Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah (44855 Views)

2023 Presidency: Afenifere Will Not Support Tinubu, Others - Ayo Adebanjo / Amotekun: ‘to Hell With Their Presidency’, Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah / 2019 Presidency: Afenifere Meets Obasanjo, May Adopt Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Asifiwe(m): 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
Northern group says they have people ready to work with Amotekun.

- Former military coup plotters in the North are scared of Amotekun

- Even Babangida is against and afraid of Amotekun!

- Miyetti Allah says South West should forget Presidency in 2023 because of Amotekun

- Arewa Consultative Forum says South West launching Amotekun will break up Nigeria

- Middle Belt ready to launch their own Amotekun too...

Guys, there's something about this Operation Amotekun that is scaring these people that they are not telling us. What are they afraid of? ��‍♂️ ��‍♂️

Are they scared that when Yorubas roar, it isn't for fun. Even Babangida knows it.

Stay tuned...

Maiyegun General

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Snipper007: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
Asifiwe:

- Miyetti Allah says South West should forget Presidency in 2023 because of Amotekun

- Arewa Consultative Forum says South West launching Amotekun will break up Nigeria

Guys, there's something about this Operation Amotekun that is scaring these people that they are not telling us. What are they afraid of? ��‍♂️ ��‍♂️

Are they scared that when Yorubas roar, it isn't for fun. Even Babangida knows it.

Stay tuned...

Maiyegun General

Let me tell you why,
Recall what danjuma said some days back @ the University of Ibadan?
The northerners are seriously taking over sw through the Fulani, setting up camps in different locations in the SW, thesame patern they used to conquer the middle belt region so they seriously fear that thier plans are gonna be discovered through this local security outfit.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by paix(m): 12:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
When the north was busy inaugurating the HISBAH, KATO DA GORA, CIVILIAN JTF etc; nobody countered or threatened them from the other regions. If the north thinks AMOTEKUN is illegal, they too should disband their groups. What is good for the goose is equally good for the gander!!

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by T9ksy(m): 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
Asifiwe:

Stay tuned...

Maiyegun General

Even the run-away nnamdi cownnu (who couldn't go back home to bury his parents) has offered 1million of his ipob youths to Operation Amotekun. However we no send am.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by bakescos01: 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
Sunnymatey:
You must be alive first before aspiring to become a president.
If the terrorist succeed to kill all in SW, who then becomes the president.

In 2020, one tribe will kill another tribe of SW that’s impossible. Even the ICC will get involve. The world is a global village now.
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by MedicH: 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
Vortex369:
When Mr. Yoruba aligned with sub-human species that fucck cows and disassociated with next door brothers on politics, I knew their intelligence as a people was to be seen as cowardice.

Now, I have finally read something I am proud of, and Oduduwa, Sango, Ogun and Osun may not be put to shame, cos their offsprings so far accepted to be slaves instead of daughters and sons of the Gods.

How could Children of the Gods stoop so low to become slaves of Cowherders who actually use the Presidency and the National Armed Forces to decimate an intelligent tribe, kill their Kings, Rape their Wives and rename their land.

Yet they worship a cocaine-fueled political mafia who rose to public view by murdering a known cerebral elite of Oduduwa Race.

IPOB has offered an alliance, it is time for this new generation of the children of Sango and Chukwu Okike Abiama to ignore the betrayal of their forefathers and form an alliance that will send shockwaves to the hearts of the Cowherders and their Aso occupants.

Though I love the cowherders and their ShortWave Radios as a people, I hate the spirit of violence their runs their illiterate minds.

Let there be peace and if peace is too expensive, let there be war. I love wars, but I love peace the more.

Vortex veins. Applause
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by GermanMelania: 12:36pm On Jan 17, 2020
Snipper007:

Am not been elitists but after going through your posts both on this thread and others I observed that your level of compression is very low, no offense just an observation.

It is I'm. Not "Am" . If you wan insult me make e pain me. No offense taken. I mean i was just correcting your insulting northeners so why wouldn't you turn it on me? What else you got?
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by paix(m): 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
I can't imagine a group of HERDSMEN telling LEARNED people how to safeguard their territory. So, they're now the kingmaker in this country, the presidency goes to the region of their choosing.
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Guestlander: 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2020
LandMann:
We all should put emotions, tribalism and ethnic hatred aside and examine this issue of Ametokun based purely on its merits and demerits and in light of existing laws.

The following points should guide us:

1. Internal security is an exclusive task of the FG. FG can give authority to state or local actors to improve security. Example; local vigilantes and some paramilitary organisation like Man o War must acquire police permission before operating... This is an example of FG giving other actors permission to act in improving security.

2. There's no federal law or agreement between federal and state outlining the activities to be covered by Ametokun, given the existence of police, nscdc and other existing internal security outfit... This agreement or law is important to avoid conflict between these organisations when issues of security occur. We're still dealing with superiority contest between FRSC, VIO, NSCDC, YELLOW FEVER, POLICE AND ARMY on our highways...

3. With no national law or agreement coupled with high level of illiteracy and unprofessionalism of most state workers, state governments can quickly start using Ametokun as instrument of oppression and a means of further looting state resources because security spending is often shrouded in secrecy, and even Ametokun members can take to crimes as side hustle when they start feeling dissatisfied with their salary. They have the training and the instrument of force (guns)... Who's going to prevent them from misusing both and how?

The above are just some issues worth considering.

If all the loopholes are properly plugged, then Ametokun can kick off.

We shouldn't cheer on the idea even with the obvious loopholes because it can quickly spread, every region can quickly have their own version of Ametokun and it won't be long before outside actors start smuggling weapons to these different regional Ametokuns and with the existing ethnic hatred, it won't take long before another civil war arises that will tear Nigeria apart and make current Libya and Iraq look like heaven compared to how Nigeria will look like.

We should protect our country, not our states or region or ethnic enclave.

There will be no need for Amotekun if some people have not taken it upon themselves to kill and maim fellow citizens for no reason.
Self preservation is the first law of nature, every other thing is secondary.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Snipper007: 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2020
GermanMelania:

It is I'm. Not "Am" . If you wan insult me make e pain me. No offense taken. I mean i was just correcting your insulting northeners so why wouldn't you turn it on me? What else you got?

Thanks.....
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
LandMann:
We all should put emotions, tribalism and ethnic hatred aside and examine this issue of Ametokun based purely on its merits and demerits and in light of existing laws.

1. Internal security is an exclusive task of the FG. FG can give authority to state or local actors to improve security. Example; local vigilantes and some paramilitary organisation like Man o War must acquire police permission before operating... This is an example of FG giving other actors permission to act in improving security.

2. There's no federal law or agreement between federal and state outlining the activities to be covered by Ametokun, given the existence of police, nscdc and other existing internal security outfit... This agreement or law is important to avoid conflict between these organisations when issues of security occur. We're still dealing with superiority contest between FRSC, VIO, NSCDC, YELLOW FEVER, POLICE AND ARMY on our highways...

3. With no national law or agreement coupled with high level of illiteracy and unprofessionalism of most state workers, state governments can quickly start using Ametokun as instrument of oppression and a means of further looting state resources because security spending is often shrouded in secrecy, and even Ametokun members can take to crimes as side hustle when they start feeling dissatisfied with their salary. They have the training and the instrument of force (guns)... Who's going to prevent them from misusing both and how?

We shouldn't cheer on the idea even with the obvious loopholes because it can quickly spread, every region can quickly have their own version of Ametokun and it won't be long before outside actors start smuggling weapons to these different regional Ametokuns and with the existing ethnic hatred, it won't take long before another civil war arises that will tear Nigeria apart and make current Libya and Iraq look like heaven compared to how Nigeria will look like.

Hmmm. Nice write. There must always be a Judas for every endeavour

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by T9ksy(m): 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2020
Guestlander:

There will be no need for Amotekun if some people have not taken it upon themselves to kill and maim fellow citizens for no reason.
Self preservation is the first law of nature, every other think is secondary.

Be ni o!!! Each and every organism abides by this rule.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Mrexcell(m): 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
Snipper007:

Guy those people are not any educated, the only tool they use in making you feel they are educated is politics of numbers which they don't even Hv, the only thing I know they Hv is land mass.....if you look at the North criticaly you will realize that wt they know how to do well is under-age voting. Fvckk the north

How are they educated and sound when they can't even differentiate what's right and wrong?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by ddjay: 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
WOW, THE UNHOLY UNION BETWEEN ODUDUWA AND THE ABOKI/ALMAJIRI PART OF THE NORTH HAS SUCCESSFULLY ENDED (THOUGH NOT WELL) SO WILL TINUBU GET THE 2023 PRESIDENCY
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by bakescos01: 12:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
femmy2010:
I am Yoruba and I am sure Mr Yinka Odumakin, is not speaking for me.
The governments should have done it right and prove to us they are doing it right.
We do not know how the Amotekun operatives were engaged/employed
we do not know how much they are paid etc.
Just imagine of Amotekun in the hands of politicians. May God help us.

You are not a Yoruba. The security and lives of the citizen is the number rule and goal of every government. SW governors will not come to your house and tell you how Amotekun operatives were engaged. Same way the police and military won’t tell any Nigeria how they engage there forces. They don’t even let us know how they spend the money on defense. Amotekun is for SW internal security and give them time to work before castigating them. The federal government and states have been using police and army for election long ago already. But that doesn’t bother you but Amotekun’s own bothers you. Please say something else abeg, Amotekun is here to stay if you don’t want it, feel free to go hug transformer or run back to the North were you will feel safe in the hands of banditry, herdsmen and the Boko boyz.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by T9ksy(m): 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
paix:
I can't imagine a group of HERDSMEN telling LEARNED people how to safeguard their territory. So, they're now the kingmaker in this country, the presidency goes to the region of their choosing.

The bolded above has always been the case (apart from the 6months when Ironsi held sway) since zik sold us all to the sardunna who in turn sent his minion, Tafawa balewa to the centre

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by paix(m): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2020
T9ksy:

The bolded above has always been the case (apart from the 6months when Ironsi held sway) since zik sold us all to the sardunna who in turn sent his minion, Tafawa balewa to the centre
Positive change will come one day, when this nonsense will be brought to a halt.
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Sanchez01: 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2020
LandMann:

Sir, if you don't have anything meaningful, take the back seat and let breeze reach better people. Internal security is the sole responsibility of the FG but Hisbal is in full operation in the North and you didn't think to mention it in your vomit?

The presidency and its militia have been jittery since Àmọ̀tẹ́kùn was launched. To what end? You didn't say a thing about lowlife hersdmen who have been saying or two about the outfit being illegal and must incorporate their people. The Fulanis are a tiny fraction of the Nigerian population. Their expansionist agenda can only be curbed by regional security.

The aging donkey in Aso Rock along with his wildlings who plot, and pretend they don't know about the activities of hersdmen across the country are now concerned about regional security just because it will threaten their plans.

I sincerely hope Southeastern governors develop the balls to rub the salt in, alongside their clueless colleagues in the South South.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by bakescos01: 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
Coldie:
Yoruba's want use there hand destroy there chance of 2023 presidency.

Well its a win win for the south south and Amaechi

Lol, for you presidency means sacrificing the lives of your people ? Just sit back and enjoy the ride cos very soon the federal power will be cut short. Nigeria will be restructured and if you people like you can hold to presidency forever. Nobody cares. The state will make its own money and spend his own money and not giving all back to the Federal government. Under true Federalism the Federal government is just a caretaker
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by 0monnak0da: 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
LandMann:

1. Internal security is an exclusive task of the FG.

Do you have any evidence, citations or links to buttress this assertion?
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by nams77: 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
LandMann:

Shut up.
Go and read what Falana and other lawyers are saying on this issue. Policing/security is not the exclusive preserve of FG. It is shared by FG, the 36 states and the police commission.

If you are not OK with that, then approach the law court

Cc. Omonnak0da. Sanchez01

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
femmy2010:
I am Yoruba and I am sure Mr Yinka Odumakin, is not speaking for me.
The governments should have done it right and prove to us they are doing it right.
We do not know how the Amotekun operatives were engaged/employed
we do not know how much they are paid etc.
Just imagine of Amotekun in the hands of politicians. May God help us.

Judasi bawo ni
Mama e ni kin so fun e pe asaro ti jina

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by 0monnak0da: 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
LandMann:

2. There's no federal law or agreement between federal and state outlining the activities to be covered by Ametokun, given the existence of police, nscdc and other existing internal security outfit.

Is there such a law covering Hisbah in Kano?
Maybe you heard maybe not in the last two weeks there was a report of a NPF policeman arrested in Kano for consorting with prostitutes
Is there a law or agreement covering this?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by nams77: 1:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
Sanchez01:

Sir, if you don't have anything meaningful, take the back seat and let breeze reach better people. Internal security is the sole responsibility of the FG but Hisbal is in full operation in the North and you didn't think to mention it in your vomit?

The presidency and its militia have been jittery since Àmọ̀tẹ́kùn was launched. To what end? You didn't say a thing about lowlife hersdmen who have been saying or two about the outfit being illegal and must incorporate their people. The Fulanis are a tiny fraction of the Nigerian population. Their expansionist agenda can only be curbed by regional security.

The aging donkey in Aso Rock along with his wildlings who plot, and pretend they don't know about the activities of hersdmen across the country are now concerned about regional security just because it will threaten their plans.

I sincerely hope Southeastern governors develop the balls to rub the salt in, alongside their clueless colleagues in the South South.

I don't fear for the SE/SS. When push come to shove they will rise to the occasion. Its not about the governors, its about the mindset of the people, when they are pushed against the wall.
I can bet on this
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by LandMann: 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
0monnak0da:

Do you have any evidence, citations or links to buttress this assertion?

Here's a link to show you list of items on the exclusive and concurrent list...

The area of focus should be item 2, 17 and 45... You'll see they're all under exclusive list and will impact operation of any organised security system.

http://www.waado.org/NigerDelta/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/SecondSchedule.html
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Victorex001(m): 1:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
This is interesting, I keep saying every wise and sensible Yorubaman/woman should call for Oduduwa Nation, only the rich and elites that ripe off from this country that would stay silent with one Nigeria....

ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD & GONE!
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 17, 2020
SPENCERD:
[s]Afenifere and Yoruba good morning. You people just woke up from your slumber. I wonder if it will last! By the way,who told you that you are more educated than the North? If your claim were right, why did you choose an illiterate and a certificate less rtd army general to be you your president over a doctorates degree holder? Why did you allow professor of law to be under a man that can't produce his WAEC certificate?
until you people join forces with Biafra and Niger delta,you still remain a toothless bulldog that will always do the bidding of the North.[/s]
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by 0monnak0da: 1:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
LandMann:

Here's a link to show you list of items on the exclusive and concurrent list...

The area of focus should be item 2, 17 and 45... You'll see they're all under exclusive list and will impact operation of any organised security system.

http://www.waado.org/NigerDelta/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/SecondSchedule.html
What you have cited does not buttress your claim
You said security is on the exclusive list

IT IS NOT.
Your opinion is not the constitution.
If there is any disagreement the FG should go to court

Even legislation about Petrol would IMPACT operation of security outfit? So what?
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Snipper007: 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
They just killed lagatha Ragnar lotbroke's wife........ cry
I loved her
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Blackking98(m): 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2020
Josh44s:

Hisbal police in the North is what sire? Why isn’t anyone admitting the truth. The core owners of the Northern part of Nigeria “The Hausa” have been infiltrated and dominated by the marauders “the Fulanis” and they are trying to shift their cause to conquer the entire South, East and West gradually. This step taken by the West is a huge setback for their cause to conquer the entire nation. This is the plain and bitter truth everyone is turning a blind eye to or refusing to speak.
Some people are turning blind eyes not anyone. The hausas have developed Stockholm syndrome and I don't think they can be saved at this point. The Yoruba should know better, they lost illorin and those Invaders are struggling Oyo with them presently, just like back in the days there was a certain General afonja who betrayed his people for a plate of porridge, they have someone in the name of tinubu and his supporters who are ready to sell the Yorubas because of his selfish ambition. The fulani know no matter how hard they try they can't infiltrate Igbo land and Niger Delta successfully without subduing the Yorubas, it's up to the west now to stand up and fight or remain on their knees because of becoming president
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
jimyjames:
What we Igbo's saw 50 years ago Yoruba's are just seeing it now, glory be to God for opening their eyes

You guys like fooling yourselves don't you?

Go and read the history of Nigeria and ask yourself why an Igbo man, Nnamdi Azikiwe among others refused Awolowo's move to insert the referendum clause into the Nigerian Constitution.

Most of you here are kids really. Read up son and stop spewing trash.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by LandMann: 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
0monnak0da:

What you have cited does not buttress your claim
You said security is on the exclusive list

IT IS NOT.
Your opinion is not the constitution.
If there is any disagreement the FG should go to court

Even legislation about Petrol would IMPACT operation of security outfit? So what?

Take some time to read my initial post, read the information on the link and think about all the information for a few minutes so you understand it.

1. In my post I said security issue is the exclusive preserve of the FG.

2. Then I gave you a link showing you the list of items that are solely the responsibility of FG.

3. In the list, I pointed out items 2, 17 and 45 which all deal with security and which all fall under exclusive list.

4. For your information, the exclusive list is a list of items that fg has control over.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

2019 Election: Osinbajo Drops His "Prof" Title For "Pastor" On A Billboard / Nigerian Soldiers Jubilating After Victory Over Boko Haram (photo) / Obasanjo Registers As Member Of Coalition Of Nigeria Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.