Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ (69264 Views)

Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders / Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by ngwababe(f): 5:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fretzerr:
Come back home then

Una get bus where person fit sleep a night in this country?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Casham: 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youthleader22:
The beauty of the story is that he didn't for once taught of returning to Nigeria. It took him many years and he turned a good person. He didn't allow the harshness of poverty or frustration make him a gangsta. He was good and the people saw the kindness in him and helped him.
May our helper locate us this year 2020. IJN. Amen.
Ok, sometimes I am proud we have people who see things from some better angle. I was condemning the man for wasting his years in a foreign land without seeing this angle you just pointed out. Thank You.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Pedrotina11: 5:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
IpobAntidote:
[s][/s]

Mumu of the highest order.

Many many Oyinbos from the Europe, UK and the US are living in Nigeria and loving it.

Even I as US citizen who has seen seen so many cities and countries around the world prefer and LOVES living in NIGERIA.

Pls emancipate yourself from your mental slavery.

Oshey U.S citizen.....nice one.....pls I want to be a U.S citizen like u so I can post this kind tin like u..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Keemsleek005(m): 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
seunmsg:
He wasted 21 years of his life. If he had returned home, there is a possibility he would made something significant of his life during that period.

Opportunities abounds everywhere in Nigeria and people are making it big all over the country. Anyway, congratulations to him for finally getting the “leave to remain” in the UK. At least, he can start life all over again at 55. We never can tell what he can achieve before 70.

Blessed on your comment, while someone just said it's better to live on the bus in UK then live at banana island. It's well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Pedrotina11: 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
Casham:

Ok, sometimes I am proud we have people who see things from some better angle. I was condemning the man for wasting his years in a foreign land without seeing this angle you just pointed out. Thank You.

Uwc..glad I can make an impact

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by RaptorX: 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
philip0906:

Some of you talk like you're unintelligent (no offence).

Like look at this human saying sleeping in London buses is far better than sleeping in a mansion in Banana island?

What kind of fvckery and senile posit is that?

Look at the number of likes he got, they are delusional if they think sleeping on a bus for 21 years is life. The oyinbo brainwashing of Africans is very strong.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Pedrotina11: 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
crackhouse:
Sunny sunny. Sunny Wey no get sense.

Said by crack house...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by GMbuharii: 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fretzerr:
Come back home then

Village people...holy Ghost faya!!!!!!!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Kingluqman(m): 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
Fretzerr:
Come back home then
You think that would be easier inside Danfo buses or even BRT. Sunny, abeg die there... even your dead body in Nigeria is not safe.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by EgusiShankly: 5:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
SweetBuns:

No doubt
You're mentally slow
they do this things for attention/likes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
Esseite:
55 - 21 = 34...

He may have lived a better life in Nigeria , if only he was not scared of "them say" "them say" or even come back to try other countries..

the authority made sure he was useless

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by EgusiShankly: 5:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
SweetBuns:

No doubt
You're mentally slow
they do this things for attention/likes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Pedrotina11: 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
RaptorX:
Hope you are joking, how can sleeping on a London bus better than sleeping in a Banana Island mansion. You people just stay in Nigeria and be creating illusions of this oyinbo countries that you have never visited, only what you know from hearsays and what you see on the television.

I once visited it and it was everytin I saw on T.V.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by LyfeJennings(m): 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
21years fun kini
He made an extremely poor decision

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by ekerintee: 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
[quote author=Davash222 post=85735374
Can you read thru what you wrote,if you experienced it.you will know it's not better.i met somebody like that,I will tell you that it's the worst kind of life you can think even for your enemy.do you know the temperature outside in Europe ,do you know know how cold it is .do you think there are no crime in UK or europe.do you think you are 100 percent safe as a black in Europe .when you have a roof over your head ,you need to thank God and not be saying sleeping in bus is better than staying in a mansion in banana island.not many people experienced what he experienced and survived it .they died of cold and one disease or the other.sometimes I wonder the way Nigerians think

And do what? To come and face harsher one here now we have Buhari as a president.
Presently, sleeping in Buses in UK is far better than sleeping in a mansion in Banana island, Lagos.
Serene environment, security fully at alert, good paying jobs to sustain, no stray bullets from untrained policemen, but in Banana island, flood fit come your bedroom come carry you enter sea.[/quote]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by nextstep(m): 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2020
21 years ago was 1999. Which military regime kept him from coming back since then?
His peers are DGs, managers, business owners in all kinds of fields now. Is it now he will start building towards retirement?

My people, please don't go and waste your life in obodo oyinbo. The best situation is those who hustle and make it here, and can visit that side any bloody time they want.

People say no jobs, no opportunities... There are tons of people making it big in legitimate businesses, so unless you're waiting for a job to land in your lap, you need to go out and seize the multitude of opportunities out there.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Pedrotina11: 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youthleader22:

Ibo men I know is not that useless. They are very hardworking a goal getters. Just see them in my country they in. They always making it. That person must be a Yoruba man. I have seen most of them abroad and thier slow way of life. He's definitely Yoruba.

Ur very correct..his real name is babatunde aka sunny...his news is online with his real name.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Dicktionary: 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
grin

My wonderful years of travelling (Africa, Europe, Asia and the America's). I discovered that Most Nigerian are very Foolishly, languishing and Suffering in another man's Land.

Some are in Prisons, Living in Abandoned Structures, Hiding in Clubs like Rats etc.

Bunch of Idiots, Locuras, M.U.M.U, Swine's etc

I do associate myself with Nigerians abroad, if am there officially, but if my trip is not Official, I can never use my Nigeria passport, I stop using it for personal trip since 2017, because of Some Nigerian, that don't deserve to be called Humans.

This Country have failed no one, but some of her Citizens have really failed the Country Home and Abroad.

Nigeria is Blessed but it's quit unfortunate, that we have Scumbags Citizens, who are Cursed to Disgrace us Home and Abroad.

Smh
ooooooD!ck

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by ooohoo: 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
SweetBuns:

No doubt

You're mentally slow

Haha.....you saw that guy's line too. When I did, I was like who in hell would think of this in the first place?! Most Nigerians always use every opportunity to ridicule their country. Banana Island of all places. My first visit to that Island made me accept that truly all fingers are not equal.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by abdullkabar(m): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
Seeing some childish comments, you wonder!!
How will you waste 21 years sleeping in buses with no certainty of your stay granted.
Do you know how many skills he might have learnt, how many opportunities he might have come by, and he might have also died too sha.

There is no other way to tongue coat it, its STUPIDITY.
Life is hard in Nigeria, life is hard in Nigeria but people are making it(even tho it might be averagely)
One should not be afraid to live life
Too much is too much(21 years, haba!!)

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Hypocrit: 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
Esseite:
55 - 21 = 34...

He may have lived a better life in Nigeria , if only he was not scared of "them say" "them say" or even come back to try other countries..
Or maybe he would have been killed in Nigeria. Just maybe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Youthleader22(m): 5:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Casham:

Everyone saying he wasted his youthful years are ignorant of who human are. Not everyone wants to be very rich and popular. I'm sure what he wanted was to live a simple life and the love of the city of London gave him that idea of staying back.

I have uncles and also know of so many people living in UK and USA doing very well but they never step thier foot in Nigeria. So what are we talking about?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
Eeeya, God bless him

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hypocrit:
Or maybe he would have been killed in Nigeria. Just maybe.

Atleast he would have died trying like majority of us..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Chaleeee: 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
seunmsg:
He wasted 21 years of his life. If he had returned home, there is a possibility he would made something significant of his life during that period.

Opportunities abounds everywhere in Nigeria and people are making it big all over the country. Anyway, congratulations to him for finally getting the “leave to remain” in the UK. At least, he can start life all over again at 55. We never can tell what he can achieve before 70.

Where are people making it big all over the country? Abeg show me the place. Where are the opportunities? Or you mean opportunity to commit suicide?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Youthleader22(m): 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Ur very correct..his real name is babatunde aka sunny...his news is online with his real name.

Do you have any link to it? I will like to verify.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
philip0906:

Some of you talk like you're unintelligent (no offence).

Like look at this human saying sleeping in London buses is far better than sleeping in a mansion in Banana island?

What kind of fvckery and senile posit is that?

Don't forget that life expectancy in naija is said to be below 55yrs. But at 55 years this man life has just begun!

If u check very well, all his mates he started with while in the hobbesian-like so called "giant of Africa" might b no more.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by nextstep(m): 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youthleader22:

Everyone saying he wasted his youthful years are ignorant of who human are. Not everyone wants to be very rich and popular. I'm sure what he wanted was to live a simple life and the love of the city of London gave him that idea of staying back.

I have uncles and also know of so many people living in UK and USA doing very well but they never step thier foot in Nigeria. So what are we talking about?

Emphasis on the bolded. Nobody would complain if the guy was being successful. It's the 21 years sleeping on buses with no tangible assets, home, business, or means of support in retirement age - that's what's making us shake our heads.

Again, I don't know what brutal military he has been avoiding since 1999 (2020-21 years)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by philip0906(m): 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Don't forget that life expectancy in naija is said to be below 55yrs. But at 55 years this man life has just begun!

If u check very well, all his mates he started with while in the hobbesian-like so called "giant of Africa" might b no more.
And this is a valid explanation for why a supposed sane human will say sleeping in london buses is far better than the mansions of banana island?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Pedrotina11: 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youthleader22:

Do you have any link to it? I will like to verify.

Go to www.urheadnocorrect.com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

African Migrants Hiding Inside Dashboard And Engine / Yellow Fever Card / Nigerian Lady Meets & Walks With The PM Of Netherlands On Her Way To Work (Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.