Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Do Military Men Go For NYSC? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Do Military Men Go For NYSC? (29939 Views)

No State Available For NYSC Registration / How to go for stream 2 rather than stream 1 for Nysc Batch B 2017 / Any Hope For NYSC 2017 Batch B? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Masterkernel1: 11:15am On Nov 18, 2020
Ustec:
They have been serving our fatherland before the establishment of NYSC.
Just like telling the current custom CG(though retired) to put on a custom outfit,
So degrading.

Please forget the illustration of Custom DG. If it's degrading to put on Custom's uniform, what's he doing as Custom DG?

Have you seen any player put on any uniform aside the one approved to the club, Custom as an institution is bigger than any person working there.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Reference(m): 11:15am On Nov 18, 2020
No. We are exempted. Nothing in the policy, merhodology and mission statement not already practiced in the military.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by abeggnow: 11:16am On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:
Do soldiers and military men go for service. Let’s say they went back to school while still a soldier. After school, will they go for service?

Also, can an NDA graduate go for service

Thanks
NOOOO.Being in the military is already service to the country.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by HitlerGaddafi: 11:17am On Nov 18, 2020
ArticleBeast:

I finished from NMS and what you said is a big fat lie.
Cc

brain54
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by biotechshola(m): 11:17am On Nov 18, 2020
That's why in an argument, it's always important not just to make points but also provide evidences for your points, this argument about NMS is simply base on individual understanding by all the parties, none provided an evidence in black and white to defend their points..
I wasn't educated at all. Now I have to do some personal research.

As for Op's question, military personnels do not undergo NYSC, it's part of the orientation speech's presentation in camp.. The camp commandant will make It clear in his/her speech..
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by HitlerGaddafi: 11:25am On Nov 18, 2020
Pierocash:
bro stop misleading the people. I am from a military family. Not everyone that went through NMS wants to be a soldier, parents have various reasons why they enrol their kids through NMS,I am talking from experience. And secondly I have two cousines as well after NMS and NDA didn't work out ,they went to the university,today one is a medical doctor, the other an engineer.

Ex boys are not soldiers, and not entitled to salary
I just wonder where people like Tupacx and nitt are getting their information from. How can you say NMS grads are soldiers. They might be receiving stipends while in the school but when you're done with your wassce , you return back to your normal life. NMS is just a regular military secondary school, just like command and the likes. Fine they do alot of military training in nms (one day of the week is dedicated for that ) but that doesnt mean you be korofo immediately you finish. Where's your uniform and what rank do you carry? If you want to be exempted from NYSC, become a soldier after NMS. Go and buy Recruit form (non Commissioned officers) or NDA form if you wish to become a commisoned officer. If you finish NMS and go to a regular university, you are not exempted from NYSC.
Cc linearity

2 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by misterjosh(m): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2020
Some soldiers decide to serve o, I had one in camp with me when I was serving...though he related more with his fellow officers.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Alhajiemeritus: 11:29am On Nov 18, 2020
There were military men and DSS men amongst us when I camped in Agwu Enugu State. I am very sure of this.
They didn't really partake in camping activities, but we were in Camp together.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 18, 2020
NMS is a secondary bro.
Just that there's opportunity for them to be enlisted into the the Army if they're interested. If you finish from from NMS and you don't wish to be enlisted nobody will force you.
Enwhen:

When u finish from NMS u are automatically a soldier...some of those guys who trained u in NYSc camp are Ex-boys(NMS graduates) ....NYSC training and service is too small for those small boys u call Secondary with no biz with yeye NYSC...is NYSC a qualification ??..Ex-boys cannot serve because they have passed that level they can only train u people
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by OmoOduduwa01: 11:29am On Nov 18, 2020
Boiguikk:
Ofcourse they do
They don't
Neither military nor paramilitary personnels are allowed to
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Sunshyne200(m): 11:29am On Nov 18, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

Stop misleading people. If you go to NMS and finish from a normal university asides NDA, you must serve.

NMS is just a secondary school. Not different from your command secondary schools , army day, airforce and navy secondary schools.

And mind you NMS grads are not by any means soldiers. If you want to become one, pass through NDA (RC) or buy RRI, SSC forms.

Systrom kelvinkel022 Enwhen
engrjosefz theowane
That guy is right Al along.

My brother went to NMS and upon passing out was posted to an army unit. Its automatic.

So whatever he does from the on, no service for him.

That gu said his dad is an ex nms boy and you guys were still arguing

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Sunshyne200(m): 11:31am On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

You just want to argue unnecessarily, how can u compare NMS with Command and Army day/children school ?... The requirements to join the military bis school cert and NMS is also school cert ... As an Ex-boy(Ex student of NMS) , u are automatically a soldier , u cannot partake in NYSC, it seems somebody registered u for NYSC , or u didn't serve , cos it is stated there during registration

Tel them, instead of researching, they are spewing thrash and defending it
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 18, 2020
NDA graduates don't go for NYSC likewise serving personnels after graduating from the University while in service. They're exempted from NYSC.
Systrom:
Do soldiers and military men go for service. Let’s say they went back to school while still a soldier. After school, will they go for service?

Also, can an NDA graduate go for service

Thanks
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Pierocash(m): 11:31am On Nov 18, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

I just wonder where people like Tupacx and nitt are getting their information from. How can you say NMS grads are soldiers. They might be receiving stipends while in the school but when you're done with your wassce , you return back to your normal life. NMS is just a regular military secondary school, just like command and the likes. Fine they do alot of military training in nms (one day of the week is dedicated for that ) but that doesnt mean you be korofo immediately you finish. Where's your uniform and what rank do you carry?
that is the misconception people have. NMS is just a secondary school,though with the intention to prepare them for military service for those interested but they are not soldiiers

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 18, 2020
Exactly.
Systrom:
But NMS graduates don’t have any rank, also they don’t receive salary from FG, also they don’t get deployed to fight battles/wars, they are not attached to any army formation etc

Also, when one graduate from NMS, he is given the option to join the army and start his career as a private (pvt) but he can decline the offer or proceed to continue in the military, it’s not a must and it’s a matter of choice. Some may decide not to continue in the military career and enroll in University.

So what exactly makes them soldiers?

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Sunshyne200(m): 11:39am On Nov 18, 2020
nitt:

Of all the argument in the thread.

This comment is the truth about the NMS.

They are soldiers and they get paid.

But If you finish from a civilian university then you must serve, but if u attend NDA then u will be exempted from youth service.

From the comment, you had know he went to NMS.

That's why this nairaland dey tire person, even people wey never see NMS boys dey argue and person wey go the school dey yarn them but them no gree
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Judolisco(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

When u finish from NMS u are automatically a soldier...some of those guys who trained u in NYSc camp are Ex-boys(NMS graduates) ....NYSC training and service is too small for those small boys u call Secondary with no biz with yeye NYSC...is NYSC a qualification ??..Ex-boys cannot serve because they have passed that level they can only train u people
u jst sit down for one place dey yarn dust.... I met alot of NMS graduates or exboys in nysc camp..... NMS na secondary sch.... U jst dey dey talk nonsense with confidence

2 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by HitlerGaddafi: 11:46am On Nov 18, 2020
Sunshyne200:

That guy is right Al along.

My brother went to NMS and upon passing out was posted to an army unit. Its automatic.

So whatever he does from the on, no service for him.

That gu said his dad is an ex nms boy and you guys were still arguing
Stop confusing people. Not everyone on this thread is an illiterate.

It's not automatic and never will it be. The army will never impose it on your head. It's optional. When you finish, you will be given the option of serving in the army as a non Commissioned officer. The difference with those that schooled outside NMS is that you don't need to buy any form, you'll be taken straight to jaji so it's free. However it's optional. If you wish to go to a normal university, you're free. If you wish to continue your life outside the military, you're free.

If you're saying nms grads are soldiers then it means they can't go awol or desert and can't even discharge until they serve the army for a minimum number of years. So I will send my son to nms only for the army to draft him to serve as a private or whatever right? You're wrong. I've never seen an nms graduate who automatically gets a uniform, rank, service number and rifle.

5 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Sunshyne200(m): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

Stop confusing people. Not everyone on this thread is an illiterate.

It's not automatic and never will it be. The army will never impose it on your head. It's optional. When you finish, you will be given the option of serving in the army as a non Commissioned officer. The difference with those that schooled outside NMS is that you don't need to buy any form, you'll be taken straight to jaji so it's free. However it's optional. If you wish to go to a normal university, you're free. If you wish to continue your life outside the military, you're free.

If you're saying nms grads are soldiers then it means they can't go awol or desert and can't even discharge until they serve the army for a minimum number of years. So I will send my son to nms only for the army to draft him to serve as a private or whatever right? You're wrong. I've never seen an nms graduate who automatically gets a uniform, rank, service number and rifle.

The person you messaged is one.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by cooljoe(m): 11:50am On Nov 18, 2020
No they dont. They are already serving the fatherland. Besides they are barred from wearing any other unifom.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Zealsunny(m): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2020
Even police can't go for service. Force men don't go for service becos they 're already serving the nation.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by mvem(m): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2020
Boiguikk:
Ofcourse they do
as a soldier you are already serving...whoever is a military man and goes for NYSC does that in secret
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tiswell(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2020
neweve:

Na so I do bomber to fender with person for filling station as the person reverse small na so I'm jam me. Me start to they Para. Note: na me messup oo was too close. This guy sha beg me. I come say for me to gree him gast to buy waitin I dey sell. Which is bedsheet. Him come talk ok no p. Gave me his card to come to his office say him people sef go buy. Turned out he was a a soldier oga. very cool dude. That was the beginning of a very profitable friendship. So who say sojas no posh never jam better once. Iv meet very civilized privates sef not only officers
yea, sojas break bones not hearts.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Judolisco(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2020
misterjosh:
Some soldiers decide to serve o, I had one in camp with me when I was serving...though he related more with his fellow officers.
same here... Na ekiti u serve?
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by illicit(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

NMS self no dey go NYSC, let alone NDA graduates.... Oga no dey Serve oga ....soldiers no dey train soldiers...

who come dey train soldiers....
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by seunmsg(m): 11:54am On Nov 18, 2020
Go and read the NYSC act now. People serving in the military are exempted from youth service.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Joetttimua1811(m): 11:56am On Nov 18, 2020
[quote author=tiswell post=96168241]You misinterpret dear, Nig army has a whole lot of polished, refined, intelligent, educated officers. You only met with sojas, not the officers.

Meet the officers and delete such recalcitrant thoughts about the army above from memory.

And you think there are no soldiers in the Army that does even better than the officers If the man had an encounter with a bad soldier doesn't mean it's only officers that are intelligent and educated, I can go along and argue this anywhere, it's just opportunity that gave some the peep.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by UnimkeAk(m): 11:56am On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

NMS self no dey go NYSC, let alone NDA graduates.... Oga no dey Serve oga ....soldiers no dey train soldiers...
NYSC is all about integration .... I see it like giving back to the society for one year....

Nothing like serving oga !!!
Nobody is being trained by 90% illitrate Nigerian army... Parade no be training.. period

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by captainbangz: 11:59am On Nov 18, 2020
tutudesz:

Finishing from NMS gives you an add advantage over others trying to be soldiers or going to NDA. NMS students who wish to become soldiers will still report to deport for further training to know which corps they belong to. those who wish to become officers will have to pass NDA exams 1st and will have advantage over others during the interview process
YOU'VE SAID IT ALL! ALLOW THAT GUY TO BE TALKING NONSENSE...WHAT OF THOSE GUYS FROM NMA ORON, ARE THEY AUTOMATICALLY NAVAL PERSONNELS? NO!! THEY WILL ONLY BE GIVEN PRIOR CONSIDERATION DURING THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tiswell(m): 12:02pm On Nov 18, 2020
[quote author=Joetttimua1811 post=96171264][/quote]There are well behaved sojas, as well as officers, but an average civilian usually encounters the sojas.

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Quitam: 12:02pm On Nov 18, 2020
Some people don't know anything but they will be spewing ignorance. I have friends in the university who were ex boys, they report to their units during holidays. They also collect monthly salaries. We went to NYSC together, most parade commanders you see in nysc are nms/afms boys.
Caveat: there was a time in the past decade when the military training was downgraded at NMS. I think the boys that graduated then were treated differently.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by dacillin: 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
blaze7x:
What i know is that before NMS boys were given the opportunity to automatically join the Army but not any more
NMS is rated above Airforce and Navy Secondary schools
Ex-Boys are exposed to some Basic military training (BMT)
Ex-Boys are not allow to put on military cap let alone the uniform after POP because of their atrocities, though soldiers accord them respect when you identify yourself
Ex- Boys are not admittedly into NDA automatically except outstanding candidates and strong recommendations
If you finish from MNS now you are just like every other school cert holder
If you finish from University as Ex- Boy you must serve (NYSC)
To join NMS, NDA, SSC, DSS is not easy and so also their training

This is true best comment on the issue. Others jst have an idea.
Since 2001 NMS stds doesn't hav automatic ticket to NDA, even as a private. Except, jst an added advantage but the commandant can recommend you base on ur performance which is applicable to Command day or Airforce base schools as well.
NMS std put on military uniform, camo, and get paid while in skol. Maybe that's what pple thought they are soldiers. NO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here / Emeje Chinonye: Female Corper Dies In Borno State (photos) / Nysc Batch C Redeployment Letter Online Printing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.