Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol (41722 Views)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
sacx:

Lmao. She just relegated you to shayo MISTRESS grin. Nor go do pass yourself o, for your heart's sake. If na 40 seconds sef tongue, do quick and wear cloth, nobody go give you trophy.

I'm sure neither of you have been introduced to SAPELE WATER. By the time you are done with two glasses, there would be no case of midnight match cheesy

My friend Sharrraap! angry

Wey i think sey you go teach me wetin Mercy take collect best player, you come dey preach for me sey make she continue dey win abi!

From now on you don become my number 1 enemy! angry

By the way which one be SAPELE WATER again?

My motto is no retreat no surrender o! cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Farki: 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2020
Just fyi Samson did not drink because he was a Nazerene and not because he was 'God's servant'. Nazerene vows required that you don't cut your hair and avoid all grape related items.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by sacx: 1:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
Maximus69:

My friend Sharrraap! angry

Wey i think sey you go teach me wetin Mercy take collect best player, you come dey preach for me sey make she continue dey win abi!

From now on you don become my number 1 enemy! angry

By the way which one be SAPELE WATER again?

My motto is no retreat no surrender o! cheesy

My braa, I'm not as experienced in the other room affairs. I nor do reach 40 seconds sef. Once I go praaa praaa, the next na pruuuuu. I can't fit kill myself cheesy

Sapele water is best experienced than explained. Once you are done with one bottle, you begin to see visions; find pleasure in uncertain places; a luxurious bed in dirty gutters cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
sacx:

My braa, I'm not as experienced in the other room affairs. I nor do reach 40 seconds sef. Once I go praaa praaa, the next na pruuuuu. I can't fit kill myself cheesy

Sapele water is best experienced than explained. Once you are done with one bottle, you begin to see visions; find pleasure in uncertain places; a luxurious bed in dirty gutters cheesy

Haaaaaaaaaaa!

That one na EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA SHAYO o!

Abeg i no fit enter that kind bus!

Anyway God bless you my friend, just be rest assured that God never condemned the intake of alcoholic beverages for Christians today. It's all these overly righteous religious leaders who just want to overload the minds of interested persons from seeing reasons with faith in God! Act 15:28-29

Once again God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by candelahria(f): 3:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
I never said that it's a sin. The Bible only says that drunkeness is a sin.I however believe Christians shouldn't take it because they have no reason to.
sacx:

Lol, I don't take alcohol. But I also think it's wrong to tell Christians that they sin when they do.

Health wise, medical practitioners would tell you those that incorporate red wine in their meals live healthier.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by sacx: 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2020
candelahria:
I never said that it's a sin. The Bible only says that drunkeness is a sin.I however believe Christians shouldn't take it because they have no reason to.

Strictly your personal opinion smiley

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
sacx:

Strictly your personal opinion smiley

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, there are millions amongst us who don't drink alcoholic beverages!

But they have no authority whatsoever to teach others NOT to drink alcoholic beverages because that will be tantamount to ADDING to what God said! Revelations 22:18

The implication of that is when you need to stand before someone who doesn't have any regard for the Bible and you are trying to prove that alcoholic beverages is a sin, and after all your stories he now ask IS IT WRITTEN LIKE THAT IN YOUR BOOK (Bible)?

Failure to present it means you're just trying to impose your PERSONAL OPINION on them and they'll never give anyone that opportunity to come talk about a God whose standards are set by humans NOT his word! embarassed
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by spartanian(m): 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
I do not get drunk
BOFREJO:

right! yet you find yourself drunk, How come?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by spartanian(m): 4:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
we are not gluttons
skedy1:

Increase the volume

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 4:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
candelahria:
relaxation. Relaxation is the reason.

Or what reasons do christians have to drink fanta? Or schweppes?

These things are all drinks| beverages | foods| consumables.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by sacx: 5:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Maximus69:

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, there are millions amongst us who don't drink alcoholic beverages!

But they have no authority whatsoever to teach others NOT to drink alcoholic beverages because that will be tantamount to ADDING to what God said! Revelations 22:18

The implication of that is when you need to stand before someone who doesn't have any regard for the Bible and you are trying to prove that alcoholic beverages is a sin, and after all your stories he now ask IS IT WRITTEN LIKE THAT IN YOUR BOOK (Bible)?

Failure to present it means you're just trying to impose your PERSONAL OPINION on them and they'll never give anyone that opportunity to come talk about a God whose standards are set by humans NOT his word! embarassed

And that's a boomerang. Your efforts become counterproductive. There are lots of errors in the Christianity that is practiced by the church today, and that, especially in Nigeria. The thing is, when the Europeans brought Christianity to us, they laced it with their culture and other gimmicks with the intent of keeping us in subjection. They made us see many of our harmless cultures in bad light so we continually look up to them as the authors of civilisation. These things still plague Nigerians today, and even our religious papas are not helping matters.

The onus thus lies with us in unwinding ourselves out of that mesh by studying the Word in its original form. This cannot be overemphasized.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
sacx:

And that's a boomerang. Your efforts become counterproductive. There are lots of errors in the Christianity that is practiced by the church today, and that, especially in Nigeria. The thing is, when the Europeans brought Christianity to us, they laced it with their culture and other gimmicks with the intent of keeping us in subjection. They made us see many of our harmless cultures in bad light so we continually look up to them as the authors of civilisation. These things still plague Nigerians today, and even our religious papas are not helping matters.

The onus thus lies with us in unwinding ourselves out of that mesh by studying the Word in its original form. This cannot be overemphasized.

Those Europeans brought POLITICS but used the Bible as cover up, NOT Christianity!

If you carefully study the Bible, you'll notice that there is just one single group practicing what Jesus taught back then today, they're called Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Emylas(m): 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2020
Bitter truth
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by sacx: 10:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
Maximus69:

Those Europeans brought POLITICS but used the Bible as cover up, NOT Christianity!

If you carefully study the Bible, you'll notice that there is just one single group practicing what Jesus taught back then today, they're called Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

Lol, let's not digress.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by jaksmillioniar: 9:17am On Mar 07, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
Are you mad
fool at 40
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Yamsyy(m): 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2020
I'm interested

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Healing Water Discovered In Nachi, Oji In Enugu State / I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.