Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People (53994 Views)

Are Introverts Born Or Made? / 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing / Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by yuskel(m): 11:39pm On Jan 11, 2020
kiss
Fountainofyouth:
I have no other social media presence except here, lots of sleep pretence, two is a crowd for me, when I'm in a gathering of more than two(me and someone else) and everyone is focused on me when I talk or about to talk, I panic and start to stutter, or I pretend to have forgotten what I was about to say, when I'm less busy for hours for a whole day, I lock myself in my room and make no sound throughout, one time, everyone thought I was dead, a friend once asked if I am a ghost cos I behave like one, lol.

Ghost Mode! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Ferdinandu(m): 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2020
lilyheaven:
My husband comes in late and leave very early the next day, I will just close my eyes pretending sleep, he will just say ( mummy, I'm back and I know you are not sleeping).
I always sit at the back seat in church, once I give my offering, I will disappear, can't stay still church is over, because I don't want anyone coming to greet me.
Recently I have stopped going to church because my two years old son won't sit at a place, I'm always running around trying to control him. I better sit at home.
I just received a message from my Rev. Reminding me that tomorrow, I should try come to church.
Obviously your 2yrs old is an angel sent to cure you of your ailments but you are still rejecting your drugs gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by MRLANNISTER(m): 12:23am On Jan 12, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

I don't try to get your attention, I quote any comment I feel like regardless of whose moniker it is, unlike you,

You live for ignoring me, lol, sounds like you are always conscious of my comments, like its permanently in your mind and head to always look out for fountain of youth and ignore, it sounds more like you think about me every day, who is obsessed now cheesy

Pretty sure you're getting a hard on cos of my kind of introversion right? You are enjoying the way you gloat, ride on wink

You too find this guy trouble. Your mata don tire am self.
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by COOL10(m): 1:32am On Jan 12, 2020
Mine is quite serious. It's either I'm extremely quiet or talking too much just to avoid that awkward silence in the midst of people. Finding that balance can be quite a struggle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by seun9303: 2:28am On Jan 12, 2020
I DON'T just like CROWD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Dybala11(m): 3:00am On Jan 12, 2020
Simran94:

Same with me but people around me don’t understand, they usually think I’m proud and acting all high and mighty whereas I’m just trying to be alone.
So sad, I had to force myself into trying to belong cos of my mum, she has similar opinion about me. Well I just try to move with people I have at least a common ground or hobby -be it reading, watching football, sharing knowledge about various fields et cetera
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Dybala11(m): 3:07am On Jan 12, 2020
Aladdin1:
am an introvert but most of those thing i read up there sounds a bit crazy to me.i only can not address crowd in public. especially when am called to do so impromtu.i would panic and my heart beat fast fast but i dont avoid people much. but i am not a crowd person persay but i wouldnt do most of those thing that people did to avoid people.
A family friend has refused to forgive my absence at her wedding years ago. I was actually wary of meeting so many people, that I had to give one silly excuse I can't remember. Of course, my mom was annoyed with me, but I was an undergraduate then, so I have the freedom and choice to some extent.
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Dybala11(m): 3:10am On Jan 12, 2020
Offpoint:

I always knew you lack love in your life hence your bizzare behavior here.

Now I know all this keyboard warriors here are......
let me stop.

Go out and socialize and stop venting your introvertic frustrations on nairaland guys
That's too harsh a reply, don't you think?
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by UnknownQueen(f): 4:18am On Jan 12, 2020
sassysure:

They are not people shy at all so they can mingle and the best strategists out there so how to make money isn't in the equation.
Former governor of anambra state, Mr Peter obi as an introvert and he is a billionnaire. Dangote is one, some silent billionaires , Bill gate, Prince Charles, Mark, Warren Buffett name them.
They all have one common feature, they talk when the occasion requires it or mingle with the public but they rather love to be left alone to live in their world. Fancy cars, fashions etc, nothing to gossip about them actually.

Some people here are mixing being an introvert and social anxiety disorder together. From what I have read so far, majority have social anxiety disorder and they don't know it.

OH.... thanks for the clarification oo my friend... I knew the features so many of them display aren't that of an introvert but of something else whc u just explained.....

How can u say u have only 8 contacts and u only talk to 2 of them.... and so many absurd stuffs these guys put up there, I feel its just not normal
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Eynosaintval(m): 5:44am On Jan 12, 2020
Come, Crackhaus and Fountainofyouth, two of you should express your feelings boldly to each other but privately. I thought you guys claimed to be introverts? Pls mek una introvert these una chyking abeg...
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Eynosaintval(m): 5:45am On Jan 12, 2020
Come, Crackhaus and Fountainofyouth, two of you should express your feelings boldly to each other but privately. I thought you guys claimed to be introverts? Pls mek una introvert these una chyking abeg...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Offpoint: 7:11am On Jan 12, 2020
Dybala11:

That's too harsh a reply, don't you think?
Perhaps you don't know who she is...
This is a child play compare to what she has been dishing out to guys here.
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by kunleweb: 8:32am On Jan 12, 2020
AquariusRising:

I agree with you that a person's birth date points at introversion or extroversion. I however need to clarify that the last 4 months of the year are distributed between the 4 elements and only 2 of those elements, if they are In the right place will produce an introvert...

I agree 100% wink
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by MajorWarren: 8:49am On Jan 12, 2020
kunleweb:

I agree 100% wink

Astrology warriors unite
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by MajorWarren: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2020
Lol I’m an introvert but what most of you guys are saying in here sounds a bit like extreme social anxiety. I guess that’s also part of being an introvert but still...

1 Like

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by kingimmade: 9:15am On Jan 12, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
I have no other social media presence except here, lots of sleep pretence, two is a crowd for me, when I'm in a gathering of more than two(me and someone else) and everyone is focused on me when I talk or about to talk, I panic and start to stutter, or I pretend to have forgotten what I was about to say, when I'm less busy for hours for a whole day, I lock myself in my room and make no sound throughout...

true of me esp the bolded
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Bahddo(m): 9:32am On Jan 12, 2020
MajorWarren:
Lol I’m an introvert but what most of you guys are saying in here sounds a bit like extreme social anxiety. I guess that’s also part of being an introvert but still...
it's not part of being an introvert. Many people do not understand what introversion means and think it has to do with being reserved or shy.

While introverts are more prone to suffering from social anxiety, even extroverts suffer from it.
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by MajorWarren: 9:40am On Jan 12, 2020
Bahddo:
it's not part of being an introvert. Many people do not understand what introversion means and think it has to do with being reserved or shy.

While introverts are more prone to suffering from social anxiety, even extroverts suffer from it.

Yea I wasn’t sure tbh that’s why I put I guess. Like I’m introverted but Half the people on this thread have something else.
Cos even I had social anxiety at some point in my younger day.
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by firestar(f): 11:36am On Jan 12, 2020
Huh.

This na real WA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by obentenyson(m): 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

I was on my own o and you quote me, I replied you now I'm embarrassing myself? Who is trying really hard here, me or you?

Self denial is allowed, after all, no one here can confirm whether it's true or not grin you brought up love here, not me.

By the way, what friend are you on about? I don't recall having a friend here, and what message is that?
. this is one of the reasons why I am an introvert. to avoid unnecessary talks like that dude quoting you... that guy get issue... on boxing day, my aunts, cousins n parent all thought I wasn't in the house when they kept calling my name n not getting reply.. not knowing I was inside my room, locked my self up busy playing FIFA on my phone so as to avoid this small talks from people that mostly I can't even remember ( most of them saw me last when u was a kid)... when I came out side later in the evening, I was like, I went to watch football. my dad was like, so n so have being looking for you... as if I didn't know. the thing wey just pain me be say them done finish all the food for kitchen. I wan cry that day...
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Albertone(m): 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
ayobamiJR:

You actually can, They will come to you. I live comfortably, I won't lie.

I am a very creative and addicted aspiring script writer.
Then that'll be online right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Thunday1005(m): 2:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
Act as if am sleeping also am always with my Bluetooth doing as if am listening to some music

1 Like

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by King44(m): 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

When we are always at opposite end, why will I be obsessed with you? Give me one good reason?
later na u go hear two nairalanders got married to each na so e dey start o, make I japa go dey nurture my wounds

1 Like

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by King44(m): 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

I don't try to get your attention, I quote any comment I feel like regardless of whose moniker it is, unlike you,

You live for ignoring me, lol, sounds like you are always conscious of my comments, like its permanently in your mind and head to always look out for fountain of youth and ignore, it sounds more like you think about me every day, who is obsessed now cheesy

Pretty sure you're getting a hard on cos of my kind of introversion right? You are enjoying the way you gloat, ride on wink
make I put mouth for satin no concern me... Watin musa no go see for gate
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by King44(m): 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
ayobamiJR:
I am Yoruba... Yoruba greet a lot but I live like I'm not even one...sometimes I don't even know the right answer to greetings.

Some one would say "Aku Odun" and I'm just clueless.

I avoid all forms of greetings.

I upload pics on social media, the next moment, I take it down.

I don't have friends, not at all. I bought everything I'd ever need to not get bored in my room

PS3

ACER INSPIRON TABLET

32 INCHES TV

JBL SPEAKER

WEED

The only people I'm comfortable with in life is babies. I'd adopt one if I can't marry soon.

I'm really scared of wedding. I don't like attention.

I become unnecessarily shy around people sometimes, I can stay in doors for weeks, in as much as I like the life of an extrovert still finding it difficult to catch up but I am adjusting better, I am at my best when alone

Wedding I still don't have a clue how to face the crowd... I am suggesting I must be on booze that day
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by OmayieHenry(m): 3:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
ayobamiJR:
I am Yoruba... Yoruba greet a lot but I live like I'm not even one...sometimes I don't even know the right answer to greetings.

Some one would say "Aku Odun" and I'm just clueless.

I avoid all forms of greetings.

I upload pics on social media, the next moment, I take it down.

I don't have friends, not at all. I bought everything I'd ever need to not get bored in my room

PS3

ACER INSPIRON TABLET

32 INCHES TV

JBL SPEAKER

WEED
[img]
The only people I'm comfortable with in life is babies. I'd adopt one if I can't marry soon.
[/img]
I'm really scared of wedding. I don't like attention.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Lol
You will continue to be adopting until your house turns into a small village. Because they must grow to become adults which you are not always comfortable around. My humble advice for you is to buy a baby doll which doesn't grow and add it to your collections
PS3

ACER INSPIRON TABLET

32 INCHES TV

JBL SPEAKER

WEED and you will be comfortable with forever grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by King44(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
saaron:
Solitary lifestyle is bliss, that's why introverted girls are my only option for marriage.
I can't stand ladies who talk endlessly from morning to evening.
I am much of an introvert I would prefer an extrovert but not the talkative cos I easily loose interest in unnecessary talk so I snub most times

1 Like

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by chiefolododo(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
OmayieHenry:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Lol
You will continue to be adopting until your house turns into a small village. Because they must grow to become adults which you are not always comfortable around. My humble advice for you is to buy a baby doll which doesn't grow and add it to your collections
PS3

ACER INSPIRON TABLET

32 INCHES TV

JBL SPEAKER

WEED and you will be comfortable with forever grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Lizzydonnah(f): 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Staying indoor most of the time
Not responding to greetings and sometimes snubing people which makes them think I am rude.

Sometimes I hate being introverted

1 Like

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by peakgal(f): 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
We are wonderful made

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by dadarasak(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
I can relate. I avoid calls like plague.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Kintomadit(m): 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
I hate staying indoor but I find it really difficult to make friends. People think I’m a snub I really wish I can stop this shyness

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Newly Wedded Wife / Wife Writes 'Borrow' Whenever She Sends Her Husband Money / My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.