Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ (69296 Views)

Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders / Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by tot(f): 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
greenprince:

The UK isn't that cold plus most public transport systems are well heated. I bet he got used to it too. A place like Ukraine, Finland or Kazakhstan then hypothermia may have had its way a long time ago.

True but temperatures drop quite low at night, and the heating on the bus can not be compared to what you have in a home and can control yourself. The poor guy. I feel for him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by KIDfurniture(m): 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by juman(m): 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Oh oh oh.
He wasted much of his life.

If he moved around with right people he would have lived a better life.
Getting job and place to stay would not have been difficult.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by homirefacuny(m): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

And do what? To come and face harsher one here now we have Buhari as a president.
Presently, sleeping in Buses in UK is far better than sleeping in a mansion in Banana island, Lagos.
Serene environment, security fully at alert, good paying jobs to sustain, no stray bullets from untrained policemen, but in Banana island, flood fit come your bedroom come carry you enter sea.

Homelessness is no joke in Western world o. Wtf you saying man?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by ekerintee: 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youthleader22:

I don't know but an average nigeran living abroad can't afford a land in banana island.pls Google cost of land in banana island.$6 million dollars .can an average Nigerian doing average job abroad avoid such ?unless somebody doing earning well or collected a bank loan or doing some illegal things.i stand to be corrected

You don't know the meaning of the word AZA? Omo most of the money dey come naija except the ones who wants to live and die there.
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by sleek214(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

And do what? To come and face harsher one here now we have Buhari as a president.
Presently, sleeping in Buses in UK is far better than sleeping in a mansion in Banana island, Lagos.
Serene environment, security fully at alert, good paying jobs to sustain, no stray bullets from untrained policemen, but in Banana island, flood fit come your bedroom come carry you enter sea.
good paying job and he is living in a bus I pray God gives you small money so you can travel and see what many Nigerians go through abroad. Many Nigerians in Nigeria are doing better than many Nigerians abroad. I've traveled to Europe for vacations and Nigerians are suffering there.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by favour32(m): 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
SweetBuns:

No doubt

You're mentally slow
Why u reply dat mumu sef?
U for leave d mentally #retarded small pikin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by juniorstar(m): 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
guess uk is his own form of promise land. he just need to have a family, but mehn at 55
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Commentor: 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
PrecisionFx:

21 wasted years in the U.K is better than living in nigeria grin grin

Therefore you are suffering.
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Sunnydoo: 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
why not put your name when you didn't know the real? why put sunny?
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by millionboi2: 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

Do u know wat is 21years?
Country bad country bad na if u no hole money

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Elxandre(m): 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
IpobAntidote:
[s][/s]

Mumu of the highest order.

Many many Oyinbos from the Europe, UK and the US are living in Nigeria and loving it.

Even I as US citizen who has seen so many cities and countries around the world prefer and LOVES living in NIGERIA.

Pls emancipate yourself from your mental slavery.
You have seen many cities in the world but never learned to love all tribes.
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by millionboi2: 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
merits:
must you go abroad? nonsense! I prefer my local champion here abeg.
better I'm a king at home ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Sirseedorf(m): 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
21 year khe

This one na time waster o, baba NLA time wasting
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by ekerintee: 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
Esseite:
55 - 21 = 34...

21 years wasted just like that.i have met several Nigerians who passed thru some similar things .there is a part of the story you will not see in media .I think it's a ploy by most countries to waste life's,they waste people's life intentionally and make some of the asylum seekers go through psychological problems.i am so sure that this man will be going thru some psychological problems.these people are no longer thesame ,they are mentally sick due to what they go thru and sometimes they incur some diseases thru what they had undergone .the media would not tell you that the man is undergoing some sort of medical treatment,they would not tell you he is suffering from acute pneumonia ,they would only tell you that he has finally be granted asylum.yes he gain a right to live in UK but what did he lose in return .he lost 21 years ,he might have lost his health ,lost families,what kind of job can he do at such age,is his strength stil as 21 years ago.sometimes nigerians don't think deep .one day is really important and something meaningful can be achieved within one year ,not to talk of 21 years.

He may have lived a better life in Nigeria , if only he was not scared of "them say" "them say" or even come back to try other countries..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by millionboi2: 6:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
naijacutee:
There are so many people like these. No family, lost touch back home because of shame. Some of your relatives abroad you have lost touch with are not lost. This is their reality
hahahaha

Very true
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by nextstep(m): 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
People say: we are suffering. But the roads are clogged with cars. The clubs are clogged with merry makers. Estates are popping up all over the country. All kinds of phones are everywhere. People have enough money to post videos on social media. People are flying all over the country and in/out. Dubai is like Oshodi bus stop. All kinds of good movies are being made. New private universities are coming up (and people are paying).

I'm fully convinced that this poverty is of the mind. Yes there are people suffering, but there are so many more not suffering that I cannot accept that there are no opportunities.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Commentor:

Therefore you are suffering.

All Nigerians are.
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by 1Sharon(f): 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Was it worth it? undecided

21 yrs off his life wasted

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by izubext007: 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
Him No Baf
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by millionboi2: 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
RealGOAT:
How some people reasons baffles me. That you are making it here due to some opportunity that came your way through family or friends is not always the same with every other person.
Better for him because he might have been dead by now if he had decided to return home or still struggling for ends meet.
even with opportunity u must at one point have ur share of life.

Don't forget d opportunity comes with pressure as u have to maintain ur status quo why holding on it.

#my broda hustle oooo....nobody was born with money

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by millionboi2: 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
obailala:
People deliberately subjecting themselves to pathetic lives all because they swore they must live abroad. Wasted years that can never be recovered! Nonsense!
precious time to live
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Commentor: 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
PrecisionFx:

All Nigerians are.

Not all Nigerians.

Speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by PassingShot(m): 6:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

You must have thought you made any sense with this rubbish here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by lograr(m): 6:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
cry
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by millionboi2: 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youthleader22:

Everyone saying he wasted his youthful years are ignorant of who human are. Not everyone wants to be very rich and popular. I'm sure what he wanted was to live a simple life and the love of the city of London gave him that idea of staying back.

I have uncles and also know of so many people living in UK and USA doing very well but they never step thier foot in Nigeria. So what are we talking about?
inferiority

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Ekeletu: 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
afroniger:

As in eh? Talk about 21-yrs wasted, on top wetin??
His friends he left behind in Nigeria are CEOs. One is a Brig.Gen in the Nigerian Army

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by millionboi2: 6:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Don't forget that life expectancy in naija is said to be below 55yrs. But at 55 years this man life has just begun!

If u check very well, all his mates he started with while in the hobbesian-like so called "giant of Africa" might b no more.
hahaha
U didn't read d story

Or do u wish ur broda end like him?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by millionboi2: 6:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pedrotina11:
People are very obvious...learn to think outside the box...this man has been working, do u knw whether he is using it as a trick to save enough, he can sleep in bus, beg for food so that he can save up enough money for 21 years, and nw he has a permanent stay...this man can come back to Nigeria tomorrow and erect a powerful mansion...lol I laff some people...because this is something I can do..go abroad struggle save enough..I dnt care wat I do to struggle becos nobody knws me there...life is wisdom..
no child

And how many years do u tink he has to enjoy d money now.

Some of u once u hear abroad,ur reasoning will lock.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Ekeletu: 6:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
nextstep:
People say: we are suffering. But the roads are clogged with cars. The clubs are clogged with merry makers. Estates are popping up all over the country. All kinds of phones are everywhere. People have enough money to post videos on social media. People are flying all over the country and in/out. Dubai is like Oshodi bus stop. All kinds of good movies are being made. New private universities are coming up (and people are paying).

I'm fully convinced that this poverty is of the mind. Yes there are people suffering, but there are so many more not suffering that I cannot accept that there are no opportunities.
Don't mind the lazy ones

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Pedrotina11: 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
millionboi2:
no child

And how many years do u tink he has to enjoy d money now.

Some of u once u hear abroad,ur reasoning will lock.

Sorry for u...Nigerian pensioners that work for 35years..some are 60 years old and the govt give them 3 million as pensions... Can 3 mil do Anytin, How many years do the pensioners have to enjoy the money They end up dying in this hellhole...some even die before collecting the pension..abroad is far better than thus hell hole....the man would be well taking care of in his old age becos he is a citizen...he would go to the home of the elderly and live a peaceful life with light good economy...abeg the diff is clear.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by franchasng: 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

Has Nigeria become that bad shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Yellow Fever Card / Nigerian Lady Meets & Walks With The PM Of Netherlands On Her Way To Work (Vid) / Nigerian Man Gives A Tour Of ‘five Star’ Graveyard Where He Works In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.