Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Are Introverts Born Or Made? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Introverts Born Or Made? (22825 Views)

If You Are To Choose: To Be Born Or Not To Be Born, Which Would You Choose? / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People / Are Introverts Shy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 9:07pm On May 29, 2022
Let's discuss. I want to find out something.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 9:09pm On May 29, 2022
Like for born.

Share for made.

377 Likes 82 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Nosayer: 9:15pm On May 29, 2022
Both are possible.

Introversion can be learned or unlearned. Personally, I think the Myer-Briggs personality types make sense here. Your type of personality determines whether you'd be introverted or not.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 9:16pm On May 29, 2022
Nosayer:
Both are possible.

Introversion can be learned or unlearned. Personally, I think the Myer-Briggs personality types make sense here. Your type of personality determines whether you'd be introverted or not.

You have not said anything. Daddy freeze. Born or made? Choose. Don't stay in the middle.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by care4you: 9:34pm On May 29, 2022
They are born

But lack of money has turned some people to introvert

307 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by arthurwillia(m): 9:52pm On May 29, 2022
I’m an introvert by situation

I want to go out but then It’s well oo

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 9:52pm On May 29, 2022
Where is lalasticlala?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Qinglong(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2022
Good question. I have a very early memory of my childhood, when I was in KG 2. Throughout the first day, I didn't talk to anyone or play with anyone. I've also had short-sightedness since I was little and I couldn't see the writings on the board, but I didn't tell anyone — including the teacher. I was just mute throughout the day and slept off at some point. A neighbor of mine later came to pick me up and told the teacher that I was always quiet like that.

All through my school years and now during my service, it's been the same o. So I guess I would say I was born introverted. There's definitely many people that become introverted due to certain situations or circumstances, though.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by InfinityFabric: 10:54pm On May 29, 2022
Who cares, no one likes them anyways - until they're needed.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 11:59pm On May 29, 2022
Lalasticlala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Nobody: 12:10am On May 30, 2022
ashewoboy:
Lalasticlala.
Both...

Genetics: some people are predisposed to being introverts... They inherit this trait from their parents or grandparents...

And introverts are 'made' too... In the sense that a person can become introverted due to his/her environment... For example. A child who's bullied may grow up to become a reserved adult... Children who stammer too... Children who lacked attention or grew up with no playmates... Etc...

Get it?

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Jmichael1(m): 1:14am On May 30, 2022
I'm an introvert only wen am broke....
even grave yard no quite reach me wen i'm cashless...

56 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Bluezy13(m): 5:39am On May 30, 2022
Nosayer:
Both are possible.

How can a type of personality determine whether one is introverted or not, when Introvert is a personality itself

Why would you mention Myer-Briggs personality from nowhere without defining, expressing or introducing it

Like someone said, you ended up saying nothing.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Blupen(m): 5:58am On May 30, 2022
InfinityFabric:
sad truth

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Blupen(m): 6:01am On May 30, 2022
BoredBerry:
Both...

Genetics: some people are predisposed to being introverts... They inherit this trait from their parents or grandparents...

And introverts are 'made' too... In the sense that a person can become introverted due to his/her environment... For example. A child who's bullied may grow up to become a reserved adult... Children who stammer too... Children who lacked attention or grew up with no playmates... Etc...

Get it?
some Short people too

3 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Realiskit(m): 6:08am On May 30, 2022
. Shame on you. A day will come when the so called hated people would be your only hope of making it in life.
InfinityFabric:

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by InfinityFabric: 6:35am On May 30, 2022
Realiskit:
. Shame on you. A day will come when the so called hated people would be your only hope of making it in life.
You don goof mate.
You definitely are not a an introvert nor can you properly think, because if you ever were you'd understand my statement.

11 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by InfinityFabric: 6:36am On May 30, 2022
Blupen:
sad truth
Someone who understands.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Oblivionz5(m): 7:57am On May 30, 2022
care4you:
They are born

But lack of money has turned some people to introvert

I think you’re right

5 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Orgasmgiver123(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2022
Both are possible

I remember when i was younger, i didn’t enjoy visiting people nor being in large gatherings. A birthday party was thrown for my younger sister, I couldn’t stay outside for more than 20mins, I even almost missed the family picture, my dad had to threaten me to come out.

When i finished my secondary education, i made new friends and become extremely loud, went to late night parties, mixed with different people. I became more alive, my mum was very happy about the new me ( except the partying part )

When we left the barracks for our house, it was a new site then, no one to talk to, except my younger siblings and they were still in secondary school, my elder sister was in uni, so I stayed home from morning till 6pm alone.
everything became boring again and I returned to the old me. Up till today, i find it very unnecessary to talk on phone, I’ll rather chat, i don’t enjoy visiting people or being visited, i can be with you for hours and not say anything. Throughout my tertiary life, i had only two friends, apart from this guys, no other person can claim they’ve heard me say more than 5 sentences. Forget all the rain boot kicking and all. In real life I’m too quiet, even for my own liking. Nairalanders who have met me can testify.

So, it is possible for an introvert to be born or made. It can be inherited and situations can force one to be an introvert. Situations like mouth odour, bad diction, low self esteem, pride etc

One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn... nasty... I’m out of here

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Nosayer: 8:47am On May 30, 2022
Bluezy13:

How can a type of personality determine whether one is introverted or not, when Introvert is a personality itself

Why would you mention Myer-Briggs personality from nowhere without defining, expressing or introducing it

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Nosayer: 8:54am On May 30, 2022
Bluezy13:

I'd have appreciated it if you'd brought up a point to converse on rather than try to grab the air by attacking the post instead of probing or making a point.

You want to know about the Myer-Briggs? Well, it is a personality classification based on people's propensity to be active in an area or not. It involves things like affirmativeness, conscientiousness, thinking styles and so on.

I said introversion can be learned because some situations forces people to either stay indoor or outdoors. So the think they have a particular personality type. However, when the situation changes and their behavioural propensity changes, they unlearn introversion.

True introversion is the one linked with the Myer-Briggs personality and that's why I mentioned it. It's possible for someone to claim introversion while he/she does not engage in mindful thinking, sense of perception, judgement etc known for popular introverts IFNJs like Ghandi and Plato.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Uniquetani1(f): 8:59am On May 30, 2022
Born ke
Environment made one into an introvert and extrovert

4 Likes

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Bluezy13(m): 9:43am On May 30, 2022
Nosayer:

I'd have appreciated it if you'd brought up a point to converse on rather than try to grab the air by attacking the post instead of probing or making a point.

You want to know about the Myer-Briggs? Well, it is a personality classification based on people's propensity to be active in an area or not. It involves things like affirmativeness, conscientiousness, thinking styles and so on.

I said introversion can be learned because some situations forces people to either stay indoor or outdoors. So the think they have a particular personality type. However, when the situation changes and their behavioural propensity changes, they unlearn introversion.

True introversion is the one linked with the Myer-Briggs personality and that's why I mentioned it. It's possible for someone to claim introversion while he/she does not engage in mindful thinking, sense of perception, judgement etc known for popular introverts IFNJs like Ghandi and Plato.

I know of Myer-Briggs classification of personalities, I did not need your explanation. If I am to cling unto your explanation of Myer-Brigg's, then it will counter Sperry's classification of personalities as well. But let's not go into that.
My emphasis is that it is somewhat barbaric and detrimental to communication if one should introduce a formal name without explaining it and relating it to a bone of contention respectively.

Just like a child asking you why a lung she spotted on a paper appeared as if it was dark and rusty or gray like charcoal, you replied that it is pseudomonoultramicrosopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. And you stopped there.
In your mind now, the child should do a research or you are trying to appear learned.
Something you should explain in the layman's light or explain it simply after introducing it.

It you think I'm blabbing; ask the OP if he understood what Myer-Briggs classification is or if actually you answered his question. A message not understood is as good as not passing any message at all.

Also, I maintain that introvert is a personality. You opined that one's type of personality determines whether one is introverted or not.
Now, if introvert is a personality itself, then by your opinion, it as just like saying; One's type of personality determines whether one is a personality or the other...
This...my friend, is tautology. It is a contextual error.
Take a careful rational review of your initial comments and you will figure out my point.

BTW, the classification of personalities into Introverts and Extroverts and... somehow Ambiverts was not originally introduced by Myer-Briggs. Myer-Briggs only expanded the two (or three) classifications in an attempt to fill in the loopholes apparently accumulated.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Nosayer: 9:46am On May 30, 2022
Bluezy13:

I know of Myer-Briggs classification of personalities, I did not need your explanation. If I am to cling unto your explanation of Myer-Brigg's, then it will counter Sperry's classification of personalities as well. But let's not go into that.
My emphasis is that it is somewhat barbaric and detrimental to communication if one should introduce a formal name without explaining it and relating it to a bone of contention respectively.

Just like a child asking you why a lung she spotted on a paper appeared as if it was dark and rusty or gray like charcoal, you replied that it is pseudomonoultramicrosopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. And you stopped there.
In your mind now, the child should do a research or you are trying to appear learned.
Something you should explain in the layman's light or explain it simply after introducing it.

It you think I'm blabbing; ask the OP if he understood what Myer-Briggs classification is or if actually you answered his question. A message not understood is as good as not passing any message at all.

Also, I maintain that introvert is a personality. You opined that one's type of personality determines whether one is introverted or not.
Now, if introvert is a personality itself, then by your opinion, it as just like saying; One's type of personality determines whether one is a personality or the other...
This...my friend, is tautology. It is a contextual error.
Take a careful rational review of your initial comments and you will figure out my point.

BTW, the classification of personalities into Introverts and Extroverts and... somehow Ambiverts was not originally introduced by Myer-Briggs. Myer-Briggs only expanded the two (or three) classifications in an attempt to fill in the loopholes apparently visible.

Okay....I can go now. Thank you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Bluezy13(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2022
Uniquetani1:
Born ke
Environment made one into an introvert and extrovert

I was born into a very extroverted society. Everybody around me... Siblings, family, friends etc were extroverts. I remain(ed) an introvert.
That personality is a function of both nature and society.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by Bluezy13(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2022
Nosayer:

Okay....I can go now. Thank you.

You're welcome.
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 9:02pm On May 30, 2022
Where is lalasticlala?
Re: Are Introverts Born Or Made? by ashewoboy(m): 9:02pm On May 30, 2022
Let's go to front page. Mr. Lalasticlala.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Women, DNA Testing Is Not A Home Breaker: It Can Vindicate You (opinion) / As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.