Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,299 members, 7,815,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami (58513 Views)

G5: Ikpeazu Denies Backing Tinubu, Faults Kalu (Video) / IPOB: Northern Group Faults South-east Leaders, Says They’re Deceptive / Tinubu Faults Moves To Oust Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by aribs(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2020
This may be an unpopular view but I actually agree with Tinubu on this. There is quite a lot of needless confusion on this amotekun issue. I would urge the governors to pay attention to the points as formulated by Tinubu. This goes beyond theatrics and emotion. What I would have expected the governors to do would be a) release formal operational guidelines that are clear on what this regional watch is to do. This is not a banana republic. There is a constitution which vests security matters in the federal govt. Just like any other agency, the regional watch ought to have clear guidelines with respect to its mandate. Secondly, this regional watch needs to be recognized in law. I cant believe a team of governors with an SAN in there would goof on this. How then do you make it legal if there is no statute supporting the creation of this watch? Is this concept only for the tenures of the serving governors or would future governors be able to use this if such a crisis ever rears its head again? Let the governors go back to the drawing board and perfect this. The idea is welcome but needs to be worked on. As for malami, if he is so aggrieved, he can go to court to restrain the governors or whatever....not his purview to declare anything illegal. On the basis of what?

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by SimonRose(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2020
Chaiiii.... Tinubu statement weak my soul...!!!! Chaiiii see me right nowwwww grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by descartes400: 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2020
DSoj:
TINUBU IS A DIPLOMATIC GENIUS ..

Kids wont grasp the depth of this simple intelligent diplomatic talk.

Indeed he is!

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by hollowpot15684(m): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2020
googi:
No matter how you try, Tinubu supporters cannot winggle their way out of this.

Anyone that can throw his own mother under the bus to capture Lagos, would drive a hot shaft through his mother.

He worked with Igbo to sell out the Speaker to Tambuwal.

He sent Dawudu to his grave in regret for supporting him instead of Funso Williams.

Just wait, you have not seen the last of Yekini Amoda Ogunlere from Iragbiji, Osun State.

The sound from the statement of a bitter person cannot be hidden in the clove of sand. You presumably don't understand the man called Tinubu. This mindset will never make you to, never!

You are busy blabbing accusations on an unconvicted fellow, stating unproved cases and following hearsay. You are nothing but a taunted and myopic individual.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Alanwalker(m): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2020
Malcolm123:

IPOB member spotted lol
we ar waiting for Tinubu reaction yen yen yen

dey won't face their potopoto region and wheelbarrow sharing government for poverty redistribution
what I don't understand is how your brain left it's original position and went down all the way to your Anus

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by benji93: 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2020
He probably New about the initiative from the very beginning. That's probably another move to put himself in a more politically advantageous position against 2023. He's probably telling the North, you see what I can do.
omoharry:
I think he is stylishly supporting Amotekun but does not want to make his stand on the matter very obvious.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Senatorbng(m): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
Tinubu is an elder and he crafts his words wisely. He is in support of Amotekun, but that the governors need to fine tune the procedures so as to make it effective. He also decries the needless confrontations with the FG that may cause grandstanding which may overheat the polity and leave the country in pieces.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by qtx(m): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
He was silent, they said he must talk, now he is talking they said he is talking from both sides of the mouth bc of 2023. Kai naija, una badt o grin
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by hollowpot15684(m): 2:52pm On Jan 22, 2020
aribs:
This may be an unpopular view but I actually agree with Tinubu on this. There is quite a lot of needless confusion on this amotekun issue. I would urge the governors to pay attention to the points as formulated by Tinubu. This goes beyond theatrics and emotion. What I would have expected the governors to do would be a) release formal operational guidelines that are clear on what this regional watch is to do. This is not a banana republic. There is a constitution which vests security matters in the federal govt. Just like any other agency, the regional watch ought to have clear guidelines with respect to its mandate. Secondly, this regional watch needs to be recognized in law. I cant believe a team of governors with an SAN in there would goof on this. How then do you make it legal if there is no statute supporting the creation of this watch? Is this concept only for the tenures of the serving governors or would future governors be able to use this if such a crisis ever rears its head again? Let the governors go back to the drawing board and perfect this. The idea is welcome but needs to be worked on. As for malami, if he is so aggrieved, he can go to court to restrain the governors or whatever....not his purview to declare anything illegal. On the basis of what?

This wisdom you carry will not go down the drain. You will live to your full life potentials.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Bellotelli: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
This is a very matured statement coming from Asiwaju.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Malcolm123: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2020
Alanwalker:
what I don't understand is how your brain left it's original position and went down all the way to your Anus

IPOB face ur kerosene sharing government
and your wheel barrow poverty redistribution government ....
all d tym jumping up and down on Yoruba issue

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by dotlanre(m): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2020
omoharry:
I think he is stylishly supporting Amotekun but does not want to make his stand on the matter very obvious.
With this his statement,its very obvious of his support
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Subzero047: 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2020
adelaja70:
TINUBU IS INTELLIGENT THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIM AND NNAMDI KANU.

Tinubu is a coward

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Bellotelli: 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2020
DONSMITH123:

Any Yoruba leader that is silent on Amotekun is a traitor.
At least he has spoken. Amotekun needs to be restructured.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by souljaslim(m): 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2020
hollowpot15684:

I will assume you are like a 16year old boy that need not to be argued with but rather be enlightened.

In other to get over this with you, kindly go through my first message for a proper understanding.

Me 16 year old....loooool... 1st thing I would like to say...wisdom don't come by age...it comes by understanding and understanding comes by knowledge....
I won't go through your other message; on the topic of tinubu i have made my opinion known.... your understanding may be limited or blinded like that of tinubu for what ever reasons

Don't argue with me...take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by hollowpot15684(m): 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2020
Alanwalker:
sir, we have two sides here Good and Evil if he can't support either Good or Evil then he is a bad leader
Is either a leader chooses to do good or evil
And then face it's repercussions

It is you who should state the good and the evil in this topic. This is not a religious matter and you are only taking it out of context.
Is it the AGF who illegalize an idea he is not aware of that is good or is it the Governors forum who didn't take the proper protocol ??

Amotekun is not legal until its constitutionally conditioned and you all should get that into your thin skull.

Anyway, good luck on your good and evil conquest.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2020
Tinubu statement or opinion is not required by the South West to form a team to fight terrorism in the South West. Tinubu is just one Yoruba man. The opinion of Obj, Akinrinade & Professor Soyinka individually is more important than Tinubu.

The internal collaborators will be consumed when the time comes. In Ogun and Ekiti States where communities have been chased away after killing some people. Tinubu makes no statement. In Ekiti. they drove away people and hoisted a red flag on their land, Tinubu or the AGF makes no statement.

Amotekun has come to stay. It is a movement, It is a divine call to consciousness. As their people position themselves on our land, we also carry out an intelligence mapping of their operations. It is an awake call to duties.

Amotekun will not only be operational in South West, they shall be operational in Benin Republic and Togo as time goes on.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by NGpatriot: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2020
They've been shouting and wailing for Tinubu to comment and after commenting, now it's Tinubu talking with 2 mouths..

The man offered the most sensible solution, broad ideas and a sensible path forward, this is what I expect from Tinubu, a sensible adult and a national leader.

All the parties involved need to get together to iron things out.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by tityboi: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
Oh
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by HajiMT: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
The man has spoken well. Both parties should meet and resolve all the grey areas
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by DSoj(m): 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
descartes400:

Indeed he is!

They will expect him to come out talking tough and arrogant and heat up the polity
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Amumaigwe: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
I don't seem to understand..

Is Asiwaju Talking with both sides of His mouth?

It's Highly dangerous to be in the Middle..

No be Youruba man?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Alanwalker(m): 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
Malcolm123:

IPOB face ur kerosene sharing government
and your wheel barrow poverty redistribution government ....
all d tym jumping up and down on Yoruba issue
if u have sense u would have known that am not Ipob or one of this louts that exchange stupid and meaningless informations
I don't hide my hatred behind ethnicity
Every Nigeria is one blood but since your blinded by mediocrity
You started typing and posting trash
Keep those rubbish to your fellow ethnic fools
I was born a human not a triblistic he goat
Please stop being ignorant and go a find another fool to banter tribalism and ethnicity with peace
#humanity
#onehumanity
#saynototriblism

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Abfinest007(m): 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
let know where u stand are u for or against
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by omoiyalayi(m): 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2020
With the level of comments I ve seen here it show we ve a lot of educated illiterate in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Charly68: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2020
Righteousness89:
I don't seem to understand..

Is Asiwaju Talking with both sides of His mouth?

It's Highly dangerous to be in the Middle.. Very confused to me

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Racoon(m): 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2020
fk002:
On the other thread you hail him now you are condeming him.You too you are confuse
Yes I did-until the edited version of his two-faced press release came out here.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by NGpatriot: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2020
aribs:

Well said.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by exponent50real(m): 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2020
I have never use a seconds to see or believe Tinubu as Asiwaju that his people use to called him....... what is his stand now, he use politics in everything and sell his religion for his political ambition............. and by the grace of God he will not attain the sit..... what is it affect him by saying the truth......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Handsomecole(m): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2020
Tinibu thinks he's talking to 5 year olds. He's simply sitting on the fence , by castigated both sides.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Alanwalker(m): 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2020
hollowpot15684:

It is you who should state the good and the evil in this topic. This is not a religious matter and you are only taking it out of context.
Is it the AGF who illegalize an idea he is not aware of that is good or is it the Governors forum who didn't take the proper protocol ??

Amotekun is not legal until its constitutionally conditioned and you all should get that into your thin skull.

Anyway, good luck on your good and evil conquest.
you people should put tribalisms aside and start reasoning like human beings
No body stands on the fence in this matter
It's the educated elders that speaks and the educated youths follow
He did not try at all
People expected better and he let them down
Not just yorubas but well meaning Nigerians that care about this country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Burnt Ariaria Police Station By Ipob Youths / Ganduje Stamped His Feet On Kwankwaso's Poster At A Function (Photo) / Oshiomhole Intervenes As Tinubu Throws Hands In Air At Rivers Rally (Video/Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.