Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Do Military Men Go For NYSC? - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Do Military Men Go For NYSC? (30199 Views)

No State Available For NYSC Registration / How to go for stream 2 rather than stream 1 for Nysc Batch B 2017 / Any Hope For NYSC 2017 Batch B? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by trendymarseey(f): 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2020
Ask him...he wasn't truthful when filling his NYSC mobilization forms nd co. A soldier isn't supposed to go for NYSC coz dey r already in major service to Naija
jamalnation:
Yes i know a friend after his National Diploma he joined the airforce he later did his HND and then served

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Joetttimua1811(m): 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2020
On the issue of NMS student automatically becoming soldiers it's very true though it's optional but then you hardly see those who will want to opt out, except big men children. Who will want to leave when after secondary school you start earning salary and going by the books you'll be allowed to go to school once you're able to secure admission within a specificied period of time.

Let's stop arguing blindly, Ex boys after that secondary school are soldiers automatically because they combine both military training and academics, and they do this things for the six years they spend in school unlike normal soldiers that even spend just six months in training.

They'll will be posted to units and serve as any other soldier grow within the ranks until or when they're eventually commissioned possibly after school.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Judolisco(m): 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2020
shobroy10:
So much ignorance in the house imagine NMS dey train corpers.
na dis one crack me up pass... D guy never go nysc camp that's why...soldiers wey dey camp sef still dey get stand off with Corps members come imagine if na secondary sch boys
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by NamuNamumallam: 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

When u finish from NMS u are automatically a soldier...some of those guys who trained u in NYSc camp are Ex-boys(NMS graduates) ....NYSC training and service is too small for those small boys u call Secondary with no biz with yeye NYSC...is NYSC a qualification ??..Ex-boys cannot serve because they have passed that level they can only train u people
yes nysc certificate is a qualification. NMS remains a secondary school till eternity. An NMS leaver is a NECO or WAEC holder. And they often start their army jobs as a private soldiers, except military police officers who are giving the rank of a Lance corporal. But a graduate with nysc and a degree or HND are often enlisted into armed forces as a lieutenant rank either as one star � or two stars ✨ ✨.
Guy wake up!

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by freeman67: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:
Do soldiers and military men go for service. Let’s say they went back to school while still a soldier. After school, will they go for service?

Also, can an NDA graduate go for service

Thanks

Nooo military men do not go for service. There are already serving Nation. There are exempted.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Joetttimua1811(m): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2020
na dis one crack me up pass... D guy never go nysc camp that's why...soldiers wey dey camp sef still dey get stand off with Corps members come imagine if na secondary sch boys

Guy make e no crack you ooo, those boys they even tough most times pass normal soldiers, besides no b secondary school soldier finish before e buy form join work?

In case you want to argue I was in camp with batch C II that passed out last month, mind you I am not a corper if you want to know me and get more info on this issue 09099114617. One of the soldiers we went with was an ex boy and they don't joke with him.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by brain54(m): 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
Tupacx:

Everyone that finishes from NMS is a soldier and after NMS you cannot decide to continue or not. You must put in at least 4 years post NMS before you can even decide to discontinue.

Look, from the moment you join NMS which is JSS1, you are already a soldier with Army number....and right from the that JSS1 you are being paid.

What's the other guy is trying to let you know is...

After NMS you are entitled to higher study leave...you can choose to go to NDA (which is not even automatic, you must meet and pass required exam and screening)

Then, you can also choose to o go civil school I.e University... You will be released unhindered to go to University while you're still a soldier and been paid salary at the same time studying.

After graduation from university.....the OP's question comes in...and the answer is NO! You cannot do NYSC but can apply for letter of exemption. Military men can't serve the country twice.
totally correct...anything outside this is false...baffles me how some people can argue boldly ignorantly.... someone even said he finished from nms and says nms is like command school...as how?
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by kuuljay(m): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Go with whatever info u want ....Why will u go to NMS when u don't want to build a career in the army, or be a soldier ?, Why not go to a normal secondary school ??....During the time of my dad , it was straight entry from NMS to the NDA, but for the numbers and those who couldn't get it at the NMS entrance exams as such, went to normal secondary school are now given the opportunity to slug it out with the Ex-boys for NDA admission...Any Ex-boy who is not a soldier was dismissed or went on AWO...a cowards, his salary will be stop...I have tried for u...B-civilian like u wants to argue...if u care for NMS bi-law, soft copy , let me know.
you so much claim to know so much but in actual sense the person you are arguing with knows better then you.stop misleading people with your ignorance
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Joetttimua1811(m): 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
Tupacx:

Everyone that finishes from NMS is a soldier and after NMS you cannot decide to continue or not. You must put in at least 4 years post NMS before you can even decide to discontinue.

Look, from the moment you join NMS which is JSS1, you are already a soldier with Army number....and right from the that JSS1 you are being paid.

What's the other guy is trying to let you know is...

After NMS you are entitled to higher study leave...you can choose to go to NDA (which is not even automatic, you must meet and pass required exam and screening)

Then, you can also choose to o go civil school I.e University... You will be released unhindered to go to University while you're still a soldier and been paid salary at the same time studying.

After graduation from university.....the OP's question comes in...and the answer is NO! You cannot do NYSC but can apply for letter of exemption. Military men can't serve the country twice.

Correct just to add, if you see or anyone told you while in camp as a corper that he or she is a soldier or any of the force, that person only came hidinly cos going by the books you can't serve as a personnel, one of my guy served as a soldier an ex boy sef, in C II of last year in one of the camps the overall parade commander is a policeman. But such persons ain't serving officially. They only came with a different identity.

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by kuuljay(m): 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

Stop misleading people. If you go to NMS and finish from a normal university asides NDA, you must serve.

NMS is just a secondary school. Not different from your command secondary schools , army day, airforce and navy secondary schools.

And mind you NMS grads are not by any means soldiers. If you want to become one, pass through NDA (RC) or buy RRI, SSC forms.

Systrom kelvinkel022 Enwhen
engrjosefz theowane
not true,you have a choice to become a soldier,I have a brother who went to nms he is now a soldier
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by kuuljay(m): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

Lol. An ex boy is automatically a soldier? Where is his uniform and ID number? Guy no kill me with laugh abeg.

Because you do secondary school for NMS, u can't partake in NYSC? You must be high on monkey sperm.

NMS is just a regular secondary school run by the 3 arms of the military. (Navy, Army, airforce). Unlike command which is run by the army, navy sec run by the Navy and airforce sec run by the airforce. NMS just happen to be run by the 3 of them combined that's just the difference. If you graduate from NMS and go to Unilag for your degree, my brother you will serve. The only way you can evade nysc is if you decide to enroll in NDA for your higher education or join the army via RRI with just your NMS school cert.

I'm pretty sure you're confusing NMS for NDA. Stop arguing like a møron.
you guys are mixing up things here,nms is not same with command sec. sch. Nms are giving full military training including firearms,when they graduate they have a choice to become soldiers or refuse and be civilian now if an nms graduate goes to university and graduates and wants to work in civil career services then he has to go for nysc or asks for exemption.my parade commander during orientation was an exboy
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by kashoggi: 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
Let me contribute on this NMS issue.

Up to 1976, when you joined NMS you are issued with a Nigerian Army no, 63NA in those days, which makes you a soldier from day1
From 1977 NMS started issuing it's numbers but on passing out (graduation), but you were issued with an Army number and ID and posted to a unit. While at NMS you got monthly stipends courtesy of the Nigerian Army after passing out and reporting to your unit you are enrolled in the NA payroll and start receiving your salary as a private soldier. For some this ends up being a career path for others they proceed to NDA meanwhile others proceed to Universities. You remain on the NA payroll while at the University and are expected to report back during every holiday and on graduation. From here other paths to commission( becoming an officer) open up.

This is how it used to be, not sure if this holds true today.

So even though graduates choose to go for NYSC, it is technically illegal for them to do so because they are expected to be back in their unit.

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by jamalnation(m): 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
trendymarseey:
Ask him...he wasn't truthful when filling his NYSC mobilization forms nd co. A soldier isn't supposed to go for NYSC coz dey r already in major service to Naija

Alright.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Rawlings120(m): 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:
Do soldiers and military men go for service. Let’s say they went back to school while still a soldier. After school, will they go for service?

Also, can an NDA graduate go for service

Thanks
The idea of NYSC is to give graduates basic paramilitary training and also a way uniting the Nation through postings that exposes you to way of life of other regions. However, serving military and paramilitary personnel already have this training and exposure through their postings without forgetting the fact that they are also been paid for the FGN.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Rawlings120(m): 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2020
trendymarseey:

It’s actually an offense for a serving military or paramilitary personnel to go for NYSC cos you’re already serving the nation who inturn pay for your services. And for the argument of NMS ( Nigerian Military School) it’s a not just a secondary school cos they are trained on how to use weapons and made to face very tough military trainings. On passing out they are given n the option of either continuing as soldiers in the army or opting out to live normal lives like civilians. those who opt in automatically become soldiers. However, those there was a time that option of directly become soldiers was abolished due to UN policy on child soldiering cos of the kids were said to not be up to 18years of age which makes them not qualified to be soldiers as they are not yet adults. But i think that policy have been reversed. And age of entry adjusted to ensure they become 18years old during passing out. So that’s all about (NMS) attached is a picture of some NMS boys. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by mechanics(m): 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
No.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by hybridblood07(m): 1:11pm On Nov 18, 2020
Do you know how many ex boys that went for NYSC and still went back to unit?
Enwhen:

NMS self no dey go NYSC, let alone NDA graduates.... Oga no dey Serve oga ....soldiers no dey train soldiers...
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by TheManOfTheYear: 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

U contradicting yourself

NMS graduates are soldiers ....if u want to further education to the university or NDA, the Nigerian Army will allow u....going to the NDA is a direct Liet. While going to the university is still makes u remain as a private soldier while u have the opportunity to go for SSC or DSS commission for the rank of either 2nd Liet. or Major for DSS depends...I thought u want to learn... I have given u the right information but if u still want to go ahead with the rubbish u have No P....but don't go mess with any Ex-Boy(NMS graduate) that they are not soldiers...they go through tough military training in secondary school...
Chairman you dey yarn dust grin
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by hybridblood07(m): 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2020
oga, Ex-Boys are soldiers whether you decided to go to unit or not. There are many Ex-Boys that went for NYSC but on a lowkey
Systrom:
But NMS graduates don’t have any rank, also they don’t receive salary from FG, also they don’t get deployed to fight battles/wars, they are not attached to any army formation etc

Also, when one graduate from NMS, he is given the option to join the army and start his career as a private (pvt) but he can decline the offer or proceed to continue in the military, it’s not a must and it’s a matter of choice. Some may decide not to continue in the military career and enroll in University.

So what exactly makes them soldiers?

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by hybridblood07(m): 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
Please educate him well. NMS what??
Enwhen:

U contradicting yourself

NMS graduates are soldiers ....if u want to further education to the university or NDA, the Nigerian Army will allow u....going to the NDA is a direct Liet. While going to the university is still makes u remain as a private soldier while u have the opportunity to go for SSC or DSS commission for the rank of either 2nd Liet. or Major for DSS depends...I thought u want to learn... I have given u the right information but if u still want to go ahead with the rubbish u have No P....but don't go mess with any Ex-Boy(NMS graduate) that they are not soldiers...they go through tough military training in secondary school...
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by mdsne(m): 1:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
Military personnel and para-military don't go to NYSC. They can only obtain exception certificate. But moreover it is a choice if you just want to have the pleasure to attend as a serving personnel.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by hybridblood07(m): 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
You finish this guy oh. Are you an Exboy?
Enwhen:

Go with whatever info u want ....Why will u go to NMS when u don't want to build a career in the army, or be a soldier ?, Why not go to a normal secondary school ??....During the time of my dad , it was straight entry from NMS to the NDA, but for the numbers and those who couldn't get it at the NMS entrance exams as such, went to normal secondary school are now given the opportunity to slug it out with the Ex-boys for NDA admission...Any Ex-boy who is not a soldier was dismissed or went on AWO...a cowards, his salary will be stop...I have tried for u...B-civilian like u wants to argue...if u care for NMS bi-law, soft copy , let me know.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by hybridblood07(m): 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2020
You're mad! How can NMS and command day secondary school be the same? Do command undergo military training like weapon training, assembly and stripling rifle?
HitlerGaddafi:

Stop misleading people. If you go to NMS and finish from a normal university asides NDA, you must serve.

NMS is just a secondary school. Not different from your command secondary schools , army day, airforce and navy secondary schools.

And mind you NMS grads are not by any means soldiers. If you want to become one, pass through NDA (RC) or buy RRI, SSC forms.

Systrom kelvinkel022 Enwhen
engrjosefz theowane

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by mdsne(m): 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
NMS is secondary school with basic military training that's all
Judolisco:
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by hybridblood07(m): 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2020
You're so foolish. NMS is controlled by the Army and an education commander commands the school. After POP, you'll be enlisted into tgr Nigerian Army, then you can either apply for Academy or university depending on your choice. Every NMS boy has an ID card with a service number. Stop talking rubbish if you're not an Ex-boy
HitlerGaddafi:

Lol. An ex boy is automatically a soldier? Where is his uniform and ID number? Guy no kill me with laugh abeg.

Because you do secondary school for NMS, u can't partake in NYSC? You must be high on monkey sperm.

NMS is just a regular secondary school run by the 3 arms of the military. (Navy, Army, airforce). Unlike command which is run by the army, navy sec run by the Navy and airforce sec run by the airforce. NMS just happen to be run by the 3 of them combined that's just the difference. If you graduate from NMS and go to Unilag for your degree, my brother you will serve. The only way you can evade nysc is if you decide to enroll in NDA for your higher education or join the army via RRI with just your NMS school cert.

I'm pretty sure you're confusing NMS for NDA. Stop arguing like a møron.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by hybridblood07(m): 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2020
It simply means you'll be enlisted into the NA.
HitlerGaddafi:

That boy is just confused. He's even saying if you finish from NMS , you're automatically a soldier lol
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by CaptainZubi: 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
Why people think ex boys are soldiers is because they are allowed to put on camo within campus and when going for training.

However they are not soldiers and joining the army after you graduate is optional.

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by TheManOfTheYear: 1:32pm On Nov 18, 2020
brain54:

oga na you dey wrong but na you go first insult person...that man dey argue with you with facts and points...ur own na insult... ex boys are actually soldiers... mind you nms is different from command schools... always try to learn and not argue ignorantly.
You're the ignorant one here though grin
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Father4all: 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:
But NMS graduates don’t have any rank, also they don’t receive salary from FG, also they don’t get deployed to fight battles/wars, they are not attached to any army formation etc

Also, when one graduate from NMS, he is given the option to join the army and start his career as a private (pvt) but he can decline the offer or proceed to continue in the military, it’s not a must and it’s a matter of choice. Some may decide not to continue in the military career and enroll in University.

So what exactly makes them soldiers?
What's NMS?
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:
NMS na secondary school, so dem no get business with NYSC
lol
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Awaoyelmoni(m): 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Technically being a Military personnel you are considered to be serving your father land hence it'd be an offence to be seen in Nysc khaki.
But some soldiers who after joining the job are privilege to go back to school still maneuver there way and go for service although secretly, they sneak out to attend cds making sure not to be seen with uniform. when asked why they do this some say letter of exemption may have a negative impact on them securing a job in future plus the allawee can come in handy. So if you know your way and can get the chief clerk to give you pass to briefly attend orientation camp then in between bribing and sorting the rest of your service year can be taken care of.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by saibop(m): 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2020
MMS is just a secondary school so if they attend University or Polytechnic after that they will still serve. I remember when we want to do March parade in Camp, they were asking if anyone attended NMS so they can lead the parade

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Imam Rafiu Olalekan, Lagos Corper Missing (photos) / Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader / Male Corper Turns Truck Pusher In Tongue Wagging Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.