Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,807 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People (53919 Views)

Are Introverts Born Or Made? / 6 Reasons You Should Avoid People Pleasing / Extreme Introverts, How Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Albertone(m): 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2020
ayobamiJR:
I am Yoruba... Yoruba greet a lot but I live like I'm not even one...sometimes I don't even know the right answer to greetings.

Some one would say "Aku Odun" and I'm just clueless.

I avoid all forms of greetings.

I upload pics on social media, the next moment, I take it down.

I don't have friends, not at all. I bought everything I'd ever need to not get bored in my room

PS3

ACER INSPIRON TABLET

32 INCHES TV

JBL SPEAKER

WEED

The only people I'm comfortable with in life is babies. I'd adopt one if I can't marry soon.

I'm really scared of wedding. I don't like attention.

I can relate because mine is chronic.

But,according to people,one needs to build a good network of people around.To help with job placement,to get clients(if business oriented).

My fear is,that is the truth.How do one get successful without people?

1 Like

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by egopersonified(f): 7:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
Having an inferiority complex and being an introvert are two different things.

5 Likes

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by MNDY(m): 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gsauce:

I'm finding it hard to do this on my fb Lite.

¶ Click on the three short lines on top of each other on the top right end.
¶ Click Setting among the options displayed.
¶ Click Active Status among the Settings displayed and select Active Status Off
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
MNDY:

¶ Click on the three short lines on top of each other on the top right end.
¶ Click Setting among the options displayed.
¶ Click Active Status among the Settings displayed and select Active Status Off

On a mobile device?
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by MNDY(m): 8:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gsauce:

On a mobile device?
Yeah
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Viicfuntop(f): 8:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:

Babe I sipped wine watching the whole flirtation brouhaha. If only wishes came true, I would have wished them both together. cheesy

grin. They probably sent each other a dm. grin
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Bahddo(m): 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
These ridiculous examples do not describe introversion, they are closer to Social Anxiety Disorder. You can be extroverted and still experience social anxiety.

An introvert isn't one who runs away from encountering others, they simply turn inward FIRST to process data. 'Introvert' is not the same as 'shy'. It's not even the same as being reserved.

4 Likes

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by kunleweb: 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
Viicfuntop:

This is sweeter than apple cider. cheesy
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
crackkhaus:

Uyaiincomparabl must see this.

Yes. I saw everything too. Carry on my dear. Nothing do you. wink
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Olubee22(f): 8:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
I have done some of the outlined points. I even got a big headset to avoid people trying to start a conversation with me but I still do not consider myself an introvert, I just detest unnecessary small talks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2020
Viicfuntop:

grin grin
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2020
Liposure:
queen sharon watsup
Queen? Smh
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by funkyjms: 8:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:

It's just two obvious my guy crackhaus and Fountainofyouth are not just in love but madly in love with one another. If the both of them can leave pride alone and do the needful, the expected could occur. But if for a fling, if this two find themselves in a room, I feel very sorry for the foundation of that building, even the walls will not be spared from the exothermic energy their infusion would produce. O ma bad gan grin So crackhaus, Fountainofyouth both of you stop playing hard and do the needful.

cheesy

Jarus:
I have done most of these things to avoid talking to people - faking phone calls, faking sleep, sharp turning to longer routes, putting phone permanently in silence, running away on days of social events in my house etc.

And I’m not sure I’m an introvert,

No, you don change cheesy
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by GODWINGODSON(m): 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
TimiRume:
I used to be this extreme introvert,i was so scared of people and avoided them,including family members, but one night i did something{with the intention to get out of something else} and my life changed. In just 3 minutes of doing what i did,i became confident. Like a miracle only that it wasn't a miracle. I discovered i was really an introvert but i was no longer the fearful type, i can now hold conversations with anyone and speak confidently in public.

That night, i quickly ran to search to see if anyone had this idea i discovered, fortunately for me, not even one person knows this. I think i am the only one in the world who has this knowledge. Even my close family members who are still amazed at my change have no idea. I keep telling people i just outgrew it or did something else just to keep them in the dark.

Lately, i've been thinking of marketing this idea because i am underemployed and need money to do a lot. Or maybe not because i don't even know how to go about it. But one thing is sure, i don't think i will die with it. I will surely spill.

Also, i have little doubt that it may work on another person. I would not want to raise people's hope.

I am just excited that i know something that no one else knows, and that this thing i know can fetch me a lot of money. Its scary sometimes.
Hello, please can u share this idea?
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by kunleweb: 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
funkyjms:

cheesy

No, you don change cheesy

wink
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by WriterX(m): 9:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
my own plenty oh lol

1. i once bolted into the bush to over a girl i felt had eyes on me in my area , was scared to hell.

2.i usually spend .more time in my room or pretend to sleep when family and relatives are around

3. i have blocked alot of people in my whatsap ,i dont do facebook nor rarely ever let my contacts to access my profiles on social media.

4. i stutter alot and take share breaths when talking to a girl.

5. i always have my ear piece on at school to form busy or pretend to be reading when everyone ia chatting.

6. i take the less busy and secluded places and rarelt ever eat outside.

7. i have actually faked not understanding the language of my area claiming i was new there to avoid talk.

8. i have a million and one excuses why not to go parties, brithdays, outings, actually anything.

9.i fake phone calls alot to avoid conversations and to give the idea i converse alot.

but honestly the truth is i realize i enjoy my company alot , i like to sit and think like i am self conscious alot lol .
i dont feel bad about not wanting to be out there honestly all my friends are extroverts and i enjoy their companies when eventually i get to see them.
i am not shy really i just enjoy been alone , am at my best when i am alone , i enjoy myself so to say.

8 Likes

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by AquariusRising: 9:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
kunleweb:
I believe people need to write about being introverted and astrology. If you belong to a sign I believe the chances of introversion would be high. For example I can tell Fountainofyouth that troublesome gal was born around the last four month of the year.... So introversion and personality forming is also directly linked with one's broth sign astrologically too

I agree with you that a person's birth date points at introversion or extroversion. I however need to clarify that the last 4 months of the year are distributed between the 4 elements and only 2 of those elements, if they are In the right place will produce an introvert...
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by cupidhero(m): 10:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
Creamychic:

Reading your post feels like looking in a mirror.
Hey...you good right?
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by hassinho707(m): 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Lol, first off, my emotional and mental health is perfectly fine, the fact that I like being alone doesn't mean I don't interact with people, I don't just like crowd,

I only have negative energy here when a comment or sets of comments is perceived as negative, I don't go about insulting people just for the fun of it,

You've never being hard on me, or I never felt that way, anytime I actually see your usual negative vibe, I smile cos I know you like to poke people just to make them react, especially females,

I have love, will continue to be loved cos I'm lovable, so you can join the queue, of which I know you already love me anyway,

And I know you are an introvert too, you just don't want people to see you a certain way.
I want to marry you
Fountainofyouth:

Lol, first off, my emotional and mental health is perfectly fine, the fact that I like being alone doesn't mean I don't interact with people, I don't just like crowd,

I only have negative energy here when a comment or sets of comments is perceived as negative, I don't go about insulting people just for the fun of it,

You've never being hard on me, or I never felt that way, anytime I actually see your usual negative vibe, I smile cos I know you like to poke people just to make them react, especially females,

I have love, will continue to be loved cos I'm lovable, so you can join the queue, of which I know you already love me anyway,

And I know you are an introvert too, you just don't want people to see you a certain way.
I want to marry you
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by datemax: 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
I am an introvert, i bought and read this awesome book titled " Quiet: the power of introverts in world that can't stop talking." by Susan Cain. You can google it and order it from amazon.com. The book is deeply insightful, and a fascinating read.
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by seuncyrus(m): 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
Petenoir:
With all I have read so far, I can only conclude that most of you need help. You are mentally unstable. Being an introvert shouldn't make you deprived of love. Pls seek help before you die in silence

Honesty this is what i was thinking too, imagine the number of people agreeing to this. Funny enough it's the most troublesome monikers saying all sorts on NL agreeing to this . Most of these guys need their mental health checked wtf
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
Albertone:

But,according to people,one needs to build a good network of people around.To help with job placement,to get clients(if business oriented).

You actually can, They will come to you. I live comfortably, I won't lie.

I am a very creative and addicted aspiring script writer.
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by mrdipye(m): 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
I practice number 11 always, even at homr when i don't wanna join the conversation
Or I fake listening to music with my headset
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by seuncyrus(m): 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
ukaface:
Nawa o
See as everybody for Nl automatically turn introvert.

If those are the characteristics of Introversion,then I ain't an introvert,cos those things are weird fa

I used to think I'm an introvert too , but with the weird things I've seen people post on this thread ...i think I'm not , most people here are just weirdos and funny enough they are mostly the keyboard warriors
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by seuncyrus(m): 10:30pm On Jan 11, 2020
JastSiryin:
All these sound like people who suffer from "social anxiety"... Going to such extremes to avoid people isn't cause of introversion but neurosis.

tartar9:
Many people confuse their social anxiety disorder for introvertedness.
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Reucy(f): 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
Being an introvert can be a blessing and a curse too...my profession requires me to go extrovert but then introversion has eaten deep into me..
I can stay indoors 247..I try to avoid visitors at all cost
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by zoezoelogistics(m): 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
Suzzytee05:
Whenever my in-laws are on visit, l stay in my room most times to avoid small talks.

I also fake phone calls to avoid interacting with people.

Sometimes I avoid checking my WhatsApp messages directly to avoid replying immediately.

Quick fix go this , just turn your read receipt feature off. This way no one would know you have read a message.

Note: you won’t also be able to know whenever anyone has read your message or not. As it appears unread always.

This is my little secret.
We plenty for the matter. Lol

1 Like

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Reucy(f): 10:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
Albertone:

And I keep asking myself the same question.how do one get successful without people? My job requires me having Friends and client. Smh
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by DeeMain(m): 10:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
sassysure:

They are not people shy at all so they can mingle and the best strategists out there so how to make money isn't in the equation.
Former governor of anambra state, Mr Peter obi as an introvert and he is a billionnaire. Dangote is one, some silent billionaires , Bill gate, Prince Charles, Mark, Warren Buffett name them.
They all have one common feature, they talk when the occasion requires it or mingle with the public but they rather love to be left alone to live in their world. Fancy cars, fashions etc, nothing to gossip about them actually.

Some people here are mixing being an introvert and social anxiety disorder together. From what I have read so far, majority have social anxiety disorder and they don't know it.

While it is true that they may have social anxiety disorder, it is also true that they are introverts. Introversion is a spectrum and many kinds of people with differing characteristics are on it. Introverts are predisposed to having mental issues because they internalize their environment or experiences and if those are too negative or traumatic for too long, especially in their childhood or adolescence, they habituate the negative energy.

3 Likes

Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by 1Sharon(f): 11:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
Liposure:
queen sharon watsup

Hi
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by JastSiryin(m): 11:06pm On Jan 11, 2020
seuncyrus:

I'm telling you, and it's starting to get annoying. Although I can see where the misconceptions are coming from
Re: Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
ProdigalSaviour:
It's not easy being an introvert. ..I was one nd i worked my self out,you can too.It's choice read books,pay for seminars that has to do with human management ,youtube has lectures too...I was just not just an introvert but sad nd uninteresting .I never became extroverted but I can engage in meaningful discussion nown nd keep u on nd u will be wishing I keep talking.I discovered oratory part of me I never knew.
Could you give me an example of such YouTube videos..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Can’t Bear My Husband’s Strong Sexual Urge: Wife / My Wife Twins Sister Moved To Our Apartment Of A Room And Parlour Self-contain / Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.