Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money (80600 Views)

How Oko Oloyun Option C Investors Can Get Their Money Back / Crowd Storm Loom Headquarters In Lagos To Demand For Their Money / Oko Oloyun Option C Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by maasoap(m): 2:57pm On Jan 25, 2020
MarianaTrench:
So this guy was also running a Ponzi scheme...

Everyone in Nigeria wants to blow overnight

Now, it looks like someone who lost huge amount of money to him decided to take law into his own hands.
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by toprealman: 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
Davash222:
10% Returns in two months
Some people are truly gullible.

So, if I invest 100K , I have to wait after two months before making 10,000 Naira.
If I use that 100K and be playing 2 odds every weekend, that would be 100 times better sef.
Not sure about the game staking but same goes for fixed deposit in banks. GTB gave me a ridiculous rate the other day, the silence response they got from me must have been deafening.
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by alezzy13: 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2020
Ryan03:
most banks offer 10% per annum

Really? Give an example. I'm very interested
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by benedictac(f): 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
nairalee:
Option A - MMM
Option B - MMM Reloaded
Option C - Oko Oloyun

Option D.... Loading

1 Like

Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by alezzy13: 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2020
AntiWailer:

Give me one please

Farmfunds Africa has a package 20% in six months; agrecourse, etc.
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by alezzy13: 3:18pm On Jan 25, 2020
toprealman:

Not sure about the game staking but same goes for fixed deposit in banks. GTB gave me a ridiculous rate the other day, the silence response they got from me must have been deafening.

What rate did they give?
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Kubernetes: 3:20pm On Jan 25, 2020
toprealman:

Investment in banks like fixed deposit and tbills should not and can never be compared with a Ponzi investment.There is 101% certainty of getting your money back at any time t if you decide to call back your investment.And because of this,the rate are on the lower side but still better.
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2020
alezzy13:

the paroles is dead now thanks to Buhara. 0.5% to 2% per annum is what you will get these days
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by ursullalinda(f): 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2020
Liposure:
hi linda

Hi
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Ryan03(f): 3:40pm On Jan 25, 2020
alezzy13:

wema bank. If you save with their ALAT app, you get 10% per annum which is 0.8% per month. Provindus bank in charge of p.i.g.g.y vest also offer same. C.o.w.r.y.w.i.s.e (I dont know if that is a bank o) offers 11% per annum

2 Likes

Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by toprealman: 3:48pm On Jan 25, 2020
alezzy13:

What rate did they give?
Horrible one
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by toprealman: 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2020
Kubernetes:

Investment in banks like fixed deposit and tbills should not and can never be compared with a Ponzi investment.There is 101% certainty of getting your money back at any time t if you decide to call back your investment.And because of this,the rate are on the lower side but still better.
Getting back peanut is the bone of contention here.....not the security your capital.
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by odizeey(m): 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2020
bonnyhope:

what can you say about fixed deposit that returns about 10% in the whole yr?

Bro, that one is reasonably guaranteed.

We are talking of ponzi here. MMM will double your income in 30 days.

If I want to invest my 10 million, I will buy 3 cars and 5 bike for shared rides. With proper marketing, I know where my money will be in a year. So when I see people say 60% in a year, I laugh. Will you invest in ponzi for a year?
This one na poor man ponzi.
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Phyde: 3:58pm On Jan 25, 2020
Davash222:

So, if I invest 100K , I have to wait after two months before making 10,000 Naira.
If I use that 100K and be playing 2 odds every weekend, that would be 100 times better sef.
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by LIMELIGHTCRAZY: 3:59pm On Jan 25, 2020
For the ignorant , Ponzi Scheme is a type of fraud /Scam

And a person who deals with fraud / scam is a fraudster/ scammer

Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Phyde: 4:00pm On Jan 25, 2020
Davash222:

Even 1.50 odds sef is still not bad.
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by victorian(f): 4:26pm On Jan 25, 2020
ursullalinda:
Thought they said he had a good business?.....Nigerians will always have one side dirty business.....while flaunting the good one.....greed is bad

Immediately i read some gun men shot him down. I knew large sums of money was involved in his death.

Assasins dont go about killing people anyhow , no matter how bad the economy is.
The underlying tone of his death relates to money!

Be transparent and fair with buisness deals.

Thieves and assaasins wont come knocking.

What a terrible way to die

2 Likes

Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Systrom(m): 4:27pm On Jan 25, 2020
Waiting for Option D make I invest
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Bbbwings: 4:36pm On Jan 25, 2020
5chrisade:

Anyone that says betting is a scam is ignorant. With good money,good source of games, tested strategy and discipline, betting(sports investment) is bliss.
By now you must be a millionaire
Abi na lie?
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Bbbwings: 4:39pm On Jan 25, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
guy, I won about #158,000 in the month of December 2019 staking about#70000+....so I know what I am talking about....when u consider the sleepless nights and the propensity of big teams to mess up coupled with the anxiety attached, I can confidently tell u dat it is not worth it....there was a time I staked a 3 odd game with about #10000 guess the match that ruined the ticket? Juventus drawing 1:1 with sassuolo at the Turin stadium.... bros Las Las betting na scam....I have played it long enough to know
Na that anxiety I no like.
No sleep and my heart will be thumping like crazy.
Betting is not for me

1 Like

Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Bbbwings: 4:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
bizhop01:

2 odds indeed,

You bet on FC barcelona team to wear jersey in pitch, that day Messi will forget his jersey in dressing room.
grin
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by golddare: 4:53pm On Jan 25, 2020
prof2007:
Tens of Lagosians stormed the LASU Road office of late Alhaji Fatai Yusuf, popularly known as Oko Oloyun, to demand the money they invested in his Ponzi scheme.

Oko Oloyun, a popular Lagos-based trado-medical expert, was murdered on Thursday 23 January 2020 around 4:30pm on the road while travelling to Iseyin, Oyo State. He was reportedly attacked by some hoodlums at Igboora.

Following his demise, people who invested money in his Ponzi scheme, known as “Option C” stormed the Head office of his company to demand how to retrieve their money. The investors were the more confused as his two offices at Egba Idowu along Igando road in Lagos were shut with no one to provide information.

The investors, however, vowed to take drastic measures if a statement was not issued by the organization as soon as possible. Just like the day MMM folded up, the investors in “Option C” programme narrated how much they had invested and insisted they could not afford to lose their hard-earned money.

An investor, who chose to be called Emmanuel explained that Option C is a money-making programme that promised 10% return in two months. Emmanuel, who was trembling while speaking, added that he invested in the scheme in July 2019 and had only received returns once, contrary to the agreement of two months which was stated.

Mrs Bunmi (first name withheld), a retired teacher, who was clearly in shock, stated that she had invested millions having joined the programme in December 2018. She said she had only received N500,000 from her investment and that she was not sure of her fate with the death of Oko Oloyun.

Clutching her investment documents, she said that she filed to pull out after inconsistency in payment but rescinded her decision when she was told that she could not get her investment back in full.

Mr Azeez, another investor, said he invested N1 million in September 2019 and had decided to pull out after he was not paid in November. He, however, vowed to pursue his profit with all his ability.

Mrs Bisola (second name withheld) said she invested the money sent to her by her military husband who is fighting insurgents in North East. She said she could not afford to lose the money. She urged the management to speak up and address the investment programme issue quickly.

Mrs. Sulaimon, an investor, said she aborted her trip to travel down from Badagry to Igando when she heard about the assassination of Oko Oloyun. She noted with tears that she had invested a lot and could not afford to lose her investment. She was however optimistic that the returns would be paid after meeting her co-investors who cheered her up.

However, in the midst of the lamentation, some investors who had visited the house of the late Oko Oloyun in Lagos alleged that they were denied access by the security men, with the statement that “Alhaja said we should not allow anybody to come in, they are all in Ibadan.”

After the outcry, the investors agreed among themselves to visit the house of the deceased in Lagos during the Fidau prayers on the eighth day to demand their returns.

However, a security man at Oko Oloyun’s Egan Idowu office alleged that one of the rooms in the head office was intentionally burnt by unknown men prior to Oko Oloyun’s death. He said the workers who were on duty had been arrested.

SOURCE: https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/01/24/investors-storm-oko-oloyuns-office-to-demand-their-money/

They will say no money but when awoof programmes emerged you will start seeing money.
Foolish ones will still continue after the management sweet talk them. Its alright.
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:24pm On Jan 25, 2020
this is really sad. I can't blame the people, though. despite the man being recently murdered and the case is still fresh, I won't blame people requesting for their money. cos it is not easy.

however, people should just stop investing in anything Ponzi Scheme related.

as I am, if you like, bring an offer that promises 50 times fold of any money to me, I will trash you away immediately, I don't even entertain such at all. if you like, be a world number one marketer, I will trash u immediately. I don't involve myself in anything that promises multiple returns of money invested, as long as it is not the business that I am into. even, if it is from a bank, I will trash u immediately u mention it. I prefer doing my business and making my profits steadily.

still on still, RIP to Oko Oloyun.
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Azmanaty: 5:31pm On Jan 25, 2020
einsteine:

Are you saying 10% in two months is low?

10% in a year passively is fantastic return. Treasury bills currently pay 5% in a year.

Big FAT lie!
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by kutashi: 5:32pm On Jan 25, 2020
AntiWailer:

Dnt mind that one.
What do you mean? U are not seeing it from professional angle! But let help your layman idea!

10% in 2 months translate to 60% in a 12 months (not considering T&C that will be attached to such agreement)

If you invested N100,000 that means you will earn a total of N60,000 at the month end and if yo decided to pull out of the investment, you are expected to be paid N160,000

If you factored in the average Nigerian greed tendency (which is above 75%), I want to assure you only or may be less than 5% of total imvestors will invest N100,000 or less because some people will even borrow money to invest in PONZI. This means over 95% of the inveatment will start from N500,000 upward which will in turn cause 'over crowding pay out' and this is code red level in ponzi scheme! The level where the pay out has exceeded investment or total cash available

The bottom line is there is no business that will give you that kind of return! In your layman thinking, you may think I can invest N100,000 and get N10,000 in two months but the reality is you may or you may not and you are not even sure to maintain the returns stream of the same amount every 2 months (if you factored in both systematic & unsystematic risks). Even, the multinational companies profit stream and cash flow streams changes from month to month but in the case of Ponzi scheme, you have to meet pay out as promised regardless of your situation.

Make i stop my dogo turencí
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Kendumazy(m): 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2020
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Mac2016(m): 5:38pm On Jan 25, 2020
AntiWailer:
I dnt get it .

U are investing in a Ponzi scheme called Option C by Oko Oloyun ?

Many are truly mad but few are roaming about.
grin. No be our Lagos?! You're always certain to find subscribers no matter how ridiculous the idea is grin
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by zone51: 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
So, upon the whole money, e no get jazz to disappear when things go south. angry,

God bless Dad, everything is ready for us at home, I'm not just interested to collect them now. cool
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by trippleKAY(m): 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
My mum invested 1.5m
Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by golddeejay(m): 5:56pm On Jan 25, 2020
Davash222:

The fact that people are liking this post says it all about Nigerian youth.

You people will be talking of 2 odds like you will fix the match. I started betting with ladbroke and bet360, before Dotun & akin Alabi started working on Nigerians. Thank God for sense.

Only one thing is sure in betting, the owner getting richer from your money. If 2 odds is that easy, you and others are supposed to be very rich by now. Just take a loan or sell your property to raise 100k.

You and the Ponzi scheme investors are in the same category.

1 Like

Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Wickedtruths: 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2020
Azmanaty:

Big FAT lie!

Instead of arguing ignorantly, why don't you confirm the rates?

2 Likes

Re: "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money by Izigha(m): 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2020
NoToPile:
Loool, I wouldnt say its a ponzi scheme nor a money doubling programme,I found out details about the investment scheme back them

They said its 10percent every two months with one month break, so basically you get paid 10percent once every 3 months which is 4 times in a year equating to 40percent yearly which I feel is still very high sha, A whole 40percent.

Option A was you become a mega distributor or something like that
Option B was you get a mini kiosk or selling from their branded car booth.
Option C was you invest your cash and after sales of the products by their sales team you get the profit at that particular percentage.

Nigerians majorly went for option C maybe because option A and B would have involved a lot of capital to get their products.

Now that the man is dead no one knows what will happen to the investors fund.
forget it bro, as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, the money is gone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank / MMM: Message From Amaka Who Just Married The Top Guider / Abayomi Segun Oluwasesan: How I Hacked Afriq Arbitrage System, Stole Billions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.