Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) (102762 Views)

10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger / UK's Top Diplomatic Cat Retires To Spend More Time With Favourite Tree (Photos) / Chimpanzee Helps A Man Climb Tree (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Babysheart(f): 5:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
Bush babies
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2020
Skepticus:

Meerkats do also, though occasionally. They are also in mongoose family and share typical mongoose traits of being naturally immune to venoms of certain snakes. Their blood vessels is built in a way that doesn't facilitate the spread of venom in the blood stream.

By the way, the animal up there is a Galagos, also, known as Bush baby, the big head and extremely large eyes gave it away. Mongooses and Meerkats don't have head that big and large eyes.

The Bush baby is also in the same family with lemurs (restricted only to Madagascar and is believed to have descended from Bush babies), Loris, the Potto or softly softly (Pottos are much slower).
... there's one more.. watched it on natgeo.. they become paralyzed after the bite like they just lay there and not move, but later on start moving..

I don't think it's a mongoose or meercat..
can't remember the name.. it's also immune to scorpions venom
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Adakintroy2: 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2020
Dkyz:

Wowwwww... Meercats

Sad tho... Those were very intelligent creatures.... They also kill snakes for a living. Your loss.

How are those Meercats guy. If you don't know don't speak.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by JiffyLou(m): 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
This are exotic animals and they cost a lot of money.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by JiffyLou(m): 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2020
Dkyz:

Wowwwww... Meercats

Sad tho... Those were very intelligent creatures.... They also kill snakes for a living. Your loss.
lol... Are you sure?
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Adroit144(m): 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
u must have been aware that your children will not be able to take care of them... must u take the bush babies in the first place? your children killed them and it is funny to you.. They are living things not toys
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by vicben27(m): 6:59pm On Jan 14, 2020
bush baby
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Germi9: 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
Babies in the wood sad
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by bigiyaro(m): 7:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:
Whatsup with catching weird animals lately
porting things, with love from Australia.

1 Like

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by goodheart02(m): 7:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
Dkyz:

Wowwwww... Meercats

Meerkats are not in Nigeria. Only the Savanna and Australia
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Ecpet83(m): 7:46pm On Jan 14, 2020
It's a specie of squirrel, I have seen before, it is edible.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Goziesolar: 7:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Those are galagos still infants,fell down from their nest I guess,not yet mature I know these things. still live around my house at the village jumping from tree to tree also on rooftops.they are nocturnal
In the village I meant southeast
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by MariaAngeles: 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
starbuck:
What Animal Is This?

My kids caught this little animals when it fell down from a tree when they were playing... They wanted to rear it but they eventually died off 2 days later when they were bathing them grin grin grin (more like drowned them) as I could not kill it..

They looked soooo cute
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by IAMPhoenix007(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Skepticus:

They are not mouse lemurs. These are galagos

Lemurs are restricted to the islands in Madagascar.

However, lemurs are believed to be descended from Mainland African Bush babies.

ok

1 Like

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Namdeenero(m): 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
bisoye11:
I believe we are witnessing a migration of animal from the Australian fire incident, I meant be wrong tho.
Migration by flight or by sea?? grin
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by esonna: 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2020
Dkyz:

Wowwwww... Meercats

Olodo.. this is Bush baby.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by don4real: 9:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ikem11:
They look cute don't kill it rather put it in a cage and feed them as pets

U even read wetin the OP write sef? They are dead already
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Litmus: 9:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
mayormick:
They are called meerkat, "Meerkats, being wild animals, make poor pets". Read they can be aggressive especially towards guest but will scent - mark their owner and their territory. All this from google bro

i suppose in your village these below are Bush baby

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Lotusflowerbomb: 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
AerialMapper:
Why didnt your kids just put them back in the tree?

Why didn't you encourage your kids to put them back on the tree?

Until one day when dinosaurs or King Kong or even Godzilla come back...

You will be going about your normal life, one KingKong will just see you and carry you back home, then it will log onto KingKong nairaland and be asking his mates "i caught this strange bushmeat, do you know what it is"?

KingKong's children will tie rope on your waist and be feeding you grass because they dont know what you usually eat... You will be wondering who you offended and why you were taken away from your normal existence

Let us learn to respect nature and all species

grin grin grin ;DI don die of laugh ooh...Dude WTF
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by benjanny(m): 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
I know this animal. We do call it Ikpopa
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Greatfullheart: 10:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
Dkyz:

Wowwwww... Meercats

they look like mongoos. mongoos also hunt snakes
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Greatfullheart: 10:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
There Animals Look Like more Like Galago or Mongoos. They Featured This Animal @ Penguins of Madagascar!
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Vernna: 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
GamalNasser:
Those are little Galagos also know as African Bush Baby

Jesu
is it the bush baby I use to hear about?
Is it true it has this spiritual ability
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by GamalNasser: 11:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
Vernna:

Jesu
No they don't have any spiritual ability but they can hide very well like ghost

1 Like

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Vernna: 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
agarawu23:
are they same bush baby wey dey carry that mat wey go make person get money? grin cheesy

Ah
Hahahahahaha
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by flington4550(m): 12:07am On Jan 15, 2020
Their mama go come oo
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by earthbest(m): 7:47am On Jan 15, 2020
whooaa!, are these not the relatives of King Julian
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by DavIkenna(m): 7:50am On Jan 15, 2020
back in the days then in aba, bush baby was a terror. was acclaimed that witchikers transform to them at night. they come to ur window and cry like a baby attracting ur empathy. by the time you go out to look, they retransform and devour their victim. was real terror back then that wen we caught one at fgc ikot ekpene, we showed it no mercy. but now i know better.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Justarandomguy: 8:13am On Jan 15, 2020
I think they call it Bush baby. Cute AF
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Justarandomguy: 8:15am On Jan 15, 2020
Vernna:

Jesu
Nigeria get myth like die. The Bush baby they're talking cries in the night to attract some motherfurkers. And boom they're fuckeddd. They cut the testicle of man. Fry it and give it to their main boss. Probably sodomize the person. Then they use the skin of the man for their mat, bed and stuff, anyone who gets the mat will be rich but u must return the mat at on point. Failure to do so, the person will turn into a Bush baby also
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Justin29a: 11:47am On Jan 15, 2020
starbuck:
What Animal Is This?

My kids caught this little animals when it fell down from a tree when they were playing... They wanted to rear it but they eventually died off 2 days later when they were bathing them grin grin grin (more like drowned them) as I could not kill it..

GALAGOS
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by kingola111(m): 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
starbuck:
What Animal Is This?

Look more like a possum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Search For Man Who Painted Dog Like Tiger To Scare Locals In Malaysia / I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? / Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.