Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? (95779 Views)

Did I Overreact??? (screenshot Attached) / I Kicked out My Girl Because Of This Reason. Did I Overreact? / We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by hero2000: 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
jaxxy:

No u didn’t my dear, if u both agreed and he agreed then it shud be kept. People who break agreements easily cannot be trusted. I might be wrong bt I think Soldier just wants to bed u that’s all. He’s not interested in marriage. I hope I’m wrong bt his persistence and manipulation leaves much to be desired.

Stop the kissing and cuddling for atleast a month and see where the relationship heads. The truth is a guy who really loves u is more than happy just staring at u and hearing u talk till Ure ready. Sex is just the icing on the cake. I know this love is rare bt it’s the real deal.

Bt don’t get me wrong this has to be agreed by both parties willingly.

You are dear.

This kind of love is rare but it is the real love. When a man sleep with you before marriage, he might still end up marrying you, but it can never be like if he never got there.

After marriage, he can sleep with you as much as he wants. E go tire am sef.
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by mrksquare: 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
Give him sex joor. A female friend who is happily married is regretting not having sex with her husband during courtship. Her husband has erectile dysfunction and could barely make out with her. And this problem is threatening the stability of their marriage.

3 Likes

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gina2019:
You just don't get it do you? Emotionally we tend to lose more than you guys. You guys don't feel remorseful.
lol is that what u think??
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by jamalkareem(m): 3:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
Better chop something now before you marry oo,before you go say he is another Churchill
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by DJperdurabo: 3:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
pryme:

No you did not,
Its obvious he now wants sex and you don't.
Call off the relationship.
If you still want the relationship be prepared to have sex with him.

No need to complicate things.
It is what it is.

Q.E.D

Contact me for your business and personal loans.
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Babara1994(m): 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gina2019:
it doesn't work that way. You guys believe there's nothing a girl can offer you in a relationship apart from sex. Imagine what the guy did. He didn't pick her call becos of sex. Who does that?
Is there any other thing a young lady can offer?
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Gina2019(f): 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
armylord:
lol is that what u think??
It's what I know.
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by IgweBUIKE1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
you re living in self denial
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Gina2019(f): 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
Babara1994:

Is there any other thing a young lady can offer?
Of course yes.

1 Like

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Lufthansa: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
and how you sure she is not getting it elsewhere from someone who probably pays her bill but not ready to marry her? @OP and @Gina, if I were the guy I will leave. The only circumstance for which I will marry OP with the clause she gives is if she is a VIRGIN. Anything short of that na to waka.

Gina2019:
No you didn't. He was only playing along all this while to try to get the cookie.

If you give him the cookie, he will dump your ass.

1 Like

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Kudos to u for waiting to have sex til marriage.That's how God designed sex to be. For marriage only.
Now even said that,u shouldn't have serious issues calling it off unless you choose to make it one since u are so independent and always held ur pants strong.
I see no need for this post just like no need for the sex before marriage.
What I see here is a Devastated guy.
Who should be more upset with himself for not knowing/sticking to what he wants from the onset.
Pls,help me advise Him(ur guy) to bail now while he has a chance coz nothing is gonna get any better in the future.The sex and puss is just overhyped...Unless he don't mind.

2 Likes

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by DJperdurabo: 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lyydia:

Hmmmm, major reason y m scared!

If you couldn't all this while find a reason to believe in the genuity of your man's professed affection for you hence resorting to using sex as a "retain him" strategy, then there's no need to even go ahead with the marriage or still be in a relationship with him.

Why?

Because if you know your man truly loves you, the issue of abstaining from sex as a strategy to keep him will not even come to your mind.

Healthy relationships is more than sex!

Contact me for your personal and business loans.
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by DJperdurabo: 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
IamCookie:

You may be wrong, Gina2019. Sometimes , flexibility does it! It's a good thing she's not a liability and she also acknowledged LOVE between them. You dated for 6months ,cuddling and kissing sometimes, due to your own personal reasons. What about his own personal reasons? He was so reasonable as to allow u get along for good 6months and decided to give his own personal reason a thought , and then u became furious. You are selfish , Lyydia.

One would have thought your reason could be Virginity issue but Nope. Everyone wants emotional security..I only imagine the thoughts running through the guys mind to make him make the move again.

Well, I gave it to my guy very well ...and now he is my MAN. Your decision is your decision, though.

Words On Marble.

Contact me for your personal and business cash.

1 Like

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Basher8583: 3:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gina2019:
You are funny. How's she going to present the cookie?

By ensuring the cookie is clean, healthy and well groomed with no fish smell.
Cookies can be a big turn-off even for a married man if not well taking care of. Plus she must be ready to rock the boat very well. Sexual compatibility is very key in this particular case. No man will continue with a woman who is uninteresting during sexual activity
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gina2019:
it doesn't work that way. You guys believe there's nothing a girl can offer you in a relationship apart from sex. Imagine what the guy did. He didn't pick her call becos of sex. Who does that?
So much Hyping in one post...Why put so much pressure on Sex...U must have backward friends and mentality

1 Like

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by MiVida(m): 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2020
Didi2d:

You've said it all man.
I actually read, through to see if she will answer if she's a virgin or not but she kept mute on that.
Well, if she ain't a virgin I see no reason for such rules most especially when he wants it. For me I believe the lady is pretending, period

No two ways bro!
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by DanielGb(m): 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2020

2 Likes

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by hero2000: 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
nkemdi89:
If you are not ready for sex, stay away from relationship, it is very difficult to have a man in this present generation who can stay celibate, unless he is born in the 70s and has had load of mind blowing sex, and want marriage straight because he is already tired of the whole sex charade, besides stop using sex as bargaining tool, if you are matured enough and financially independent, you should be responsible for any decision with your body. If he wants to continue with the relationship after sex, shouldn't be your headache , enjoy the sex and don't feel used.

Using sex as a bargaining tool? Is that what you can read from her post? Bargaining tool for what? In this generation Anyone who wants to do the right thing is considered wrong. How sad.

Lady doesn't want to have sex before marriage. She says so plainly. Which one is sex as bargaining tool.

Marriage is a covenant. Only fools treat covenant as a common thing. If she wants to be careful, let her be. Hope she doesn't end up with someone with your mindset.

What if the guy leaves her after eating her cookie? How would she look herself in the mirror? Used and dumped.

What if the guy leaves BECAUSE she didn't allow him have her cookie? Dumped but NOT USED.

1 Like

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by kharyhordhe(m): 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gina2019:
No you didn't. He was only playing along all this while to try to get the cookie.

If you give him the cookie, he will dump your ass.
my gives me all the time and I no dey give an shishi
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by HARDDON: 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
vicdom:

Kai!!! cheesy shocked
Wicket sombori

These types are like vipers bro. But the unfortunate guys marry them and they still run the house. Smh.

a super case of someone who lives in a glass house yet go throwing stones....
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 11, 2020
Innobee99:
Kiss and cuddle kee u there

grin
U are mean!
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by DanielGb(m): 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lyydia:

Here is the deal, we plan on no sex before marriage due to personal reasons. I don't ask for money also, we do cuddle and kiss sometimes. But not sex!

We? Noo. It's more like you initiated the idea of "no sex" however, to keep him you offer cuddle and kiss. What do you now expect�. He will want to dick you. cheesy cheesy

It's either you are ready to bear the consequence of choosing "no sex" by remaining single, or flow along.

I am not sure both of you are virgin self. Most ladies using this strategy is a turn off.

1 Like

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by DNSPro: 3:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
Gina2019:
What is this one saying? Sex is the ultimate goal of a man in any relationship. And he believes if he gets it for free, he has conquered the lady. He can do anything he want like cheats, be abusive etc.

But if sex is not on a platter of gold, he won't misbehave. He will lay down his guard. He will respect his woman.

Hypocrite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by ojonugba2014(m): 3:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
GuestLog:
Me too! See my comment below yours. I praise her for her strength. If this guy loses her because of his immaturity, he will regret it.
regret kill you there. regret on what!?
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by IamCookie(f): 3:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
wisdomkid:

I rarely understand Humans and Black people in particular. Someone made a promise to keep herself for marriage and you're f**King telling her to give the guy s*x?

And you're the same guys that they call girls giving guys they're dating s*x oloshos.. God will judge us all with iron fist for 1.... Our stupidity, 2. Ignorance and 3. Foolishness.

You are the ignorant one sir/ma. She(op) gave an account of what transpired and thereby asked a question bothering her, and you expected everyone on this thread to give 'your kind of advice or response? If she is so sure and confident of the promise she made to herself , then why bothered and feeling regret of her actions? Smh sad

2 Likes

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Resurgent2016: 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
WIZGUY69:

You' and your partner should avoid secluded place? So both should start fixing meeting in the market square or what? How do you people think?

There are many places two people in a relationship can have an affectionate chat without locking themselves together in a room.

1 Like

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by walexy06(m): 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
Aside others compatibility we cared so much about, sexual compatibility is also very important. What makes you think you guys are compatible sexually if you stick to this decision?
If you are a virgin n already close to getting married, quite alright he will understand. Dont make it sound like sex is what you only have to offer in the anticipated marriage, after all if sex is not everything, it doesn't worth what you should deny him of equally.
Giving such condition is not cool if you are not a virgin. Sex Dont keep a man, the one that will stay will stay.
Though it is obvious you are one of the ladies that believe once a guy go to bed with you, you are being used...but that s lame.
Review the contract agreement..it is normal after certain period if u know his level of seriousness.
#Peace

1 Like

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Johnsghana(m): 3:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
ArticleBeast:

What of his wishes Oga Preacher?

If you read her post well, you will understand that she spelt the terms and conditions out for him before they started the relationship and he agreed. He can't change the rules of the game in the middle of the game without being expressly clear about what he wants.

He should be honest enough to let her know his true intentions if he knows he can't abide to the agreed T&Cs. He should not use deceit and emotional seduction to get her to change her mind. He needs to be man enough to ask for what he wants.

BTW, let us learn to stand for honesty and truth.
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by HBB1(m): 3:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
Buy him a carton of vaseline!
Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by staymore: 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
With or without sex that guy will not marry you because you think he is a fool and he knows.

1 Like

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by Gina2019(f): 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
DNSPro:

Hypocrite
How am I a hypocrite?

1 Like

Re: No Sex Before Marriage: Did I Overreact? by kerrysmart: 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
My dear if u don't eat draw soup don't take meat from it... The gods has spoken

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Her Parents Rejected Me Because I Am A Polytechnic Graduate / Sex: Access Bank Staff Caught In UNILAG Branch Office Ready For Sex / Groom Falls Back When It Was Time To Kiss His Bride At The Altar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.