Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ (69274 Views)

Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders / Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by ekerintee: 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hmmm,how many people stay in mansion in europe.do you know what it cost to own a mansion in Europe.how many Nigerians staying abroad can afford to buy a house in banana island .some Nigerians think Europe or living abroad means life is easy or money falls on road.if you are in nigeria and can afford to live in banana island.coming abroad may be suffering.The truth is that there are some people in Nigeria doing far better than those abroad

quote author=Pedrotina11 post=85736377]

I once visited it and it was everytin I saw on T.V.[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by tomju(m): 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
ruggedtimi:
inspiring

Leave to remain? To do what? Continue living in buses? Hmmm, that kind of ILR omo i no need am. I'lll rather live elsewhere and spend money visiting frequently, than live in the city and suffer like a slave in the village.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by nextstep(m): 5:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
Chaleeee:

Where are people making it big all over the country? Abeg show me the place. Where are the opportunities? Or you mean opportunity to commit suicide?

Who owns the thousands of factories in Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Anambra? No be human being? What about all the large farms sprouting about, being done by youths? Those new tech startups that we were were just boasting about yesterday (which are more than in South Africa)? All those established, new, upcoming artists? Have you seen the level of construction around the country? Estates, country homes, business offices, hospitals? By private individuals.

I can point to several Instagram ladies making good money selling hair, shoes, bags. Comedians nko? Bloggers nko? This nairaland? Travel agency owners? Record labels? Movie industry? These are all things being done by relatively young Nigerians.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by debbysure01(m): 5:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
That was too bad....21 years that can never be recovered again....Now that he has been given leave, will money just be flowing into his pocket automatically...He will still have to work, even at his old age.

Check my signature

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by OyinO: 5:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
Heaven/Haven is Europe while Hell is Africa. So people run away to escape hell by going to Haven/Heaven. Shame on African leaders and the dumb youths following and supporting them. The land flowing with milk and honey is Africa, and nowhere else. Look at the international disgrace of AFRICA'S TOP CRUDE OIL EXPORTER.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by ACE1010: 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

And do what? To come and face harsher one here now we have Buhari as a president.
Presently, sleeping in Buses in UK is far better than sleeping in a mansion in Banana island, Lagos.
Serene environment, security fully at alert, good paying jobs to sustain, no stray bullets from untrained policemen, but in Banana island, flood fit come your bedroom come carry you enter sea.

cheesy grin grin

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Btruth: 5:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
That's few months older than my daughter. But I doubt if that is possible sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Nmezor(f): 5:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hmmm, he finally got wat he was seeking for, delay aint denial more or less cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Pedrotina11: 5:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
People are very obvious...learn to think outside the box...this man has been working, do u knw whether he is using it as a trick to save enough, he can sleep in bus, beg for food so that he can save up enough money for 21 years, and nw he has a permanent stay...this man can come back to Nigeria tomorrow and erect a powerful mansion...lol I laff some people...because this is something I can do..go abroad struggle save enough..I dnt care wat I do to struggle becos nobody knws me there...life is wisdom..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Lonelyloner: 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
Patrioticman007:
Lie's that Nigerians make, just to secure asylum is too childish. Imagine that a military head of state will cut off his head, if he goes back to Nigeria, even Nnamdi won't get that punishment.
One mumu said the Emir of Aba will force him, to convert to Muslim, once he steps foot on Nigeria.

One said the Sultan of sokoto, won't allow him to enjoy, his gay rights in Nigeria.
It baffles me these insidious kids sleep at night.

My brother, the lies are just too funny and ridiculous, yet these people buy them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by baslone: 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

And do what? To come and face harsher one here now we have Buhari as a president.
Presently, sleeping in Buses in UK is far better than sleeping in a mansion in Banana island, Lagos.
Serene environment, security fully at alert, good paying jobs to sustain, no stray bullets from untrained policemen, but in Banana island, flood fit come your bedroom come carry you enter sea.

Dantata, Kola Abiola, Adenuga, Iyabo Obasanjo, Dangote..... all live in Banana Island. Has any of them ever reported a flood problem?

Dey console yourself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by kennyfem(m): 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fretzerr:
Get full control of your vehicle(s) at a very affordable price with our high performance devices. You dont break a sweat at all as our devices are all automated with technologically advanced features to take care of your vehicles' security at all times!

Major Features of our car Tracking devices:

1. Engine cut off with an SMS command: you can turn off your car from anywhere, even abroad with just a simple SMS command, and you must activate it before the vehicle will start up again.

2. Real time Tracking both online and offline: You can track your car offline with an SMS or offline on an application. This application comes embedded with highly advanced landmarks/Maps to give you a great deal of accuracy. You can track your car anywhere.

3. Geo Fencing: you can limit your car to a particular zone. Taking it out of that zone sends you an alert of trips it off.

4. Spy on the occupants of the vehicle with built in mic. You can listen in on their conversations from anywhere.

5. Low Battery/Battery disconnect alert. Your car alerts you whenever the battery is low or disconnected and sends you location.

6. Overspeed alert: you car notifies you whenever the set speed limit is exceeded. This is great for transport/Haulage companies that wish to check the speed of their drivers.

[b]Price is 35.000 naira

We have offices all over the states in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by kennyfem(m): 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
Contact
Fretzerr:
Get full control of your vehicle(s) at a very affordable price with our high performance devices. You dont break a sweat at all as our devices are all automated with technologically advanced features to take care of your vehicles' security at all times!

Major Features of our car Tracking devices:

1. Engine cut off with an SMS command: you can turn off your car from anywhere, even abroad with just a simple SMS command, and you must activate it before the vehicle will start up again.

2. Real time Tracking both online and offline: You can track your car offline with an SMS or offline on an application. This application comes embedded with highly advanced landmarks/Maps to give you a great deal of accuracy. You can track your car anywhere.

3. Geo Fencing: you can limit your car to a particular zone. Taking it out of that zone sends you an alert of trips it off.

4. Spy on the occupants of the vehicle with built in mic. You can listen in on their conversations from anywhere.

5. Low Battery/Battery disconnect alert. Your car alerts you whenever the battery is low or disconnected and sends you location.

6. Overspeed alert: you car notifies you whenever the set speed limit is exceeded. This is great for transport/Haulage companies that wish to check the speed of their drivers.

[b]Price is 35.000 naira

We have offices all over the states in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
afroniger:

As in eh? Talk about 21-yrs wasted, on top wetin??

21 wasted years in the U.K is better than living in nigeria grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by greenprince(m): 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
Despite everything, crime was NEVER an option

I respect his character

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by ekerintee: 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
Sometimes some people ridicule nigeria because they have not gone out,when you ask nigerians abroad.they will tell you know place like home.even as bad as Nigeria is,it's still a good place .Every country has its own problem.The best place to make money is Africa,not abroad.Every cent you make abroad goes back to their economy.you work your life out to sustain their economy.while Nigerians are sleeping ,some of the people working abroad are already at work.do you know people wake up so early to work in some places doing tedious work and sleep late and because they send you money .you think life is easy for them.Do you know how many work some Nigerians are doing to survive .do you know the kind of racism they go thru.do you think they are given hundred percent opportunities abroad.some spend several years abroad with nothing to show.do you know there are many people who have spent 30 years abroad without having houses abroad.they build house in Nigeria and when they build house.do you think many can afford to build a house in banana island .I am not saying some cant afford it.the truth is that most Nigerians abroad are just average people abroad and not extremely rich

quote author=Keemsleek005 post=85736229]

Blessed on your comment, while someone just said it's better to live on the bus in UK then live at banana island. It's well. [/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by tot(f): 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
greenprince:
Despite everything, crime was NEVER an option

I respect his character

So very true. Much respect to him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by tot(f): 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
I wonder how he coped during the winter with all that cold. Glad he has a chance to start a new chapter of his life.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Youthleader22(m): 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Go to www.urheadnocorrect.com

With your quote I thought you actually had sense.
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Lydiason(m): 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
N

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Youthleader22(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2020
ekerintee:
Sometimes some people ridicule nigeria because they have not gone out,when you ask nigerians abroad.they will tell you know place like home.even as bad as Nigeria is,it's still a good place .Every country has its own problem.The best place to make money is Africa,not abroad.Every cent you make abroad goes back to their economy.you work your life out to sustain their economy.while Nigerians are sleeping ,some of the people working abroad are already at work.do you know people wake up so early to work in some places doing tedious work and sleep late and because they send you money .you think life is easy for them.Do you know how many work some Nigerians are doing to survive .do you know the kind of racism they go thru.do you think they are given hundred percent opportunities abroad.some spend several years abroad with nothing to show.do you know there are many people who have spent 30 years abroad without having houses abroad.they build house in Nigeria and when they build house.do you think many can afford to build a house in banana island .I am not saying some cant afford it.the truth is that most Nigerians abroad are just average people abroad and not extremely rich

quote author=Keemsleek005 post=85736229]

Blessed on your comment, while someone just said it's better to live on the bus in UK then live at banana island. It's well.

You don't know the meaning of the word AZA? Omo most of the money dey come naija except the ones who wants to live and die there.
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by greenprince(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2020
nextstep:

Who owns the thousands of factories in Lagos, Ogun, Kano, Anambra? No be human being? What about all the large farms sprouting about, being done by youths? Those new tech startups that we were were just boasting about yesterday (which are more than in South Africa)? All those established, new, upcoming artists? Have you seen the level of construction around the country? Estates, country homes, business offices, hospitals? By private individuals.

I can point to several Instagram ladies making good money selling hair, shoes, bags. Comedians nko? Bloggers nko? This nairaland? Travel agency owners? Record labels? Movie industry? These are all things being done by relatively young Nigerians.

You are not thinking holistically. How many of us can be Wizkid and Burna boy? How many people can the entertainment and comedy circle accommodate? We're talking opportunities available for millions and not a select few. Ask yourself where all your high school or college graduates are today. How many are feeding off what they studied?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by higgs: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2020
Sickening
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by greenprince(m): 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
tot:
I wonder how he coped during the winter with all that cold. Glad he has a chance to start a new chapter of his life.

The UK isn't that cold plus most public transport systems are well heated. I bet he got used to it too. A place like Ukraine, Finland or Kazakhstan then hypothermia may have had its way a long time ago.
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by omoadeleye(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

So are you facing harsher one now?
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by jabolo(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
The first thing he'll do after obtaining that "Leave to Remain" is to buy a ticket to Nigeria to come and 'flex', never mind the imaginary death sentence.

These people hurt our country and its image more than you can imagine with their personal selfishness IMHO.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Hypocrit: 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
Esseite:

Atleast he would have died trying like majority of us..
just as 21yrs of his life died trying to be accepted. Is it not thesame thing as die trying? Individuals have varying perculiar needs. But mind you, i am never in support of his actions, because i cant do that my self. I just wanted us to see it from different aspect.
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Sheriman(m): 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
grin grin May God help us all.
<a href="http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Lqbw6dfS" target="_parent">New User Gifts</a>
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Commentor: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

Why not make your way to London then?

It's not as if you have a place on Banana Island.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by nextstep(m): 6:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
greenprince:

You are not thinking holistically. How many of us ca ne Wizkid and Burna boy? How many people can the entertainment and comedy circle accommodate? We're talking opportunities available for millions and not a select few. Ask yourself where all your high school or college graduates are today. How many are feeding off what they studied?

30 years ago (1990), I could count on two hands the number of popular artists we had.
in 2000, that number was probably around 20-30
2010, more like 50 or so.
2020, judge for yourself.
Multiply by the number of producers, song writers, etc in the music industry. It's exploding.
Do the same thing for our video industry. Have you seen the latest Hollywood movies (Wedding Party, King of Boys, Makete Must Sell, just to mention some of my recent favs). Most of the faces in these movies were not around 10 years ago. The space is expanding. Then think of the increase in the number of people (camera, gaffer, director, costuming, planning, editing, etc) being employed.

If in 1990 everybody said the space for comedians, musicians, factories, farms, etc is too small, we won't be where we are today. In the same way, people shouldn't really say the space is too small now.

OK, take factories. Let me not even talk about the large ones. Every small estate these days has several factory of sorts: if it's not pure water, it's soap, or toilet tissue, or windows, or shoe, sachet making, plastic chair, etc.

Have you seen the packaging on kuli kuli these days? Most people didn't think about it, but there were a handful who said: "let's package this stuff and sell it upscale". So some started factories to make the plastic package, some to print, and some to put kuli kuli in the package for retail. Right now I have Maiyaki's (Niger State) and MarySoph (Lagos) kuli kuli in my kitchen. See https://kuli-and-kilishi-hub.business.site
Somebody else started selling dried mangoes in upscale packaging from her bungalow in Surulere and is now a force http://reelfruit.com/about-us/

These are small businesses started by people who saw opportunity.

I realize a lot of people aren't meant to go out and be entrepreneurs, but in order for there to be jobs, there need to be entrepreneurs, and I'm encouraging people to see that the sky is still very very wide. We are no way near saturation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Passionate888: 6:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Is it a one time payment or one is expected to pay on a monthly basis?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

African Migrants Hiding Inside Dashboard And Engine / Yellow Fever Card / Nigerian Lady Meets & Walks With The PM Of Netherlands On Her Way To Work (Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.