Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Do Military Men Go For NYSC? - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Do Military Men Go For NYSC? (29932 Views)

No State Available For NYSC Registration / How to go for stream 2 rather than stream 1 for Nysc Batch B 2017 / Any Hope For NYSC 2017 Batch B? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Pierocash(m): 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
bejick:

even in NDA you can be rusticated and stops you from been a soldier. NMS will give you an edge cos it is almost like a direct entry but one can decide to opt out.
that is same thing I am saying. NMS only gives you an advantage and open door to stroll into becoming a soldier, but doesn't mean the ex boy is a soldier,until you decide to follow through to jaji

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
tutudesz:

Those were NDA student and they were arrested and dismissed

Go watch the video again and check their shoulders... NDA , not even thermal 1, would do such childish act...

Dismissed ?, Story!!! ... Ex-boys trademark.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Pierocash(m): 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Ex-boy go for six months training ?... Which Ex-boy ?, Nigerian Military School students who wears same uniform as soldiers ?

Your case strong ... I gave up... Not too long ago , at Lagos -Ibadan highway newly graduated Ex-boys in the military uniform were seen in a viral video displaying by blocking the road and the public were crying for them to be sanctions for such act. But only those in the system understand, nothing was done to them ...Ex-boy spirit

Abeg use Google search type Young Nigerian Military School students blocked Lagos Ibadan highway, maybe that video will help u

Without provocation, not even a regular soldier can try such ... Ex-boys spirit.

It is in Lt Gen Amosun
It is in Lt Gen. TY Buratai
It is in Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin (CDS)

you don't want to learn. When I went for my military recruitment,we blocked road,that doesn't make us soldiers until we made it. Stop arguing what you don't know about.

Because they blocked road makes them soldiers? The design of their uniform isn't the regular military uniform but school boys design.

Yes,you still have to go for 6 months training to become fully enlisted Into military service. NMS only gave you an open door to become one but aren't one yet

Even NDA , when you graduate, you will still go for 6 months practical training in jaji before you can be commissioned as soldiers
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 8:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Go watch the video again and check their shoulders... NDA , not even thermal 1, would do such childish act...

Military police co of ikeja cantonment ran into them and they were arrested. You can find out about their dismissal from anyone living in Ikeja cantonment
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Judolisco(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

They are liars ... Most people claim Ex-boy cos of their wish... They lied to u, make it findings from the real ex-boys.
what do ex-boys gain? I did not just see them in camp, I attended the university with a lot of them and they served.... Oga get your facts right
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 8:38pm On Nov 18, 2020
linearity:

Maybe it is comprehension problem? You just stated exactly what I stated and still felt am wrong?

NMS is a secondary school, secondary schools are not qualified to serve NYSC, so NMS was not been given a special exemption.

If after NMS, one enlist in the military, and then obtain a study leave to go to the University, after graduation, they will not be required to server and it is not because they were NMS graduates. It is because they are in the military, other military graduates like them who did not go to NMS but joined as recruits and obtain the same study leave will not serve as well.

However, if after NMS graduate one go to the University instead of enlisting, you will be required to serve.

What this boils down to is, the fact that you graduated from NMS does not have any bearing if you are required to get deployed to NYSC or not...what matters is if you serving or have served in the military or Police for I believe 9 months or so.....so mere graduating from NMS does not cut it.

You tried alot ... But let me tell you why NMS cannot partake in NYSc , anybody that tells u he is an Ex-boy in NYSC camp, is a big liar... Tel him to show u his cert or testimonial...

When you graduate from NMS , u automatically becomes a soldier , and it is compulsory for u to undergo a year service with a unit in the Nigerian army irregardless of whether u want to pursue a career as a soldier or further education , it after your 1year service , that I can apply for NDA, or university, u can still be serving as a soldier in ur unit while pursing ur admission, at the military school , you already have the normal training if not more than that for a regular recruit to the Nigerian army... As such , u cannot partake in NYSC again, cos u have served already in the military, for those that will go to the university after NMS and u are only require to apply for SSC or DSSC...but if u want to go look for job and go the civilian way, your NMS testimonial covers the NYSC discharge certificate.... In most countries , as a graduate , u undergo your 1year service in the force just like the NMS who already gat military training at secondary school level

Walahi, teachers dey try ..Na wa... There is nothing like NMS in the Nigerian Airforce and Navy ...if the university graduate are tendering their NYSC discharge letter for SSC or DSSC , a Ex-boy will present his testimonial and last a letter from the CO from the unit he served last before his education leave.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2020
tutudesz:

Military police co of ikeja cantonment ran into them and they were arrested. You can find out about their dismissal from anyone living in Ikeja cantonment

As I type , I am in MOQ ... Ikeja military cantonment ... I don't need to find out anything , its not new ... I will not say anything beyond that ... Highest they would be posted to ungurun as purnishment
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

As I type , I am in MOQ ... Ikeja military cantonment ... I don't need to find out anything , its not new ... I will not say anything beyond that ... Highest they would be posted to ungurun as purnishment
MOQ what? Am in Obasanjo Road
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
tutudesz:

MOQ what? Am in Obasanjo Road

Wetin u dey do for Obasanjo road this night ?, Because u once entered the barrack and saw Obasanjo road , u wan use am ko ?, If u know MO quartrs u no go dey find my block address this night because I am very very sure , u r not in the barracks and I don't stays in the barracks... Sleep well for ur outside barracks and leave Obasanjo road alone.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by XDaBOSS(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Go with whatever info u want ....Why will u go to NMS when u don't want to build a career in the army, or be a soldier ?, Why not go to a normal secondary school ??....During the time of my dad , it was straight entry from NMS to the NDA, but for the numbers and those who couldn't get it at the NMS entrance exams as such, went to normal secondary school are now given the opportunity to slug it out with the Ex-boys for NDA admission...Any Ex-boy who is not a soldier was dismissed or went on AWO...a cowards, his salary will be stop...I have tried for u...B-civilian like u wants to argue...if u care for NMS bi-law, soft copy , let me know.

You're on track.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Wetin u dey do for Obasanjo road this night ?, Because u once entered the barrack and saw Obasanjo road , u wan use am ko ?, If u know MO quartrs u no go dey find my block address this night because I am very very sure , u r not in the barracks and I don't stays in the barracks... Sleep well for ur outside barracks and leave Obasanjo road alone.
grin seriously thank God nairaland is a faceless forum. I asked you a simple question, which MOQ And you couldn't even mention your road name undecided
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by eddieo(m): 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
Youre really misinformed. You need to know the difference between a soldier and a commissioned officer. An ex-boy is a soldier on graduation. The are posted to units with special privilege to proceed for further education in any higher institution or NDA. They continue to receive salar while schooling but as soon as they are done with their higher degree they must report back to resume fully at their units or get commissioned into NDA or opt out of the Army. i DONT THINK YOU WERE BORN INTO THE ARMY YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS. NMS is not your regular command school or Airforce secondary school. Its a full-fleged military school with full military drill with academics.
Pierocash:
as an ex boy,to officially become a full fledge soldier,you still have to go to 6 months training in jaji to qualify as a soldier. Stop arguing with people who were born into the system. As a student of NMS ,you pay school fees because you aren't a soldier yet. Once you join NDA you automatically become a soldier and that is why they dont pay school fees or tuition in NDA , but in NMS you pay fees

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by eddieo(m): 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2020
Yo are still wrong. After graduating from NMS you become a soldier when you are posted to your formation. You kept mentioning Jaji for training of soldiers when its actually done at the Chindit Barracks in Zaria. Jaji is specialized training basically in Infantry for those soldiers.
Pierocash:
that is same thing I am saying. NMS only gives you an advantage and open door to stroll into becoming a soldier, but doesn't mean the ex boy is a soldier,until you decide to follow through to jaji
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by hybridblood07(m): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2020
Baba, you said rubbish. Are you an Ex-boy?
Enwhen:

Nothing is impossible in Nigeria

But the fact and the truth is what I have told u...
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by VicM6: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2020
military men can never go for nysc becus it's a federal job already.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by XDaBOSS(m): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
Pierocash:
as an ex boy,to officially become a full fledge soldier,you still have to go to 6 months training in jaji to qualify as a soldier. Stop arguing with people who were born into the system. As a student of NMS ,you pay school fees because you aren't a soldier yet. Once you join NDA you automatically become a soldier and that is why they dont pay school fees or tuition in NDA , but in NMS you pay fees

Oga are you an ex-boy?

Point of correction, you joining NDA doesn't make you a soldier automatically...but rather the day you do your P.O.P and get commissioned into the NA, NAF or NAVY makes you a soldier. You can be rusticated along the line...the day you get dismissed before your passing out you seize being a soldier oga.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by kashoggi: 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2020
hybridblood07:
Baba, you said rubbish. Are you an Ex-boy?

NMS ? were you? Which COY? You seemed too informed not to be one. smiley

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 10:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
kashoggi:

NMS ? were you? Which COY? You seemed too informed not to be one. smiley
Best question grin

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Pierocash(m): 10:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
eddieo:
Youre really misinformed. You need to know the difference between a soldier and a commissioned officer. An ex-boy is a soldier on graduation. The are posted to units with special privilege to proceed for further education in any higher institution or NDA. They continue to receive salar while schooling but as soon as they are done with their higher degree they must report back to resume fully at their units or get commissioned into NDA or opt out of the Army. i DONT THINK YOU WERE BORN INTO THE ARMY YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS. NMS is not your regular command school or Airforce secondary school. Its a full-fleged military school with full military drill with academics.
you are the one been misinformed. Where did you get that from,paying nms students salary,are you kidding me? As an nms student you pay fees,not you been paid,stop this misinformation.

In NDA you are Automatically a soldier and that is why they place you on salary till you graduate,and proceed to jaji as an infantry, or other training camps for other personnel that aren't infantry.

Stop deceiving yourself that as an ex boy has automatically become a soldier. You are not until you regularised your decision to fully become one ,then you go for 6 months training and pass out then you become a soldier with salary.

The difference between nms and other secondary school is that ,is that it gives you a platform to fully become a soldier without going to buy form and go through state screening like outsiders. You are not one until you decide to be one and go through the 6 months training like others
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Pierocash(m): 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
XDaBOSS:

Oga are you an ex-boy?

Point of correction, you joining NDA doesn't make you a soldier automatically...but rather the day you do your P.O.P and get commissioned into the NA, NAF or NAVY makes you a soldier. You can be rusticated along the line...the day you get dismissed before your passing out you seize being a soldier oga.
from the day you are admitted into NDA ,you become a soldier, that is why you are placed on salary till you graduate. Nms isn't like that because you are not a soldier yet that is why you pay fees every session including text books but offers you an opportunity to become one when you decide to. You Go to6 months training and you are passed out as a Private
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Pierocash:
you are the one been misinformed. Where did you get that from,paying nms students salary,are you kidding me? As an nms student you pay fees,not you been paid,stop this misinformation.

In NDA you are Automatically a soldier and that is why they place you on salary till you graduate,and proceed to jaji as an infantry, or other training camps for other personnel that aren't infantry.

Stop deceiving yourself that as an ex boy has automatically become a soldier. You are not until you regularised your decision to fully become one ,then you go for 6 months training and pass out then you become a soldier with salary.

The difference between nms and other secondary school is that ,is that it gives you a platform to fully become a soldier without going to buy form and go through state screening like outsiders. You are not one until you decide to be one and go through the 6 months training like others
No school fees for NMS students and they pay you allowance ending of each term.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Pierocash(m): 10:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
tutudesz:

No school fees for NMS students and they pay you allowance ending of each term.
that isn't true bro, login to their site and see their fees. They pay every session including textbook. What I am telling you is what I was born into and know much about military recruitment because I went through the process
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
Pierocash:
from the day you are admitted into NDA ,you become a soldier, that is why you are placed on salary till you graduate. Nms isn't like that because you are not a soldier yet that is why you pay fees every session including text books but offers you an opportunity to become one when you decide to. You Go to6 months training and you are passed out as a Private
You are a cadet and not a soldier. They pay you allowance and not salary has a NDA cadet.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
Pierocash:
that isn't true bro, login to their site and see their fees. They pay every session including textbook. What I am telling you is what I was born into and know much about military recruitment because I went through the process
Buying Text books is different and school fees in NMS undecided is military recruitment the same has gaining admission into NMS undecided
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Pierocash(m): 11:06pm On Nov 18, 2020
tutudesz:

You are a cadet and not a soldier. They pay you allowance and not salary has a NDA cadet.
bro NDA cadets are paid their first salary in their last year in the institution,don't tell me what I know.

Nms isn't like that because they aren't soldiers
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 11:07pm On Nov 18, 2020
Pierocash:
bro NDA cadets are paid their first salary in their last year in the institution,don't tell me what I know.

Nms isn't like that because they aren't soldiers
It's called allowance and not salary. Your allowance are calculated and paid to you.
Allowance not Salary
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Pierocash(m): 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2020
tutudesz:

Buying Text books is different and school fees in NMS undecided is military recruitment the same has gaining admission into NMS undecided
they are not the same. Military recruitment is a training process to become a soldier, nms is a military school preparing you with the opportunity to become one after you pass out, but must still go through the same training process in jaji for infantries.

In nms,you aren't trained to handle gun,so you aren't a soldier until you go through the training process
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Pierocash(m): 11:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
tutudesz:

It's called allowance and not salary. Your allowance are calculated and paid to you.
Allowance not Salary
and I am telling you that it is salary not allowance. You are entitled to allowance right from the day you gain admission, but salary starts from your final year
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2020
Pierocash:
they are not the same. Military recruitment is a training process to become a soldier, nms is a military school preparing you with the opportunity to become one after you pass out, but must still go through the same training process in jaji for infantries.

In nms,you aren't trained to handle gun,so you aren't a soldier until you go through the training process
NMS student back in the days handle guns and fire live round at range.
Yeah they will report for training to determine to their various corps, usually MP.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 11:16pm On Nov 18, 2020
Pierocash:
and I am telling you that it is salary not allowance. You are entitled to allowance right from the day you gain admission, but salary starts from your final year
Salary start after graduation, infact you are paid a day after graduation to enable you report to units. What you receive through your stay in NDA is allowance.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by HitlerGaddafi: 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Lol you shot yourself. It's now i fully understand you don't even know what you've been saying since page one. You don't even know that every NDA cadet (clowns) are usually obliged to go on such rampage. I've forgotten the name it's called but it happens. Mind you, NMS can never try such. Those are NDA cadets.

tutudesz

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by OyinO: 11:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

That boy is just confused. He's even saying if you finish from NMS , you're automatically a soldier lol

He's not confused but you are. NMS graduates were automatic soldiers after Oath Taking Ceremony shortly before their POP until sometimes in 2011 or thereabout when they stopped the automatic enlistment. It was then that they were not allowed to be deployed to army formations except they go through Depot NA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sokoto Corper Dies Few Hours To His Passing Out Parade (Photos) / Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here / Emeje Chinonye: Female Corper Dies In Borno State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.