Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Do Military Men Go For NYSC? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Do Military Men Go For NYSC? (29941 Views)

No State Available For NYSC Registration / How to go for stream 2 rather than stream 1 for Nysc Batch B 2017 / Any Hope For NYSC 2017 Batch B? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by hakeem4(m): 10:21am On Nov 18, 2020
No, they are already serving in the armed force, so there is no need to serve again

2 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 10:23am On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

NMS self no dey go NYSC, let alone NDA graduates.... Oga no dey Serve oga ....soldiers no dey train soldiers...
NMS student who are University graduate go for NYSC, NMS is a secondary school.

5 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by RosyIsBlessed: 10:24am On Nov 18, 2020
Maybe the Navy and air force do because they really show they are well educated, exposed and polished but you see those ones called army, I doubt if they even went to school not to talk of nysc. They are unexposed, unenlightened, primitive and the likes as clearly shown in their actions.

2 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Vatod(m): 10:25am On Nov 18, 2020
Please how can someone get admitted to NMS or NDA I want my little girl in Air Force
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by KingsArome(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:
Understood!

The second argument now is, are NMS graduates soldiers?

They are, NMS is just like a secondary school or high school.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Franca397: 10:26am On Nov 18, 2020
No they don't. They already signed up to serve nigeria for life, no NYSC required
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 10:26am On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

When u finish from NMS u are automatically a soldier...some of those guys who trained u in NYSc camp are Ex-boys(NMS graduates) ....NYSC training and service is too small for those small boys u call Secondary with no biz with yeye NYSC...is NYSC a qualification ??..Ex-boys cannot serve because they have passed that level they can only train u people
NMS student are soldiers automatically, they will still report to deport for training. The only advantage is they are use to the system and it's a choice to join or to advance your studies either in the university or NDA
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by splendournoni: 10:27am On Nov 18, 2020
Ustec:
They have been serving our fatherland before the establishment of NYSC.
Just like telling the current custom CG(though retired) to put on a custom outfit,
So degrading.

I don't concur to that... that's an abuse of office... his appointment came from top that's why they didn't follow the bye laws guiding customs.....
Imagine a military man joining police so he shouldn't wear uniform... that can only be seen in our animal kingdom Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by splendournoni: 10:29am On Nov 18, 2020
Vatod:
Please how can someone get admitted to NMS or NDA I want my little girl in Air Force

Check for the airforce secondary school close to you and get all the details... theres day school or boarding school

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tiswell(m): 10:30am On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

NMS self no dey go NYSC, let alone NDA graduates.... Oga no dey Serve oga ....soldiers no dey train soldiers...
sojas dey train sojas,nda cadets,DSS, nscdc, except police who are trained by mobile police.Sojas no dey do nysc,Corp members are just civilians undergoing a compulsory fed. govt. youth scheme with a little touch of military orientation.

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by ArticleBeast: 10:30am On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

When u finish from NMS u are automatically a soldier...some of those guys who trained u in NYSc camp are Ex-boys(NMS graduates) ....NYSC training and service is too small for those small boys u call Secondary with no biz with yeye NYSC...is NYSC a qualification ??..Ex-boys cannot serve because they have passed that level they can only train u people
Lies

3 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by umoslink(m): 10:30am On Nov 18, 2020
Military personnel can't go for NYC reason because they are already serving

3 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by endsarrrs(f): 10:31am On Nov 18, 2020
grin
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Dshocker(m): 10:31am On Nov 18, 2020
I don't think so
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by ArticleBeast: 10:31am On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

U contradicting yourself

NMS graduates are soldiers ....if u want to further education to the university or NDA, the Nigerian Army will allow u....going to the NDA is a direct Liet. While going to the university is still makes u remain as a private soldier while u have the opportunity to go for SSC or DSS commission for the rank of either 2nd Liet. or Major for DSS depends...I thought u want to learn... I have given u the right information but if u still want to go ahead with the rubbish u have No P....but don't go mess with any Ex-Boy(NMS graduate) that they are not soldiers...they go through tough military training in secondary school...
I finished from NMS and what you said is a big fat lie.

14 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 18, 2020
Confusion all over the thread angry

Lemme jejely wait for the last page of this thread for conclusion grin
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Tbasicme: 10:32am On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:
Do soldiers and military men go for service. Let’s say they went back to school while still a soldier. After school, will they go for service?

Also, can an NDA graduate go for service

Thanks

No. They will be given exemption letter/certificate on the premise that they had undergone military / paramilitary training by virtue of their profession. This is also applicable to other paramilitary forces too

''In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;

"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :
• He is over the age of thirty (30) years
• He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or
• He is a member of staff of any of the following:
o The Nigerian Security Organization or
o The State Security Service, or
o The National Intelligence Agency or
o The Defence Intelligence Service
• He has been conferred with any National Honour.

These categories of persons are therefore exempted from service and issued with the Certificates of Exemption.''

3 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Adesolomon2014(m): 10:32am On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Just because u finished from NMS doesnt make u a soldier. You still have to go thru NDA b4 becoming a full fledged soldier. NMS is secondary while NDA is tertiary. Meanwhile both don't go fr NYSC

2 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 10:33am On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Pls anytime , any year, u get to know that NMS is Nigerian Military School, for Army boy soldiers alone and not Airforce and Navy ....Please , try to quote me and apologize for the insults .

I was born and grew up in the system , my elder brother , is an Ex-boy(forner NMS student) , who is automatically a soldier , and he served and collected salaries as a soldier in 1 base workshop Yaba Lagos State , for close to three years , before he gain admission to the NDA ... U are confused on your description of NMS ...

I won't argue with u becuase I can see that u truelly and really doesn't understand what u are saying ... Anytime u gat the know what I have said , pls acknowledge yourself as the M0ron,thank u
Stop say are become a soldier automatically, you will still report to deport for training.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by nwamarcel: 10:33am On Nov 18, 2020
Yes when I was serving in kastina there was military corper in our group Ahmad by name he read sociology from uni mad
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Tbasicme: 10:33am On Nov 18, 2020
Vatod:

Go to their website n apply

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by endsarrrs(f): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2020
RosyIsBlessed:
Maybe the Navy and air force do because they really show they are well educated, exposed and polished but you see those ones called army, I doubt if they even went to school not to talk of nysc. They are unexposed, unenlightened, primitive and the likes as clearly shown in their actions.
You need to be more enlightened than this crap you post up here okay.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Tupacx: 10:34am On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:
Do soldiers and military men go for service. Let’s say they went back to school while still a soldier. After school, will they go for service?

Thanks

It's illegal for military men to go for NYSC according to extent laws.

You cannot serve the country in two capacity...as a military man you are already serving the nation.

However, after your graduation, you should apply for exemption NYSC letter.

2 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Tbasicme: 10:35am On Nov 18, 2020
nwamarcel:
Yes when I was serving in kastina there was military corper in our group Ahmad by name he read sociology from uni mad

He choose to. And probably he is on a study leave

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by MemoriesAndMe: 10:35am On Nov 18, 2020
Lets start with Buhari. Do you think he went for NYSC? Your answer to this is the answer to your first question.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Tbasicme: 10:35am On Nov 18, 2020
Tupacx:

It's illegal for military men to go for NYSC according to extent laws.

You cannot serve the country in two capacity...as a military man you are already serving the nation.

However, after your graduation, you should apply for exemption NYSC letter.

Correct
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tiswell(m): 10:35am On Nov 18, 2020
RosyIsBlessed:
You misinterpret dear, Nig army has a whole lot of polished, refined, intelligent, educated officers. You only met with sojas, not the officers.

Meet the officers and delete such recalcitrant thoughts about the army above from memory.

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tiswell(m): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2020
RosyIsBlessed:
You misinterpret dear, Nig army has a whole lot of polished, refined, intelligent, educated officers. You only met with sojas, not the officers.

Meet the officers and delete such misguided thoughts about the army above from memory.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by 1Dray(m): 10:38am On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:

Thanks

No, they don't. They are already in service.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by sammysneh(m): 10:38am On Nov 18, 2020
Boiguikk:
Ofcourse they do
No dey don't, I know a friend whose brother studied at NDA
They don't go for service
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by brain54(m): 10:38am On Nov 18, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

Lol. An ex boy is automatically a soldier? Where is his uniform and ID number? Guy no kill me with laugh abeg.

Because you do secondary school for NMS, u can't partake in NYSC? You must be high on monkey sperm.

NMS is just a regular secondary school run by the 3 arms of the military. (Navy, Army, airforce). Unlike command which is run by the army, navy sec run by the Navy and airforce sec run by the airforce. NMS just happen to be run by the 3 of them combined that's just the difference. If you graduate from NMS and go to Unilag for your degree, my brother you will serve. The only way you can evade nysc is if you decide to enroll in NDA for your higher education or join the army via RRI with just your NMS school cert.

I'm pretty sure you're confusing NMS for NDA. Stop arguing like a møron.
oga na you dey wrong but na you go first insult person...that man dey argue with you with facts and points...ur own na insult... ex boys are actually soldiers... mind you nms is different from command schools... always try to learn and not argue ignorantly.

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Tracks04: 10:38am On Nov 18, 2020
Dats not true sir
Systrom:
But NMS graduates don’t have any rank, also they don’t receive salary from FG, also they don’t get deployed to fight battles/wars, they are not attached to any army formation etc

Also, when one graduate from NMS, he is given the option to join the army and start his career as a private (pvt) but he can decline the offer or proceed to continue in the military, it’s not a must and it’s a matter of choice. Some may decide not to continue in the military career and enroll in University.

So what exactly makes them soldiers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here / Emeje Chinonye: Female Corper Dies In Borno State (photos) / Nysc Batch C Redeployment Letter Online Printing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.