go to war with the United States, not even Russia (And if not Russia then it can never be anyone else) As for China, China would rather keep doing its bussiness than participate in any war at all. In any war involving the United States, China will always be in the middle because it needs the United States to grow its economy more than the whole of the rest of the world, the same way Iran needs the US to grow it's economy.
I lost sympathy for the Iranians when I heard that the Obama administration gave Iran 150 Billion dollar! and an additional 400 million dollars as part of the peace deal initiated by the United States. Guess what, instead of Iran to judiciously use this money to grow its economy and provide livelihood for it's people, they went and use the money to buy armouries and weapons of mass destruction in order to fight the same person that gave them the money. This singular act makes it clear that Iran values conflicts more than human lifes and livelihood.
Let's be frank, Iran do not understand negotiations and diplomacy, the language they understood of course is WAR! My prayer is that may any country such as Iran never become the world power, otherwise the whole world will be soaked in blood.

The Money given wasn't a dash ..it was their money which the USA froze or siezed.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Vicyace: 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
Seunaj05:
I bet you that no country wants to go to war with the United States, not even Russia (And if not Russia then it can never be anyone else) As for China, China would rather keep doing its bussiness than participate in any war at all. In any war involving the United States, China will always be in the middle because it needs the United States to grow its economy more than the whole of the rest of the world, the same way Iran needs the US to grow it's economy.

Please read and do proper research before spewing false information on a public forum.

USA didn't give Iran money. The Obama administration only returned the Iran government money that was frozen by the USA government as part of nuclear compliance deal. The money was never owned by the USA.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Dybala11(m): 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:

But you've easily forgotten how a small guerilla group in Lebanon chewed the entire Israeli military like kolanut around 2006. They began to beg for mercy and solicit divine help from the USA . An Iranian commander told them whatsup several months ago abd they started panicking. Forget about what your pastors and the Bible brainwashed you with, be factual.
Are you sure you read through the article you cited or just decided to use it cos the title suited your argument, help send the link though if you still have it. I read through the 2006 Lebanon war on Wikipedia few minutes ago, the Israelis have been occupying southern Lebanon for more than 15years
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Dybala11(m): 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
Vicyace:

Please read and do proper research before spewing false information on a public forum.

USA didn't give Iran money. The Obama administration only returned the Iran government money that was frozen by the USA government as part of nuclear compliance deal. The money was never owned by the USA.

Very true
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Sprumbaba: 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
Blindersoff:
After WWII, IRAN is the only country in the world that has struck US military bases and US could not respond. Lmao in Trumptinton

Get your Brain in order. That is not US base. It is Iraqi base housing US troops.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Dybala11(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:

But then you advocated that theirs is superior to the US, or what are you insinuating?
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Seunaj05(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
Truth370:

You made no sense. America, China, Russia and other world powers spending billions on weapons love War abi ? If you don't want to be an Asslicker or a puppet improve your Arsenal. Imagine sitting in your house a Drone hits you after you've made lots of money you just loose everything in a split second. But advanced countries can detect a drone or intercept it, that's part of protecting your sovereignty.
You've the shallow mentality of our politicians who just think of Economy and thier pockets and forget having good Arsenal make you stand out.
India and Pakistan have good Arsenal despite their Economy. The mistake Gadaffi and Sadam did was neglecting their Arsenal that's why there were killed like chickens in their land.

If Kim of North Korea Arsenal is not strong America would have invaded him like they did to his dad in the 1950's.

If you want to be respected have a Nuclear weapon. '' If you want peace prepare for War ''
And the sense you have made is that buying weapons of mass destruction is of more importance than improving the livelihood of the citizens? Armory comes after livelihood nigga! America, Russia and China do not have hunger issues in their lands, and FYI India and Pakistan are not capable of being on the offensive unless they want to vanish from the globe, them no dey the league abeg. Developing weapons by Iran is a misplaced priority fueled by blood thirt
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by WarriAproko: 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
I believe American got information about the missiles coming . They evacuated everyone...something not right. Maybe the Iraqi government inform them.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Sprumbaba: 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
TRUSTEDGUY:
The Arrogant US president Trump is becoming a pain in the ass. Is it because he was opportune to rule the world he feels he can override it.

This is why l like Obama he would have handled things differently.

He handled things like a pvssy. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Putin Attends Christmas Service With Families Of Fallen Soldiers (Photos) / RUSSIA Has Vowed To SINK British Warships The Next They Sail Too Close To Crimea / IDF Shows Remains Of Iranian Ballistic Missile That Fell In Dead Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.