Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? (42888 Views)

10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by tweakvile(m): 8:35am On Jan 25, 2020
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AND TOXICOLOGY

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 25, 2020
midnighter:

Okay, noted

But then again, is that not just a function of the archaic Nigerian system and not uselessness of the course itself?

I remember reading an article that Computer Science is the most lucrative course to study. It was from abroad

Very true. There is a need to review the system
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Vetsolo(m): 8:37am On Jan 25, 2020
Sharia law with F9 in 7. O level

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by ikorodureporta: 8:37am On Jan 25, 2020
bonnyhope:
entrepreneurship
Is it the story telling entrepreneurship?? If u Sabi the story, na wetin you go use am do??
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by West2019(m): 8:45am On Jan 25, 2020
study corruption u will never regret
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by ikorodureporta: 8:46am On Jan 25, 2020
bakynes3:
Why is nobody mentioning Marketing? There are many companies in Nigeria that produce one thing or the other they need Marketers to help them sell their brands.

Marketing is all about connections. Anybody can be a good marketer based on that. Do you see all these Insurance, real estate marketing etc commission- based jobs as yr dream job??
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 25, 2020
Biomedical Engineering

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Samnick: 8:46am On Jan 25, 2020
while nobody mention banking\finance

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by hakeem4(m): 8:47am On Jan 25, 2020
Roon9:

Civil wetin?
why don’t you agree with civil engineering

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by HaryoBamex(m): 8:50am On Jan 25, 2020
Slayer10:

I sorry for you. You go suffer grin

Hey bro can u pls explain y u said youre sorry 4 him 4 studying computer science? No offence
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by nana06: 8:51am On Jan 25, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Computer science is a waste of time. You don't have to be a computer science graduate to practice in that field. You simply need the knowledge and if really want to be grounded in the field, you are definitely not learning that within the four walls of the classroom. The rest is mathematics.

You have spoken as far as your eyes can see!

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Ayo081(m): 8:53am On Jan 25, 2020
Personal development (skills)/Handy work
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Slayer10: 8:56am On Jan 25, 2020
HaryoBamex:

Hey bro can u pls explain y u said youre sorry 4 him 4 studying computer science? No offence

Computer science is a good course but not in Nigeria. You will learn nothing. Imagine computer science student them go they teach you elementary math, physics, assembly language. Oracle Java
Out dates scheme of work.
You no go even learn how to code.
Nobody go take you serious after you graduate.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by bakynes3: 9:00am On Jan 25, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Marketing is all about connections. Anybody can be a good marketer based on that. Do you see all these Insurance, real estate marketing etc commission- based jobs as yr dream job??

O boy Marketing get level o no be GNLD i dey follow u talk.
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by ikorodureporta: 9:01am On Jan 25, 2020
The problem with our hr personnel these days is lack of understanding of the weight of some courses.

If you tell them that some graduates of geoscience wld do better than some others with specific degree such as computer science, marketing, statistics, etc, they'll not understand. They prefer streamlining the requirements to those areas

The best method of recruitment is to bring every applicants to take a simple test
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by persius555(m): 9:02am On Jan 25, 2020
Migration Education
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by sleey1: 9:05am On Jan 25, 2020
Pls come back to 21st century. Thank you
Wiseandtrue:
Farming!!!

Ìwe kikó lai sí òkó ati àda, koi pe o, koi pe o

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by nana06: 9:07am On Jan 25, 2020
HaryoBamex:

The problem is that people don't understand where and how far a degree in Computer science can take you.. These guys are literally taking over all fields from medicine to Engineering, law and management...
People don't ask questions, they just earn these degrees and sit at home or settle for less....
I studied an engineering course, topped my class and sometimes struggle to get grants and sponsorships even till now because most of them needs researchers with plenty experience..
If I knew what I know now back then, I won't waste 5 years studying Engineering...NEVER... But I also know God's plans 4 me will give me that expected end!
People should learn to ask questions more than criticize!
Someone who studied CS can work in a neuroscience lab, another in an oil company, banking sector, law; name it they are everywhere..
In my opinion the best courses are Computer science and biological courses.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by AnongoMathias91(m): 9:07am On Jan 25, 2020
Wait! So no hope for those of us that read education? Please I read B.ed. Educational Management, do I have hope in Nigeria for any job?

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by ikorodureporta: 9:09am On Jan 25, 2020
In today's Naija - Computer science, because they will always call you for job interviews...

*Food technology - because you can easily set up yr business. Bsides, there are many opportunities

*Estate Management: The reason I mentioned this is because a lot of home owners these days don't want tenant wahala

*HSE

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by idiege12(m): 9:12am On Jan 25, 2020
AnongoMathias91:
Wait! So no hope for those of us that read education? Please I read B.ed. Educational Management, do I have hope in Nigeria for any job?

Go teach na. Wetin you want hear again. Nobody is mentioning that because with a six month Pgd in education, anyone can comfortably be a professional in the field. Plus, teachers are broke. We talking lucrative and good pay fields here.
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Halifaxguy: 9:13am On Jan 25, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Computer science is a waste of time. You don't have to be a computer science graduate to practice in that field. You simply need the knowledge and if really want to be grounded in the field, you are definitely not learning that within the four walls of the classroom. The rest is mathematics.

I laugh at this very statement. Infact your statement doesn't make sense. As a graduate of computer science, it has opened lots of opportunities for me to work in some big firms. One thing you must remember that the way computer science is taught in foreign universities is quite different from the way is been taught in Nigeria universities. I was opportuned to have tested both sides of education. My first degree was B.Tech in computer science and mathematics from a Nigeria school. But when I moved to abroad I went back to study computer science major. Abroad schools will exposed you to different programming languages (Java, C++, Python, php, javascript, Css etc ) and you must be doing ongoing projects using the technologies you learned in class and there are work terms where you are required to work in a company and help the company to solve their business problems using the programming skills acquired in class.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by DAVE5(m): 9:15am On Jan 25, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Study Olosho and make.money in no time

School is a scam

Very big scam

Our big daddy no get waec certificate
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 25, 2020
Freestainworld:
Animal husbandry, e pay die, you will learn how to swallow money.

Animal husbandry, which one be dat? Person dey marry animal?
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by STENON(f): 9:22am On Jan 25, 2020
If not Physics / Mathematics Education, then nursing.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by AnongoMathias91(m): 9:23am On Jan 25, 2020
But wait, is it just about Nigeria or the entire world, is it that those mostly mentioned courses that we are suggesting one should study are also more marketable in other countries or how, everything in our country is badly structured, beginning from our homes, leadership, salary structure, etc we do things as though without the other another will exist. This is the more reason there is no passion for what we study or do in life but all that matters is the luxury involved, people are studying courses because of what they will become in future, and most times when it comes to practice you begin to see lapses everywhere. Every field has a vital role to play for survival of the other and should be treated as such, good luck to us all

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Emeliegregory(m): 9:24am On Jan 25, 2020
Anything computer or software related. Be it Computer Engineering or Computer Science. We are entering or we already are in the era of tech. Many courses would be redundant soon.
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by ostechno(m): 9:24am On Jan 25, 2020
GOVERNMENTBOY20:
Chemical engineering and computer science
See mumu
Go study chemical engineering, you go suffer
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by anzaku47(m): 9:25am On Jan 25, 2020
Go for *Agricultural Economics and Extension *Agronomy *Aquaculture and Fisheries Management *Animal Science *Forestry, Wildlife and Ecotourism In short go for Agricultural related course and thank me later.
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 9:26am On Jan 25, 2020
ostechno:

See mumu
Go study chemical engineering, you go suffer
What did you study?

Oh this was you in 2019 Now who's the bigger fool? Your father I guess.

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Roon9(m): 9:27am On Jan 25, 2020
hakeem4:
why don’t you agree with civil engineering

I'm a civil engineer bro. Its quite lucrative but only after you have gathered a lot of experience. If you are still in school i'd suggest you start going to the field.
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Akinh: 9:28am On Jan 25, 2020
Arm Robbery,Kidnapping or Politiy thugerinism...u can ask me those institution that offer those pretigious courses

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"We Spent N20m To Hack Into JAMB Registration Portal" – Suspect / How To Check JAMB 2015 Results / OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.