Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,381 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol (41725 Views)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Is Taking Alcohol Responsibly A Sin ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by fabienjoe: 11:43am On Jan 12, 2020
You actually didn't say why Christians should ABSTAIN from alcohol. You only stated why they shouldn't get DRUNK...I think it is safe to believe the Bible does not necessarily require us to be teetotal.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Daddy46: 11:45am On Jan 12, 2020
scarphase:
Rubbish!

Why does the book od Deuteronomy 14 say we should use our tithe to buy strong drink aka alcohol? I believe the key thing in life is moderation and God has given us the discernment to know right from wrong but for you to quite a section of the bible to support your view isn't right.

You cannot use your own understanding to generalize!
read verse 26 of that Bible
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by fabienjoe: 11:49am On Jan 12, 2020
tete7000:

Did Jesus drink? Only a proper answer to this question put all these trivial arguments to rest. I wait for your answer.

But he made drinks available to people...Can Jesus himself lead anybody astray?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Thomthom(m): 11:52am On Jan 12, 2020
nomenclature:
Come and beat me,I am in my house
I tire o
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by knowhowk: 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
kelvxyn:
Taking alcohol is different from being drunk.
U take alcohol but don't get drunk or abuse it. I see no prob with it....... It's only wen u get drunk n misbehave, it's totally wrong.
. Right ...

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by lekspot01(m): 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
Kestolove:
Forbidden religion
Guy why?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Bigfish121(m): 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
To all my real niggas out.you can contact me for your sure China aza.we credit with 50 naira.
Take some martini and dey alright.forget all these things wey them dey talk.who go go heaven go go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
I know of a religion that keeps you clear of all the vices you are thinking about, it's verses are explicit,clear enough for even the most dullest to understand, it's followers are increasing having discovered it is the truth from their Lord The Most High, beside Whom there is no partner. Those who disbelieve in it have no other reason except what they have been brainwashed to mis-conceive about it. Do I still need to tell you I am referring to ISLAM!

Accept the truth and don't be arrogant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
Nooil:

It's in the Bible o. Google it
no dey lie abeg
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
DownChelsea:
no dey lie abeg

Use Google na. You don't need to stress yourself searching the pages of the Bible, just use Google.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by tcharrisson(m): 12:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
You see op. Even if you gave a thousand and one reasons not to drink, I will still drink. Of all the sins that am guilty of, am sure drinking should be the least of Gods problem. Drinking is a sin, okay I will keep on commiting it. Case closed. Next person please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
jaksmillioniar:
I sware dis guy u are too daft.try get sence dis new year
Are you mad
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 12:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Nooil:

Use Google na. You don't need to stress yourself searching the pages of the Bible, just use Google.
oga no dey lie naaa. How can the bible instruct christians not to drink? Make una get fear of God naa
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
tcharrisson:
You see op. Even if you gave a thousand and one reasons not to drink, I will still drink. Of all the sins that am guilty of, am sure drinking should be the least of Gods problem. Drinking is a sin, okay I will keep on commiting it. Case closed. Next person please.
a perfect response for an op that has declared drinking to be a sin. Even when God didn’t make it a sin, he decided to take it upon himself to make it a sin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Neddyogu(m): 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
Eating food can lead to gluttony and constipation so christians should not eat.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Allwell96: 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
Thank God for saving me from alcoholism. I'm now healthier. It was really affecting my health. Stopping it has saved me lots of money. I used to spend not less than 20k every week on drink. When I drink, the next thing that comes to mind is woman. Now my wife is happy, I'm happy too cos I go home straight from work everyday. It will be good if men and women stay off alcohol... My advice.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
I know of a religion which keeps you away from all these vices you are thinking about. Its verses are clear enough for even the most dullest to comprehend {clearly defines what is lawful and unlawful}. It's followers are on the increase having realised that it is the truth from their Lord The Most High, beside Whom there is no partner. Those who do not believe in it only do so due to the misconceptions they have been brainwashed to have for it. Do I still need to tell you I'm referring to ISLAM!{The unadulterated religion}.

Have you ever read a translation of The Quran to know what others actually believe in, Or are you afraid of it?

Accept the truth and don't be arrogant!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Dagrace01(m): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
Thank GOD Galatians 5:21 says drunkenness not drinking! Drunkenness is what I believe GOD negates because a drunkard can do and undo. But getting a lil bit tipsy and funky isn't a sin and no body can ever tell me otherwise. But my friends pls drink responsibly.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
Allwell96:
Thank God for saving me from alcoholism. I'm now healthier. It was really affecting my health. Stopping it has saved me lots of money. I used to spend not less than 20k every week on drink. When I drink, the next thing that comes to mind is woman. Now my wife is happy, I'm happy too cos I go home straight from work everyday. It will be good if men and women stay off alcohol... My advice.
you are not the yardstick or standard. You can only speak for yourself. It’s good you know how detrimental drinking was to you. The advice should go to you alone. Since alcohol makes you think of women, stay off it. The case is not the same for everybody. I don’t even spend up to 1k on alcohol weekly compared to your 20k. Haba! Bros you were an addict, simple! Thank God you changed. But don’t advice men and women to stay off something as divine as alcohol merely because of your own personal “abusive” experience. Not everyone will abuse it like you did.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by BadBradley: 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
TundeKorede:

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/7-reasons-why-every-christian-must-stop-drinking-alcohol/
I stopped reading form the first verse when you were talking about Timothy.

You are a big, ignorant blindfolded fool. Spiritually and academically.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Realfrankie(m): 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
No even reason am

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Lassbati222(m): 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
Even Jesus drank Alcohol
Check Luke 7:33-34

"33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.

34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!"

If it wasn't Alcohol people will not complain, because there has been no place where people complain for taking Juice.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by DownChelsea(f): 12:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
If there’s anything I’m thankful for, its the fact that alcohol is neither a crime nor a sin.

I can’t wait to drink with Jesus and the angels in heaven.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Shikena(m): 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
This is why educated illiterates should never be in positions of influence. They add unnecessary complexities to simple situations.

Drinking and Drunkenness are two different things.
Eating and Gluttony are two different things.
Pride and Arrogance are two different things.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by wealthpreach(m): 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
TundeKorede:

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/7-reasons-why-every-christian-must-stop-drinking-alcohol/
dumb slow poke! Does everyone get drunk? Does everyone abuse alcohol?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Shikena(m): 1:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
DownChelsea:
you are not the yardstick or standard. You can only speak for yourself. It’s good you know how detrimental drinking was to you. The advice should go to you alone. Since alcohol makes you think of women, stay off it. The case is not the same for everybody. I don’t even spend up to 1k on alcohol weekly compared to your 20k. Haba! Bros you were an addict, simple! Thank God you changed. But don’t advice men and women to stay off something as divine as alcohol merely because of your own personal “abusive” experience. Not everyone will abuse it like you did.
Don't mind the ex-drunkard grin .

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Shikena(m): 1:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Beer is made from four basic ingredients: Barley, water, hops and yeast. The basic idea is to extract the sugars from grains (usually barley) so that the yeast can turn it into alcohol and CO2, creating beer. The brewing process starts with grains, usually barley (although sometimes wheat, rye or other such things.)

Drink responsibly, eat responsibly, sleep responsibly, drive responsibly, watch TV responsibly, talk responsibly. This is simple.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Cryptomoney(m): 1:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
DownChelsea:
If there’s anything I’m thankful for, its the fact that alcohol is neither a crime nor a sin.

I can’t wait to drink with Jesus and the angels in heaven.

Lol many funny comments, the thoughts of man as many as they are will always be different strokes for different folks cry kiss

Let's talk about making money this year from free cryptocurency airdrops, I have one that is currently paying $60 contact me on signature

We share legit airdrops & teach you how to earn real money from cryptocurrency. If you really want to learn more about cryptocurrency and become a guru in it start by claiming airdrops
Let's Connect, Learn And Earn.!!!!!

Stop this madness of alcohol intake what has come to stay has come to stay you can't change it but only moderate it...
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by CSTR2: 1:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Alcohol is not a sin. Drinking excessively is a sin.

But if you want to move with the anointing of the Holy Spirit, you would not drink.

That is a higher level
Ordinary Christians can drink moderately. Anointed Christians don't drink at all. The Holy Spirit does not function fully in a life given to alcohol.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Casham: 1:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
captainbell:
Na lie
Simple and short.����
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by sacx: 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
I don't take alcohol, and I won't lie to people under the cover of Christianity that it's a sin to do so. Only don't get yourself drunk
Re: 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol by Charles545: 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
Y'all should wait o...

The Bible mentioned wine as in wine! and not alcohol

All those talking about palm tree... How does drinking the wine freshly tapped from the tree alcoholic; what makes it alcoholic is when it has fermented

To me, the mixture and fermentation process of the whole thing wasn't what the Bible talked about ...but just wine in the real sense of wine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Healing Water Discovered In Nachi, Oji In Enugu State / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / Meet Pastor Joshua Momodu: "A Witch Visited My House As Bat" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.