Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) (16571 Views)

A Year Later: Remembering Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo) : Light A Candle For Him / Wale Awomolo (left) Recieves His Son Olubusayo's(bawomolo) Last Exam Papers--pic / Light A Candel Here For Our Fallen Nlander Olubusayo Awomolo (bawomolo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2010
@Bawolomo,

YOU WERE SO DEAR TO US

WE WILL MISS YOU DEARLY

TEARS ON OUR PILLOWS

SORROW IN HEARTS, BECAUSE OF YOU.

WE'ILL MISS YOU,WE'ILL MISS YOU,WE'ILL MISS YOU,WE'ILL MISS YOU cry cry cry sad sad sad

I just remembered how you said jokingly "if i am ready to be your third wife",i was like, sheosi jokingly.
dnt know your life is so short ,anyone travable would've just organise a dinner with you there in chicago,but no one knows what would happen the nextminute
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by JAkpayen(m): 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2010
Bawo, you fulfilled your dream by inspiring most of us in your short life span yet we strongly believe to see you again in God's kingdom. Sleep well until tomorrow when we will see you to part no more.

cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by kokorunna(m): 10:10pm On Dec 06, 2010
Very sad, shocking and stunned.

May you rest in PEACE.

Life is very short and one must make the very best use of it.

Bawomolo you impacted on so many lives on NL and legacy lives for every angry
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by mamagee3(f): 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2010
RIP Bawomolo. . .

It's saddening to lern that he'll be leaving all those posts behind.

Ironically, his second to the last post on nairaland was about heaven and his last post was a grin.

We'll miss you bawo!
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by slap1(m): 10:26pm On Dec 06, 2010
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by xxcarolxx(f): 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2010
rest in peace. bawomolo,
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by ajetii(m): 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2010
Egress, like that of the egrets is elusive

Your egress is confounding to us

but we cry no more cause there is

decency even in death.

RIP
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by InkedNerd(f): 10:52pm On Dec 06, 2010
Smh, I'm still in shock over Bawomolo's death. As I'm writing this, my eyes are full of tears. Bawomolo was by far one of the most intriguing people that I have met here on Nairaland. I wish I had had enough time to have gotten to know him better. All I can do right now is ask myself "Why?" How could someone be so heartless? Initially when I read the title of this thread I was somewhat confused. I thought that Bawomolo had done something and everyone was praising him--then I clicked on the thread and quickly realized that it was not what I had in mind. It was something that I would never wish onto anyone. Tears began to roll down my cheeks as I read the article(s) and learned more details. It took me a few minutes to get myself together. I honestly wish this was just bad dream or a sick joke--but unfortunately, it isn't. I wish I could wake up right now and just shrug this nightmare away. This was a senseless act of violence but what hurts me even more is the fact that no one has come forward to say what they saw or heard. I know that people are afraid [given "Stop Snitchin' "thing that went around a couple of years ago in the US] but how can they really sit there are leave someone to die and a family to mourn like this?!?!?! What if it where their child? What if it were their family members? Bawonolo was intelligent and mature beyond his years. Its a shame that he was gunned down at such a young age. I can only imagine what his family must be going threw. You hear about things like this but when it hits close to home like this, it really hurts. Brother Olubusayo Awomolo, may your soul rest in peace. You will forever be missed cry cry cry

My condolences to the Awomolo family.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 06, 2010
Mariah Carey ft. Akon & Lil Wayne Bye bye [Remix]

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1agQYbVWIA?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by akwaowoudo(m): 11:10pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ Missy B
I always agree with you but not this time; my regards for you still high but he's gone _ let him rest! Do draw me closer and hug me!
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by InkedNerd(f): 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2010

Never Gonna Be The Same by Sean Paul

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHrzhht5NSY[/flash]

I thought of this song when I heard the news  
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by shadrach77: 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2010
I measure every grief,

I measure every grief I meet
With analytic eyes;
I wonder if it weighs like mine,
Or has an easier size.

I wonder if they bore it long,
Or did it just begin?
I could not tell the date of mine,
It feels so old a pain.

I wonder if it hurts to live,
And if they have to try,
And whether, could they choose between,
They would not rather die.

I wonder if when years have piled--
Some thousands--on the cause
Of early hurt, if such a lapse
Could give them any pause;

Or would they go on aching still
Through centuries above,
Enlightened to a larger pain
By contrast with the love.

The grieved are many, I am told;
The reason deeper lies,--
Death is but one and comes but once
And only nails the eyes.

There's grief of want, and grief of cold,--
A sort they call 'despair,'
There's banishment from native eyes,
In sight of native air.

And though I may not guess the kind
Correctly yet to me
A piercing comfort it affords
In passing Calvary,

To note the fashions of the cross
Of those that stand alone
Still fascinated to presume
That some are like my own.

- Emily Dickinson
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by ahmedaji: 11:30pm On Dec 06, 2010
R.I.P brother.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by inze(m): 11:33pm On Dec 06, 2010
r.i.p
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by kadman(m): 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2010
Bawo, we only bantered once when I quoted you on a thread. But I would remember how open minded you were, and your live-and-let live approach to life. You were so non judgemental. Every time there was an anti gay thread and I wanted to respond with arguments, I never had to because you had probably already said all I had in mind much better than I ever could. You were an articulate man.

Your death has made me question how I want to live my life. It has made me realise how silly it is to think that because the internet is anonymous one can hide behind a computer and spew garbage, when one can touch lives like you obviously did. I want to live how I would like to be remembered, if not for myself but for my family and friends. . . . . RIP
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by mykali(m): 12:01am On Dec 07, 2010
He was a great guy. Very humble. Didn't trade insults(not even jokingly)
I didn't know him in person, but if i had. . .his absence woulda created a vaccum in me.

RIP bro. Till we meet again. Peace.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by omotee2010(f): 12:30am On Dec 07, 2010
Busayo, may ur gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by tarano: 1:11am On Dec 07, 2010
RIP Bawomolo! Speechless
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Ormania(m): 1:11am On Dec 07, 2010
Sigh,

O, brothers and sisters please take heart, sad

I never knew this young and intelligent man since i joined NL this year. Now i really regret for not been able to exchange some words with this brilliant young man.  cry

May your soul rest in peace brother,
Amen.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Omenani(m): 1:17am On Dec 07, 2010
RIP Bawomolo. I enjoyed our heated debates with each other.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by rite2salas(m): 1:39am On Dec 07, 2010
RIP Bawolomo
Death sucks damn sad sad
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by duduspace(m): 2:33am On Dec 07, 2010
It was saddening to hear of bawomolo's death, "dammit, its bawomolo, bloody hell" that was my jumbled response when I realized he was the 21 year old Nairalander who had been shot.

As I told a dear one to me, I'm humbled to have known someone so young yet more peaceable and level headed than I considered myself to be despite my being a few good years older. He was a like minded soul as I, liberal yet cool as a cucumber, he was the very definition of live and let live, funny and somehow able to rise above the vitriol that is bound to flow in such a crucible of ideas, beliefs and emotions as Nairaland is. He loved his country and yearned for it to be better in such a way as I could relate to, looking at your country from a different land and some distance, wanting, nay longing to retain that connection with the land of your birth and desperately hoping you could wish its problems away.

The Awomolo family should be proud to have produced such a model of sensibility, respect and love for humanity. I will miss you Bawomolo and so will many. You are in our hearts in your time of grief and I can only hope that something good can come out of all this that would be of some tribute to the person he was.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by naijatoday: 3:06am On Dec 07, 2010
RIP Bawolomo
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by sledge406: 3:36am On Dec 07, 2010
For a username I came across during my skimming in NL threads and to see the lovely comments outpouring shows you have touched so many directly and indirectly. You are worth every read, knowing and quoting as the case may be but how can one deny the fact that you're a genius and a rare GEM. This goes a long way to show that age is nothing but simply numbers (and yes, beards (bear bear) na design too). We might not have gotten the rest best of you to come but you fulfilled and touched so many hence you're an achiever and an overcomer. Could not hold back and not salute a True Nairaland Soldier that you are.

No amount of tears will bring you back hence we'll keep celebrating you. RIP Olubusayo Awomolo (Bawomolo)

My NL peeps, I know it is hard but this is a road we all have to live with someday. I have had my own unfair share and I "rebelled" but I'm still getting over it (imagine over a year ago) and this is something to take to heart- ", And Inya Ode said the late Archbishop of Jos, Gabriel Gonsum Ganaka said, "Quit asking God, WHY! He just might be moved to call you up to give you answers".
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by beejaei: 4:27am On Dec 07, 2010
rip. who killed him? why? gangs? rip
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by Nobody: 4:52am On Dec 07, 2010
I kept calling, just to hear that voice over his VM.
I can't keep checking who is online, still expecting him to randomly sign on.
I dont fear death anymore, because I know there are people like him waiting for me.

Ki Olorun sho gbogbo wa, ki Olorun fi itunu is okan awon ebi t'ara e.
God knows best, they say. I will try to accept that.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by InkedNerd(f): 4:55am On Dec 07, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I kept calling, just to hear that voice over his VM.
I can't keep checking who is online, still expecting him to randomly sign on.
I dont fear death anymore, because I know there are people like him waiting for me.

Ki Olorun sho gbogbo wa, ki Olorun fi itunu is okan awon ebi t'ara e.
God knows best, they say. I will try to accept that.

I know what you mean. I keep thinking like that as well but unfortunately, I know the truth cry.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by san26dy(f): 6:55am On Dec 07, 2010
RIP brother. I pray your family will find closure. Amen.
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by H2PyRoO2: 7:20am On Dec 07, 2010
If I could tell his parents what jumps out at me from my encounters with him: I would eulogize their son by calling him clever and witty. Calling him intelligent doesn't personify him with adequate merit in my opinion, so wise would be a better alternative (for a lot of the reasons written here: http://authspot.com/thoughts/intelligence-vs-wisdom/ and many more). The wisdom that could have taken others a 70-year lifetime to accomplish, he was able to garner in his years.

Though he wasn't a believer, which in my own irrelevant opinion I guess would have been a wiser decision for him since I believe we eventually meet our Creator after life, and accepting our Creator here on earth would in turn make it easier for our Creator to accept us(but then again that's mine personal belief and opinion that he so passionately renounced as an atheist who believes it all ends here on earth).

He was content with the path he chose to follow and life made more sense to him that way. Even when you disagree with him you could tell that he exudes what life truly encompasses: LOVE, HAPPINESS. You could tell he wanted everyone to get along and interact peacefully(LOVE), and you could tell he wanted everyone to be free or allowed to do what they enjoy (HAPPINESS) as long as it does not infringe/impose on other people's lives. If at all I've learned anything from him, he has contributed to helping me understand the importance of not allowing my prejudices to cloud or limit my acceptance of others. To be able to give others a fair chance at earning your respect. . . . And lastly to "make lemonades when life throws you lemons", which is glaring in the way he cleverly responds with wit to most insults/ad-hominems thrown at him during dialogues here.

On a related note:

"*_* I am death
I thirst for blood like a hungry mosquito
My suffocating grip is poision to any soul
Tunes of panegyrics are music that dance me
My venom is genetically programmed to bring tears to your mother
Your dreams are my envy, I yearn to destroy them
Destruction is my friend, together we ruin
Unseen, but forever is my presence felt"

I remember blurting this in a post here a year(s?) ago in a reflective mood.
A good reminder that death does not discriminate. No amount of preparing can get you ready for death - be ye young or old.
So Bawo, Like your father I also will try as hard as I can to find it in my heart to "forgive your killers," for the sake of my own peace of mind and a coping mechanism for your loss. Still a question I will continue to ask for some time which I believe will remain unanswered is "WHY"?
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by dtwsola(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2010
[url=http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=news&cd=1&ved=0CCEQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicagotribune.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fct-met-uic-student-killed-20101206-21%2C0%2C327635.story&ei=rNP9TJnzGIP58AadoIjbBw&usg=AFQjCNG5pHT4S-TbNPDLN9__7oz9is4m5w&sig2=4mbVRHdAOGQUsCdvfvdL_w]School pays final respects to brilliant young man.[/url]
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by firestar(f): 7:39am On Dec 07, 2010
Bawolowo
Maybe just maybe you'll rise again to read,
All these touching tributes.
Your years bar you not from expressing yourself. . .
So I'll wait till you rise again to read.
(And I will not say goodbye and I'll will try not to cry)
Re: Celebrating Olubusayo Awomolo ( Bawomolo) by dupsytosh(f): 8:01am On Dec 07, 2010
Wat a painfull loss. You were indeed a rear gem to have made such an impact in d  short life you had. I pray God will give ur parents the heart and grace to bear the loss

And to who ever posted this
bawolomo, iku ojiji tomotomo ti ebi re ati awon obi e ni osu ti awa yi
here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-495020.128.html#msg6555689 all because of an argument.

I guess you are happy now that you got your wish.

Why anyone would wish death on a fellow human being would always elude me. Like you have the right to decide who lives and who dies. Does his death make the world a better place for you to live now?

Eni ti oni ki enikan ku, ki ohun na maku mo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rich Nigerians Spending Millions On London Property - video report from London! / I Know The Name Of Every Nairalander. / Our Biggest Fear ? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.