Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation (36658 Views)

Chinese Embassy Responds To Claims Moscow Asked For Military Assistance / How The US And Iran Became Adversaries - A Brief History (Photos) / EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Blindersoff: 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
K00da:

USA strike Iran in their capital and claimed lives, Iran decided to strike their neighbor Iraq.

Applause for Iran, they really powerful grin grin grin

USA struck Iraq and not Iran. Soleimani was in Iraq when he was struck and not Iran. Do you see how ignorant you just made you and your post look?
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Befii: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
Dnt be obsessed with American military might. Iran won the game. Iran is the only country to have launched missiles on US bases since world war II, and US couldn't do a thing. Don't have u brain!
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Befii: 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
Many of them have no idea of Iranian military capability. Iran is the only country since world war II that has the gut to launch missile on US bases. That shows that US military is clearly in decline.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
joyandfaith:

UN brokered peace and both parties agreed for ceasefire. there are more human casualties on Lebanon/ Hezbollah side than israel however israel suffered more economically.
no nation is ready for war now. both iran and us are playing game.
Still avoiding the fact that UN,US,Isreal all agreed that Isreal lost the war.Isreal entered southern Lebanon with the intention to clear all Hezbollah position, there were driven out.Hezbollah were able to close the whole of northern Isreal for months,people were sleeping in bunkers.Same Isreal that were bragging that they will never negotiate with a terrorist,were force to negotiate at the end end release the 3000 Lebanese prisoners that they were holding for years.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Bondinus(m): 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
Malcolm123:

he will always call off strike ..because of the Arabs .....wat do you think will happen to Dubai and Riyadh or doha if usa attack carelessly ....and if USA is unable to protect Dem ...why will dey allow USA base in their territory ...war is more complex than just firing bombs

immediately the war start be rest assure say all refinery in the middle East will be on fire including Iran oil well and refineries also

immediately Europe will face shortages which will cripple their transportation....you need to read wide wat cause global recession in the 70s
Chai, who told you?
He can do a precise strike on any one or anybody.
I don't think you watched the drone strike on the general
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
Blindersoff:

USA struck Iraq and not Iran. Soleimani was in Iraq when he was struck and not Iran. Do you see how ignorant you just made you and your post look?

Pardon my mistake for Iran n Iraq. My point is if Iran is as offensive as u have propose why strike neighboring Iraq? Why not Strike US on their soil or kill any of their citizens n c if USA will not disconnect them permanently
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Malcolm123: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
Bondinus:
Chai, who told you? He can do a precise strike on any one or anybody. I don't think you watched the drone strike on the general
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Malcolm123: 3:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
Bondinus:

Chai, who told you?
He can do a precise strike on any one or anybody.
I don't think you watched the drone strike on the general

I doubt it ...drone is the easiest things a good air defence can shoot down ....na because Iraq no get beta air defence

why do you think Iran was able to shot USA drone some months back
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Blindersoff: 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
K00da:

Pardon my mistake for Iran n Iraq. My point is if Iran is as offensive as u have propose why strike neighboring Iraq? Why not Strike US on their soil or kill any of their citizens n c if USA will not disconnect them permanently

I never said iraq was very offensive afterall none of their missiles can hit USA but they can hit any and every US base in the middle east. This is why they cannot hit USA on their soil right now

I am sure you were also ignorant of this other glaring fact.

1 Like

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by CSTR2: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
According to Putin, only the United States and Russia have an early warning system.
Not even NATO has it.

China is still trying to build theirs with Russia's help.

Early warning systems must be very sophisticated technology.

It detected a missile being launched in Iran all the way from Mississippi.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Randy100: 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Blindersoff:

You clearly lack knowledge in what commerce entails. You do not make a simple situation worse and discourage the other party and still claim you are in any position of strenght to negotiate anything.

1) trump backed out of the nuclear deal Obama and the UN engaged Iran in

2) He then attacked an irani top official on iraqi soil and also killed 3 iraqi top officials in the same attack as they were also in the vehicles Soleimani was in

3) Iran now enraged tears up the nuclear deal and refuses to abide by it any longer

Lesson you need to learn. USA has lost all leverage they thought they had before because Trump dumped the nuclear deal first and backed off without consulting the UN or even Iran. Iran is now the one who has leverage because they never broke the deal and stayed faithful which all other UN nations have confirmed.

UN and America have now effectively given Iran leverage no thanks to Trump
Us maintained that Iran won't produce nuclear weapon. This time nobody is going to pay them.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Clazzone(m): 4:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
YolobaMuslim:

Yes, my fellow Yoloba moozlem.
After killing Iranian general like a stray rat, they could only attack an empty building after begging the American occupants to evacuate and waited for hours to make sure no one is in the facility.

Check it bro, from your comments are we Yoloba moozlems not inheritably stupid?
And who told you it was an empty building that was attacked, you still fall for the tricks of Trump.
So many things you don't understand about US.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Bondinus(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
Malcolm123:

I doubt it ...drone is the easiest things a good air defence can shot down ....na because Iraq no get beta air defence

why do you think Iran was able to shot USA air defence some months back
Wow, am speechless with this. Thanks am done here.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
Blindersoff:

I never said iraq was very offensive afterall none of their missiles can hit USA but they can hit any and every US base in the middle east. This is why they cannot hit USA on their soil right now

I am sure you were also ignorant of this other glaring fact.

I said Iran not Iraq

Stop hiding under the umbrella of ignorance. Did u think US military base in other countries comprise of only USA military personnels.

U are just avoiding the truth. Attacking another country just because USA attack you is a very callous act which reduces any country reputation.

If their missile cannot reach US soil that's their problem. Both parties better start targeting each other an leave poor neighbours alone especially Iran who is lunching dozens of missiles into neighbouring country.

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by francisisking: 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
Seunaj05:
This fight is already finished nau. Its Trump vs Iran vs Democrats 2:0 in favour of the Potus!
Well, I knew that Iran would make mouth to protect it's ego and then stage a downplayed/watered retaliatory attack.
I bet you that no country wants to go to war with the United States, not even Russia (And if not Russia then it can never be anyone else) As for China, China would rather keep doing its bussiness than participate in any war at all. In any war involving the United States, China will always be in the middle because it needs the United States to grow its economy more than the whole of the rest of the world, the same way Iran needs the US to grow it's economy.
I lost sympathy for the Iranians when I heard that the Obama administration gave Iran 150 Billion dollar! earlier ceased and an additional 1.8 billion dollars in cash as part of the peace deal initiated by the United States. Guess what, instead of Iran to judiciously use this money to grow its economy and provide livelihood for it's people, they went and use the money to buy armouries and weapons of mass destruction when their citizens are hungry! This singular act makes it clear that Iran values conflicts more than human lifes and livelihood.
Did we hear trump mentioned in his speech that Iranians chanted death to America the same day they recieved billions of dollars from America? I think that if they were not going to say thank you America, then they should have rejected the fund in all humility. In my own opinion, America did try it's best to be diplomatic before unleashing its capability on Iran. I don't know why the world's diplomatic minds are trying to hit hard on Trump for sending a strong message to the people who have refused to accept an hand of friendship and would not stop launching offensive attacks on America and Americans. Dude is only doing his job fearlessly unlike an Obama.
Let's be frank, Iran do not understand negotiations and diplomacy, the language they understood of course is WAR! My prayer is that may any country such as Iran never become the world power, otherwise the whole world will be soaked in blood.
nonsense
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Malcolm123: 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Bondinus:

Wow, am speechless with this. Thanks am done here.

beta ....you need to read more..there ar alot of air defence battery in the world
s-300,s_400,thaad,Patriot,arrow,iron dome,
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Malcolm123: 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
CSTR2:
According to Putin, only the United States and Russia have an early warning system.
Not even NATO has it.

China is still trying to build theirs with Russia's help.

Early warning systems must be very sophisticated technology.

It detected a missile being launched in Iran all the way from Mississippi.

alot of ignorant ppl on dis thread ...am sure you don't know want early warning system means

ability for your radar to detect enemy attack B4 it get to u .....if Oda countries don't have it how is their air defence now working ...u think say na until Dem use eye see missile coming B4 Dem block am ......
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Malcolm123: 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Randy100:
Us maintained that Iran won't produce nuclear weapon. This time nobody is going to pay them.

do you think dey na money dey stop dem .....dey already have all wat dey need ...na just international community dat is preventing Dem ....e.g for u to use uranuim for electricity u need 3_10 % enrichment..
buh to produce weapon grade uranium u need 90% enrichment
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by tammie24: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=YolobaMuslim post=85643360]
Yes, my fellow Yoloba moozlem.
After killing Iranian general like a stray rat, they could only attack an empty building after begging the American occupants to evacuate and waited for hours to make sure no one is in the facility.

Check it bro, from your comments are we Yoloba moozlems not inheritably stupid? [/quoite]

grin I'm Yoruba but I just had to laugh at this comments

May God give my people sense

1 Like

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Blindersoff: 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
Randy100:

Lmao nobody paid them the last time. It was their money that was refunded them. Money that was on hold initially.

Check the latest front page thread from me and see for yourself

1 Like

Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by timesup234: 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:
They know what Iran is capable of and the surprises up their sleeves. A country that deceived the whole world some years back about stopping their nuclear program. A nuclear program they started in the 1950s and you think they would just abandon it thats if they've not developed weapons of mass destruction yet. I only pity two countries if this situation should escalate. Iraq whose soil will no doubt be turned into the battle ground and that tiny, weak and cry baby country called Israel that relies so much on military support from the us , Europe and all her other allies. Israel would have been a long forgotten country all these decade if not for their sugar daddies in the west that always come to their aid whenever they're in trouble..
sense full your head
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by middlebelter(m): 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
Blindersoff:
After WWII, IRAN is the only country in the world that has struck US military bases and US could not respond. Lmao in Trumptinton

You must realise that war is 'no film show' oga. If a country killed your number two citizen and all you can do it to fire missiles to empty military bases as a "slap" you don't expect Donald to continue killing them . That tenant in White House is seriously looking for someone he will use as his presidential campaign point and It won't be wise for Iran to make further attempt to provoke him fa.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by AZeD1(m): 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
Timekeeper:

Must a country pay another country for peace to be in this world... Must Obama pay them
Point of correction
Obama did not pay Iran, he returned the Iranian money that was seized.

You cannot say the Swiss are paying Nigeria everytime Abacha's loot is returned.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Bondinus(m): 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
Malcolm123:

beta ....you need to read more..there ar alot of air defence battery in the world
s-300,s_400,thaad,Patriot,arrow,iron dome,
Yeah, keep talking...
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by dederocs(m): 4:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
Blindersoff:
Well it looks like Trump was all noise and no action afterall grin grin

Now he wants to negotiate peace
I think Trump achieved his aims, US only suffered minimal damages to bases, but they took out a strategic foe...this does not stop US from targeting more Iranian officials and proxies, I think it makes sense to talk, since escalation will destroy Iraq that America has been trying to guard from terrorists.

War is expensive and hard to stop, it's madness to engage in war for fun or just for ego, most wars are fought out of necessity. Millions will die and lots of resources will be lost. Think.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Malcolm123: 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
Bondinus:
Yeah, keep talking...

lol.....IPOB always don't want to face reality ...Google is their enemy ....
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by CSTR2: 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
Malcolm123:

alot of ignorant ppl on dis thread ...am sure you don't know want early warning system means

ability for your radar to detect enemy attack B4 it get to u .....if Oda countries don't have it how is their air defence now working ...u think say na until Dem use eye see missile coming B4 Dem block am ......
Clown

Early warning systems are different from surface to air missile defense systems.
Early warning systems are not missiles. They are alarms.

And EWS can work thousands of miles from where the missile is being fired unlike defense systems that wait for the missile to get in range.
It was developed for nuclear protection for US and Russia.

It is no child's play.

Olodo rabata.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by rengsho: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:
They know what Iran is capable of and the surprises up their sleeves. A country that deceived the whole world some years back about stopping their nuclear program. A nuclear program they started in the 1950s and you think they would just abandon it thats if they've not developed weapons of mass destruction yet. I only pity two countries if this situation should escalate. Iraq whose soil will no doubt be turned into the battle ground and that tiny, weak and cry baby country called Israel that relies so much on military support from the us , Europe and all her other allies. Israel would have been a long forgotten country all these decade if not for their sugar daddies in the west that always come to their aid whenever they're in trouble..

Why are u pained becooz Trump killed the stupid Islamic terrorist General.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Randy100: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
Blindersoff:

Lmao nobody paid them the last time. It was their money that was refunded them. Money that was on hold initially.

Check the latest front page thread from me and see for yourself
So france and other NATO country was paying them their money too.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Malcolm123: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
AZeD1:

Point of correction
Obama did not pay Iran, he returned the Iranian money that was seized.

You cannot say the Swiss are paying Nigeria everytime Abacha's loot is returned.

alot of ignorant ppl on NL...most esp...IPOB ...
and if you tell Dem d truth dem go reject am ....
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by Randy100: 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
Malcolm123:

do you think dey na money dey stop dem .....dey already have all wat dey need ...na just international community dat is preventing Dem ....e.g for u to use uranuim for electricity u need 3_10 % enrichment..
buh to produce weapon grade uranium u need 90% enrichment
Not in Us watch. They will not be allowed to produce nuclear weapon.
Re: At UN, US And Iran Invoke 'self-defense' For Military Confrontation by rengsho: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
Blindersoff:
After WWII, IRAN is the only country in the world that has struck US military bases and US could not respond. Lmao in Trumptinton

Trump didn't say strike and empty military base . . . He said if one American die again . . . "We will hear you fast and strong"

Iran just trying to cover their shame sent missiles to an empty base.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Philippines: Taal Volcano Spews Lava, Sends Ash Clouds Into Sky / Putin Attends Christmas Service With Families Of Fallen Soldiers (Photos) / IDF Shows Remains Of Iranian Ballistic Missile That Fell In Dead Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.