Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee - Science/Technology (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee (44109 Views)

Elon Musk's Brain-chip Company Neuralink Gets Approval To Start Human Trial(pic) / Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix / The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 4:36am On Jan 18, 2020
aadoiza:

They can actually do so but it won't be the original soul that departs the body.

Soul doesn't depart from your body. As you are now, you are a [living] soul.
When a person die, he/she is a dead soul. Read Ezekiel 18:20, Ecclesiastes 3:19, Ecclesiastes 9:5.

The bottom line, those Bible text proves that the soul doesn't survive if the breath stops. That is why there will be resurrection of the dead soul but in God's memory to have everlasting life. Read John 5:​28, 29 and Psalm 37:29
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 4:55am On Jan 18, 2020
Birdeyeview:

I'm happy you made it your goal to part of the family.
we surely speak the PURE language...
may Jah continue to give you the needed strenght and fortitude in this wicked system of things.

Amen
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by aadoiza: 6:24am On Jan 18, 2020
sagieramos:

Soul doesn't depart from your body. As you are now, you are a [living] soul.
When a person die, he/she is a dead soul. Read Ezekiel 18:20, Ecclesiastes 3:19, Ecclesiastes 9:5.

The bottom line, those Bible text proves that the soul doesn't survive if the breath stops. That is why there will be resurrection of the dead soul but in God's memory to have everlasting life. Read John 5:​28, 29 and Psalm 37:29
You certainly have a different understanding of soul then.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Itzurboi(m): 8:10am On Jan 18, 2020
TheEnygma:

my point Exactly ......after watching that movie, i started getting Scared of the future.
I'm currently researching on a project, i will dm u...
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Itzurboi(m): 8:21am On Jan 18, 2020
Felixamos:

Guy give me only one example with proof where any scientist have given life to any dead creature or created any living being(be it animal or human) and I would denounce my religion instantly.. The way some of you resean ehn! Do you know what and what makes up a human being? If you did, you wouldn't be arguing over something you don't know anything about..
Hello, what do we term "incubation" of large scale production of eggs to chicks.. who gave it life,God or Incubator cc LegendHero, 1StopRudeness,PotatoSalad,MrTruth4real
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by davien(m): 8:31am On Jan 18, 2020
The same people who believe in God and the Bible have forgotten the story of the tower of Babel, where God got scared humans were advancing enough to surpass him, science/technology trumps belief so much that even their literature is wary of it.

I don't believe this tech would work in the near future but who knows. Maybe if humans met advanced alien life we may be able to restart the biochemistry of the body/brain(if it were possible to begin with or retain all biological functions).
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 9:01am On Jan 18, 2020
aadoiza:

You certainly have a different understanding of soul then.
This is the Bible truth. Below are some proves from other Bible references regarding our soul

sagieramos:
Spirit (energy) + body (dust) = Soul (person)
You are a living soul in this equation...

Soul (person) – spirit (energy) = dust
The soul/person is dead or unconscious in this equation

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils; Job 27:3

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. Job 33:4

My understanding from the Bible, the spirit is the energy that sustain the soul
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by GEOANDSONS: 9:35am On Jan 18, 2020
kellystone87:

How much are these chairs
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by dotlanre(m): 9:58am On Jan 18, 2020
Colorado1:

Bros dis part of d bible u just quoted only happens after the rapture but not before

Cos after d rapture a lot of people will look for dearh but dey won't die, dey will jump into d sea but the sea will throw them out, even knife and gun will not take anyone's life by that time
What the purpose of the rapture to mankind and the world at that particular time?
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by TheEnygma(m): 11:08am On Jan 18, 2020
Itzurboi:
I'm currently researching on a project, i will dm u...
I'm Sorry i Can't really access that email address anymore.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by rexandyke(m): 11:18am On Jan 18, 2020
Righteousness89:
Impossible task........
The Capacity of the Human brain can only function to the degree GOD ALMIGHTY allows..
There is Only One RESURRECTION and THE LIFE. That is JESUS CHRIST... We don't have that Capability as Humans , Except on Basis where the dead is brought back to Life In The Name oF JESUS CHRIST

This is one Reason GOD ALMIGHTY made The Greatest gift (SALVATION) Free of Charge..

If Salvation/ Eternity in Heaven was Monetized, Many of us will not be able to Access it, as some persons would have Purchased for their Unborn Generations...

could you believe people now enter driverless cars and go to space, return and do some unimaginable things?

That is the power of science. It is always impossible until they prove it. Have you watched the movie titled "Replica"?
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Righteousness89(m): 11:24am On Jan 18, 2020
rexandyke:

could you believe people now enter driverless cars and go to space, return and do some unimaginable things?

That is the power of science. It is always impossible until they prove it. Have you watched the movie titled "Replica"?
Life is not a movie..

Life has one source! That source is GOD ALMIGHTY

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kenobi007(m): 4:24am On Jan 19, 2020
IME1:
I served in Sokoto State many years ago and it was an awesome experience
Used an open air bathroom and toilet all through grin
Slept on floor, ok the mattress was that flat, all through lipsrsealed
Had little knowledge of the language or terrain
Experienced sand storm twice
Experienced terrible cold and heat, brokenness and hunger, alone and typhoid
But in all these when the time came to go, I packed my bags and bade my lovely city goodbye

No matter how much I loved my time there, I had to move on.
Even if I go there now it won't be the same because the good friends, employers, colleagues, churchmates and neighbours and yes henemies I shared that time and experience with are no longer there
It would be for me like a stranger in Moscow

At my age now, at times 2 the number now with a decade toppings, why will I want to still press to live longer than God wills? Who will be with me then? My great great great grandchildren abi? Their parents and grant parents and great grand parents? Abi lalasticlala or little Emmanuela

My grandfather would have been 98 this year but before he died he told me that he felt like there was no one for him to gist with because most of his age mates and contemporaries had passed. When he became ill, he asked that we let him go and not spend on unnecessary medical tourism. This was a man that had travelled far and wide and had great great grand children and everything he wanted.

So if a Russian is frozen in 2020 with all the things going on now, when he wakes up in 2222 or let me not exaggerate, 2099 or 2100, what would he want to do?

It's the same way I find it hard to follow most contemporary songs, I still dance to my 70s, 80s, 90s jamz then by 2100 you would want me to dance to what now? talk about what now? Live with who now? Work which work?

I beg shift... make them go look for solution to, I mean permanent solutions to asthma, epilepsy, AIDS, cancer, hepatitis series, sickle cell anaemia, dementia, down syndrome and other things that are plaguing the NOW world please, I beg, please

If it works, don't u think it's a solution to all these diseases u mentioned. The brains of a cancer patient just needs to be implanted into a healthier body. Same memory, same u, different body.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Fivepercent: 8:02am On Jan 19, 2020
...and there'll just happen to be a healthy body lying around with no brain inside for the transplant?
kenobi007:

If it works, don't u think it's a solution to all these diseases u mentioned. The brains of a cancer patient just needs to be implanted into a healthier body. Same memory, same u, different body.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by turl(m): 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
Blindersoff:

Tell that to the scientists who are arguing FOR it and using already existing Scientific falsifications to back it up like the String theory. Before you speak learn to follow my directives about reading up the arguments for an against by scientists so you would not make a fool of yourself
You're the perfect description of an arrogant indoctrinated religious sheep with no idea what you're talking about. Criticising bleeding edge ideas but won't apply the same level of criticism to your ancient religions riddled with factual implausibilities and blatant lies.
That I call it a hypothesis doesn't invalidate the ideas, it just means it hasn't been fully agreed upon. The multiverse theory is one of many hypotheses that aims to explain what led to the birth of our universe. Look up what it takes to confirm a scientific theory before you come here to embarrass your family.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by turl(m): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
MrTruth4real:

The multiverse is an idea that has many scientific theory backing it up. You need to know the meaning of words b4 using them.
Einstein theory of relativity is one of them. And all theories has solid argument against them. It's why they are theories in the first place and not laws.
Yes it is indeed an idea; a hypothesis. A scientific theory is not the same as a theory in everyday speak. A theory is the highest level of a 'pass mark' an idea can get from science. The multiverse 'theory' isn't to be thought as as a scientific theory but a hypothesis.. Look up the difference before you come here to say fvckery like " It's why they are theories in the first place and not laws."
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
turl:

Yes it is indeed an idea; a hypothesis. A scientific theory is not the same as a theory in everyday speak. A theory is the highest level of a 'pass mark' an idea can get from science. The multiverse 'theory' isn't to be thought as as a scientific theory but a hypothesis.. Look up the difference before you come here to say fvckery like " It's why they are theories in the first place and not laws."
Lol, u are very funny, a theory is a theory, whether scientific or not. And all theories has some form of opposition. Do u know that Einstein theory of relativity is wildly accepted but not generally accepted, some people still oppose his theory of relativity yet it is a scientific theory and it's from this theory of relativity the idea of multiverse came about. Finally an idea is not an hypothesis.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Mrshape: 7:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
sagieramos:

It's a pleasure I now have true brothers and sisters in Jehovah's Organisation. My baptism was last year
You are welcome bro.
Nice meeting you

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by turl(m): 12:20am On Jan 22, 2020
MrTruth4real:

Lol, u are very funny, a theory is a theory, whether scientific or not. And all theories has some form of opposition. Do u know that Einstein theory of relativity is wildly accepted but not generally accepted, some people still oppose his theory of relativity yet it is a scientific theory and it's from this theory of relativity the idea of multiverse came about. Finally an idea is not an hypothesis.

2. Just a theory?

Climate-change deniers and creationists have deployed the word "theory" to cast doubt on climate change and evolution.

"It's as though it weren't true because it's just a theory," Allain said.

That's despite the fact that an overwhelming amount of evidence supports both human-caused climate change and Darwin's theory of evolution.

Part of the problem is that the word "theory" means something very different in lay language than it does in science: A scientific theory is an explanation of some aspect of the natural world that has been substantiated through repeated experiments or testing. But to the average Jane or Joe, a theory is just an idea that lives in someone's head, rather than an explanation rooted in experiment and testing.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/just-a-theory-7-misused-science-words/

People like you are the ones they're referring to here. Read up and stop committing the crime you're accusing people of.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kenobi007(m): 9:17am On Jan 23, 2020
Fivepercent:
...and there'll just happen to be a healthy body lying around with no brain inside for the transplant?
thats why they are anticipating a breakthrough in the future where technology will come up with a means of either replicating a complete human body or they can use a healthy person that just died or whatever. i just feels if it ever happens, the rich will never die again o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fintech: Top 30 Leading Women In Nigeria’s Financial Technology Industyr / World's Last Male White Rhino Dies / Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55