Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami (58514 Views)

G5: Ikpeazu Denies Backing Tinubu, Faults Kalu (Video) / IPOB: Northern Group Faults South-east Leaders, Says They’re Deceptive / Tinubu Faults Moves To Oust Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Naijaarchive(m): 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2020
Baba is being diplomatic... grin i like his advice though... Amotekun should be properly integrated into the system through the right channels not to be rushed or approached emotionally

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by johbara: 3:11pm On Jan 22, 2020
Baba tinubu wore a condom on this issue.....playing safe to the highest order

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Stillthebest: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2020
kiss

Tinubu has ambition and needs the national appeal that cuts across.

Every statement coming from him is sensitive to his ambition.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Goodnigga: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2020
Racoon:
Neither here or there.Tinubu you remain an irredeemable coward.Keep on sacrificing the survival of a region because of political crumbs.
he is not even the appointed Yoruba President. The David shall come from nowhere and rule.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Ustec: 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2020
DONSMITH123:

Did he made the statement? YES or NO?
And of what benefit is it to you and your ipobians fellow,
I guess Atiku would have granted all your agitations by now,
Make una dey fool una self dea o,
You guys know nothing about politics.

And for you to think the APC governors did not consult tinubu before coming up with amotekun shows you are still a novice in the game of politics.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Atlantis585: 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
Na dem. It's in their DNA
Righteousness89:
I don't seem to understand..

Is Asiwaju Talking with both sides of His mouth?

It's Highly dangerous to be in the Middle..

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Bimpe29: 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2020
Political interest is not to becloud ones sense of judgement.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Otunba2004(m): 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

The Op's updated version from Punch can be misleading because it does not include the complete text of Tinubu's submission, rather it only removes inflammatory aspect and amplifies them for sentimental reaction purposes. The full text of Tinubu's release is on the nation website. It is longer and more complete than the Punch released versions.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-finally-tinubu-clears-the-air-on-amotekun/
tell me the difference between the two,,I read punch in which it was really summarized the long episode and the nation long Epistle,all na the same oga,use your sense,,Tinubu has failed his Yoruba people and we are going to deal with if he tries to contest,, waiting are dey even dey yarn self Buhari will deal with him seriously on the day of primary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
NGpatriot:
They've been shouting and wailing for Tinubu to comment and after commenting, now it's Tinubu talking with 2 mouths..

The man offered the most sensible solution, broad ideas and a sensible path forward, this is what I expect from Tinubu, a sensible adult and a national leader.

All the parties involved need to get together to iron things out.

Nobody is waiting for Tinubu to declare his stand except youths on social media. Tinubu is a politician and leader of the ruling party. Yoruba elders are very intelligent. Okorocha or Wike will never expect Tinubu to say what is in his mind against the Party when Amotekun movement has not entered the struggle stage. Tinubu statement is political and palliative to the North who feeds fat on Nigeria and support their brothers in Chad and Niger Republic. Ohaneze Ndigbo or pa Edwin Clark and SS elders are not waiting for Tinubu's political stand or statement at this period, even if they need it, not in public. The youths are too in hurry and do not understand.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Otunba2004(m): 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

The Op's updated version from Punch can be misleading because it does not include the complete text of Tinubu's submission, rather it only removes inflammatory aspect and amplifies them for sentimental reaction purposes. The full text of Tinubu's release is on the nation website. It is longer and more complete than the Punch released versions.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-finally-tinubu-clears-the-air-on-amotekun/
tell me the difference between the two,,I read punch in which it was really summarized the long episode and the nation long Epistle,all na the same oga,use your sense,,Tinubu has failed his Yoruba people and we are going to deal with him if he tries to contest,, waiting are dey even dey yarn self Buhari will deal with him seriously on the day of primary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by adelaja70(m): 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2020
Subzero047:

Tinubu is a coward
Very funny.. So why your courageous two brothers fled and abandoned your people to die senseless death?

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by hollowpot15684(m): 3:25pm On Jan 22, 2020
Alanwalker:
you people should put tribalisms aside and start reasoning like human beings
No body stands on the fence in this matter
It's the educated elders that speaks and the educated youths follow
He did not try at all
People expected better and he let them down
Not just yorubas but well meaning Nigerians that care about this country

You are making conclusions for a man who has earned himself a broad range of support and respect in every Nigerian family.

Right before you say we should put tribalism aside, I knew you were tribal with your conclusions and I also assume you are a Yoruba person (which also I am).

So what you mean to say is that you want an elderly statesman to subscribe to public opinion just because it is public opinion?? Even when some mistakes stand to be corrected??

This is no child's play. A true Federalist (Tinubu) don't do tribal politics, they imply internationally recognized approach in order to make decisions and contribute to matters that affect their people.

Let's be logical here.

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by candygist: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2020
Righteousness89:

The truth is that you don't like him. So no matter what he says or do. You will still criticise him.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by hollowpot15684(m): 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2020
Ustec:

And of what benefit is it to you and your ipobians fellow,
I guess Atiku would have granted all your agitations by now,
Make una dey fool una self dea o,
You guys know nothing about politics.

And for you to think the APC governors did not consult tinubu before coming up with amotekun shows you are still a novice in the game of politics.

I like your reasoning on the fact that you recognize that its possible the governors consulted Tinubu before they took the step, its not possible for such thing to happen without his consent, all I see is wise politics been played here.

If it were to be Ipobians, they would have announced right from the first day of the meeting.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by candygist: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2020
jayfolarin:
Tinubu has disappointed me and millions of omoluabis. He really isn't coming across as progressive as I had been led to believe.

He was a different guy back in nadeco but now he just wants to be politically correct.

This doublespeak sickens me! Goddamnit we need a politician like wole soyinka in yorubaland

Can't you come out to be that politician you seek for ?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by sulaak(m): 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2020
OnankpaBa:

seriously

People security cannot be negotiated
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by hush15: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2020
Righteousness89:

Infact, he is talking with all sides of the mouth because he doesn't want to shoot himself in the leg again but that been said, Amotekun should put a proper, effective structure in place to define its goals and missions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by chronique(m): 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
As usual, the idiotic coward would always try to play neutral because of his personal ambition. That presidency wey you de find, you no go ever see am till you die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Alanwalker(m): 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
hollowpot15684:

You are making conclusions for a man who has earned himself a broad range of support and respect in every Nigerian family.

Right before you say we should put tribalism aside, I knew you were tribal with your conclusions and I also assume you are a Yoruba person (which also I am).

So what you mean to say is that you want an elderly statesman to subscribe to public opinion just because it is public opinion?? Even when some mistakes stand to be corrected??

This is no child's play. A true Federalist (Tinubu) don't do tribal politics, they imply internationally recognized approach in order to make decisions and contribute to matters that affect their people.

Let's be logical here.
so how did the majority see this message now sir?
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by wink2015(m): 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2020
All Progressives Congress stalwart, Bola Tinubu, says the South-West Security Network codenamed ‘Operation Amotekun’ is a laudable initiative but needs some operational and conceptual modifications or else it will fail.

Tinubu said this in a statement on Wednesday, days after coming under intense criticism for failing to speak on the matter, The PUNCH reports.

The former governor of Lagos State, who is rumoured to be nursing a Presidential ambition, refused to take sides on the matter.

He wrote, “As I understand it, Amotekun is to be another set of eyes and ears to assist the police. As such, it is but the second generation of Neighbourhood Watch expanded to a regional scale. Conceptually, there is nothing wrong with this. It does not appear to insult the constitution.

“However, my position regarding Amotekun is not blind or uncritical; there are several organisational and functional aspects of the proposal that could cause some problems if left unresolved.”

Tinubu said Amotekun should have been fashioned to the peculiarities of each state rather than having a regional structure.

He wrote, “Amotekun should have focused on grassroots local organisation at the state level without a regional command hierarchy. The regional approach may undermine efficiency. There is no compelling logic why the same personnel providing security informational assistance in Ado-Ekiti should be under the same functional and operational leadership as those providing assistance in Lekki or Akure. This will not lead to optimal performance.

“The regional approach has only limited benefit with regard to the procurement and maintenance of vehicles and communications equipment because this wider approach allows for economies of scale.

“The regional approach also helps tackle the growing incidences of interstate criminal activity. Some things need to be corrected before Amotekun becomes operational. If not, it will not live up to expectations. Thus, the current formulation of Amotekun is in need of repair before it takes to the road only to quickly slip into a ditch.”

He criticised the South-West governors and the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN), for the controversy over the initiative, which is heating the polity.

The APC leader said the governors should have consulted the AGF when the organisation was being formed.

Tinubu, however, criticised Malami for issuing a statement condemning the initiative when he could have simply reached out to them and handled it internally and more amicably.

He added, “The governors state that they consulted regularly with the police and security agencies. This was the right thing to do. However, their failure to include the office of the Attorney-General in these discussions is the fount of the current public uproar. This was an unfortunate omission the governors should regret and seek to remedy. However, the conceptual merits and positive functional aspects of Amotekun should not be tainted by this procedural defect.

“While the Attorney-General is a conscientious public servant, he is also human. Not having been consulted, he was suddenly faced with an unexpected public announcement regarding a matter within his official ambit. He likely feared the failure to consult him meant that federal prerogatives were being encroached. To blame him for this conclusion would be to blame human nature itself. Though his negative reaction was understandable it was also unhelpful.

“The Attorney-General acted hastily in rendering a public statement that was more inaccurate than it should have been. Amotekun was never proposed as a ‘defence’ agency; the Attorney-General erred in using this description. The use of uniforms and brightly coloured vehicles may not be the best ideas but they do not render Amotekun a defence agency or paramilitary group any more than a designated school van carrying uniformed students constitutes a paramilitary deployment.”

He said in the coming days, he would meet with the Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN), who is also the Chairman, South-West Governors Forum, on how best to implement the Amotekun initiative.

https://punchng.com/updated-amotekun-doomed-to-fail-if-tinubu/

Tinubu words make sense.

While Tinubu is in support of OPERATION AMOTEKUN, he is somehow telling both sides - the governors from the south west and the federal government to tread with caution.

But why is NORTHERNERS AND THE POLITICAL LEADERS always afraid of any progressive initiatives from the south.

They never for ONE DAY ACCEPT A DECISION FROM THE SOUTH AND THEN WHOLEHEARTEDLY SUPPORT IT.

The north always believe in OPPOSING THE SOUTH even without thinking of the good side of the subject matter.

During Obasanjo government, Nigeria held the Miss World Beauty Pageant, the Islamic faithful from Abuja forced the organizers of the Miss World Beauty Competiton to relocate the beauty competition to London just because it kick against their islamic faith.

That was the year Nigeria 's Agbani Darego was holding the title.

Obasanjo got frightened by the violence that might erupt from the protest by northerners and islamic faithful and had to tell the organizers to take the competition out of Nigeria.

NORTHERNERS should respect the diversity and work to promote national unity and cohesion.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by joobseekar: 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2020
Even if he wants to take side, do you expect him to show it now?
Yoruba will say, "ti owo eni o ba ti te Eku ida, a ki bere iku to pa baba eni" which roughly translates to "if you're yet to have a mighty sword, you don't ask for your father's killer" (otherwise you'll be killed by same killer)

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by AtikuNetwork: 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2020
Otunba2004:
tell me the difference between the two,,I read punch in which it was really summarized the long episode and the nation long Epistle,all na the same oga,use your sense,,Tinubu has failed his Yoruba people and we are going to deal with him if he tries to contest,, waiting are dey even dey yarn self Buhari will deal with him seriously on the day of primary.

I am not Yoruba and I will vote Atiku before I vote Tinubu. But if Atiku is not on the ticket I will vote Tinubu ahead of any other person. You know why? Because he is wise, tactical, strategic, and detribalized. Nigeria does not need an ethnic jingoistic as president. If Atiku was an ethnic jingoistic like Buhari he won't have the kind of support he has all over. If you don't vote for Tinubu, there are millions of Yorubas and other detribized Nigerians that will vote for him.

All of you calling for blood and war with your inciting rhetoric are very stupid. Are you ready to fight a war over Amotekun? Regardless, all wars will still end up at the negotiating table after countless lives have been lost unnecessarily. The man is calling for a peaceful resolution to the crisis of Amotekun. You yorubas can be very unwise in your utterances. I don't support killer fulani herdsmen but if Nigeria must remain one then we must all learn to respect and accommodate each other. No ethnic jingoist can ever be allowed to rule Nigeria, and Tinubu has proved with this press release that he wants peace for all Nigerians while standing with his people.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by golddare: 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2020
Righteousness89:

I think he is being objective as a Nationalist and someone who intend to lead tomorrow, for instance on the issues of regional command, funding and the legal frame work by the various house of assembly. I hope they dont spoil it with politics and underfunding.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Dpharisee: 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2020
This is the difference between Igbo and Yoruba politicians, the average Igbo politician will never stand in the middle like Tinubu, they take a side and stand by it. This is the reason a lot of Nigerians find it hard to trust Yoruba politicians angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by hollowpot15684(m): 3:41pm On Jan 22, 2020
Alanwalker:
so how did the majority see this message now sir?

Go and check the first post where his statement were published here on Nairaland, the statement was published today and people hailed and support him not until the topic "Tinubu faults Southwest Governors and Malami" came out again and because of the negative tone of the headings, people begin to criticize.

Our people are double mouthed, even some people that hailed him on the first statement now come out to criticize him on this negative titled post.

And if you say majority, do you have the data to support your say or is it some uneducated Nairaland fellow you speak of?

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Bluntemperor: 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2020
SweetLove0:

2023 on his mind. Fear of the north.

Fashioned towards personal agenda,biko or towards greater Lagos,so that it can be hoodwinked.goodtalk.na wao.
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by googi: 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2020
Any Yoruba waiting for Tinubu to defend him or her, might as well sacrifice his soul to the gods.

All his personal assistants are all over defending a man that deny and throw his own mother under the bus. What else do you expect?

Again, go ask Funso Williams and Pa Dawudu in their graves or Speaker Akande he overthrew.

Nobody with his character go scot free without payback. Yoruba are blessed with better leaders and character.

Is there anybody in Nigeria that did not know about Amoteku in the making including Buhari?
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by goldfish27(m): 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2020
DONSMITH123:

Not happening in Nigeria. Our politicians can even betray their parents when it comes to politics. Personal ambition is what we run here.

how many times have the northern politicians betray the north for other region.................keep licking those dirty northerner's asses all in the name of selfishness
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Enemyofpeace: 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
Tinubu is a modafokn traitor, he should forget his political ambition because nothing for the modafoka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by Bababuk1: 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2020
DONSMITH123:

Not happening in Nigeria. Our politicians can even betray their parents when it comes to politics. Personal ambition is what we run here.

Indeed your word is right
Re: Amotekun: Tinubu Faults South-West Governors & Malami by masterflowx(m): 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2020
fk002:

on the other thread you hail him now you are condeming him

You too you are confuse

That mean the guy is like .
Confused people everywhere...
have alternative account on Nairaland forum because of the chameleon attitude.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Burnt Ariaria Police Station By Ipob Youths / Ganduje Stamped His Feet On Kwankwaso's Poster At A Function (Photo) / Oshiomhole Intervenes As Tinubu Throws Hands In Air At Rivers Rally (Video/Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.