Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,740 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal (53883 Views)

Couples With Thriving Marriages, Please Share Your Story / Pregnant Women And Weird Cravings! Share Your Story About Anyone!! / Ever Been Betrayed By A Close Family Member? How Did You Get Over It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by QuinModah(f): 1:27am On Apr 14, 2020
People will betray you, you can't escape it. What is more important is that you come out Better

Have you being betrayed before? Share your story, you might heal

Use share so others can learn

While I was working for a company. I got diagnosed of a kidney infection and was admitted in the hospital for two weeks. I was staying with my father’s elder sister at the time because my parents were here in Abuja

Two weeks of constant drugs,drips and injections on my *you know* and guess what, my aunt and her family never came to visit for one day. My friends(even tho I didn’t have a lot of them) were to busy to come see me. No company representative to pay me a visit.

Everyday I would walk to the little store close to the hospital to buy biscuits and yoghurt because no one would bring them to me.

Betrayal hurts so bad because it never comes from strangers but those of your household.

This is why I recommend people live like they are alone on this planet. Have zero expectations. Any human can become anything at anytime.When u expect so much from people, betrayal is inevitable. Live ur life without expectations.

397 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by CoronaVirusPro: 1:31am On Apr 14, 2020
Went to my favourite spot to spoil my self only for them to tell me they had ran out of Guinness stout and Marlboro. Knowing fully well I will always check-in at 2.00am. I felt pained, hurt and betrayed. Almost had an accident driving back home. It was like my world was crashing right in front of me.

I couldn't imagine drinking somewhere else.

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by iFukSimplyleo: 1:37am On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:
Went to my favourite spot to spoil my self only for them to tell me they had ran out of Guinness stout and Marlboro. I felt pained and hurt. Almost had an accident driving back home. It was like my world was crashing right in front of me.

I couldn't imagine drinking somewhere else.
[/s]

145 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by yomi007k(m): 2:05am On Apr 14, 2020
The question i want to ask Op is;
1. Where were your parents during this event?
2. What sort of job did your do at that time? Do you know if she was having some problems of her own?

Atleast you should be grateful she took you to the hospital? Did she foot the bill too?

Just try and forgive them. Life is not easy. Im sure you know that by now.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by GreatResearcher1: 2:07am On Apr 14, 2020
QuinModah:
People will betray you, you can't escape it. What is more important is that you come out Better

Have you being betrayed before? Share your story, you might heal

Use share so others can learn

While I was working for a company. I got diagnosed of a kidney infection and was admitted in the hospital for two weeks. I was staying with my father’s elder sister at the time because my parents were here in Abuja

Two weeks of constant drugs,drips and injections on my *you know* and guess what, my aunt and her family never came to visit for one day. My friends(even tho I didn’t have a lot of them) were to busy to come see me. No company representative to pay me a visit.

Everyday I would walk to the little store close to the hospital to buy biscuits and yoghurt because no one would bring them to me.

Betrayal hurts so bad because it never comes from strangers but those of your household.

This is why I recommend people live like they are alone on this planet. Have zero expectations. Any human can become anything at anytime.When u expect so much from people, betrayal is inevitable. Live ur life without expectations.
Sory dear. So how is ur health now?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by SteveOfu: 2:23am On Apr 14, 2020
yomi007k:
The question i want to ask Op is;
1. Where were your parents during this event?
2. What sort of job did your do at that time? Do you know if she was having some problems of her own?

Atleast you should be grateful she took you to the hospital? Did she foot the bill too?

Just try and forgive them. Life is not easy. Im sure you know that by now.
There are people who have sworn never to help anyone again, they are not bad people, they had their reasons.

They had gone through phases of betrayals from people they held tight to their heart. Share your story if you can relate.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by yomi007k(m): 2:25am On Apr 14, 2020
SteveOfu:
There are people who have sworn never to help anyone again, they are not bad people, they had their reasons.

They had gone through phases of betrayals from people they held tight to their heart. Share your story if you can relate.

I quite agree with you.
Sometimes they just need to do it for the sake of humanity or God.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by OBelz(f): 2:36am On Apr 14, 2020
It was my birthday so I had a few friends around.

So I used the opportunity to introduce my best friend (she was my padi to the bone marrow) to my fiancé (now ex). She was so happy to meet him and I felt good because she had always wanted to meet with him. The party ended well and we all went home.

But after few days, kept getting calls and messages from this friend asking if I really want to settle down with this man. I wondered why she was really concerned and asking. So I asked her what is it that she isn’t telling me.

She said to me “Nothing was wrong”, I said, "are you sure?" She replied yes, she wants the best for me and she was just looking out for me. I didn’t bother asking again.

One very hot afternoon, my man(now ex) were together and he decided to tell and show me everything my supposed "best friend” said/wrote to him.

Firstly I was surprised how she got his number and I was so devastated.She told him I was no good for him because my family had issues and he would want that for him self.

Well I was flabbergasted to say the least now though �

The worst kind of hurt is betrayal, because it means that someone will willing to hurt you just to make themselves feel better.

Ever been betrayed? Tell us what happened and let's learn.

Ladies never introduce your friends to your man either ex, present or future.

167 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Olamsoh: 2:59am On Apr 14, 2020
OBelz:
It was my birthday so I had a few friends around.

So I used the opportunity to introduce my best friend (she was my padi to the bone marrow) to my fiancé (now ex). She was so happy to meet him and I felt good because she had always wanted to meet with him. The party ended well and we all went home.

But after few days, kept getting calls and messages from this friend asking if I really want to settle down with this man. I wondered why she was really concerned and asking. So I asked her what is it that she isn’t telling me.

She said to me “Nothing was wrong”, I said, "are you sure?" She replied yes, she wants the best for me and she was just looking out for me. I didn’t bother asking again.

One very hot afternoon, my man(now ex) were together and he decided to tell and show me everything my supposed "best friend” said/wrote to him.

Firstly I was surprised how she got his number and I was so devastated.She told him I was no good for him because my family had issues and he would want that for him self.

Well I was flabbergasted to say the least now though

The worst kind of hurt is betrayal, because it means that someone will willing to hurt you just to make themselves feel better.

Ever been betrayed? Tell us what happened and let's learn.

Ladies never introduce your friends to your man either ex, present or future.
This story reaffirms my principle when in a relationship. I don't want my friends to have a personal relationship with my woman.

And I don't want to have a personal relationship with my woman's friends. This is to avoid story that touch the heart.

148 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Olamsoh: 3:04am On Apr 14, 2020
When my dad retired from his regional managerial position in an oil company in 2007, things were super rosy for a bit and everyone (family & friends) were swarming around like bees to honey.

Fast forward 3 years later when Dad was duped in tens of millions, things started to wane and then we saw the harsh reality of life roared it's ugly head. Friends turned foes, family turned it's back.

My dad went for a major hip replacement surgery and was stranded in the hospital. Several calls to ex colleagues of his, friends etc seemed mission impossible and it was really surprising seeing these same people that flocked around and requested numerous favors from my dad act like they couldn't even recognize his name. My mum cried, my dad was bitter and there was this huge cloud of disappointment, disbelief and betrayal hanging over my family.

We felt Betrayed but better enough to use that as the fuel/energy for our comeback

277 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Pascopele: 3:23am On Apr 14, 2020
Immediately after the burial, a friend of mine that I trust so much on nairaland came to me that he needed help.

He needed 600K to tie up a business deal that his life and future depends on it. He promised to bring back the money in 2 months. I explained my financial situation to him and how its expensive to do burial in our tradition and all that.

But being who I am, I wouldn't want a friend to pass up an opportunity so I approached my elder brother who in turn called a friend to lend me the money because my elder. My elder bro trust me with all he is got.

While collecting the 600K, I told them I will repay in two months time instead of the one month my friend told me.

One month elapsed and he didn't bring the money, I gave him grace of another two weeks hoping I will meet up with. The time I gave my elder bro and his friend.

One month elapsed and my dear friend behaved as if I am putting unnecessary pressure on him, saying ," Pasco, you chill na, I go arrange the bar give you, just exercise some patient a little longer", I don't like reneging on my words so I looked for someone on nairaland who borrowed me 600K in exchange for my 8 months salary starting from August last year to March

Those 8 months are the toughest period of my life. I was grieving my dad and couldn't support my mom the way I wanted to and couldn't explain it to anyone. Not even my elder bro knew what happened.

I swallowed it like man and was barely surviving for those 8 months.

I was Betrayed and he is still owing me.

I no swear o! But e go hard for me to stick my neck out for another like that and I learnt.

Lesson: Love all trust none. I don't borrow people money again. I give up on helping people. I swear but we move ✌️

354 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Leezah(f): 3:34am On Apr 14, 2020
Reading the stories on the trend, I learnt the following:
� The people who can hurt us the most are those we call friends because they have every detailed information about us.
� In a relationship, whatever that's going on is between you and your partner. There should be no third parties involved. Do not get your friends too close to your partner.
� Curtail information you feed to friends and some family members too because people are not what we think they are.
� Learn to give your trust to those who have earned it.

2012 was a learning seasons for me. I housed a friend in UAE not knowing he does drugs until the day he was caught. He dribbled the police to call and send signal to my very good friend and next door neighbor to ask him to dispose of the stuffs in the house & ask me and everyone there to leave as well. But reason best known to him, he came and took some bags away, informed the people in the other room of the situation and left me and my boyfriend as we were watching a movie

For all we know, he went down to buy some groceries. Angry that he had wasted time and that he sent someone to carry his bag without telling me. Angry to myself too for even letting him carry the bag out. Weird as it was but I kept quiet.

After some time this friend and next door neighbor called me to his room where he sat with his wife both scooping beans into their mouths, told me that I should stay calm as my friend has been arrested & will be coming with police for questioning but I shouldn’t fret but answer them, not seeing anything wrong in answering police questions, I went back to my crib.

Some minutes later, we got a bang and it was hefty CID personnels with my friend in chains. He almost ran back on seeing us (he did not expect to see us after his warnings) but they pushed him in asked if we knew him & I said yes. Asked for his bag and I showed them his portion of the wardrobe but as they flipped his cloths what they found gave me shivers. My friend called them to whisper what I later knew he asked them to take him & leave every other person

Truth is, I have seen many drug movies. Men brought packages out and the stupid me was asking them what it was. They said calmly that it’s ashish. All the calmness left when they opened his bag under the bed and found the main thing, different kinds and packages. We were bundled, for the first time in my life I was handcuffed but also chained with the drug cocaine lord in my house.

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by lavylilly: 4:05am On Apr 14, 2020
Obelz

So something similar to @Obelz happened to me back in 2018

I and a friend of mine met a guy in a place we where working and she told me how he has been singing my praise and that he would like to date me And she even got pregnant for him but had an abortion.

I was hurt took me months to recover but am better now
I broke up with him, deleted her number, and this year she sent me a msg on IG
But we can't be friends anymore and i keep a very small circle now.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by IyaTola: 4:16am On Apr 14, 2020
Someone we referred to as our uncle was in the position to help me get a government job after my NYSC in 2009.
My child was 2+ and I desperately needed the job
His undergrad daughter got it
I was hurt but resolved not to depend on anyone anymore

Real situations will always reveal fake people, all you need to do is pay attention.

Dear Fellow Nigerians

Come 2023 politicians will come begging for our votes. Pls ask them

During Covid-19 lockdown did you do vigilante with me?

Did you give me food or money?

Did Nepa bring 24hrs electricity?

If the answer is yes then vote for them. #LagosUrest

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Fheelzz(m): 4:33am On Apr 14, 2020
sad
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Saintmary(f): 4:55am On Apr 14, 2020
Betrayal stories, where do I start from?
Seriously, you'd think I'm a hundred years old.
What matters most is learning from those experiences. The funny thing is, after one situation has come and gone, a totally different situation will rear it's head and you wonder, "na only me waka come?"

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by zionmde: 4:56am On Apr 14, 2020
Had a friend in school, were so close to each other, people will call us brothers. I had a major breakdown just after service, me being someone that hardly ask help from people because of my growing up experience. He was d only one I had to run to. he promised to call me back, but after 2 days he never did, he also refused to pick my calls. I knew how hunger handled my life dat period but I was most broken because of d fact that someone I called a brother could turn his back on me so easily
that experience alone made me learn never to depend on anyone.

fast forward to some years later, he contacted me pretending he didn't know wat happened, I poured everything to his face, forgave him and moved on

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by Angelacruz: 5:09am On Apr 14, 2020
Intersting thread

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by ProtectMyMoney: 5:16am On Apr 14, 2020
I see this thread going to front page in the morning even if our Prophets could not see Corona virus affecting the whole world in the early part of 2020.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by GeneralPula: 5:24am On Apr 14, 2020
This op create thread... He-she cum use lie start am. sad
Re: Have You Been Betrayed Before? Share Your Story, You Might Heal by lordweezy(m): 5:47am On Apr 14, 2020
Chai inside life

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / I Can’t Bear My Husband’s Strong Sexual Urge: Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.