Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,348 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol (41724 Views)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by somehow: 1:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
Gkay1:
Even if you preach from genesis to revelation, who will change will eventually change and who don't want to change will not change.
Try your best and leave the rest for God.

Happy sunday
Happy new week.

so how will he know who will change or not without preaching first?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by sacx: 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
candelahria:
You told us why Christians shouldn't be drunk.You haven't told us why Christians shouldn't drink.Personally,I don't believe Christians should drink alcohol because I believe true Christianity shouldn't be about how close one can be to the line without crossing it but how far away one can stay from crossing the line.Yes,the Bible says drunkeness is a sin,why don't you avoid it altogether?If we're talking about health benefits, those nutrients can also be found in other foods.

Same bible says gluttony is a sin. Why haven't you stopped eating? wink

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by madapcmod: 1:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
[s]
Haula:
I know of a religion which keeps you away from all these vices you are thinking about. Its verses are clear enough for even the most dullest to comprehend {clearly defines what is lawful and unlawful}. It's followers are on the increase having realised that it is the truth from their Lord The Most High, beside Whom there is no partner. Those who do not believe in it only do so due to the misconceptions they have been brainwashed to have for it. Do I still need to tell you I'm referring to ISLAM!{The unadulterated religion}.

Have you ever read a translation of The Quran to know what others actually believe in, Or are you afraid of it?

Accept the truth and don't be arrogant!
[/s]

Trash! Islamabad! Terror to the world
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by zedman1(m): 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
The content of this post is like saying having sex or eating food is sinful. Normally it is people who don't drink at all or people who have allowed alcohol take the better part of them who make such statements.This post is a rubbish post.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Gkay1(m): 1:35pm On Jan 12, 2020
somehow:

so how will he know who will change or not without preaching first?

I didn't go against preaching.
You can preach and do what is right, God will still be the one to change the person.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by chukzyfcbb: 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
It's like you have not tasted a Cold Red wine after a very stressful day.

I can stop drinking Beer, spirit but Red wine, never!

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by perousd: 1:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
Please stop confusing yourself. Jesus provided wine but condemns it's intake.

Nna. Go and pray for insight. That the eyes of your understanding be enlightened for this is purely your opinion.

Do you know that the communion wine in the new testament is alcoholic?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by kelvxyn: 1:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
Lol. Lip sealed. Do av a productive week.
virago:

So with this argument we can take weed , opium and cocaine in very minute amounts as long as we don't get high ?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by nwamabo247(m): 2:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
Drink responsible ,I don't drink because of health problem
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Lhanre(m): 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
TundeKorede:

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/7-reasons-why-every-christian-must-stop-drinking-alcohol/

Your post above demonstrates your lack of knowledge of the Bible.

Before taking a position on biblical thematic issues, you need to have considered everything scripture that relates to the issue.

Concerning alcohol, I know you are already versed in scriptures that condemns excessive use, and those that excludes some class of people (Nazarenes).

However check Deuteronomy 14: 22-29, Leviticus 10:9, Numbers 6:1-20, and Luke 7:32-34.

I rest my case.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by fennels007(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
If a doctor advises a patient to reduce (example) intake of sugar, protein or meat and the patient out of addiction could not control his appetite, continued the consumption, became sick of problems caused by the consumption, the patient has sinned.

In the same vein, if a person consumes alcohol excessively and out of addiction could not control his appetite continued the consumption, became drunk and caused problems because of his drunkenness, the person has also sinned.

Both have sinned in my own opinion and I stand to be corrected.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Segeshow: 2:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
In conclusion, stupid article. Always trying to be more Christian than the pope.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:

Oga I no agree oh
If I know take spirit how I wan take get confidence

Bible no condemn alcohol it only condemned the excessiveness

Me no de take beer but you see red label, Carla Rossi, X1, Hennessey (when money deh)

I no de joke with them oo
Religion aside, why should your confidence be dictated by external stimuli?Your confidence should come from within through self realization and not from any substance/chemical.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by BOFREJO(m): 2:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
spartanian:
Myopic, we don't drink to get drunk.
right! yet you find yourself drunk, How come?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by LargeBreed(m): 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Wat do u consider as moderate drinking If I may ask.
The quantity that doesn't get you high. Once you start getting a bit tipsy, you stop drinking.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by nattyGENT: 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
Where you there when the incidence happened and the saying s explained to you?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by ChiefSupplier55(m): 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
quaintbloke:
Nigerian writers have a funny way of making blanket statements to suit their writing style, at the end of the day, the write up turns out illogical.
How the writer has conveniently equated alcohol intake to being drunk still bemuses me.
Its more like saying people shouldn't take salt because in excess, it causes hypertension , shouldn't take sugar cos in excess, it can cause diabetes or shouldnt make money because it's the root of all evil.
How logical.

This is intelligency

I JST say thank you

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Drinking kills ur kidney whether u get drunk or not...u wld say I no a man that drinks and he lived up till 90 years...knw something nw..the world currently is polluted frm the air to the food we eat, the kidney is responsible for taking care of this toxins from the food to the water we drink and nw ur stressing it by the alcohol u take, telling me I Dnt get drunk....u r a fool. Whether u get drunk or not ur kidney wld suffer the consequence.. Go the the hospital and see people on queue for kidney transplant.. U joke with ur health..
What concerns the kidney with alcohol?I thought it was the liver,brain,pancreas etc that gets affected?Must you curse before you make a point?If you don’t drink,it’s perfectly okay.A little alcohol is good for the body.If you want us to take your points based on your argument,then one should not even bother eating anymore because of toxins.People eat and drink a lot of things based on their tastes.It all comes down to individual’s preferences.If you don’t like alcohol because of it’s side effects,good for you.Even the palmoil we use in soup is not good for the body,so is red meat,salt and a whole lot of others.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by anonymuz(m): 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:

Oga I no agree oh
If I know take spirit how I wan take get confidence

Bible no condemn alcohol it only condemned the excessiveness

Me no de take beer but you see red label, Carla Rossi, X1, Hennessey (when money deh)

I no de joke with them oo
ma nigga
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Princewell2012(m): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
MrPresident1:
Habitual drunkenness and gluttony is the sin.
Happy new year sir. Longtime. How is everything?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Greatzeus(m): 4:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
I will never tell anyone who drinks alcohol that he/she is a bad person or sinful or going to hell. Who am i to judge. But Personally, i hate alcohol, cigarettes, betting/gambling, hard drugs as much as anything could be hated. sad
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by ChiefSupplier55(m): 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pedrotina11:
See nobody is telling u to stop drinking ooo...foolish people on NL...please keep it up..drink all u want...the op is saying wat needs to be said...The Lord told Ezekiel something he said tell them if they want to hear let them hear ...please drink and drink infact increase the drinking to stupor..I knw a man that is currently battling kidney problems cos of drinking nw if u gave am alcohol he go curse ur generation...burna boy said u go learn ur own lesson...dem no dey tell man wen the time come u go knw...evrytin written in the bible is for ur own good...please drink....

Your Mumu too much

U never still learn.... OK make I repeat and again
There is different between getting drunk and drinking

Good Life is all abt moderation
Ask the Bible..... U ar a Christain
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
Op is wrong. It is drunkness that is a sin not drinking but some people cannot draw the line so it is advisable for them not to dink at all. Also a Christian who want to be filled with the Holy Spirit should do well to abstain from alchohol totally because the Holy Spirit and Alcohol do not mince at all. It is not advisable to engage oneself in drinking alcohol.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 4:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
anonymuz:
ma nigga
Twale for you baba
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by ehmmy11(m): 4:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
At the last supper you can not deny that Jesus himself did not drink wine and passed the cup to His disciples.. @ op can you explain this?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by ebby9z(m): 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
You titled your post "Reasons not to drink alcohol" yet your criticism is alcohol is based on "excessive drinking." I can't find a single point that points against drinking alcohol.

Do you know you can drink alcohol without getting drunk?
So, what's the point exactly?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by guychidile: 5:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
just be yourself, drink to moderation as you also eat to moderation too!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Healing Water Discovered In Nachi, Oji In Enugu State / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.