Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,323 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ (69295 Views)

Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders / Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by millionboi2: 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Sorry for u...Nigerian pensioners that work for 35years..some are 60 years old and the govt give them 3 million as pensions... Can 3 mil do Anytin, How many years do the pensioners have to enjoy the money They end up dying in this hellhole...some even die before collecting the pension..abroad is far better than thus hell hole....the man would be well taking care of in his old age becos he is a citizen...he would go to the home of the elderly and live a peaceful life with light good economy...abeg the diff is clear.
we are talking abt life not Nigeria.

Country no good,country no good na say u no hole

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by IpobAntidote: 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
Elxandre:

You have seen many cities in the world but never learned to love all tribes.

For your information, I'm not anti Igbo, I'm ANTI IPOB MISCREANTS.

My favorite in law is Igbo whom I have known since I was a teenager and we get along better than some other people in my family. I deal with other Igbos on daily basis. There are decent reasonable and logical Igbos unlike the retarded brainwashed ipob Biafuro fools.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Ekeletu: 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
Sunnydoo:
why not put your name when you didn't know the real? why put sunny?
sunny is a latin name that means wasted
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Pedrotina11: 7:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
millionboi2:
we are talking abt life not Nigeria.

Country no good,country no good na say u no hole

Million boi... Hey yah ur still a boy..still saying mummy thank u..u Neva see wat the country is talking about...wen u grow to be a man come back to this thread .
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by crestdevelopers: 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
Youthleader22:

Do you have any link to it? I will like to verify.
https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-50459821
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by CTPlayer: 7:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
alfasexy:
This is why I hate church people. They will do everything and even spend to keep you in your misery while praising themselves that they are doing good.
Church people helped him and vice versa. And Church people don't issue visas, government does. Very strange post you made.
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by millionboi2: 7:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pedrotina11:

Million boi... Hey yah ur still a boy..still saying mummy thank u..u Neva see wat the country is talking about...wen u grow to be a man come back to this thread .
Sir I'm inside life already.....life bcoms easier wen u beat all odds.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
millionboi2:
hahaha
U didn't read d story

Or do u wish ur broda end like him?
Lol you mah, did you not read where he said the authority back home would have
"OFFED" (turned off his life light) had set foot in his motherland, probably like the way that journalist was finished off. He chose to perambulate in another man country for many years.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
musicwriter:
Be careful!.

This is not genuine news but a propaganda mission to have you glamorize about Britain. They're literally in a battle of their lives to have their former slaves a.k.a commonwealth nations linked to their economic ecosystem to be able to sustain their economy after exiting the EU- what France is doing in Francophone African countries.

This news is meant for you to see Britain in a good light, so you could be ruled in your sympathy. That's all its about.

Iff I could sit down and talk to the commonwealth nations, that country will die a natural death within 10 years, if enslaved people can come to their senses and realize how you're being tricked to love them, make them rich and to rule over you. The next 10 years in very critical for their survival.

So some people in nairaland still get sense like this, unlike those crazy mofos who worship the west not knowing they're sheep being lead to the slaughter

Some weirdo even prefers to sleep on a bus in London than banana island.

Niggas are dumb

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by 1Sharon(f): 7:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Ekeletu:
His friends he left behind in Nigeria are CEOs. One is a Brig.Gen in the Nigerian Army

You know him?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by poseidon12: 7:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
God is great. I am proud to be a Christian. In spite of some atrocities they have committed in the past, the Western whites are closest to God, of all the races.
I am touched by the kindness shown to this man by these British citizens. People like that are rare in sub Saharan Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by poseidon12: 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
alfasexy:
This is why I hate church people. They will do everything and even spend to keep you in your misery while praising themselves that they are doing good.

You hate Church people? Are you evil?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by gnykelly(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
adonainana:
So in all those 21 years, are you telling me there have not been people who once had nothing in Nigeria and all of a sudden have a lot,
Are you telling me there are not people who were a nobody financially 21 years a go in Nigeria and now are well to do fiancially.
Are you telling me there are not people who within the last 21 years have built houses upon houses, cars upon cars and they are not even into politics tbh

May God direct everyone to where his fortune lies

Emoney tuface were not much 21yrs ago

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by poseidon12: 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Esseite:
55 - 21 = 34...

He may have lived a better life in Nigeria , if only he was not scared of "them say" "them say" or even come back to try other countries..

Or it may have turned out worse for him in Nigeria. Many are wasting here and living in misery. I don't blame him at all. Nigeria needs to be fixed to make it conducive for the citizens.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by onpoint69(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

And do what? To come and face harsher one here now we have Buhari as a president.
Presently, sleeping in Buses in UK is far better than sleeping in a mansion in Banana island, Lagos.
Serene environment, security fully at alert, good paying jobs to sustain, no stray bullets from untrained policemen, but in Banana island, flood fit come your bedroom come carry you enter sea.

you speak out of ignorance, do you think many of his mates that were in Nigeria did not advance in those 20 years.. he merely wasted those years mind you 55 is not the same as 35 when he first got there.
good luck to him though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Youthleader22(m): 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
crestdevelopers:

According to BBC news. The dude remains anonymous. Buy right there it was stated that he was outspoken during the Abacha era and a critic against the oppression of the Abacha regime, same reason he seemed for asylum in UK though he had to wait for 21 more years at last he got a stay.
I don't know what a whole lots are talking about the said man. But I love him for being a good man for more than 20years of poverty and struggle.

Modified: I think the bbc news covered should grease front page and not the crap written here about him.

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
poseidon12:

Or it may have turned out worse for him in Nigeria. Many are wasting here and living in misery. I don't blame him at all. Nigeria needs to be fixed to make it conducive for the citizens.

True... but 21 years haba...
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
poseidon12:
God is great. I am proud to be a Christian. In spite of some atrocities they have committed in the past, the Western whites are closest to God, of all the races.
I am touched by the kindness shown to this man by these British citizens. People like that are rare in sub Saharan Africa.

Please open the link to see how unexposed you are .. read a few other articles on the site

You don't know Europeans at all
https://www.defendevropa.com/2020/news/population-replacement/new-year-babies-in-europe-show-a-demographic-grim-future/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by iswallker(m): 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
philip0906:

Some of you talk like you're unintelligent (no offence).

Like look at this human saying sleeping in London buses is far better than sleeping in a mansion in Banana island?

What kind of fvckery and senile posit is that?

People die for avoidable reasons on the streets of Nigeria daily - some people re looking for family and friends to use for money ritual - its quite scary here..
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by poseidon12: 7:21pm On Jan 12, 2020
seunmsg:
He wasted 21 years of his life. If he had returned home, there is a possibility he would made something significant of his life during that period.

Opportunities abounds everywhere in Nigeria and people are making it big all over the country. Anyway, congratulations to him for finally getting the “leave to remain” in the UK. At least, he can start life all over again at 55. We never can tell what he can achieve before 70.

Opportunities abound everywhere in Nigeria and people are making it big all over the country Really? Are you sure about that? Some (very few) are actually making it (genuinely). But majority of those that seem to be making it are cutting corners; either looting the treasury through politics or outright criminality. Not everyone can handle that kind of hustle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by iswallker(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
Esseite:

True... but 21 years haba...

He can start a life at 55 - make a family and his children will have opportunities nigeriaria will never give them...

I saw the error in the spelling - chose to ignore it - thats how this country is..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2020
IpobAntidote:

For your information, I'm not anti Igbo, I'm ANTI IPOB MISCREANTS.

My favorite in law is Igbo whom I have known since I was a teenager and we get along better than some other people in my family. I deal with other Igbos on daily basis. There are decent reasonable and logical Igbos unlike the retarded brainwashed ipob Biafuro fools.
1 MILLION LIKES!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
iswallker:

People die for avoidable reasons on the streets of Nigeria daily - some people re looking for family and friends to use for money ritual - its quite scary here..

As someone with common sense,why will Europeans welcome this type of people into their country?

There's a certain disconnect with the thinking pattern of black people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Ekeletu: 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
1Sharon:

You know him?
He's Yoruba
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by poseidon12: 7:24pm On Jan 12, 2020
Patrioticman007:
Lie's that Nigerians make, just to secure asylum is too childish. Imagine that a military head of state will cut off his head, if he goes back to Nigeria, even Nnamdi won't get that punishment.
One mumu said the Emir of Aba will force him, to convert to Muslim, once he steps foot on Nigeria.

One said the Sultan of sokoto, won't allow him to enjoy, his gay rights in Nigeria.
It baffles me these insidious kids sleep at night.

They are doing it out of desperation. For most, Nigeria is a terrible place to live in. We need to fix the country. It's not working at all.
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Karemarealty288(m): 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

And do what? To come and face harsher one here now we have Buhari as a president.
Presently, sleeping in Buses in UK is far better than sleeping in a mansion in Banana island, Lagos.
Serene environment, security fully at alert, good paying jobs to sustain, no stray bullets from untrained policemen, but in Banana island, flood fit come your bedroom come carry you enter sea.

Sharrrp which sleeping in bus is better than banana Island

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by poseidon12: 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
Yankiss:
This is difficult to understand. Wasting all of 21 years jumping away one's destiny. Am I the only one who thinks the refugee aspect of running from an iron-cast dictatorship was cooked up by guyman? Raise your hand if u thought so too. Nigerians cant cease to amaze me. For God's sake people still make it in Nigeria!!

Well, people are so making it in Nigeria that it became the poverty capital of the world. For most Nigerians, the situation is hopeless.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Ebenezar2020(m): 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
[s]
Nmezor:
Hmmm, he finally got wat he was seeking for, delay aint denial more or less cool
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by poseidon12: 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
adonainana:
So in all those 21 years, are you telling me there have not been people who once had nothing in Nigeria and all of a sudden have a lot,
Are you telling me there are not people who were a nobody financially 21 years a go in Nigeria and now are well to do fiancially.
Are you telling me there are not people who within the last 21 years have built houses upon houses, cars upon cars and they are not even into politics tbh

May God direct everyone to where his fortune lies

Maybe his fortune lies in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by don4real18(m): 7:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:

I will rather stay in a 3 bedroom flat in Ajegunle than to live in buses in the UK.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by Youthleader22(m): 7:32pm On Jan 12, 2020
https://www.thecable.ng/report-how-nigerian-asylum-seeker-spent-21-years-sleeping-on-london-buses
[/quote]

thecable.ng Nigeria, got this news from the British news outlet outright and decided to write their own version of the story so as to tarnish the image of the man.
It was boldly stated in BBC news that the man was an activists during the Abacha era and ran away to seek asylum in the UK to save his life.
Now tell me the reason the Nigeria news outlet decided to remove this very important part from the news. Just to make people feel the man lived a useless life.
I fear who no fear Nigeria journalists.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ by poseidon12: 7:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
naijacutee:
There are so many people like these. No family, lost touch back home because of shame. Some of your relatives abroad you have lost touch with are not lost. This is their reality

A large number of them live in the
US. This guy's case stood out because of his unusual pattern (sleeping in the bus).
A large number of Nigerians abroad live in limbo: No legal paper, can't get normal work, can't travel. And then after about 30 years, luck smiles on them. By then, a lot of water has passed under the bridge.
We really need to fix Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Yellow Fever Card / Nigerian Lady Meets & Walks With The PM Of Netherlands On Her Way To Work (Vid) / Nigerian Man Gives A Tour Of ‘five Star’ Graveyard Where He Works In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.