Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. (4167 Views)

Things I Found Out About Sweden! / Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience / A Nairalanders Experience Applying For Belgium Visa Via VFS Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by pocohantas(f): 9:50am On Jan 12, 2020
makydebbie:

grin
Na where I remember.
Then I'll ask my mum and reply you offline. grin

Lmao. Honestly the way you said Ejigbo, I was wondering if you realised how big that sample size is.
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by WorWorBoy: 9:56am On Jan 12, 2020
Pandorah:
Can you listen to yourself?
Please read what u just wrote sloooowly and assimilate each word.
Is Nigeria's population bigger than Chin?
You have your answer....
Nigeria as a country has enough to take good care of her citizens and 5 other African countries.

Please be guided, don't just type for typing sake.
Is Ghana population bigger than Spain?

think before you type.

1 Like

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by WorWorBoy: 9:58am On Jan 12, 2020
crash12345:
geez bro,am a Ghanaian who randomly stumbled on this site and that dude worworboy or whatever has been hating on Ghana ever since and there are about five of them who troll anything about Ghana on this site.
Their shear hatred for Ghana can give them a heart attack cos anytime Ghana is mentioned, they're there to attack.I don't know maybe a Ghanaian once took his girlfriend so he has been bitter since.So it's not about you or against you that he's fighting buh he's strongly fighting because you have praised his sworn enemy which is Ghana buh the funny thing is he has never stepped his broke azz foot in Ghana before buh he hates this country soo much buh he has never seen before. Leave him to wallow in grief and self-hatred.Ghana is bigger than his entire generational line or anything he can imagine.

Feel free to enjoy Ghana as much as you can.We're all one
i learn everything from you Chris remember? grin grin
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Pandorah(m): 10:03am On Jan 12, 2020
WorWorBoy:
Is Ghana population bigger than Spain?

think before you type.
Have a nice day
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by makydebbie(f): 10:43am On Jan 12, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. Honestly the way you said Ejigbo, I was wondering if you realised how big that sample size is.
Lol, I know how big Ejigbo is having lived at isolo, thing is I just can't remember the busstop but I will ask my mum, she's in church and I'll be visiting her today so when I get home lol. It's just the busstop I've forgotten.

Come Ghana dear, I go cook waakye give you with Makys shito. kiss

2 Likes

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by lorhema(f): 11:51am On Jan 12, 2020
You can get kenkey and other Ghanaian meals at Yaba, on the side street beside the petrol station that's opposite the Tejuosho market complex. The seller is there from 6/7pm each day.

2 Likes

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by fabianiyobosa(m): 1:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
WorWorBoy:
You are dumb very dumb.
Comparing Ghana a country with 30 million+ plus people to Nigeria a country with 190 million + people shocked shocked

Are you even normal, isn't it obvious? The former stand a better chance of living than the latter.

And yet, you still have the nerve to talk about IQ ? when you have nothing in that empty head of yours.
Carry your fish brain away from me asap. grin grin

You have no reasonable argument!

If you haven't left this country you will remain ignorant and argue blindly.

If I say India is better than Nigeria, you will still come out to say nonsense pointing out how India is a dirty country forgetting that they have almost x6 of our population.

Take it or leave it, Nigeria is a severely messed up country.

2 Likes

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
@saintssamurai
@worworboy

We shouldn't come to a social media and start to insult ourselves. The truth is when you are a traveller,you are more experienced. I have been and lived in Accra. Ghana is way far better than Nigeria interms of economy.
1Ghanaian cedis=63naira
Ghana has a very constant power supply= Nigeria dont
Good roads=Nigeria dont
1kilo of turkey 12cedis (756naira)= naija (1400)
Ghana cedis is the 3rd strongest currency in Africa= Nigerian naira is not in the first 20 in Africa
They rarely grant Nigerians living in Nigeria visas to other countries= Ghanaian passport has edge
The reasons why you see that Nigerians are very high in Ghana prision is that more than a hundred of times Nigerians have been caught stealing with live raffles, if u visit Accra and know circle u will understand what i am talking about. Pick pockets, and whole lots of criminal stuffs at gun points.
The truth is that Nigerian economy is on a stand still while other countries are growingup. Nigeria gives out light to these west African countries yet no light in naija. Why do you think its only during festive period that they give us light steadily, after the festive period they go back to normal. Its called witchcraft. Generators should be banned from the country completely not even the politicians should use generator so that when there is no light everyone should be in darkness. My brother,Nigerians are very hard working and are knowning for greatness in Africa and the world. Im a proud Nigerian but the system do not work. The govt is the problem,no country on earth is worst than my beloved country Nigeria. How can we be living in this digital world and manifesting in an analog system? God bless naija
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by pocohantas(f): 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
makydebbie:
Lol, I know how big Ejigbo is having lived at isolo, thing is I just can't remember the busstop but I will ask my mum, she's in church and I'll be visiting her today so when I get home lol. It's just the busstop I've forgotten.

Come Ghana dear, I go cook waakye give you with Makys shito. kiss

No problem babe. I will be waiting for your response that might tarry like the Second Coming or I just ask gluttons like me.

Lol. We'll see about that. grin

1 Like

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by makydebbie(f): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
pocohantas:

No problem babe. I will be waiting for your response that might tarry like the Second Coming or I just ask gluttons like me.

Lol. We'll see about that. grin

Me I read it like second cumming, you know e dey tarry. lipsrsealed

My mum said the woman isn't there again but there's one at jakande estate gate at isolo. She sells next to the car wash at jakande gate.

1 Like

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by benji93: 5:18am On Jan 13, 2020
Bullshit. Why the hell are you behaving as if 8 months is enough time to form a reasonably general opinion of Ghanaians? Do you not know he experience in Ghana depends on where you life?
Do you feel better now after spewing all that trash about Nigeria? As much as you can speak of your admiration for Ghanaians without openly dragging the name of Nigeria through the mud, you can also address the other guy's low-self esteem comment. And what is it with, if not for my parents I would rather be a Ghanaian? I understand the state of the country frustrates you as it does most of us, but what bullshit statement is that.
Lastly, there's not much difference between Ghanaian and Nigerian Jollof, especially the comparing the party-standard. Or perhaps the person that does ur Jollof in Nigeria is just not at it.
SaintsSamurai:
Is it the Jollof rice that is paining you?

Nigeria is my country but you all will jump at mentions of people that dares to say it as it is and when it's not in the favour of NIGERIANS. Crackheads like you will start talking about low self-esteem.

Mr Suffer and smiling, have you been to Ghana?
Have you tasted their Jollof rice?

If "No" is your answer then kindly shot the fork up and go drink water.

I didn't even talk about the hundreds of ways why Ghana is more better than Nigeria.

Can you take a stroll by 11 to 3 in the middle of the night in anywhere in Nigeria without getting attacked by cultist, agberos, thiefs, Police, SARS, army, armed robbers and Even Evil spirits?

But in Ghana, I've walked in Ghana in the street where i resided at 11 at night, I've booked an Uber on many occasions by 11 to 12 midnight and they came in less than 20 minutes to my service, we have droved in a car in Ghana by 3 to 4 in the morning when coming from the club or all night Church service.

No police or cultist harassment, no seeing of Evil spirits like in Nigeria. grin

Should we talk about electricity?

Last year i lived in Ghana for about 8 months and no sign of Generator noise.
It was 24/7 electricity nonstop.

Should we talk about how Good their roads are?

How they obey traffic rules.

Should we talk about how nice they are?

The earlier Nigerians face the Truth that Nigeria is a zoo, NIGERIA is one of the worst country on Earth, the better for we.

If we don't fight the government now and take a stand against corruption then the suffer continues.

If not for my family and loved ones and my good friends, i would have prefer to be born as a Ghanaian than a Nigerian.

So don't quote me and tell me Rubbish.

Nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by benji93: 5:28am On Jan 13, 2020
Your pickpocket story is not entirely true, although I will admit there are a lot of Nigerians in Ghanaian prisons. Most of those pickpockets are not Nigerians, and that's a fact. Don't vlcone here and tell us what someone told you.
We have discussed and clarified the issue of currency several times here, why are you still bringing it up? The denominations were changed in 2007, 4 zeros were literally cancelled from each note. Does that change the actual value of their money? Capital No.
bigglenn12:
@saintssamurai
@worworboy

We shouldn't come to a social media and start to insult ourselves. The truth is when you are a traveller,you are more experienced. I have been and lived in Accra. Ghana is way far better than Nigeria interms of economy.
1Ghanaian cedis=63naira
Ghana has a very constant power supply= Nigeria dont
Good roads=Nigeria dont
1kilo of turkey 12cedis (756naira)= naija (1400)
Ghana cedis is the 3rd strongest currency in Africa= Nigerian naira is not in the first 20 in Africa
They rarely grant Nigerians living in Nigeria visas to other countries= Ghanaian passport has edge
The reasons why you see that Nigerians are very high in Ghana prision is that more than a hundred of times Nigerians have been caught stealing with live raffles, if u visit Accra and know circle u will understand what i am talking about. Pick pockets, and whole lots of criminal stuffs at gun points.
The truth is that Nigerian economy is on a stand still while other countries are growingup. Nigeria gives out light to these west African countries yet no light in naija. Why do you think its only during festive period that they give us light steadily, after the festive period they go back to normal. Its called witchcraft. Generators should be banned from the country completely not even the politicians should use generator so that when there is no light everyone should be in darkness. My brother,Nigerians are very hard working and are knowning for greatness in Africa and the world. Im a proud Nigerian but the system do not work. The govt is the problem,no country on earth is worst than my beloved country Nigeria. How can we be living in this digital world and manifesting in an analog system? God bless naija
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 13, 2020
@Benji93
You make me laugh in twi... You said if changing the 4 zeros changed the actual value of their currency Lemme ask you... How can you determine the value of a currency??

benji93:
Your pickpocket story is not entirely true, although I will admit there are a lot of Nigerians in Ghanaian prisons. Most of those pickpockets are not Nigerians, and that's a fact. Don't vlcone here and tell us what someone told you.
We have discussed and clarified the issue of currency several times here, why are you still bringing it up? The denominations were changed in 2007, 4 zeros were literally cancelled from each note. Does that change the actual value of their money? Capital No.
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by benji93: 10:27am On Jan 13, 2020
That's if you even understand Twi remotely. grin. And good question.The value of a currency lies in the actual economic exchange. There are several indicators that show this. One useful indicator is rate of erosion of the exchange over time. You can check which of the two currencies has eroded the most overtime. Note, w are talking about rate here.
bigglenn12:
@Benji93
You make me laugh in twi... You said if changing the 4 zeros changed the actual value of their currency Lemme ask you... How can you determine the value of a currency??

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 13, 2020
Lol... I spent over 4 decades in Ghana before i moved to Canada with my family. U are mxing everything up. You are talking about inflations and not how to determine the value of a currency my dear Benji���

benji93:
That's if you even understand Twi remotely. grin. And good question.The value of a currency lies in the actual economic exchange. There are several indicators that show this. One useful indicator is rate of erosion of the exchange over time. You can check which of the two currencies has eroded the most overtime. Note, w are talking about rate here.
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by benji93: 11:23am On Jan 13, 2020
I laugh in Ga. Take am easy ooo. 4 decades! If that is true, I salute you, you try. I mean, we could decide to cancel the 3 zeros on our 1000 Naira more. I may not have stayed in Ghana as long as you did, but i was in Ghana before 2007, and i know that the largest denomination was the 20000 Cedi more and a dollar went for about 8000 Cedis. When those zeros were cancelled, the dollar began changing at around 0.8 Cedis. That was not the hand of the financial market. In fact the bad economic situation-which included inflation- was the reason for that move. My point is the strength of a currency cannot be directly measured from the exchange rate.
bigglenn12:
Lol... I spent over 4 decades in Ghana before i moved to Canada with my family. U are mxing everything up. You are talking about inflations and not how to determine the value of a currency my dear Benji���

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 13, 2020
benji93:
Bullshit. Why the hell are you behaving as if 8 months is enough time to form a reasonably general opinion of Ghanaians? Do you not know he experience in Ghana depends on where you life?
Do you feel better now after spewing all that trash about Nigeria? As much as you can speak of your admiration for Ghanaians without openly dragging the name of Nigeria through the mud, you can also address the other guy's low-self esteem comment. And what is it with, if not for my parents I would rather be a Ghanaian? I understand the state of the country frustrates you as it does most of us, but what bullshit statement is that.
Lastly, there's not much difference between Ghanaian and Nigerian Jollof, especially the comparing the party-standard. Or perhaps the person that does ur Jollof in Nigeria is just not at it.
What is the there to defend Nigeria for when Nigeria has already been shared among the politicians, their families and allies.let me shock you,me and you are only claiming Nigeria, even the politicians have sidelined us,be deceiving yourself and be claiming patriotism( I was highly patriotic before though) for a country who doesn't give a damn about you and me. I AM ASHAMED TO BE A NIGERIA.May God bless Ghana and Ghana leaders for standing out tall

1 Like

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2020
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cScgLl1F-ts

When u have time go through this.

benji93:
I laugh in Ga. Take am easy ooo. 4 decades! If that is true, I salute you, you try. I mean, we could decide to cancel the 3 zeros on our 1000 Naira more. I may not have stayed in Ghana as long as you did, but i was in Ghana before 2007, and i know that the largest denomination was the 20000 Cedi more and a dollar went for about 8000 Cedis. When those zeros were cancelled, the dollar began changing at around 0.8 Cedis. That was not the hand of the financial market. In fact the bad economic situation-which included inflation- was the reason for that move. My point is the strength of a currency cannot be directly measured from the exchange rate.
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Gucciboy1(m): 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
crash12345:
geez bro,am a Ghanaian who randomly stumbled on this site and that dude worworboy or whatever has been hating on Ghana ever since and there are about five of them who troll anything about Ghana on this site.
Their shear hatred for Ghana can give them a heart attack cos anytime Ghana is mentioned, they're there to attack.I don't know maybe a Ghanaian once took his girlfriend so he has been bitter since.So it's not about you or against you that he's fighting buh he's strongly fighting because you have praised his sworn enemy which is Ghana buh the funny thing is he has never stepped his broke azz foot in Ghana before buh he hates this country soo much buh he has never seen before. Leave him to wallow in grief and self-hatred.Ghana is bigger than his entire generational line or anything he can imagine.

Feel free to enjoy Ghana as much as you can.We're all one

I de feel you bro. Sometimes ehn, it's not everyone that deserve a reply. Some people are meant to be ignored. Just de observe
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Gucciboy1(m): 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2020
Please guys this question is for anybody who knows.
I plan to move to Ghana later this year, please what's the house rent rate like in Ghana for a year and where's the best place to reside as a Nigerian in Ghana?
Like how much will it cost to settle down and live comfortably for two months before starting to work/Hustle?
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Gucciboy1(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
benji93:

Honestly bro, Nigeria is forked up, and the moment we begin to admit that openly, the better for us. If not, in the next 20yrs we will continue living the same way we have been living since the 60's.

That jollof rice comparison, I think it depends on the cook o

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Locate Colonnades Hotel Ikoyi - Coming From Festac Town / Let's Talk About Nigerian Passport / Arrested In USA No Conviction Should I Tick Yes Or No ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.