Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister (34116 Views)

Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Nigerians Mock James Momoh Over 'Dream About 24-Hour Electricity In Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
Frankly speaking, I don't share the Minsiter's optimisim

1.We aren't generating enough electricity. Even with the plan to get us up to 11000MW....it still isn't enough....unless they want to cut off most rural areas.

2.Nigerians are not ready to pay the kind of bills that would get us up to 18 hours of light. IMO....we should be paying as much as N30000 montly for a one room apartment. Instead, we bypass meters, we refuse to pay bills (some cities have compliance rates below 50%...ie imagine running a business where less than half your customers pay for what they purchase....you get the idea.)

3.Price controls are still in place in the power sector. Nerc controlls the prices, not the DISCOS and GENCOS. Add the fact that DISCOS AND GENCOS cannot get financing as easily as eg telecom companies , and the cash problem is there.

Infact, the power sector has a liquidity problem of N1 trillion . Maybe more.

4.Corruption still riddles the sector. A lot of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
Citizenshelm:
The Minister of Power, Engr. Sale Mamman has assured Nigerians of 18-hour electricity supply daily once the country hits 7,000 megawatts power generation and distribution.

Mamman stated that the country would hit 7,000MW power generation target by the end of 2020.

However, he explained that sufficient electricity for everyone could be elusive until the nation hits 11,000MW power distribution.

“On the part of government, we are trying to improve through the expansion and I said by the end of the year, we will get 7,000 megawatts.

“By the time we get that, we may get 18-hour power supply daily and by the time it is 11,000 megawatts, everybody will have sufficient power,” Daily Trust quoted Mamman as saying recently.

Weighing in on the proposed hike in electricity tariffs, the power minister said that it was in honouring agreements entered into between the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) and the distribution companies during privatisation.

“It’s no longer in the hands of government because 60 per cent is in the hands of the private sector but we regulate the sector.

We just have to ensure it is standardised like other countries. We are inviting investors to come but if we don’t do that (get real tariff), they will not come but I believe we cannot go out of the standard,” the minister said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigerians-may-get-18-hour-power-supply-daily-soon-fg.html

Will you keep quiet . Nonsense country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
Talk is cheap
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Youthleader22(m): 5:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
debbysure01:
At least, we are seeing future in his statement. Some years back, Nigeria cannot even boast of 3,000MW during the Father Christmas government of Obj and GEJ...Now we've grown pass that....

Check my signature.

Mr check my signature.... Grown to what exactly? What's Nigeria's new power generation?
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by ezigr8(m): 5:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
Some parts of the nation are already enjoying close to that hours on a consistent daily basis particularly the north.

Nigerians let just be optimistic that in the shortest possible things will work out good.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by GMbuharii: 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
I trust this man more than Fashola Lying Mohammed

Fixed.....maybe, though cheesy
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youthleader22:

Mr check my signature.... Grown to what exactly? What's Nigeria's new power generation?

We are between 3500-7000 on a good day...with losses of 2000mw due to bad transmission.

(GEJ did raise it to 6000 by 2014 though)
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by vezycash(m): 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
debbysure01:
At least, we are seeing future in his statement. Some years back, Nigeria cannot even boast of 3,000MW during the Father Christmas government of Obj and GEJ...Now we've grown pass that....

Check my signature.

Ogbeni shut up. Nigeria produced more electricity during their time. Your minister of darkness managed to take the country back to 1980s level and you're yanning nonsense here.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by popsy2(m): 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
atobs4real:

What is this one saying. Based on my own side, I use elecctrity power for 20 to 18 hrs since last year june

Where is your own side please?
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by GMbuharii: 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
debbysure01:

Check my signature.

grin

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Vinceobrian(m): 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
Citizenshelm:
The Minister of Power, Engr. Sale Mamman has assured Nigerians of 18-hour electricity supply daily once the country hits 7,000 megawatts power generation and distribution.

Mamman stated that the country would hit 7,000MW power generation target by the end of 2020.

However, he explained that sufficient electricity for everyone could be elusive until the nation hits 11,000MW power distribution.

“On the part of government, we are trying to improve through the expansion and I said by the end of the year, we will get 7,000 megawatts.

“By the time we get that, we may get 18-hour power supply daily and by the time it is 11,000 megawatts, everybody will have sufficient power,” Daily Trust quoted Mamman as saying recently.

Weighing in on the proposed hike in electricity tariffs, the power minister said that it was in honouring agreements entered into between the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) and the distribution companies during privatisation.

“It’s no longer in the hands of government because 60 per cent is in the hands of the private sector but we regulate the sector.

We just have to ensure it is standardised like other countries. We are inviting investors to come but if we don’t do that (get real tariff), they will not come but I believe we cannot go out of the standard,” the minister said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigerians-may-get-18-hour-power-supply-daily-soon-fg.html

Lamba
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Gordson: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
How?

Thunder will fire that your mouth sir
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by nachinaGod: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
Audio light...abegii make una sidon
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by grandstar(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2020
This is good news. I, however, have my reservations.

Will the Discos provide power for free to customers who either shortchanged them, owe them, or steal power out rightly? The biggest debtor to the Discos apparently is the federal government, reputed to owe 300billion naira. Rather than set an example, they instead act prove otherwise.

There's also a massive difference between potential demand and effective demand..All projections about the country's power needs are meaningless if consumers can't afford or won't pay for it.

There are already rumors of Discos who refuse to purchase power from the Gencos.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
Really? You mean with 11k megawatt over 200 million Nigerians will have enough power for over 18hrs? Is this guy actually Minister of Power?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Gordson: 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
Gwilym:
Frankly speaking, I don't share the Minsiter's optimisim

1.We aren't generating enough electricity. Even with the plan to get us up to 11000MW....it still isn't enough....unless they want to cut off most rural areas.

2.Nigerians are not ready to pay the kind of bills that would get us up to 18 hours of light. IMO....we should be paying as much as N30000 montly for a one room apartment. Instead, we bypass meters, we refuse to pay bills (some cities have compliance rates below 50%...ie imagine running a business where less than half your customers pay for what they purchase....you get the idea.)

3.Price controls are still in place in the power sector. Nerc controlls the prices, not the DISCOS and GENCOS. Add the fact that DISCOS AND GENCOS cannot get financing as easily as eg telecom companies , and the cash problem is there.

Infact, the power sector has a liquidity problem of N1 trillion . Maybe more.

4.Corruption still riddles the sector. A lot of corruption.
How much did you rent the one room apartment that you'll be paying 30k monthly.

How much is minimum wage.

Something is wrong with your head Sir

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by vezycash(m): 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Gwilym:
2.Nigerians are not ready to pay the kind of bills that would get us up to 18 hours of light. IMO....we should be paying as much as N30000 montly for a one room apartment.

It's not our fault that naira is creeping on the floor like earthworm. 30k is less than $100, ordinary phone bill for those living in US, UK...

Besides, this all assumes these guys are Capable of increasing our power supply when china keeps adding at least 20GW to their grid every year.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by funshint(m): 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Good promise but what about the Mambilla project!?
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by 8stargeneral: 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Dis man and lie Mohammed who lie pass?
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by WeRblessed(f): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
Soon.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Saturn101: 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
Is that supposed to be an achievement?
No, it is not.

Nigeria is far behind time.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by majamajic(m): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
helinues:
18 hours and not even certain but soon...

The person Wey cursed Nigeria wicked gan oo

na Mongo Park curse Nigeria , he put it inside river
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by majamajic(m): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
helinues:
18 hours and not even certain but soon...
The person Wey cursed Nigeria wicked gan oo

na Mongo Park curse Nigeria , he put it inside river
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Sholaco: 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
grin sad undecided smiley angry shocked tongue
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Sheriman(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
Why are this people lying like lai Muhammed like this. angry angry
<a href="http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Lqbw6dfS" target="_parent">New User Gifts</a>
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by majamajic(m): 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
I don't even think we can afford to pay monthly bill of 24hrs electricity
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Realdollars: 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
Promise something more realistic, like one carton of candle for each household.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by NaijadrivaCars: 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hunku, please tell Hus a stohi :angry
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Jeamillz2020(m): 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
You must mad is that calls for a celebration despite our position in the world.
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by ChrisAC: 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Our leaders are scammers, even in 2020 we are still talking about 18 hrs power...huh. what happened to vision 2020. Oh, they thought the world would end before then.hahaha
Re: Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister by Youthleader22(m): 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Gwilym:

We are between 3500-7000 on a good day...with losses of 2000mw due to bad transmission.

(GEJ did raise it to 6000 by 2014 though)

Please kindly find something to close that your mouth there. What's we are between 3,500 -7000. What kind of useless propaganda is that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

ICPC Recovers 40 Cars From Ex-Directors Of Federal Ministry Of Water Resources(p / Names Of The Supreme Court Justices That Struck Out Wike's Appeal / Atiku Arrived Kebbi To Flag Off PDP Presidential Campaign - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.