Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee (44106 Views)

Elon Musk's Brain-chip Company Neuralink Gets Approval To Start Human Trial(pic) / Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix / The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Well I’m not an atheist. I’m a Muslim but I always make sure my views are not limited by religion.

Go and start reading about the breakthrough in science so you can understand that impossibility is not part of science.

The main issue is when will they achieve that? 1000 or 5000 years from now?

Guy I would transfer 5k to you right now if you can show me any living creature that has been created by science from nothing.. You are getting everything mixed up.. Science is making breakthrough and would continue making break through but not giving back life to a dead being or creating a living being(be it animal or human being)..

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
kimlee3:
The beauty of science, always unraveling things

The beauty of science, always TRYING to unravel the ALREADY EXISTING THINGS MADE BY GOD

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
atheistandproud:

Even our phones have machine learning. They learn and adjust to our usage patterns.

And the phones EVOLVED to this ability themselves or became Programmed to function in this way but within limits?

Which is it?

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

And the phones EVOLVED to this ability themselves or became Programmed to function in this way but within limits?

Which is it?

Scientist are yet to understand how God created man, yet that guy is believing they can give breath back to a dead being..

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Ubdavis(m): 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

Same way there is none that points to the fact that such human never existed

I'm very impressed u know that. U sound JW thought, maybe I'm wrong
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 4:27pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

Guy I would transfer 5k to you right now if you can show me any living creature that has been created by science from nothing.. You are getting everything mixed up.. Science is making breakthrough and would continue making break through but not giving back life to a dead being or creating a living being(be it animal or human being)..

Oh I think we are seeing this from a different context. What you are trying to say is different from what I am saying.

The initial argument was that can science bring the dead back to life? I explained a case where the heart was removed and a synthetic heart was used to keep the human being alive.

What I also said is that if the function of the heart can be duplicated by humans (using some tubes), then they can be able to use that to duplicate the functions of some vital organs which eventually might be able to sustain or raise the dead back to life.

For the 5k, I think I can give you 10 times of that amount without blinking.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

Scientist are yet to understand how God created man, yet that guy is believing they can give breath back to a dead being..

Their arguments are actually DOA because science cannot exist without the already pre-existing nature of all things it utilizes plus science most times are successful attempts at making physically available and bringing into physical perception what has been microscopically observed or naturally observed in nature.

Cryonics could only have been conceived because ice first existed. Without this, there would be no cryonics

End Of Discussion

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Well I’m not an atheist. I’m a Muslim but I always make sure my views are not limited by religion.

Go and start reading about the breakthrough in science so you can understand that impossibility is not part of science.

The main issue is when will they achieve that? 1000 or 5000 years from now?

Have you ever sat back to imaging how sperm(that is liquid) would form a baby, who would later grow up with strong bones and teeth.. Have you ever bothered to ask yourself where the brains, the liver, the kidney the tongue and every thing appereard from? After all it was just a sperm with none of those organs attached on it.. Till today scientist have not fully grasp the transformation of sperm to a living human.. Yet some of them would still tell you there is no God... Shouldn't you be clapping for God already? Don't argue blindly.. Scientists can never give life to a human being.. Gosh!!! If only you knew how complex the human body is..

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ubdavis:

I'm very impressed u know that. U sound JW thought, maybe I'm wrong

I am 100% Pentecostal
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
IME1:
I served in Sokoto State many years ago and it was an awesome experience
Used an open air bathroom and toilet all through grin
Slept on floor, ok the mattress was that flat, all through lipsrsealed
Had little knowledge of the language or terrain
Experienced sand storm twice
Experienced terrible cold and heat, brokenness and hunger, alone and typhoid
But in all these when the time came to go, I packed my bags and bade my lovely city goodbye

No matter how much I loved my time there, I had to move on.
Even if I go there now it won't be the same because the good friends, employers, colleagues, churchmates and neighbours and yes henemies I shared that time and experience with are no longer there
It would be for me like a stranger in Moscow

At my age now, at times 2 the number now with a decade toppings, why will I want to still press to live longer than God wills? Who will be with me then? My great great great grandchildren abi? Their parents and grant parents and great grand parents? Abi lalasticlala or little Emmanuela

My grandfather would have been 98 this year but before he died he told me that he felt like there was no one for him to gist with because most of his age mates and contemporaries had passed. When he became ill, he asked that we let him go and not spend on unnecessary medical tourism. This was a man that had travelled far and wide and had great great grand children and everything he wanted.

So if a Russian is frozen in 2020 with all the things going on now, when he wakes up in 2222 or let me not exaggerate, 2099 or 2100, what would he want to do?

It's the same way I find it had to follow most contemporary songs, I still dance to my 70s, 80s, 90s jamz then by 2100 you would want me to dance to what now? talk about what now? Live with who now? Work which work?

I beg shift... make them go look for solution to, I mean permanent solutions to asthma, epilepsy, AIDS, cancer, hepatitis series, sickle cell anaemia, dementia, down syndrome and other things that are plaguing the NOW world please, I beg, please

One of the best piece i've ever read

that's why for me I'm never interested in heaven or hell

I will surely get bored after 200 years no matter how intersting the activities are
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

it's showoff time...

two of u should not make mouth for nothing..... money must exchange hands here today ooooo
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Oh I think we are seeing this from a different context. What you are trying to say is different from what I am saying.

The initial argument was that can science bring the dead back to life? I explained a case where the heart was removed and a synthetic heart was used to keep the human being alive.

What I also said is that if the function of the heart can be duplicated by humans (using some tubes), then they can be able to use that to duplicate the functions of some vital organs which eventually might be able to sustain or raise the dead back to life.

For how long was "the synthetic heart" used to keep the person alive? Do you know the difference between sustaining the body during a surgery process and giving life back to a dead body? Lastly I hate it when people brag.. When I said I would give u 5k if you met my conditions I meant it and that was I mentioned an amount I know I could afford.. So should I send my accnt number so you can give me times 10 of the 5k "without blinking"? Mtchewwwwwwwwww..

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2020
27Pushing30:

But they figured out how to create devices you could use to get first hand news and be enlightened.

Your God didn’t do that
Are you an athiest or what?
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Ubdavis(m): 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

I am 100% Pentecostal

I just met one victim of religious brainwash ...

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Ubdavis(m): 4:37pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

I am 100% Pentecostal

I just met one victim of religious brainwash...

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

For how long was "the synthetic heart" used to keep the person alive?
Do you know the difference between sustaining the body during a surgery process and giving life back to a dead body? Lastly I hate it when people brag.. When I said I would give u 5k if you met my conditions I meant it.. So should I send my accnt number so you can give me times 10 of the 5k "without blinking"? Mtchewwwwwwwwww..

Have you done a research before? If you have done a research before, you wouldn't have said the bolded word.

Research is like a contribution to already existing knowledge or creating new knowlege from scratch. If they can create a synthetic heart that worked for 10 days in 2019 for example, they can create a synthetic heart that will work for 50 years in the year 2999. That is what I am telling you.

The patient died not because of the effect of the synthetic heart but he died due to the complications from other organs.

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Have you done a research before? If you have done a research before, you wouldn't have said the bolded word.

Research is like a contribution to already existing knowledge or creating new knowlege from scratch. If they can create a synthetic heart that worked for 10 days in 2019 for example, they can create a synthetic heart that will work for 50 years in the year 2999. That is what I am telling you.

The patient died not because of the effect of the synthetic heart but he died due to the complications from other organs.

Guy mention only two things from "the synthetic heart" that was created from nowhere by the scientist..
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
Macsjebs:

Oyaaaaa Osheeyyyyy grin
Just check my signature and use the money to get urself a nice perfume oil and car perfume oil

Well I don't live where I can make use of your perfume easily. Gracias
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

This is not true. There are some robots that are embedded with machine learning such that they can train themselves and learn their surrounding by inferring from their earlier knowledge.

Don’t argue with me coz I know what I’m saying.

You’re right about robot not yet having emotions, but that can be possible in the future and you don’t need to rule out the possibility.

I'm also learning ML (tensorflow), don't be deceived it's not as perfect as they portrays it on the media... The most successful application is still on the social media such as FB (because a social media have the largest binary tree to be processed due to its multiple users, but a robot have a few), and it's only limited to its preinstalled information (or users' data) within its database.

Wait! Do you know that a mosquito's brain is larger than Amazon, FB, and Google combined, yet, A mosquito is smaller than your 32gb SDcard
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by cococandy(f): 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2020
Never say never

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by HollaAyo(m): 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
This makes me remember one of Naira Marley's song lyrics (Opotoyi)

" Ko so'ogun aiku

iku lo gara ju

eni ton sho ogun aiku fun gan

to ba Ku, bawo lo shey fe gba refund"

roughly translates as

" There is no medicine to overcome death

Death is the strongest

whoever pays for the medicine

if he dies, how will he collect refund "

#Marlians
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
sagieramos:

I'm also learning ML (tensorflow), don't be deceived it's not as perfect as they portrays it on the media... The most successful application is still on the social media such as FB (because a social media have the largest binary tree to be processed, but a robot have a few), and it's only limited to its preinstalled information (or users' data) within its database.

Wait! Do you know that a mosquito brain is larger than Amazon, FB, and Google combined, yet, its smaller than your 32gb SDcard
I am not saying they are at par with human being yet but what I am saying is that we should not rule out the possibility.

At least they are progressing, maybe not at a faster pace but they are learning. In 5000 years ago, who would have thought that heart/Kidney transplant would have been possible? Who would have though that a heart can actually be removed and replaced by a human made substance and the patient will still be kept alive for days?

I am a Muslim, a believer in God. However, I am thinking God himself gives these guys free will coz if they are advancing at this pace and coming generations keep building on this current human knowledge then nothing is impossible!

2 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ubdavis:

I just met one victim of religious brainwash...

Yet smarter than you scientifically brainwashed

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol... Can a heart give back life to a human.. Did all the dead people die without a heart in them?.. I wonder why I'm still arguing this thing with you..
And you're asking me if I've done research before? That's laughable na..
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

Guy mention only two things from "the synthetic heart" that was created from nowhere by the scientist..

An artificial heart is a device that replaces the heart. Artificial hearts are typically used to bridge the time to heart transplantation, or to permanently replace the heart in case heart transplantation is impossible.

The first artificial heart to be successfully implanted in a human was the Jarvik-7 in 1982, designed by a team including Willem Johan Kolff and Robert Jarvik.

Is this not synthetic enough? Guy science is way above limitation, that it hasn't happened now does not mean it's impossible.

Attached is the image below!

3 Likes

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Mjpem23(m): 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
sagieramos:
Have they figure out the process of reviving damaged DNA behind cells and organs formation that was caused by Adam?
If they haven't, God's kingdom is our only hope for everlasting life

*If you get sure Australia client postpaid account DM*
*OPTUS*
*TELSTRA*
*VODAFONE*
LET'S SHARE APPLE PRODUCTS

*I BUY ALL COUNTRIES GIFTCARDS AT COOL RATE*

0 7 0 13 13 40 36
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by keenn: 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:
I can bet my life that no matter how science improves, it can never and would never bring back the dead.. There are things that can only be done by God and bringing back the dead is one of them.. Even Satan sef no fit..

There's a limit to everything and there's a limit science can never cross..

Don't be surprised when this useless Nigeria govt would come out tomorrow and say "the ministry of science would be investing in brain freeze soon"...

What if someone said, a time would come when we will hold a metal and communicate with each other and even see ourselves on that metal dispute disranches away.

What if someone said a metal will be carrying people around in the air.

Or man will go to moon and come back.

Never say nevery, science is still in it rudimentary stage.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by armadeo(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2020
popsy2:
You all want to stay on earth, oblivious of whether or not what lies in the great beyond is much better than what we have here.

All I can say is that this is a fraud[b]. They are cashing out on the emotional attachment people have for "living forever".[/b] They were even clear enough by warning that they make no guarantees just as MMM was warning. That's brazen. Our political class storming Russia in 3, 2, 1 .

I don't know who needs this but if you are In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NGO, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
The interesting part is that consultation is free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.

Very beautiful scam.

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Mjpem23(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2020
Macsjebs:

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-cryonics/brain-freeze-russian-firm-offers-path-to-immortality-for-a-fee-idUSKBN1ZD1FN

*If you get sure Australia client postpaid account DM*
*OPTUS*
*TELSTRA*
*VODAFONE*
LET'S SHARE APPLE PRODUCTS

*I BUY ALL COUNTRIES GIFTCARDS AT COOL RATE*

0 7 0 13 13 40 36
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
LegendHero:

I am not saying they are at par with human being yet but what I am saying is that we should not rule out the possibility.

At least they are progressing, maybe not at a faster pace but they are learning. In 5000 years ago, who would have thought that heart/Kidney transplant would have been possible? Who would have though that a heart can actually be removed and replaced by a human made substance and the patient will still be kept alive for days?

I am a Muslim, a believer in God. However, I am thinking God himself gives these guys free will coz if they are advancing at this pace and coming generations keep building on this current human knowledge then nothing is impossible!

There is a big difference between "replacing a generator part from another generator" and "developing an actual generator from the scratch"

Fact: Do you know humans have not been able to design a new type of protein (except the ones already available in nature) talk more reviving more complicated damage DNA which is the source of life?

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by LegendHero(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
keenn:

What if someone said, a time would come when we will hold a metal and communicate with each other and even see ourselves on that metal dispute disranches away.

What if someone said a metal will be carrying people around in the air.

Or man will go to moon and come back.

Never say nevery, science is still in it rudimentary stage.

Don't mind the guy. He is too fixated on impossibilities.

If someone had told people in 210 AD that they can actually replace a heart with a plastic material and still function, who would have believed?

Who would have believed something as heavy as the ship will float on water or something as big as an aeroplane will suspend in air by defying law of gravity.

Who would have thought man would land on the moon and place an object in space.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fintech: Top 30 Leading Women In Nigeria’s Financial Technology Industyr / World's Last Male White Rhino Dies / Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.