Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused (25345 Views)

Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) / They Told Us To Go To School But... / Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by seangy4konji: 4:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
This one does notbknow the driver driving the car..may you not pass your bustop...

Inside buhari regime.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Ade1759: 4:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
That was how my brother became an economist o...because he wanted computer science and was giving archeology in UI.. True life story
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by spiceadole: 4:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
Da owo kpong ika ufoknwed, abiad idem mfo ini.
ka ke yem ubok utom kpeb.
Nsuto ubok utom ke afo ake kpeb?
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by DabFrankNG: 5:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
OP the issue here is you don't know anything about what Biochemistry entails and the prospects therein.

And I'm sure the orientation you have about Pharmacy is at best crude, more like 'they make drugs.'

Seek to be thoroughly informed about both courses before throwing away a great opportunity and wasting another year.
They are related courses, and truth be told, Biochemistry has greater career prospects than Pharmacy.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Revolva(m): 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Go to main market Onitsha and ask those that studied surgery and end up there dragging cartons of goods and bells of cloth

IF THEY CAN TURN THE HAND OF TIME WILL THEY HAVE WROTE A JAMB TO ENTER UNIVERSITY?

Hahaha really �� I de pity many Nigerian university undergraduates many will regret ever going to a tertiary institution

The money is in the street
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Neddyogu(m): 5:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
Both MBBS and Pharmacy require good working knowledge of BCH and u have BCH on d palm of ur hand, and yet u don't "love" it?

For one, you can hardly do well at anything u don't love. Second, if u aim to be a doctor or pharmacist cos u think u'd be rich or have enough dough, u're just setting urself up for some rude shock.

So my dear, let's face facts, with jamb scores as u have, u have as much chance of gaining admission to Med sch as a snowball in hell.

Just develop a positive outlook on BCH, graduate with a 2-1and apply for direct entry into medicine or pharmacy or even radiography. U can shelf NYSC if time is still on ur side. Cheers
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by faithyguy: 5:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
For me biochemistry is not a good course to study in Nigeria except u plan to travel out then u need to have the best score and quit tough. As a microbiologist I would advise u to do jamb again while still retaining ur biochemistry. Pharmacy is the best course u can ever study in this world Trust me. Go For Pharmacy Abeg U.

emmysolo2001:
Good evening everyone.

So I'm an aspiring medical student. I've been at home since 2016 till date. I wrote JAMB 4 Times. The first score was 196, second was 203, third was 210 and I worked harder and got 218 this year.

Yes it is not enough because I'm an average student hoping to study pharmacy in university of Uyo but I got my first admission from Obong University Uyo to study biochemistry and I agreed but honestly I hate the course. It has no relationship with what I want to do.

Now I'm scared of never getting to study what I really want.

Is there anyway I can study pharmacy because I can't do transfer and change my course?

Or do I write jamb again?
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Premiumwriter: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
emmysolo2001:
Good evening everyone.

So I'm an aspiring medical student. I've been at home since 2016 till date. I wrote JAMB 4 Times. The first score was 196, second was 203, third was 210 and I worked harder and got 218 this year.

Yes it is not enough because I'm an average student hoping to study pharmacy in university of Uyo but I got my first admission from Obong University Uyo to study biochemistry and I agreed but honestly I hate the course. It has no relationship with what I want to do.

Is there anyway I can study pharmacy because I can't do transfer and change my course?

my story is very similar to yours.

I wrote jamb 3 times for medicine. On the third try I was given physiology.

I accepted it since I was tired of staying at home and partly for fear of not getting another admission if I had rejected it.

I went to school. I'm in 200l now. But I wrote jamb last year again. Got a very high score and have been admitted for medicine.

Bottomline is, get that admission. Go to school. Study hard, then write another jamb again.

It's way easier to score higher that way because most of the things they will teach you in 100l is basically sec skul work. So you'll get the chance to go over those things again.

Above all, work hard towards it.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Ebenezar2020(m): 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2020
PETUK:
Ette, bet anye ayem ika ufok nwed, Iyeme ubok utom
obong owo ufok nwed ado scam
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Ebenezar2020(m): 6:00pm On Jan 13, 2020
spiceadole:

Nsuto ubok utom ke afo ake kpeb?
awak eti eti.
after ma kpeb ubok utom mma before Ami ndi nwed jamb nka nwed.
after mma ke graduate Ami nki nsopke ni'eh utom mbakara, now nkama ubok utom survive then.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Offpoint: 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2020
berryace007:
I have a friend who was given zoology but wanted to do medicine after much persuasion he accepted to do zoology later the following year the guy did jamb again without telling anyone. The funniest part is he was given zoology again.
gringringrin village people be like "sey this one think sey we dey craze ni? if we sey zoology na zoologygrin
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by selfmadeOLX(m): 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
4 JAMB EXAMS = 4yrs

Reality hasn't dawned on you yet.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by TheWalkingMind: 6:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
airminem:
What do i need?
Acquire computational skills that can front knowledge acquired as technological innovation. One thing most of our professors don't know how to do.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by alfasexy: 6:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Wetin u gain?

You came here for profit?
No go find something better to do with your life.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by PotatoSalad(m): 6:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
alfasexy:

You came here for profit?
No go find something better to do with your life.
Come make I buy you dinner before frustration go kill u
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by alfasexy: 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Come make I buy you dinner before frustration go kill u

With your username and response, it seems your life rotates around food.

Were you starved as a kid?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Dumte(m): 6:35pm On Jan 13, 2020
it's obvious that 95 per cent of the people writing jamb want to study medicine. Haba!!
Who gives this children this kind orientation? Even those that knows within themselve that they hated physics and chemistry want to be a doctor or pharmacy
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by PotatoSalad(m): 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
alfasexy:

With your username and response, it seems your life rotates around food.

Were you starved as a kid?
No, but I can help you. Hunger can trigger frustration and indecisiveness
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by SamgoldBaba: 6:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
Make your decision once, you may continue Biochemistry for now because the time is going (I'm sure you've got to put interest in it ). Apply for ume while in school if you're still keen to do pharmacy. Best of luck

N.B: Did registration for jamb starts today really?
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Shagzy3100(m): 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
[quote author=berryace007 post=85744190]I have a friend who was given zoology but wanted to do medicine after much persuasion he accepted to do zoology later the following year the guy did jamb again without telling anyone. The funniest part is he was given zoology again.[You no well, I swear]
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Blissbath(f): 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
Is not everybody that has to get admission via jamb.Apply for uniuyo jupeb studies n read hard.My sis did jupeb in uniuyo last yr n she was given admission into uniuyo to study pharmacy.Dnt go for biochemistry because it has no place in nija.
emmysolo2001:
Good evening everyone.

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Babygal2020(f): 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
Jman06:
Please don't let yourself be deceived by anyone! Write JAMB again and this time, study harder and ensure you ace both JAMB and PUTME. You can do it! Don't settle for less!

Many people (including my humble self) have 2-1 degrees in biochemistry that are as useless as the letter 'p' in psychology.
You are right dear. I have a 2-1 in Microbiology but still job hunting!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Gspot1k: 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2020
Amstupid:
Study marlians course instead grin
your name really fit u mugu....
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by franugo(m): 7:59pm On Jan 13, 2020
berryace007:
I have a friend who was given zoology but wanted to do medicine after much persuasion he accepted to do zoology later the following year the guy did jamb again without telling anyone. The funniest part is he was given zoology again.

Lol....he don meet him destiny
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Bigboy289(m): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
Uyi168:
Biochemistry in most universities is a life science course just like microbiology,zoology and the rests..and due to the Nigeria system, these courses do not have a career path..and poor job opportunities...
Still,op should hold this one tight while applying for medicine and co..
lol, they have a career path if you know what you are doing wink
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Bigboy289(m): 8:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
emmysolo2001:
sir if I desire to offer biochemistry and I graduate and getting out I can't find a job in my field of study doesn't that make me useless.and I don't have the money to even think of abroad bottom line is I don't even know where biochemist end up working at
You can create jobs for others, don't put all your eggs in one basket wink
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by spiceadole: 8:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
awak eti eti.
after ma kpeb ubok utom mma before Ami ndi nwed jamb nka nwed.
after mma ke graduate Ami nki nsopke ni'eh utom mbakara, now nkama ubok utom survive then.
Ake mmi,nke ka ufok nwed nkakiet.
Nke Kod medicine
Nnam utom isua ita ke Nigeria ke UUTH ..mbemi iso,Ami ndaka obio mbakara ke 2019.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Uyi168: 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Bigboy289:
lol, they have a career path if you know what you are doing wink
Ok na
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Bigboy289(m): 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
SamgoldBaba:
Make your decision once, you may continue Biochemistry for now because the time is going (I'm sure you've got to put interest in it ). Apply for ume while in school if you're still keen to do pharmacy. Best of luck

N.B: Did registration for jamb starts today really?
it has commenced
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Bigboy289(m): 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
Uyi168:
Ok na
yh
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
emmysolo2001:
Good evening everyone.

you should try Advanced level program or direct entry method
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by ScienceIncarnate: 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
emmysolo2001:
I want to be a pharmacist.truth be told I have considered writing jamb again but what do I tell my family and who will even give money to go and register or write jamb again
You need to score high it you have a dream of studying medicine or pharmacy. The surest way of scoring high marks in UTME for science students is to attend Ultimate Science Academy(USA), Ile Ife.
There is accommodation for distant students.
Tel: 08146190148

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Educational Debate Phase One: Essay Submission / Abia Poly Loses Accreditation Over Failure To Pay Staff Salaries For 30 Months / Man Attacks Primary School For Chasing His Daughter Home Over Speech & Price Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.