Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) (16554 Views)

A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him / Wale Awomolo (left) Recieves His Son Olubusayo's(bawomolo) Last Exam Papers--pic / Light A Candel Here For Our Fallen Nlander Olubusayo Awomolo (bawomolo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by medjai(m): 8:00am On Dec 06, 2010
I'll take solace in the fact that you definitely are in a better place. You are forever one of us, here with us.
Rest In Peace
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Jarus(m): 8:05am On Dec 06, 2010
My knowledge of Bawomolo dated back 2008. Being an active participant in Politics section and a frequent watcher of proceedings in the Religion section, I can't but know Bawomolo. One thing about him is that he was one of teh most ubiquitous and versatile Nairalanders -  I mean Nairalanders you will find in almost every section, having something to say about almost everything. At the last year sectional awards, I was nominated with him and three others as the Career Section Poster of the Year, an award neither of us, but Ajanlekoko, later clinched: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-368641.0.html

When I read the news in Thisday on Wednesday that a Nigerian student was shot dead in Chicago. Two things came to my mind. One, I was lamenting the crime rate in US. Two, very strangely, I was imagining the possibility of this person being a Nairalander, due simply to the fact that a sizeable number of Nigerian students in diaspora - in UK and US in particular - are on NL. But who will know if this person was a Nairalander, I concluded, perishing teh thought. All these thoughts within one minute of going through the news.

On Friday, being busy at work here, I never opened that thread on 'Nigerian Student Killed in Chicago'. But later in the evening I met within the building my senior colleague at work, also an active Nairalander, and he asked whether I had heard. 'Heard what?', I retorted, thinking it's another hot gist on scandal on Nairaland. '. . that Bawomolo was the Nigerian student shot in Chicago', he said, showing me a text he received from another Nairalander.

Distraught and benumbed, I turned back from where I was going, made back to my seat, refreshed NL and saw the saddest news I have ever seen on NL. I can't hold back the tears, with my colleagues trying to console me, trying to know who I lost. They were shocked when I told them it was one of us on NL.(who were all aware of my NL activities before). That was how my day was spoilt. I struggled to make a comment on that thread.

I have not hesitated to tell everybody that cared to listen to me about the tragedy since then. From my brothers to friends, who also saw the news in papers. Since then and till this moment, anytime I view the thread on Bawomolo on NL and Facebook, my mood dampens and fresh sadness overtakes me. I never knew we were so bonded on Nairaland. To think this was someone I -and majority of the people here - shared a very contrasting religious views with.

Other than on religious discussions, I find Bawo's analysis insightful. His brilliance was not in doubt. I never knew he was that young. By Nigerian standard, a 21 year old knowing that much is a genius. Though 7 years older, I learnt from him. He was mature, savvy and witty.

Mr Administrator and Supermoderator, I crave your indulgence to name this year's Politics Section Award 'BAWOMOLO AWARD FOR THE POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR'. He was no doubt one of the men that made my section interesting and lively.

Bawomolo, we at Politics section will miss you.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by COOLDK(m): 8:09am On Dec 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Why God?! Who did you intended on punishing? Why? Need you take him away s fast and so cruelly? Why? Because he did not favour you? I thought you were a merciful God. Lord help me understand.
Sister be careful of what u a ulter. God is no body's mate. U jst have to seek for protectn n guidance 4rm him.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by kolaoloye(m): 8:10am On Dec 06, 2010
May his gentle soul rest in PERFECT PEACE.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Wislet(f): 8:22am On Dec 06, 2010
The tears still come. .the pain still much. I never knew u personally (wish i did) but feel so much pain like i knew u 4 years. I don't have de appetite to post on other threads lik b4. Whenever i come on here it's in tears. .goin to threads lik dis to seek comfort. Rest in peace dear. Have learnt some good things 4rm u. Though physically gone, u still live on. Love u.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by oseiwe(m): 8:26am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP bro, u went too soon, *sad*,
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by eherbal(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2010
r.i.p
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by german007(m): 8:32am On Dec 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Why God?! Who did you intended on punishing? Why? Need you take him away s fast and so cruelly? Why? Because he did not favour you? I thought you were a merciful God. Lord help me understand.

Ileke-Idi

I feel your pain, May Bawomolo's soul RIP. I lost my immediate junior brother last 11 days ago in the UK, He was only 28. Ive been so devastated and traumatised ever since, I have'nt been able to do much since then.

My bro was intelligent, gifted and kind hearted.

Similar questions such as your's above ran through my mind. Why do the good die young? Do they deserve such?.

One thing I found solace in is that "God knows best".
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by FBS: 8:32am On Dec 06, 2010
Rest In Peace bawolomo.

The good Lord will comfort your family.

God knows best.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by googles: 8:35am On Dec 06, 2010
german007:

Ileke-Idi

I feel your pain, May Bawomolo's soul RIP. I lost my immediate junior brother last 11 days ago in the UK, He was only 28. Ive been so devastated and traumatised ever since, I have'nt been able to do much since then.

Similar questions such as your's above ran through my mind. Why do the good die young? Do they deserve such?.

Sorry about your brother

I pray God gives you the strength to bear the loss of a dear one.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Cosmass(f): 8:38am On Dec 06, 2010
german007:

Ileke-Idi

Sorry for your loss! I could only imagine but as you said, God knows best!

Ileke-IdI:

That was Busayo. He always left a good impression on anyone.

A father worked so hard to bring up a successful family, but one was cruelly taken away just like that. Busayo had everything, intelligence, understanding, wisom, kindness, pure heart. . . . and he was never arrogant about it!

I could relate with you. Very painful but as cool DK said, be careful. He is still God and knows why.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by SpinoJ1: 8:41am On Dec 06, 2010
RIP Olubusayo!
What a gr8t gem. i love reading his post but God knows best. There was a saying dat "God take d Good man away b4 d evil day". Rest in peace my guy.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Odunnu: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2010
Your death is so disheartening and a shock to me. I know how much I hurt within how much more those who knew you on a higher level.
May your soul rest in perfect peace-Amen
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by chakula: 8:46am On Dec 06, 2010
That is Life!
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Cosmass(f): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2010
It is very shocking because no one knew or was expecting such. Could imagine him walking home from school, probably rushing home to go eat, watch a movie, browse or such, before being snatched away unexpectedly.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by strangerf: 8:49am On Dec 06, 2010
Oro nla leda eh eh Oro nla leda
Eyin ti e pa 'Bawomolo' o
T'eje o dagba o
Oro nla leda

Eyin ti e pa 'Bawomolo' o
T'eje o dagba o
Oro nla leda

Death will come when it will come, so men ought not to fear to live but to live fully and defeat death when it finally comes. No man who lived to the fullness of his potential ever truly dies, he only takes on the garb of immortality.

RIP 'Bawo'
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Damysa(f): 9:16am On Dec 06, 2010
Rest in the bossom of the lord.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Kennyblues(m): 9:18am On Dec 06, 2010
Never got to have discussions with him though but sometimes read his post as his name always caught my fancy, RIP brother and I pray to God to give your family the fortitude to bear the loss.

We will meet to depart nomore, Nairaland miss you
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by VALIDATOR: 9:18am On Dec 06, 2010
What a great loss !!!
He drives home his point so easily.I particularly admire his economy of words.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by oniema(m): 9:21am On Dec 06, 2010
Soo sad to have lost a rare gem though never had any conversation with you yet the little i read about you depict you as a special breed. May your Soul Rest In Perfect Peace Busayo

NL miss you soo much but we take solace in the truth that we shall one day meet again to part no more @ the feet of JESUS CHRIST
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:21am On Dec 06, 2010
I have tried to refrain from posting but its just too hard, why why why? I have tried to feel sad, but the only emotion I can muster is to feel mad!
Dead and gone , dead and gone
I would sorely miss you inputs on homosexuality and religion.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by jmaine: 9:22am On Dec 06, 2010
May his soul find peace
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Kilode1: 9:41am On Dec 06, 2010
Quote from: bawomolo on September 23, 2010, 07:41 PM
what do you expect from a homophobic pastor that wears smedium shirts and rides a Bentley

ROFLMAO

Ouch!! that's cold

Quote from: bawomolo on September 30, 2010, 07:57 PM
here is a comment from some youtube loser.
"Send her packing to Kenya with her president usurper, fraud and foreigner, Obama"

obama is a foreigner but the white folks who killed off the native americans are obviously indigenous.

speeds off in GM truck decorated with confederate flag.

Classic! LMAO!

Those were just a few of his witty posts that cracked me up this year. I replied with laughter then, I still laugh every time I go back to read some of them. "Bawomolo" was one of those NL handles I remembered easily when I first joined NL. His smart references and the grace with wish he replied to peoples posts were just pure class!

Like I said on the Other thread; "Bawomolo was a testament to the power of smart rearing and intelligent truth seeking and he earned whatever accolades he's getting here. 21 years of pure class!"

Goodnight smart brotha. . .
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 06, 2010
Dear Busayo,

I'm so sorry you had to leave this world so soon and give up all your dreams and aspirations!

I'm so sorry about the way you were ruthlessly cut off from your friends and family forever . .

I hope you weren't scared as you laid in the pool of your own blood unable to help yourself . . . I hope the pain didn't last too long!

I really really hope you are in a better place now.  cry  cry  cry

Rest in Peace dear one . . . .  you'll surely be missed!   sad  sad  sad
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by spikedcylinder: 9:58am On Dec 06, 2010
Sigh.
I have actually been grinning all morning because I have been reading our chat archives on yim and I can't help but smile. I would have posted some of it here but that boy was too much of an ashewo and he no know him mate. grin grin grin grin
He always had a witty response for any of my kini and never ever failed to make me laugh. A few people on this forum manage to warm their way into my heart and he was one of them. Mention 'booty' and he's all over the matter like a rash. He even called himself a bootyologist. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Everytime, he'll tell me to come into his bedroom and 'try him' to see if he was a baby or not. I'll say, are you even old enough to have your own room? He'll say, of course na, and his room is romantic as hell, decorated from top to bottom in spongebob squarepants paraphernalia. How can one take offense to that? grin grin grin
Oh well. I am not crying anymore. I'll just remember you for the great person you were to me and to others.
Bye bye my darling. You will surely be remembered for a long long time.  kiss kiss kiss
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Skidoc(m): 10:01am On Dec 06, 2010
Please don't quote Me sef's post, I'm positive the post is going to be deleted, so let's not leave traces by quoting him.

The last "memory" I have of him was when he was teasing Spikedcylinder on the Lepacious Bose thread. Funny thread.

I never knew he was only 21. I would have guessed 30 - 35 if asked.

His last post on Nairaland was three grinning smileys. " grin grin grin" Continue grinning down from heaven. RIP Bawomolo.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by oluite(f): 10:04am On Dec 06, 2010
Bawomolo came across as a very bright chap.I never knew him personally but always read his views.Its was a very rude shock to see this on the front page this morning, It never crossed my mind that the Nigerian Student Killed in Chicago was Bawomolo and so young too!I have this chill all over, Death is just so Final. I can only imagine the pain of his family,loved ones and close friends if i have this chill! Rest in Peace.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Bamsyle2(m): 10:05am On Dec 06, 2010
You have conquered death by dying to live again . . .

God be with you bro.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by dakmanzero(m): 10:11am On Dec 06, 2010
I havent posted in years because I felt the Nairaland community had fragmented and the site had gotten diluted to the low levels of common sense seen on 'Naija' forums on the web.

However the outpouring I'm seeing on bawomolo's tragic loss, which seems to have resurrected the old community spirit, and brought back many of the long-time regulars has really touched me.

I dont think I was active at the same time that he was, I'm sure he would have participated in some of the debates I've had involving the likes of davidylan, oyb and others on such topics as politics and/or religion. In any case the fact that i'll never experience this just adds to the tragedy.

RIP dude. The measure of a good man is the sorrow at his passing.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by tunyus(m): 10:17am On Dec 06, 2010
R I P, may the lord give his family the fortitude to bear the irreparable lost
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 06, 2010
german007:

Ileke-Idi

I'm so sorry for your loss! Take heart  ok?

COOL DK:

Sister be careful of what u a ulter. God is no body's mate. U jst have to seek for protectn n guidance 4rm him.

I guess you've never lost someone clos to you in a cruel way as this. It's very easy to question God . . .  I only pray that she finds a way to deal with the loss and accept it as God's wish!  sad  sad
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by TOPAI7(m): 10:20am On Dec 06, 2010
Rest in Peace.
Though i never knew you, but i have touched by the numerous condolences from NLers.
Oluwa a te e si afefe ire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rich Nigerians Spending Millions On London Property - video report from London! / How To Clear Error Code On Dstv / Our Biggest Fear ? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.