Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. (2828 Views)

How To Handle Close Betrayal From Close Family Members [like A BOSS] / Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be a Close Friend With Single Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. by Madisonsqua(m): 12:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
Gynn:
Hello OP.

Don't let a single indiscretion from your dad make you forget he has consistently cared for you since your were a kid.

Like someone said, call him up. And talk it out with him.

And if you have strong mind, tell him you still trust him and send him another money to build the fence. That's after you have found a way to conform the land is truly yours

Secondly, family can feel entitled to your wealth. It's wrong, but it doesn't make them bad.

Just be careful. Be stingy sometimes. And manage your family expectations from you

Life is people. Don't throw away the relationship with your father because of a one off incident.

Remember, he trained you right from birth. That counts for something
thanks for that ... that stingy is the key word now....
Re: Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. by Madisonsqua(m): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
worworbabe:
The only thing you can do is forgive him and please try to forget.

Call Him.

It's hard and sad. I was recently in a similar situation but what did I do? I tried to remember all the other good things and not allow satan(shaytan) take advantage of this single incidence to create bad blood between my folks and I.

From what you have mentioned, he sent you to school and made you what you are today. Remember that some people never had a parent to do that for them.

Be grateful, forgive and forget. Have the conversation with him, let him know how you feel and also let him know that you forgive him.

Thanks .....already talked to him and I've zeroed my mind about him paying back .....but no more lavish support for family and projects on hold indefinitely....Jah bless everyone for your matured advice .... like the adage in yoruba...
I go keep all ur words of wisdom for my left hand....make I no take am chop

4 Likes

Re: Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 9:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
I don't know if this counts as betrayal. Our first born knew there was a guy I really like and the guy was stylishly making passes at me but never went straight to the point.

That was when In 100 level. When I was I was in 2oo level my got the news that my sister was going to get married to the guy.

At a point I stylishly told my mum my sister was getting married to my boyfriend but no one said anything. It broke me and I am still angry whenever I see my sister with him. They even have kids now. It really changed my acts towards my family sha. Maybe someday I will heal
Re: Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. by Madisonsqua(m): 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
7thLemonLOVER:
I don't know if this counts as betrayal. Our first born knew there was a guy I really like and the guy was stylishly making passes at me but never went straight to the point.

That was when In 100 level. When I was I was in 2oo level my got the news that my sister was going to get married to the guy.

At a point I stylishly told my mum my sister was getting married to my boyfriend but no one said anything. It broke me and I am still angry whenever I see my sister with him. They even have kids now. It really changed my acts towards my family sha. Maybe someday I will heal
well, I don't think u were in a relationship with the guy as he never really asked u out.....it would have been a betrayal if he had left u to marry ur sister after you've established a relationship with him.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. by eyinjuege: 12:20am On Jan 18, 2020
7thLemonLOVER:

He was never your boyfriend. He didn't even ask you out talkless of you refusing. You obviously liked him, and so did your sister. .
No need to feel betrayed. He was never yours to begin with, so just let it go. He is your brother in law now, and no good will come out of beefing the couple
Re: Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. by sayisayi(m): 1:45am On Jan 18, 2020
7thLemonLOVER:
I don't know if this counts as betrayal. Our first

At a point I stylishly told my mum my sister was getting married to my boyfriend but no one said heal

Moral of the story. Direct action is better than stylishly

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Said ,sex In 6months Time / . / Brides & Grooms To Be, This Is For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.