Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol (41727 Views)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
Uyi168:
If i take one bottle of chilled hero lager beer,and then enter my bed and sleep...
Have i sinned
No, 1 Corinth 10 vs 25, Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising anyone questions on the ground of conscience. For the earth is the Lord's and everything in it.
Vs 31, So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Goalnaldo(m): 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:

Oga I no agree oh
If I know take spirit how I wan take get confidence

Bible no condemn alcohol it only condemned the excessiveness

Me no de take beer but you see red label, Carla Rossi, X1, Hennessey (when money deh)

I no de joke with them oo
all these ones Na kai Kai na.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
Goalnaldo:
all these ones Na kai Kai na.

E better pass beer for me oo
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Goalnaldo(m): 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
The question is how much is too much??
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by OnPointMan(m): 6:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
Am sorry, Op is confused. You need Baileys to reason well sir.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Goalnaldo(m): 6:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
No thanks to Muslims, Christian extremists are emerging undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by candelahria(f): 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
Well,God created plants and animals for food.Food is a necessity but alcohol is for pleasure.You won't die if you don't drink alcohol but you will die if you stop eating.
sacx:

Same bible says gluttony is a sin. Why haven't you stopped eating? wink
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Lotechi(m): 7:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
I do not mean to sound rude, but the writer’s argument lacks any form of logic. This is the kind of argument you make when you have been indoctrinated.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
ZaOzaRoom:
You people are funny.

Drink responsibly and don't ever get drunk.

I drink like one bottle of hero in two weeks.

That's drinking responsibly and I'm more Christian than you will ever be.
yeah obviously you are Mr TheOtherRoom
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Something must kill a man yes Dnt let something u can do without kill u..for ur uncle yes it's possible cos most of the food we eat are kidney killers so y stress the kidney by consuming daliy alcohol...think abt it...
guy shutup
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by PastorandMentor(m): 8:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
As a pastor, i drink just little.
I don't exceed 2 bottles.
I know my limit. To avoid getting drunk which is the Evil.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
Haula:
I know of a religion which keeps you away from all these vices you are thinking about. Its verses are clear enough for even the most dullest to comprehend {clearly defines what is lawful and unlawful}. It's followers are on the increase having realised that it is the truth from their Lord The Most High, beside Whom there is no partner. Those who do not believe in it only do so due to the misconceptions they have been brainwashed to have for it. Do I still need to tell you I'm referring to ISLAM!{The unadulterated religion}.

Have you ever read a translation of The Quran to know what others actually believe in, Or are you afraid of it?

Accept the truth and don't be arrogant!
Arab shocked
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by sacx: 9:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
candelahria:
Well,God created plants and animals for food.Food is a necessity but alcohol is for pleasure.You won't die if you don't drink alcohol but you will die if you stop eating.

Not logical still. Same alcohol was made from plant which was given for food. Besides that, alcohol has medicinal and health benefits. So you see, to some it's a necessity too. Christianity never condemned it.

And no, I won't die if I stop eating. We shall not all sleep.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Makschinchin: 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Gkay1:
Even if you preach from genesis to revelation, who will change will eventually change and who don't want to change will not change.
Try your best and leave the rest for God.

Happy sunday
Happy new week.

It's still good to preach it. If I wasn't preached to concerning intake of alcoholic drinks, I may still be taking it today, so let the preachers keep preaching
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by MrPresident1: 9:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
Princewell2012:

Happy new year sir. Longtime. How is everything?

Happy new year to you too sir!

All correct grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by TheOtherRoom: 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
beardlessdude:
yeah obviously you are Mr TheOtherRoom
that's someone's moniker
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by naijacarz(m): 11:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
grin

I love reading comments...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:45am On Jan 13, 2020
Any wine that does not have alcohol is fruit juice. What makes red wine pure and real is the Alcohol content. The cream that you used to rub your body contains alcohol. The medicine you take also contains alcohol
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by candelahria(f): 7:16am On Jan 13, 2020
It is logical.Whatever nutrients or medicinal benefits you think you can get from alcohol can still be gotten from other foods or plants.Do whatever suits you.
sacx:

Not logical still. Same alcohol was made from plant which was given for food. Besides that, alcohol has medicinal and health benefits. So you see, to some it's a necessity too. Christianity never condemned it.

And no, I won't die if I stop eating. We shall not all sleep.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 13, 2020
candelahria:
It is logical.Whatever nutrients or medicinal benefits you think you can get from alcohol can still be gotten from other foods or plants.Do whatever suits you.

It's not about the MEDICAL BENEFITS alone Sir!

Intake of alcoholic beverages has a lot to do for humans than most myopic individuals can grasp!

Jesus used to take alcoholic beverages (according to God's word), it's manmade traditions and shortsightedness that caused such issues like this!

The Bible clearly said "alcoholic beverages gladdens the heart of the living". Of course many won't meditate on what is WRITTEN in God's word, instead they'll be following the thinking of mere humans like themselves!

For instance, God's son said " you must forgive whoever wrong you before expecting forgiveness from God" everyone knows how difficult this is. So Jesus added "if you're bringing your gift before God and you remembered that you're still harboring anything in mind against your brother, first drop your gift there, go and settle the issue with your brother, then after you've settled the issue you may return to offer your gift"

Hmmmmmmmmm, well i've studied those who used to take alcoholic beverages closely, and i've come to notice that after drinking, they're relaxed and the next thing is they start pouring out what is IN THEIR HEARTS because the alcoholic beverage is making him feel happy!
So if you're present and he has anything against you in his mind, the only thing that could help him keep it is if you don't say a word to him. You dare say a word and you'll start hearing what you never thought of that could make him hate you!
Then what happens? If you're a peace loving person, all you need to say is " i'm sorry, i never thought of it that way" and that will be the end!

For your information, this is the reason why most so called (born again) Churchgoers finds it extremely difficult to FORGIVE! smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by candelahria(f): 8:00am On Jan 13, 2020
If you need alcohol to be happy,then something is not right.The same Bible said to be sober and drunk with the Spirit of God.When you have the Spirit of God,He gives you peace and joy.It doesn't matter what life throws your way.
Maximus69:

It's not about the MEDICAL BENEFITS alone Sir!

Intake of alcoholic beverages has a lot to do for humans than most myopic individuals can grasp!

Jesus used to take alcoholic beverages (according to God's word), it's manmade traditions and shortsightedness that caused such issues like this!

The Bible clearly said "alcoholic beverages gladdens the heart of the living". Of course many won't meditate on what is WRITTEN in God's word, instead they'll be following the thinking of mere humans like themselves!

For instance, God's son said " you must forgive whoever wrong you before expecting forgiveness from God" everyone knows how difficult this is. So Jesus added "if you're bringing your gift before God and you remembered that you're still harboring anything in mind against your brother, first drop your gift there, go and settle the issue with your brother, then after you've settled the issue you may return to offer your gift"

Hmmmmmmmmm, well i've studied those who used to take alcoholic beverages closely, and i've come to notice that after drinking, they're relaxed and the next thing is they start pouring out what is IN THEIR HEARTS because the alcoholic beverage is making him feel happy!
So if you're present and he has anything against you in his mind, the only thing that could help him keep it is if you don't say a word to him. You dare say a word and you'll start hearing what you never thought of that could make him hate you!
Then what happens? If you're a peace loving person, all you need to say is " i'm sorry, i never thought of it that way" and that will be the end!

For your information, this is the reason why most so called (born again) Churchgoers finds it extremely difficult to FORGIVE! smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by sacx: 8:12am On Jan 13, 2020
candelahria:

Lol, I don't take alcohol. But I also think it's wrong to tell Christians that they sin when they do.

Health wise, medical practitioners would tell you those that incorporate red wine in their meals live healthier.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 13, 2020
candelahria:
If you need alcohol to be happy,then something is not right.The same Bible said to be sober and drunk with the Spirit of God.When you have the Spirit of God,He gives you peace and joy.It doesn't matter what life throws your way.
The bolded is confirmed TRUTH!
If you're truly drunk with the spirit of God, that means you'll also bear the FRUIT of God's holy spirit!

I can only notice one single group claiming Christians that's producing what God's word called the FRUIT of God's holy spirit! Galatians 5:22-23

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!

The irony of this is that this group (just as it's not stated in God's word) never condemned the intake of alcoholic beverages!

So who really is DRUNK WITH THE SPIRIT OF GOD? smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 13, 2020
sacx:

Lol, I don't take alcohol. But I also think it's wrong to tell Christians that they sin when they do.

Health wise, medical practitioners would tell you those that incorporate red wine in their meals live healthier.

They live healthier because alcoholic beverages makes you happy {Psalms 104:5} in turn it's the joy in you that determines your mood and your mood determine your health! Proverbs 4:23 smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by sacx: 10:42am On Jan 13, 2020
Maximus69:

They live healthier because alcoholic beverages makes you happy {Psalms 104:5} in turn it's the joy in you that determines your mood and your mood determine your health! Proverbs 4:23 smiley

Lol, quite true. I hope you are not a shayo master? cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2020
sacx:

Lol, quite true. I hope you are not a SHAYO MASTER? cheesy

My wife doesn't take alcoholic beverages at all before our marriage, in fact she sometimes feel like "can you totally abstain from it?" But since i'm always cool, collected and sound with or without my DAGOGO she ignored me. Later she noticed that i'm much more joyous and romantic after taking two bottles of ODEKU so she began complaining that i'm cheating.

That's how i initiated my woman into the club, and began training her how to SHAYO as well. My only regret now is after we're through she's always winning the midnight football match o!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DonXavi(m): 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2020
sd
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by sacx: 12:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
Maximus69:

My wife doesn't take alcoholic beverages at all before our marriage, in fact she sometimes feel like "can you totally abstain from it?" But since i'm always cool, collected and sound with or without my DAGOGO she ignored me. Later she noticed that i'm much more joyous and romantic after taking two bottles of ODEKU so she began complaining that i'm cheating.

That's how i initiated my woman into the club, and began training her how to SHAYO as well. My only regret now is after we're through she's always winning the midnight football match o!

Lmao. She just relegated you to shayo MISTRESS grin. Nor go do pass yourself o, for your heart's sake. If na 40 seconds sef tongue, do quick and wear cloth, nobody go give you trophy.

I'm sure neither of you have been introduced to SAPELE WATER. By the time you are done with two glasses, there would be no case of midnight match cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Healing Water Discovered In Nachi, Oji In Enugu State / Meet Pastor Joshua Momodu: "A Witch Visited My House As Bat" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.