Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? (42885 Views)

10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by midnighter(f): 9:29am On Jan 25, 2020
Kleenatics:

Very true. There is a need to review the system

Indeed!
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by ayodeji4000(m): 9:32am On Jan 25, 2020
ise owo( hand)
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Abusadiq01(m): 9:33am On Jan 25, 2020
gr8cany:
Ass-licking
You dey mad ba?

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Ramos16(m): 9:37am On Jan 25, 2020
Slayer10:

I sorry for you. You go suffer grin

Looool. Super funny
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by midnighter(f): 9:37am On Jan 25, 2020
Penboy:

You are wise... Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.

Thanks
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by ModestGal(f): 9:44am On Jan 25, 2020
Let me help you out here.
The best course in Nigeria for someone hardworking are:

Medicine and Surgery
Computer Science
Nursing
Radiography and other medical courses

Medicine and surgery rank first because if you want to make it in any field and you study that, you will have more opportunity and respect than your fellow mate, which means that after studying the course and you switch to a field such as acting, you will surely be respected and thus gain opportunities if you are hardworking.
Nowadays, doctors are entering many fields and they are making it there because we still have many mumu who will always take doctors to be above all sort of jobs.

Computer Science rank second because in this course, people assume you know many ICT stuffs even if lecturer never enter your class to teach a single thing. And now, if you like yourself, you will go and register for 6month ICT training, that's where you will get the skill needed, but the certificate for the skill will be gotten from the university. Now, when you start doing projects, people will respect your works of the same value with your mates just because of your background.

Nursing
Nursing ranks third because nurses gets jobs easily and they are as well respected in the society. By this way you will get friends (connection) that will open up opportunities for you. And also middle east countries may always be getting richer and lazy and thus looking for nurses here, so getting jobs is easier for nurses. European countries also has a high probability of always looking for African nurses to use in their countries.

Other medical courses
Some other medical courses are as well wella respected so its likely to oave more ways in the health sector.

If you study a course for the purpose of getting a job or wealth in Nigeria, you may end up frustrated, so you need to study for the purpose of certificate to back up your interest or skills you will have to learn under private organizations or firms.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by hakeem4(m): 9:45am On Jan 25, 2020
Roon9:

I'm a civil engineer bro. Its quite lucrative but only after you have gathered a lot of experience. If you are still in school i'd suggest you start going to the field.
i am also a civil engineer and i can confidently say its very lucrative
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by GRACEGLORY: 9:45am On Jan 25, 2020
ikorodureporta:
What's the best course to study in today's Nigeria?

Financial Education! But, it's quite a pity it's not taught in any school

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 9:47am On Jan 25, 2020
AnongoMathias91:
Wait! So no hope for those of us that read education? Please I read B.ed. Educational Management, do I have hope in Nigeria for any job?

Their is hope. Though effort was made for my younger sister to study nursing but things didn't scale through. When opportunity came for her to make education related course, PHYSICS EDUCATION was chosen. Enjoying the course because of great prospect because there are limited personnel in that field thus those with the certification have high chances of flourishing in that field.

Any course you choose, consider the law of DEMAND/SUPPLY. Very important.

I will advocate for:

Nursing
Medicine
Medical Related
Selected Educational Courses
Agric Economics
Selected Engineering Courses

Plus: Objective Consultation

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Excallibur(m): 9:48am On Jan 25, 2020
If the answers to this question is the decider to what you will put on your jamb form, then you are not ready for higher institution
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by kareemkamil(m): 9:50am On Jan 25, 2020
Computer package's e.g yahoo yahoo.
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Roon9(m): 9:51am On Jan 25, 2020
hakeem4:
i am also a civil engineer and i can confidently say its very lucrative

OK bro
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by machiavelli95: 9:52am On Jan 25, 2020
Kleenatics:

Then "Computer Science" is not the best course to study in Nigeria right now. An SSCE holder with programming skills is better off.

Don't say what you don't know. There is difference between being just able to type code and being a well grounded computer scientist. Concepts like abstraction, algorithm optimization to fitt processor capabilities, utilization of vector matrices for object representation, computer architecture cannot be learnt just like that. Why do you think computer science has a lot of mathematics? Do you think "computation" is beans? Even basic algorithms, the fact that your code runs doesn't mean that is the most efficient way to write that code. We can write different code to solve the same problem, both might work, but one will end up generating 10X more cache than the other and being 1000 times slower than the other.
When you see a seasoned computer scientist developing a custom programming language from first principle (not all the easy languages we have now, try writing in C, not C++, but C to have an idea) you will know its not beans

6 Likes

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by LadySwitz: 9:55am On Jan 25, 2020
GOVERNMENTBOY20:
What did you study?

Oh this was you in 2019 Now who's the bigger fool? Your father I guess.

Lmao! Baddest. Kikikiki

I am really following this thread.

But of a truth pls, I won't advise anyone in Nigeria to study ChemEng. I mean no disrespect/harm.

I know someone who dropped out of that course to go study a good course and today thanking God and his ancestors for the wisdom to change the course. His colleagues who were in that same course and were 4/5 pointers are regretting studying that course and envying others who changed to better courses. Selah
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by mikkywebs(m): 9:58am On Jan 25, 2020
Go by what you believe or good at. My candid advice.
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by jesmond3945: 9:58am On Jan 25, 2020
16yearsold:
No one is talking about
Mechatronics
Electrical engineering
Mechanical/computer engineering e. T. C

And these are the future of the world,
Must you study a course all because you want to get a job in Nigeria.
What about creativity?
Passion?
Dreams?
mechatronics has been replaced with AI

2 Likes

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by midnighter(f): 10:02am On Jan 25, 2020
machiavelli95:

Don't say what you don't know. There is difference between being just able to type code and being a well grounded computer scientist. Concepts like abstraction, algorithm optimization to fitt processor capabilities, utilization of vector matrices for object representation, computer architecture cannot be learnt just like that. Why do you think computer science has a lot of mathematics? Do you think "computation" is beans? Even basic algorithms, the fact that your code runs doesn't mean that is the most efficient way to write that code. We can write different code to solve the same problem, both might work, but one will end up generating 10X more cache than the other and being 1000 times slower than the other.
When you see a seasoned computer scientist developing a custom programming language from first principle (not all the easy languages we have now, try writing in C, not C++, but C to have an idea) you will know its not beans

So is all that obtainable in Nigeria?

It seems that all the programming stuff is only taught properly abroad
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by VickieLove(f): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2020
English education

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by gr8cany: 10:09am On Jan 25, 2020
Abusadiq01:
You dey mad ba?

I no blame you, you no see ya name abusa- DICK. You better respect ur blokos
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by jesmond3945: 10:09am On Jan 25, 2020
Slayer10:

Computer science is a good course but not in Nigeria. You will learn nothing. Imagine computer science student them go they teach you elementary math, physics, assembly language. Oracle Java
Out dates scheme of work.
You no go even learn how to code.
Nobody go take you serious after you graduate.
you forget that coding is just implementation of your design. if they dont teach you maths you know nothinh. Do you know that the foundation of machine learning is discrete mathematics? if you know how to manipulate diacrete maths you can design your own patented algorithms and make billions.
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by gr8cany: 10:10am On Jan 25, 2020
bensowe:

You are mad but we are not bordered
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Olavic7(m): 10:13am On Jan 25, 2020
food science and technology, it a self reliance Job. Don't get deceive whichever course u study does determine your success, success is when you are head working not when you are hardworking
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Sheriman(m): 10:13am On Jan 25, 2020
anzaku47:
Go for
*Agricultural Economics and Extension
*Agronomy
*Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
*Animal Science
*Forestry, Wildlife and Ecotourism
In short go for Agricultural related course and thank me later.
Nigeria is not a country to practice all these courses after school
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 25, 2020
noni14:
Nothing sure for naija oh

Olosho sure die...If you really know the course and can practicalize it , you will be millionaire. If you doubt me ask Tonto dike
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by jimakeabi: 10:20am On Jan 25, 2020
YAHOO education
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:24am On Jan 25, 2020
sleey1:
Pls come back to 21st century. Thank you
Lolzzzzzzz
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Wisdommoses(m): 10:24am On Jan 25, 2020
zealz4u:
This is my list and I'm rating these courses base on job opportunity, job security and good pay.

1. Study to become a tech guru, our university don't have a enough to offer in dis field. So get proper training elsewhere.

2. Graphic designer, digital marketing, freelancing, u can sit at home, negotiate ur jobs and make good money without having to carry CVs around

3. Med/surgery. My doctors friend are balling like they own Nigeria. Job isn't isn't really a problem after school.

4. Pharmacy, this course is one the best in Nigeria in terms of job opportunity and good pay

5. Law. Lawyers have prestige and quality job offers if ur good.

6. Engineering. This course u have to choose wisely because it's very broad and u may end up not having the necessary connections after school

7. Accounting, Nursing. Thses courses strictly
based on luck and connections.

8. Above all start a good business or learn a good trade it pays more than going to university.

Meanwhile secondary school education is enough to excel if you hustle wisely.
Thank you sir

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by bonnyhope: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Is it the story telling entrepreneurship??
If u Sabi the story, na wetin you go use am do??

You can put the story into action
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Integrafamoo: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2020
ikorodureporta:
What's the best course to study in today's Nigeria?
Construction related course such as:QS, architecture, building technology etc. Nigeria has collapsed and needs to be constructed. People in these areas can conveniently compete with politicians and 419ers. Just go for a professional course.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by PlaysNigeria: 10:32am On Jan 25, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Computer Science
Sense no dey this wan head at all, you don too watch film abi?
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 25, 2020
machiavelli95:

Sadly, there are no jobs for "mathematically-grounded" computer scientists.

The topic is largely about job availability.
Re: What's The Best Course To Study In Nigeria Today? by Tywo2018: 10:33am On Jan 25, 2020
Have u been to the States before? U see those mentioned are hot in America oo after Medicine and Nursing.
GogobiriLalas:
Cyber security; Counter Insurgency; Security and Crime Prevention...anything along those lines

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"We Spent N20m To Hack Into JAMB Registration Portal" – Suspect / How To Check JAMB 2015 Results / OAU Vs UI, Which Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.