Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) (16542 Views)

A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him / Wale Awomolo (left) Recieves His Son Olubusayo's(bawomolo) Last Exam Papers--pic / Light A Candel Here For Our Fallen Nlander Olubusayo Awomolo (bawomolo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by UNLEASHED(m): 3:31am On Dec 06, 2010
So this is life? You will be greatly missed Busayo
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 06, 2010
So sad bro really sad. I know your in heaven resting at the right side of God. RIP and may the good Lord deliver Chicago splitting innocent blood Amen
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by chika98: 3:38am On Dec 06, 2010
What a brutal way to go. May his soul continue to rest in the Lord. Amen.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by na2day1: 3:44am On Dec 06, 2010
"If untimely death came only those who deserved that fate, Busayo, where would choice be? No one would do good for its own sake, but only to avoid an early demise. No one would speak out against evil because of his own courageous soul, but only to live another day. The right to choose is man's great gift, but one thing is not his to choose--the time and means of death."

R.I.P Olubusayo Amowolo

Gaily I lived as ease and nature taught,
And spent my little life without a thought,
And am amazed that Death, that tyrant grim,
Should think of me, who never thought of him.
-René Francois Regnier-

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me.
The Carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality
-Emily Dickinson-

@Ileke your write up really broke me to pieces, couldnt remember the last time my eyes rained,
Please take care of urself, he's gone and nothing can bring him back.
Its this kind of things that bring people closer to God and not away from Him,
Just allow the H/S to minister to your heart, God bless you.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by clickgold(m): 3:52am On Dec 06, 2010
I never bantered with him, but from some of his posts that I have read I think he is a straight up guy. Never afraid to bear his mind, an element that is sadly missing from our society today.

Goodnight bro, see you on the other side of light some day (not to soon though).

JAZES:

Always driving home his point so intelligently, NL will surely miss u MAN. cry cry cry

There are not that many around, are they?
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by balo(m): 3:56am On Dec 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Busayo, wherever you are, whatever you are, I hope you're reading this. You really hurt me bad, I never thought I'd hurt this bad. I remember once joking with you that I've never cried when you called me a cry baby. But why can't I stop crying so hard now. It hurts me to the marrows of my body knowing that you wont be back on your long journey.

You were someone I could talk to, someone I could confide in. You were more than someone I met on NL, you meant so much to me. You were my friend, you never expected me to be who I was not. Because who you saw was enough.
You were your words. You did what you said you would. You never dissapoint.

Busayo, you were funny, you were random. You were happy just by making people laugh, that was enough for you.
You didnt go out of your way to be who you were not. You looked out for so many people, yet you did not expect anybody to look out for you.
We joked about the silliest thing, like your last name. We joked about how you could be a "babalawo" since "bawomolo" sounds funny.

You told me you were 20, I told you you were lying. You could have been a 50 yrs old man, trying to be young again.
You're hurting me so bad before you tok yourself away from me.  Why are you doing this to me? DID i ALSO DESRVE THIS?

You were just too nice, and took too many shoit from people. I told you that so many times. You'd call me crazy, and I'd call you crazier.
You were someone who would just call to ask how someone is, just to ask about my welfare even when I forgot you. I regret it now.
You did not look for new ways to wand off trouble, because to you, joking were the only way to fix up arguments and trouble.

I've met many nice, kind, brilliant people. But I dont think they'd have touched my soul like you did. You had everything right in front of you, yet you were not arrogant. That was not your game. You were sweet and so kind.

You'd sit there and listen to me, so quiet that I'd have to ask if you were still there. You'd tell me that you were. I'd accuse you of not listening, but then you'd prive me wrong by PERFECTLY analysing what I've just said. You always listen, even if I was being stu pid. You always care, even when I didnt deserve it. You always made me feel like I was smart, even when I ask for your help at the simpliest of stuff.

When I had a problem in my engineering dept, you gave me several advice. The hardest classes for me were the easiest for you. And you were never too busy to help. When I told you I was going to give up and switch my major, you jokingly called me a chicken and coward. Which made me work hard to prove you wrong. Busayo, in all I do in my academics from now on, I'd continue to make you proud wherever you are.

I remember we used to joke about how old you and I was. I'd call you "aburo" and you'll ask me how old I am. You'd tell me that you were 3 months older than me. I'd say "so what? what is 3 months?". You'd tell me that "that is a lot o". But still I'd keep calling you aburo.

You never knew how much you meant to me as a friend, a brother and a fellow Nigerian. Now I regret not letting you know. I regret taking advantage of time. I will miss you so much, and I'll never stop crying. If I have to live pure and kind as you just to give you a second chance, then may the Lord be my strength. I just want to wake up to hear the phone ring and hear your "this ekiti girl" joke again. I want you to wake up and call me crazy. I want to stop hurting so bad and I want to stop crying. Ok, I promise, I'll stop crying if you come to me in a dream and tell me that everything is alright. Without a sign, without something, I dont think I can stop hurting.

And I forgot to wish you happy birthday, so happy belated birthday. I was sooo hoping that you would take me to a "club" on my 21sth birthday to see what the racous about clubs was all about. We both didnt know, we could have found out. This world is not a fair one at all. It's so cruel. Why do we have to suffer, why do we have to say "goodbye"?.

BUSAYO, RIP. I will forever miss you.

God knows best.
Rest In Peace bro.
sad sad cry
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by iice(f): 3:59am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP beautiful soul.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by triistar86: 4:12am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP mate. . . .
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Cosmass(f): 4:14am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP though I do not know you on a personal level but seen your posts, that alone is enough for me to miss you. Hearing about it sent cold shivers. May God Almighty bless your soul. It is truly shocking. Can't grasp this. sad
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by chiogo(f): 4:36am On Dec 06, 2010
*Sigh*

Bawo, we first crossed paths on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-111517.64.html when you were still new to nairaland. I didn't like your views and we disagreed, you called me dumb so I didn't like you at first. We never crossed paths much since then since I didn't visit the religious section regularly. Then we met again on the NBA thread and realized we were both basketball fans. We argued most of the time about Rondo and Derrick Rose, who played for your beloved Chicago Bulls. You're probably his biggest fan ever and I wish he knows he lost a great fan. I'm thinking of notifying him through facebook(Yeah, I'm actually his fan even though I never showed it but I still like Rondo more :] ) but I'm not sure he'll get the message and it would depress him too. I haven't been on nairaland for a while till friday and I made my way to the NBA thread to reply to the comments you made to me for over a week teasing me about my obsession with Rondo and how I need to be on the Derrick Rose team. I was coming to laugh as usual and tell you, "in your dreams" and boast of how Rondo would thrash Rose as they face each other that night only to hear the devastating news of your passing. I couldn't even bring myself to pay attention to that game, knowing I can no longer as little as argue with you or laugh about your team's loss. It hurts to know that you just posted a few days ago but can no longer do so forever, which means I'll never see your username appear online again. It sends chills down my back.

Over the years since '08, we've joked and argued on the NBA thread. I went from 'dumb' to 'our scholar' who you jokingly asked to remember you when I start rolling in money, not knowing you're the true genius. I was flattered even though I didn't act like it. I thought you were much older because of your username and also the maturity of your posts and the depth of knowledge you seemed to have on many issues. You were fun and I would always read your posts on the celebrity section too because I knew they'd definitely be funny.

I saw your facebook profile on ileke_idi's facebook profile but thinking you were so much older than the person in the picture, I doubted it was you and I didn't add you, which I now regret because I never got to know you outside nairaland but also kinda glad I didn't because all I would be posting on your wall now would only remind me of the pain you must have gone through before you left the face of this cruel world. Knowing that you and I were only a few years apart makes me smile now, you fooled me making me think you were old enough to be my uncle or something. But it's cool. Knowing your age and your accomplishments during your short years makes me realize how humble you were. For someone who had accomplished so much, you had no arrogance in you and no, you're the real scholar who should be celebrated, not me.

I remember on another thread where we were arguing and I said that I felt sorry for your parents due to your views. I only feel sorry that a promising child like you was snatched away from them. I'm sure they were proud of you and still are of the type of person you were and the great impact you made on the people around you. Still feels like a long, terrible dream but I'm slowly coming to terms with reality and I'll try to smile because that's the only expression you put on my face when I read your posts.

I'll truly miss you. Rest in peace, buddy.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by googles: 4:42am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP Bawomolo
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 06, 2010
I didn't know him and I did not interact with him on nairaland much either but I always respected him. He always give his opinion without coming across as rude or arrogant. I do not know what is it, but his death has affected me immensely. I even show the article to my family, And the whole family were terribly sad, my mom could not help but cry.

I just can not seem to still get over it. Like seriously WHY HIM? Everytime I log on to nairaland, I can't help but go on to his profile, and the known fact that he last logged in 29 Nov and is no more, is something hard for me to swallow, I mean the reality of death hit me hard everytime. (it could be anyone of us.) I am in no place to judge this young man or his beliefs am just here to drop a tribute, and I would appreciate if everyone does so. No one is 100% certain who goes to heaven/hell or whether there's life after this. So lets just drop all our differences and do what the thread suggest.

You will be missed terribly bro.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by celemel(m): 5:06am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP Bawo.  That is life. Fear no one. We'll all meet someday.  But, would we recognize ourselves up in yonder?  cry
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by babadee1(m): 5:15am On Dec 06, 2010
R.I.P Busayo Awomolo. I never knew you but in your short time here on earth you clearly touched many lives. You will be missed.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by doggyall: 5:20am On Dec 06, 2010
Regards to your family. Enjoy your onward journey. RIP.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by vanitty: 5:37am On Dec 06, 2010
Very intelligent man. Just checked that chiogo thread out and he must have been just 18 or 19 with smart answers. Very funny thread RIP
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 6:05am On Dec 06, 2010
I never knew you personally, i've been following your comments for only deities know how long. We both share the same mentality on almost all subjects apart from you being a gayner. When I read that 'our own bawomolo' cease to exist, i couldnt contain the pain that swelled up in my heart.
You'll forever be missed on Nairaland. your stance on religion cannot be rivaled, you stand by your words, you don't feel intimidated. Your reasoning is far matured than what your real age is.

If we on the cyber world can miss you this much, i wonder how those that know you personally will feel.

One love bro,
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 06, 2010
Busayo, i've refrained to type anything all this while, wishing that all these will turn out to be a mix-up but the reality is setting in.

Though we never met, your death still brought me closest to the feelings I had when I lost my mum and sister.

Goodnight but definitely not goodbye!.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by coolme2: 6:16am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP Bro, wish your family good comfort. cry
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Cosmass(f): 6:17am On Dec 06, 2010
chiogo:

*Sigh*

It hurts to know that you just posted a few days ago but can no longer do so forever, which means I'll never see your username appear online again. It sends chills down my back.

I'll truly miss you. Rest in peace, buddy.

That is Chiogo the same thing that I cannot grasp and sends shivers down my spine. I had to go check his profile and saw when he last logged on meaning he would never come online again? Very hard to grasp! Death is indeed inevitable.

I sometimes wonder if there are some other nairalanders that have perhaps died too or so (Not praying for any one)
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by micklplus(m): 6:30am On Dec 06, 2010
May HIS GREAT soul rest in PERFECT PEACE. May d lord give his family d spirit to bear his exit
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by princekevo(m): 6:43am On Dec 06, 2010
OMG!! i cant believe this. shocked shocked shocked shocked
NL is like a Family, which some great ID like Bawomolo are so popular dues to his incredible inputs hear on the forum. It is so fearful to know of such an early departure.
May your Gentle soul find a resting place in the bossom of our lord my brother. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by slap1(m): 7:21am On Dec 06, 2010
I wrote a little poem in remembrance of him but I'll post it later (I'm mobile na). All the same, rest in peace, my Big Boy!
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by dtwsola(m): 7:23am On Dec 06, 2010
This whole thing has really got me depressed. When I read info about the guy, I just think it could very well have been me. According to his university's Twitter page, a memorial service will be held on Monday. They had very positive things to say about him.

RIP brother.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Pukkah: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2010
Once again we have been reminded of our powerlessness as humans and the transient nature of our sojourn here through the untimely death of this very young man, Olubusayo Awomolo. Death is the ultimate end of every living being. cry May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 06, 2010
Still In shock. SHort of words.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Otunbakay(m): 7:34am On Dec 06, 2010
Like d star that u are u came and shined so brightly, u brighten the path of everyone that crosses ur path with meekness without exuding arrogance. May God almighty give ur family the fortitude to bear ur untimely depature; continue to shine in heaven.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 06, 2010
"He was very focused on whatever it was he was doing," Akber said.

"If you needed help with anything, he would unconditionally do whatever he could for you in the best way he could."

"I haven't met many people who work as hard as him," Maciaszek said.

"He always finished his homework and studies early, then helped us out as we scrambled at the last minute to finish.

“He was just a good person."

That was Busayo. He always left a good impression on anyone.

A father worked so hard to bring up a successful family, but one was cruelly taken away just like that. Busayo had everything, intelligence, understanding, wisom, kindness, pure heart. . . . and he was never arrogant about it!

Why God?! Who did you intended on punishing? Why? Need you take him away s fast and so cruelly? Why? Because he did not favour you? I thought you were a merciful God. Lord help me understand.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by slap1(m): 7:49am On Dec 06, 2010
^^My dear soft-pedal, please. Don't let your grief take over your reasoning.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by COOLDK(m): 7:52am On Dec 06, 2010
Now I realise we are family on NL even though many of us doesnt know each other. Please keep the Brotherhood and Sisterhood rolling. May almighty God give us the fortitude to bear this touching loss.
BAWOMOLO! U nvr notify us, u nvr hint us, u nvr tell us u are saying "Gud bye NL" on Nov 29 when u dropped ur final post. Virtually all Nlanders knew u 2ru ur post, NL is bereaved by ur death.
What a gem?
What an activist?
What a pretty young soul?
Death why hv u done this? Why? It's so painful.
Bawo! Sleep in d bossom of our dearing Lord. Nlanders will miss u till d day we meet up.
Adieu! Gud bye broda. What a vanity world?
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by googles: 7:52am On Dec 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

That was Busayo. He always left a good impression on anyone.

A father worked so hard to bring up a successful family, but one was cruelly taken away just like that. Busayo had everything, intelligence, understanding, wisom, kindness, pure heart. . . . and he was never arrogant about it!

Why God?! Who did you intended on punishing? Why? Need you take him away s fast and so cruelly? Why? Because he did not favour you? I thought you were a merciful God. Lord help me understand.

Ileke, I feel your pains pele. I dont even know how to console you

cos no words can heal the pain or bring back the ones we 've lost. All I can say is, It is well with Bawomolo wherever he is now

God knows best. . . only He, knows why this happened.

Be strong for him dear.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by babs787(m): 8:00am On Dec 06, 2010
Bawomolo Dead shocked shocked

Just coming across this thread. What a surprise?

How did it happen please?

May his soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rich Nigerians Spending Millions On London Property - video report from London! / Our Biggest Fear ? (Pictures) / Shoprite Location In Nigeria – List Of Shoprite Locations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.