Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee (44104 Views)

Elon Musk's Brain-chip Company Neuralink Gets Approval To Start Human Trial(pic) / Silicon Valley Start-up Backed By Jeff Bezos Is Trying To Create Immortality(Pix / The Concept Of Immortality (could The Human Race Live Forever) In My Own Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kevoh(m): 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2020
kimlee3:

They keep trashing science, but can't even leave a day without it. Science will continue to have breakthroughs and improve human life. The word "IMPOSSIBLE" is just a mind state
Gbam!
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
Birdeyeview:

hello brother.
glad we both share the same faith and believe as to what GOD purpose for mankind.

My pleasure to be fully part of the family since I got baptized during the last conversation
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kevoh(m): 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
bergs2:

Science has no answer, Jesus Christ has.
Blindersoff, above is a proof of my initial comment.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
kevoh:

Kikiki grin science brainwashed ilk indeed. [s]Yet religious fellas are the ones trooping into hospitals every day to benefit from the fruits of science. Learn to appreciate science, science does not involve playing god. Science is just basically gaining knowledge of facts through observation and experimentation. If these knowledge of facts turn out to be helpful in medical fields, engineering field e.t.c then we apply it to our benefits. That's all! Nothing more to it! [/s]

[s]When you see silly comments from people that science can never do what god can do, you begin to ask yourself are these people ok? Why those it have to be a fight vs your deity? The comparison is unnecessary especially when most of what you enjoy today is all thanks to scientific breakthroughs! Some of these breakthroughs were even by religious people! Where those religious people also trying to fight their god?[/s]

Gbam. Fair enough! You are only re-echoing my position on the subject.

Once again fair enough until you got to the part where I cancelled. It is an unnecessary comparison! Science does not claim to know it all and do it all!

You actually made sense only in the places i did not cancel out. If you understood what i said about science being complimentary then the part i cancelled out should not have been mentioned at all. Plus i never said Science claimed to know it all so i wonder where you got that from. I said this earlier to another poster and i will repeat same to you , "Science is simply "harnessed nature" pointing to God with it's finger".
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
Mrshape:

you are my brother.
I am very sure.

You speak the pure language

It's a pleasure I now have true brothers and sisters in Jehovah's Organisation. My baptism was last year
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
kevoh:

Blindersoff, above is a proof of my initial comment.

Do you see you are now the one seeing religion as the enemy? Does that not make you a hypocrite?
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
UncleSnr:
Which of the God?

Jehovah (Causes [everything] to become)
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by dotlanre(m): 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Hey y'all..come and look it this ....

dude u are funny.....u mean u are backing up ur claim with make-believe entertainment
Then you must have watched it. Am not putting it 100%,but with what i can digest from it,sir,AI technology is skyrocketing and this will never make me say no to building human being another body.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by sagieramos(m): 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
27Pushing30:

But we figured out how to create devices we could use to get first hand news and be enlightened.

Your God didn’t do that but created us that did it

Corrected
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kharyhordhe(m): 6:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by kevoh(m): 6:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

Do you see you are now the one seeing religion as the enemy? Does that not make you a hypocrite?
Hahha, hypocrite you say?..I laugh in French grin grin Someone clearly said Science has no answer, the best you can do is call me hypocrite. I laugh this time in Arabic!
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
scott04:

do you read a post earlier about xenobut??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.popularmechanics.com/technology/robots/amp30514544/xenobot-programmable-organism/

Please click the above link and read through..

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 6:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
kevoh:

Hahha, hypocrite you say?..I laugh in French grin grin Someone clearly said Science has no answer, the best you can do is call me hypocrite. I laugh this time in Arabic!

If you had an atom of sense you should have asked the writer a simple question such as SCIENCE HAS NO ANSWER TO WHAT? And not just lumping together all he said to mean what your brain wants you to think it means simply because you view Religion as the enemy.

Could it be that Science has no answer to death? To life from nothing? To everlasting life? Take your pick

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Colorado1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 17, 2020
dotlanre:

Its already said in the bible and quran that,"ye shall wish to die but death will flee from thee".
Sir,Its coming to pass.

Bros dis part of d bible u just quoted only happens after the rapture but not before

Cos after d rapture a lot of people will look for dearh but dey won't die, dey will jump into d sea but the sea will throw them out, even knife and gun will not take anyone's life by that time

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by SwagPower: 6:47pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:
I can bet my life that no matter how science improves, it can never and would never bring back the dead.. There are things that can only be done by God and bringing back the dead is one of them.. Even Satan sef no fit..

There's a limit to everything and there's a limit science can never cross..

Don't be surprised when this useless Nigeria govt would come out tomorrow and say "the ministry of science would be investing in brain freeze soon"...

Although I am very wary of Science's ability to raise the dead ...I cannot completely dispel of the notion...

Once upon a time religious zealots told us the earth was flat and that man will never fly...

Well Well..A couple of years letter we aint only flying, we transcending earth and accosting other planets...

So my friend.. Never say Never..
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by greenalwaz: 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
IME1:
I served in Sokoto State many years ago and it was an awesome experience
Used an open air bathroom and toilet all through grin
Slept on floor, ok the mattress was that flat, all through lipsrsealed
Had little knowledge of the language or terrain
Experienced sand storm twice
Experienced terrible cold and heat, brokenness and hunger, alone and typhoid
But in all these when the time came to go, I packed my bags and bade my lovely city goodbye

No matter how much I loved my time there, I had to move on.
Even if I go there now it won't be the same because the good friends, employers, colleagues, churchmates and neighbours and yes henemies I shared that time and experience with are no longer there
It would be for me like a stranger in Moscow

At my age now, at times 2 the number now with a decade toppings, why will I want to still press to live longer than God wills? Who will be with me then? My great great great grandchildren abi? Their parents and grant parents and great grand parents? Abi lalasticlala or little Emmanuela

My grandfather would have been 98 this year but before he died he told me that he felt like there was no one for him to gist with because most of his age mates and contemporaries had passed. When he became ill, he asked that we let him go and not spend on unnecessary medical tourism. This was a man that had travelled far and wide and had great great grand children and everything he wanted.

So if a Russian is frozen in 2020 with all the things going on now, when he wakes up in 2222 or let me not exaggerate, 2099 or 2100, what would he want to do?

It's the same way I find it had to follow most contemporary songs, I still dance to my 70s, 80s, 90s jamz then by 2100 you would want me to dance to what now? talk about what now? Live with who now? Work which work?

I beg shift... make them go look for solution to, I mean permanent solutions to asthma, epilepsy, AIDS, cancer, hepatitis series, sickle cell anaemia, dementia, down syndrome and other things that are plaguing the NOW world please, I beg, please
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by turl(m): 7:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
Blindersoff:

Go back and look up the multiverse theory and read the scientific arguments for and against. Then talk to me

The multiverse theory is a hypothesis, not a verified scientific theory. Understand those the differences before you speak untruths.
If it was a scientific theory, there wouldn't be any solid arguments against it.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Blindersoff: 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
turl:

The multiverse theory is a hypothesis, not a verified scientific theory. Understand those the differences before you speak untruths.
If it was a scientific theory, there wouldn't be any solid arguments against it.

Tell that to the scientists who are arguing FOR it and using already existing Scientific falsifications to back it up like the String theory. Before you speak learn to follow my directives about reading up the arguments for an against by scientists so you would not make a fool of yourself
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by UncleSnr(m): 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2020
sagieramos:

Jehovah (Causes to [everything] become)
Out of 2k+ God's being worshipped by human's, yours happens to be greater than others, wow! You guys are just full of yourselves, yet you claim religious tolerance.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by PotatoSalad(m): 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

Guy give me only one example with proof where any scientist have given life to any dead creature or created any living being(be it animal or human) and I would denounce my religion instantly.. The way some of you resean ehn! Do you know what and what makes up a human being? If you did, you wouldn't be arguing over something you don't know anything about..
Do the research yourself and renounce your religion. I won't be the catalyst.
Like I said earlier, don't be shallow minded
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Birdeyeview: 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2020
sagieramos:

My pleasure to be fully part of the family since I got baptized during the last conversation
I'm happy you made it your goal to part of the family.
we surely speak the PURE language...
may Jah continue to give you the needed strenght and fortitude in this wicked system of things.

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by IME1: 9:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
oluwaseyi000:

One of the best piece i've ever read

that's why for me I'm never interested in heaven or hell

I will surely get bored after 200 years no matter how intersting the activities are

Ahhhhh brotherly noooooo ooooo heaven go sweet oh
Boredom, tiredness no go dey there i tell you
I dey go heaven when I leave this world by God's grace and mercy
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
Impossible task........
The Capacity of the Human brain can only function to the degree GOD ALMIGHTY allows..
There is Only One RESURRECTION and THE LIFE. That is JESUS CHRIST... We don't have that Capability as Humans , Except on Basis where the dead is brought back to Life In The Name oF JESUS CHRIST

This is one Reason GOD ALMIGHTY made The Greatest gift (SALVATION) Free of Charge..

If Salvation/ Eternity in Heaven was Monetized, Many of us will not be able to Access it, as some persons would have Purchased for their Unborn Generations...
And we should believe you because?
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:
I can bet my life that no matter how science improves, it can never and would never bring back the dead.. There are things that can only be done by God and bringing back the dead is one of them.. Even Satan sef no fit..

There's a limit to everything and there's a limit science can never cross..

Don't be surprised when this useless Nigeria govt would come out tomorrow and say "the ministry of science would be investing in brain freeze soon"...

I have read about this b4, the brain does not dies entirely b4 freezing it, some cells are still alive b4 they freeze it, a body or brain in this condition might be able to come back to life with the right technology.
With technology the possibilities are endless. Einstein predicted such a thing as gravitational wave and it took 100 yrs b4 a device that could detect gravitational wave was made.
Scientist has been researching the black holes for more than 100yrs but it was in 2019 they finally manage to capture a black hole. Don't let Nigeria and religion limit you.

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by mystikal(m): 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2020
Sensational heading
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2020
turl:

The multiverse is an idea that has many scientific theory backing it up. You need to know the meaning of words b4 using them.
Einstein theory of relativity is one of them. And all theories has solid argument against them. It's why they are theories in the first place and not laws.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Legendguru: 11:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
Elshaddai
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by TheEnygma(m): 12:26am On Jan 18, 2020
Felixamos:

And also transfer, the veins, the arteries, the heart, the blood tissues the breath infact why not just transfer the whole body inside.. Lol u funny sha..
You Obviously don't understand What i'm trying to say.....so stop displaying your Foolishness
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by TheEnygma(m): 12:28am On Jan 18, 2020
Itzurboi:
Maybe, Alita Battle Angel comes to mind
my point Exactly ......after watching that movie, i started getting Scared of the future.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by Elxandre(m): 12:48am On Jan 18, 2020
Blindersoff:

Like I said, a robot only gives what has already been put into it.

No robot can love, hate, lust, be happy, etc because it lacks the ability to do so. Thus learning is not within it's scope of ability. It only does what it is programmed to do.

Try not to be too confused with this
Machines don't learn?
Well they do nowadays and it's just the beginning of the field.
Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by beelon1020(m): 1:25am On Jan 18, 2020
[i][/i]It’s happening... saw it coming... Science will bring back the dead by recreating them through stem cell to rebuild the body... eternity on earth...

1 Like

Re: Brain Freeze: Russian Firm Offers Path To Immortality For A Fee by franugo(m): 2:48am On Jan 18, 2020
Blindersoff:

You cannot win this bro.

The robot already came preprogrammed and equipped for that specific problem solving role and has no choice but to act out it's function.

The difference between God and man is that man only requires a mental upgrade through learning while a robot requires hardware upgrade through newer versions.

All in all both roles are similar and this is why Humans lead while others follow. We are the best of the rest thus newer versions in terms of hardware are so not needed

We are the highest grade of living hardware there is and we then can create non living hardware to assist us in our already preprogrammed assignments

Probably the most ridiculous comment I'll read today angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fintech: Top 30 Leading Women In Nigeria’s Financial Technology Industyr / World's Last Male White Rhino Dies / Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.