Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,388 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart (102211 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / My Ten Years Of Marriage Is Falling Apart / My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Kayharry(m): 6:54am On Jan 24, 2020
Vortex369:

Well, your last line was a question: What I think?

Are you sure you really want to know what I think?

Since you asked for it, then I have to tell you what I think and the reason for my conclusions.

I think you are stupid, and I am not joking. I think you are one of the stupid husbands who have no idea what Fatherhood means and what being a real man in your home entails and how to be a husband to your own wife.

The reason I think you are stupid, is because at this stage in your Life, when your wife is strugggling real hard to bond with the young kids you still are worried about your silly sex life.

You have failed to be an alpha male, a real man, a true husband, who will cuddle his wife and his children and generate happiness for your wife. What bothers you is sex. Do you have any idea that it is sex that brought those children to this world, and when they come, you now sound as if those kids are inconvenience for your silly sex life. Do you even know how silly it sounds?

My advise is that you grow up. Call your wife and kiss her then apologize for complaining about Sex, and move into your bedroom and nurse those children to reach an age of grace.

It is not you that should be complaining of sex dimwit. If your wife needs sex, then become creative, you can make move in the kitchen, bathroom, toilet, under the bed and even at the BQ for a change.

You must not come here and lament about this nonsense again.

Do we not have real men again in this forum that will chastise these Indomie men?

Take charge of your home and bear all inconveniences. Life is not a place for perfect joy and happiness. Embrace the sorrows and pains.

this is the perfect answer to ur question.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by deavicky(m): 6:55am On Jan 24, 2020
Prosper82:
I Feel Like My Marriage Is Falling Apart

I would like in advance to apologize for the long post but I think some background information is needed so you can assess the situation.

My wife and I have two kids. The oldest is turning 8 soon and the youngest is 7 months old.

Since our first child was born she has been co-sleeping with us. And ever since our sex life has been going down hill.

Now since our youngest child was born he has also been sleeping with us in a queen sized bed. But after two months of very poor sleep, I decided I couldn't follow that arrangement anymore so I went to sleep in the next room.

So since our kids were born my wife has been sleeping with them and now I sleep alone.

As you could imagine, you can't really have sex with two kids on the bed. We have gone weeks and even months without having any sex.
So my wife says that we should have sex in the room where I sleep after she puts the children to sleep.

This to me sounds like making an appointment to have sex. It isn't something you can have if you have to set up a time in advanced. I also miss cuddling with her and sleeping in our bed.

I feel like us sleeping in different rooms and beds has been the biggest hurdle to get back to the point we were before having kids.

We have a crib for the baby and a bed for our oldest daughter where each of the children could sleep separately but she's into attachment parenting so if the children cry (which I suppose they will when adapting to a new sleeping arrangement) is something that she wouldn't tolerate.

I also I understand the 7 month old might need to be breastfed in the middle of the night so she says it's more convenient just to have him nearby in bed than having to get up to breastfeed him but I feel that my daughter should be learning to sleep independently.

Anyway, it's been quite a while without sex and I don't know what to tell her or do.
We have a lot of fights because of this.

I feel that attachment parenting might feel like you're doing the best for the kids, but if it also ends up destroying the marriage and we separate what good would that do for them?

What do you guys think?
get someone nice to be staying with them. I'm already foreseeing same thing in my home too. But i have to plan ahead.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by gabicon: 6:56am On Jan 24, 2020
Prosper82:

I would like in advance to apologize for the long post but I think some background information is needed so you can assess the situation.

My wife and I have two kids. The oldest is turning 8 soon and the youngest is 7 months old.

Since our first child was born she has been co-sleeping with us. And ever since our sex life has been going down hill.

Now since our youngest child was born he has also been sleeping with us in a queen sized bed. But after two months of very poor sleep, I decided I couldn't follow that arrangement anymore so I went to sleep in the next room.

So since our kids were born my wife has been sleeping with them and now I sleep alone.

As you could imagine, you can't really have sex with two kids on the bed. We have gone weeks and even months without having any sex.
So my wife says that we should have sex in the room where I sleep after she puts the children to sleep.

This to me sounds like making an appointment to have sex. It isn't something you can have if you have to set up a time in advanced. I also miss cuddling with her and sleeping in our bed.

I feel like us sleeping in different rooms and beds has been the biggest hurdle to get back to the point we were before having kids.

We have a crib for the baby and a bed for our oldest daughter where each of the children could sleep separately but she's into attachment parenting so if the children cry (which I suppose they will when adapting to a new sleeping arrangement) is something that she wouldn't tolerate.

I also I understand the 7 month old might need to be breastfed in the middle of the night so she says it's more convenient just to have him nearby in bed than having to get up to breastfeed him but I feel that my daughter should be learning to sleep independently.

Anyway, it's been quite a while without sex and I don't know what to tell her or do.

I feel that attachment parenting might feel like you're doing the best for the kids, but if it also ends up destroying the marriage and we separate what good would that do for them?

What do you guys think?

The problem I see here is two individuals with different methodology of parenting, one of the reason you got married is cohesion, cohesion of ideas, ideals and methodology.

I might understand that your wife is afraid of what will happen to her children when she is not watching them, you need to find ways of reassuring her of their safety. Personally I think it's absurd for an 8 year old to still be sleeping with her parents, she needs to start learning independence.

My suggestion is that you sit with your spouse and talk, it may be that she is having low libido and might need medical help and the children are just a shield to the problem. You guys need to talk, plan and experiment. You can fit a crib for your baby in the room while your daughter sleeps in the next room with both doors of the rooms open.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by granely(f): 6:59am On Jan 24, 2020
I don't see a reason why your 8 years old daughter can't sleep in a separate room tell your wife to let her sleep in another room, she should take her to a room and make her sleep/sing lullaby to make her sleep and you both shouldn't forget to check on her twice every night, my parents still check up on me uptill now. Biko enjoy your sex life as a married man to the fullest

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Kokomoney: 7:02am On Jan 24, 2020
Prosper82:

What do you guys think?/ find one small girl outside but use your head and condom
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by TruthSpeaker: 7:06am On Jan 24, 2020
Brooke60:
You need to join her in the parenting.

The reason for leaving the room is flimsy.

When both of you start the parenting together, you will start enjoying your marriage.

When you say join her in parenting, what do mean? A mother that sleeps with an 8 years old child & 7 months old baby on the same bed with her husband at night is highly irresponsible. It has nothing to do with good parenting in any way. You will be surprised if you get to know the number of infants that die yearly due to sharing the same beg with their parents. Rolling over a new born baby while you all sleep could be fatal. Even if the 8 year old chid is an slowpoke, there no reason whatsoever to justify sharing the same bed at night with both parents. I have children too, so I will not buy nasty ideas.

Reason of leaving the room is flimsy, really? Why on earth should 4 people keep sleeping on the same bed when the accommodation is not a one bedroom self contained setting with only one bed? It is very wrong and the dude did the right thing since his over protective but sick wife will not do the right thing. The kid has her room and her bed and should therefore keep away from the parents bed at bed time.

The wife is the culprit in this situation, she need to get things right. Maybe when a 3 child comes from a side chick, then she will gain common sense.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by henribj(m): 7:09am On Jan 24, 2020
Op has it occurred to you that maybe your wife does not want to have sex with you frequently which is why she brought the kids into the bed because she knows once they are there you won't want to make a move.
#justsaying
#justmyopinion

1 Like

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 24, 2020
Get a very young and fresh housegirl to assist your wife in doing some of her wifely duties wink wink wink
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by chris81964(m): 7:15am On Jan 24, 2020
As a parent of three grown sons I can give you some tips. You need to be firm if you want to correct this. The instinct of the mother will always be to respond to the child. An 8 year old has no business in your bed. It is unhealthy for the child and parent. End that immediately
You have a crib get a baby monitor attach it to the crib and keep the baby in a separate room. When the child wakes up tell your wife to stay you check on her. If she is dry or fed rock the crib don't pick her up. It will take a few days of doing this and she will adopt new sleeping habits

3 Likes

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by YorubaPrince: 7:15am On Jan 24, 2020
Ladylite:

Your left over brain didn't tell you that child bearing affects the woman's hormones...

Monkey... Your selfishness is note worthy... So you should just have sex even if she is in the mood or not.

Pls sit in a grave

You sure have mental disorder, I swear.

"Give you sex"! What the fvck does that even mean? You objectify urself finish and begin to accuse men of not respecting you, blah, blah.
Like sex is now at the lady's mercy...

I no go even blame you, na the foolish OP I go blame wey dey act like some dumb fool.

Rubbish! angry
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by iso604: 7:16am On Jan 24, 2020
Uyi168:
Na konji wan kill epa troway so o..

Epa afar?
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by TEYA: 7:16am On Jan 24, 2020
Ladylite:

Your left over brain didn't tell you that child bearing affects the woman's hormones...

Monkey... Your selfishness is note worthy... So you should just have sex even if she is in the mood or not.

Pls sit in a grave
But suggesting he should pamper her just so she can give him sex is plain dumb, I think Finelinks has a point.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Josh44s(m): 7:16am On Jan 24, 2020
Prosper82:

What do you guys think?

Wetin dey worry this one! Use your brain my friend. Once kids come in marriage, sex life usually reduces. Adjust and adapt and stop whining like a monkey. If you like go knack for outside and use your own hand scatter your beautiful home

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by healthserve(m): 7:22am On Jan 24, 2020
Vortex369:

Since you asked for it, then I have to tell you what I think and the reason for my conclusions.

I think you are stupid, and I am not joking. I think you are one of the stupid husbands who have no idea what Fatherhood means and what being a real man in your home entails and how to be a husband to your own wife.

The reason I think you are stupid, is because at this stage in your Life, when your wife is strugggling real hard to bond with the young kids you still are worried about your silly sex life.

You have failed to be an alpha male, a real man, a true husband, who will cuddle his wife and his children and generate happiness for your wife. What bothers you is sex. Do you have any idea that it is sex that brought those children to this world, and when they come, you now sound as if those kids are inconvenience for your silly sex life. Do you even know how silly it sounds?

My advise is that you grow up. Call your wife and kiss her then apologize for complaining about Sex, and move into your bedroom and nurse those children to reach an age of grace.

It is not you that should be complaining of sex dimwit. If your wife needs sex, then become creative, you can make move in the kitchen, bathroom, toilet, under the bed and even at the BQ for a change.

Do we not have real men again in this forum that will chastise these Indomie men?

Take charge of your home and bear all inconveniences. Life is not a place for perfect joy and happiness. Embrace the sorrows and pains.

Shut up oode. No wonder you're going in circles with your jibberish nonsense
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Otii4god: 7:22am On Jan 24, 2020
Call a spade a spade, you're just looking for a very cheap endorsement to cheat bro n mark my words, you'll find none here

3 Likes

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by healthserve(m): 7:24am On Jan 24, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold :

This is the husband rewarding what he doesn't like.

Then there will be no incentive for the wife to listen to her husband.

And sex in marriage is not hers to give. If she wanted to have the sole rights over when she dishes sex, she should have stayed single.

Now this is wisdom. I find it annoying that many people post on this forum without having biases or showing their ignorance. Look at how many people are attacking the guy. And how the wife is weaponizing sex and choosing and dictating the conditions under which they should and would have sex. Its like you said if she wanted the sole right as to when they should both have sec, she should have stayed single.
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Cherez: 7:25am On Jan 24, 2020
Ladylite:
This is a real question that many singles have not begun to consider or discuss before marriage.

I hope you know that your wife loves you, but the sacrifice you have to make is beyond sleep, it also involves sex... Now that there is a 7month old blessed baby with you, simply DATE your wife.....

By date I mean, treat her well, do things for her and be very nice to her as expected, buy her gifts, pamper her... She will give you sex.. I assure you.

Your wife is going through a major phase and you need to understand it and be there for her.

I hope this is clear
Honestly, this immature
How can you begin to ask a wife to date a husband whom is capable but has refused to Carter for his family? It us his responsibility and no need for one to remind him to pay bills.
Same thing you're doing here
Every spouse has both financial, emotional, spiritual, etc responsibilities and should fulfill it.
Now she is causing a strain in her family. That man is "full blooded" human and tomorrow you'll have the strength to go fight a side-chick?
I hate adultery but when you hear stories that led to it, you'll tend to shiver

3 Likes

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by healthserve(m): 7:32am On Jan 24, 2020
sassysure:
Co-parenting is far from u, else this is no problem.

Even if its one room and parlour, wake madam up and go do it in the parlour.

Enter kitchen, stolen sex is the best.

Ur wife got used to sleeping with the kids.

Kids should have their independence from day one.

Anytime I sleep with any kid, will end up on the ground or no sleep at all.
Sometimes, their head will be on your legs and legs on your mouth.

Stolen sex aii. Bad girl like you. But you modern women would should forced or rape
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by ajani68: 7:32am On Jan 24, 2020
Prosper82:
You should thank God that you have a very good wife that devouted her time and everything for your children, pls endure for a little more time everything will be ok. Join her in parenting the kids ,by doing this she will creat your own time for you.

What do you guys think?
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Rasana: 7:32am On Jan 24, 2020
[It is rather unfortunate that your frustration has left you at the mercy of many of these clueless naira landers who are writing for the sake of writing. Some of them writing do not clearly understand how marriage works or the importance of sex in a marriage. Your first lesson is this:
1. Do not ever come online to seek help on your family issues especially in an online community filled with people that are not professional marriage counsellors or know nothing about marriage. Talk to professionals if you can not talk to your wife.
2. Try taking your wife out one of these days. You can get a baby sitter for that short period of time. So you guys will have sometime to talk.
3. Make sure you express your heart to her truly the way you feel and how your sex life is affecting your marriage. Your 1st child is grown enough to sleep alone in his room. As for the 2nd it's essential that she stays close to the mother. She can countinue sleeping in the baby court near you. For now it won't be � perfect as you want. It will not be permanent. These are some of the sacrifices a parent has to make. Do not start harboring the mind of cheating. These are the kind of circumstances that makes people to start thinking of cheating. I wish you good luck
quote author=Prosper82 post=86045507]I Feel Like My Marriage Is Falling Apart

What do you guys think?
[/quote]
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by AfroKnight: 7:33am On Jan 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
Just do as our elders did and marry another wife.

Problem solved.

I’m sorry I have to agree with you. You have solved the problem bro.

A married woman must not weaponise or ration sex. If she does, I support the man having a side chick or marrying a new wife. I am sorry to say this. But sex is now a tool for the conditioning of Nigerian husbands.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Afrikween(f): 7:35am On Jan 24, 2020
Lol
Davash222:
After the day's toil, a married man needs the wife's cuddle and touches at night. It's essential in every young marriage. Coming back home at night to behold your sexy wife alone with lingerie at your wide bed gives joy and also elongates life's span. Wives should stop depriving their husbands this privilege.
One of the reasons for having children bedrooms is to create provisions for these things.

OP, I understand how you feel. Imagine a 7 month old baby dragging your breast with you.. Breast that you paid for. I know you dont have access to that breast again. Nawao
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by zomoears(m): 7:35am On Jan 24, 2020
Vortex369:

It is your opinion. But it does not mean you are right. Worse still, you have d nerve to call him stupid. Maybe he
1. By nature, men are not as resilient as women. Sleep deficiency takes a greater toll on men than women. Is it when he starts making great blunders at work and gets sacked that you will realise it is a real issue? He moves to a spare room to solve that problem. I commend him for this.
2. Did you read the part where he said his 9 year old child still sleeps in the same room as parents? What is a 9 year old doing still sleeping in the parents room? And they even have a spare room o!
From 2 years I ensure separation. And I have four kids. Ask me how that has worked out. It helps the children develope a sense of Independence. Of course there will be a transition phase during the separation where they cry a lot, especially with the first child. But you are the parent, and you need to do what is good and right for the kids.
3. He got it wrong with the 7 month old child. When there is a child in the house, everyone adjusts. He is insensitive to think that the mother should separate the child now. She could get a cot for the cold, and baby stays in the same room. That way he gets to cuddle his beloved and have spontaneous sex the way he likes.
4. Buy her gifts as a reward for what exactly? Dearie, he should rather take her out a lot so they can bond more and spark up their marriage.
5. They need a live-in helper to cater for the house chores and help with the kids. That way madam will be less tired at night and they can have more pleasurable sex.
6. What is alpha male? Is it pretending that stuff don't affect you that makes you an alpha male? Twisted reasoning. What happened to discuss and resolve? Why can't she realise she is married to her man and not her kids? Why can't he make mental adjustments, knowing that after a year or so things will improve?

By the way, husband sees sweet looking beautiful girls everyday who are career side chicks and will give him mind blowing sex. But he comes here to seek advise and you give him insults?
He wants to be faithful!

Ok,now I am sure who the stupid one is, and it's not him. He is insensitive but not stupid. I don't know about you though...

3 Likes

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Afrikween(f): 7:36am On Jan 24, 2020
Go get yourself a side chica maaaaaannnn...
That way you’ll feel better.
Thank me later.
Prosper82:

What do you guys think?
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Alimat40: 7:36am On Jan 24, 2020
Oga, your case is not strong. Next please.
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Sayfact: 7:37am On Jan 24, 2020
Very funny, when you can simply get a side chick that will be spreading her legs for you Everytime
Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Enemyofpeace: 7:37am On Jan 24, 2020
byinks:

Indeed you're an enemy of peace.
truth hurts

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Cherez: 7:38am On Jan 24, 2020
Vortex369:

When you hear some statements in here, you just marvel
So fatherhood has become my 8year old also sharing the parent's bed daily? Even for the 7 month old baby, it shouldn't be always, if not what's the baby's bed for?
You dont know that co-sleeping and bed sharing with infants have their own advs and as well disadvs medically too?
Nawaoooooo
An alpha Male ko, so he abstains from intimacy for 2months, a man that has become active?
This OP seems to me a faithful man cos I know some of you so called alpha males would have gone outside cheating.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by shestrong(f): 7:40am On Jan 24, 2020
Ladylite:
This is a real question that many singles have not begun to consider or discuss before marriage.

I hope you know that your wife loves you, but the sacrifice you have to make is beyond sleep, it also involves sex... Now that there is a 7month old blessed baby with you, simply DATE your wife.....

By date I mean, treat her well, do things for her and be very nice to her as expected, buy her gifts, pamper her... She will give you sex.. I assure you.

Your wife is going through a major phase and you need to understand it and be there for her.

I hope this is clear
Who are you? you deserve a good hug.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by yvelchstores(f): 7:41am On Jan 24, 2020
Vortex369:

I think you are the stupid one for calling a married man with kids stupid. Must you insult him to drive home your point? And you are a woman for that matter.

1 Like

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by Cherez: 7:42am On Jan 24, 2020
Ladylite:

Pls sit in a grave
Lol
So, you dont know the guy has hormones too?
See, stop justifying wrong acts with physiological conditions cos that's where self control comes in.
So you dont know men has serious hormone rages?
Let the woman obey her hormones while the man obeys his too so we know what happens
Stop justifying wrongs

1 Like

Re: I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart by gbemishile: 7:42am On Jan 24, 2020
Vortex369:

I really love ur comment
Na only sex dey the guy brain
Just to dey knack na I'm dey im brain

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Can My Pregnant Wife Continue The Intake Of Milo Beverages? / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics) / My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.