Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? (64230 Views)

Please Help Suggest Very Good Flimsy Excuses To Dump A Very Stingy Boyfriend / Your Encounter With A Stingy Partner? / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by NoraPibowei(f): 11:31am On Apr 02, 2020
Pls break up with him,he's using u,he's similar to my cousin's ex,is that guy fair in complexion?
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by BluntBlunt: 11:32am On Apr 02, 2020
oblaak:

Just look at your mouth. What do you mean by ‘giving him free sex’? Is sex now something people pay for or don’t they both enjoy the sex? I wonder why you ladies attach such importance to sex. What is in it that he should beg for it?

It is men who attach importance to it bro.

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 02, 2020
tabithababy:
Op, I beg you , forget the guy

Or prepare to feed him, his kids, his family and side chicks from your own money

He keeps seeing you as a fo'ool.... Am very sure you are giving him free sex, money, food and even calling him with your money

Loove ooooo
hmmm there is imbalance here
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Princesscutes1(f): 11:33am On Apr 02, 2020
Better leave that guy.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Mozegee: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2020
My sister u better pick race,I am a man,any man who is stingy to the extent of what u wrote here is not a man. He is a kind of man who will not contribute anything when you guys get married.And come to think of it,any guy who do not spend as u guys are still dating, despite that he is working will be a night mere to u when you are married to him
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by babatee90(m): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2020
You need to dump him ASAP...love is putting someone else’s need before yours...and this you’ve done but you don’t get the same from him...he’s not the one for you love...your better off without him pls
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 02, 2020
What if his stinginess is a by-product of circumstances?

What if experience has taught him not to impress women with materials?

What if...

Not everybody understands feelings; some people only act when you make honest demand. It doesn't mean they are not caring - understanding matters.

Not everyone believes in material gifts to strengthen friendship; if you can't find or feel deeper bound, it's better not to venture too deep. I personally don't appreciate materials most especially when it is done to fulfill culture rather than on impulse.

Take note, the moment you begin to feel exploited when people don't reciprocate your assumed generosity is a sign that you aren't capable of giving yet.

People give gifts for different reasons, not necessarily out of love. So, don't be deceived by your generosity or by his stinginess; you may end up being the stingy one trying to appear as if you aren't (I'm just assuming).

It's all about interest which is not the same in individuals.
If you don't like his stingy attitude don't try to cope.
If you want to cope with the hope that he will change someday, you are on your own.

I have no intention of judging in case you detect such in any of my assertions; we all are learning as far as life is concerned.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Gkemz: 11:34am On Apr 02, 2020
The reason most men are being conservative in giving to their girlfriends is due to lack of commitment, satisfaction and infidelity. When a guy suspects that his gf is cheating on him, he develops a cold feet in his love and caring.
Believe me, all things being equal most men want to give to their babes but they need an assurance that their babe is committed to building a lasting relationship with them.

Last but not the least, is value. What value are you adding to yourself and also to your partner. Are you the type that believes that being in relationship is a lucrative venture for a woman whereby the guy pays all the bill while you offer just sex in return. Giving a man sex is not adding value to his life.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by AuroraB(f): 11:35am On Apr 02, 2020
Omar09:

Money. Status of I have a boyfriend. Hoping for marriage. The list could go on. Pls don't ask me to continue. I can't go past three.
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by abodundef: 11:36am On Apr 02, 2020
God demonstrated His love to us by giving us His only priceless Son Jesus Christ. You cannot love without giving but you can give without much love just to fulfil all righteousness.
Hope you guys are in godly relationship devoid of premarital sex. Is he born again? And you, are you?

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by temmyseun321(m): 11:37am On Apr 02, 2020
I'm sure this guy definitely will live his life without iota of sentiments
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by omooba969(m): 11:37am On Apr 02, 2020
Helju:
He is showing his true colour. Marriage will not change him. He will think If you can feed him now, why can't you feed him when you get married.
My sister, waka pass. Don't let him turn you into the "man of the house".

What's wrong with feeding him?
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Millenniumlady(f): 11:37am On Apr 02, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
I intentionally fake stinginess to enable me weed out fake girls with fake love.
95% of girls failed the test but my current babe
passed and she is reaping her rewards bountifully.

I have my rules for spending on her though

1. I only give when it is necessary not when she wants
2. I give to reward her when she does something impressive.

For example, through her efforts, I got a contract that fetched me a huge sum of money and juicy business connections.
I rewarded her by sponsoring her master's program (not by giving her cash).
I'm also an awaiting master student.....Just in case you want to have a plan b you know the deal smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by BlackSwan: 11:38am On Apr 02, 2020
Don't make the mistake of marrying him because he will also display this stinginess in marriage
He isn't testing you, forget what guys here are saying.
Run, run from him because people like him can be stingy to even their children. I made the mistake of marrying one, since we started having kids he has never gone out and come back with biscuit or juice or a small gift for our kids. Not to mention me the wife, that one na mission impossible.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Ozil25: 11:38am On Apr 02, 2020
Do you guys normally talk very well? Have you help him before when he was broke. Relationship is about helping each other not one person around
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by edoboy74(m): 11:38am On Apr 02, 2020
Yungsym:
He's just too stingy, Guys we should 4get abt he's saving money to marry her....I was dating a lady back in Abj but whenever am going visiting I get food stuff and even take her out on a date

I was dating a lady back in Abj but whenever am going visiting I get food stuff and even take her out on a date [/quote]

You killed everything with I WAS.
No tell me how smart are you?
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by adewale6588(m): 11:39am On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=mharyamikeola92 post=86131151][/quote]
your matter tire me iswear.
ijebu people are not stingy anymore... dey do faaji now
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by zexy2030(m): 11:39am On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:
Pls help me move this to front page.

I am a working class lady and I hardly demand things from whosoever I love.

There is this guy that I ave been dating for years now. I don’t know what to call his behavior, whether it is stinginess or the other way round.

I noticed that whenever he comes visiting, he doesn’t bring anything and I get to cook and takecare of him. I was forced to talk 1 day.

The last time he came visiting, he brought bread and other stuffs along which he ended up eating all by himself. I decided not to cook or do anything but I couldn't take it so we went out to buy stuffs. I needed to use POS and I forgot my phone at home. So I begged him to transfer 5k to the lady and that I was going to transfer back to him when we get home. We ended up using the money to get chicken, pepper and other stuffs.

On getting home I demanded for his account details in order to transfer the money back and to my surprise, he gave me and I transferred the money.

My major concern is that this guy has never given me common N10 and he is working. I don’t know if he's worth settling down with cos I fear for my future. Will he be able to give if he has more? This is the guy that is already telling me to come meet his mum cos she wants to see me.

Pls no insults, just advice.
There is nothing so confusing for a woman than dating a stingy broke guy with a good dick.

The fault is from you, u r the one chasing, braze up and have some principles for yourself. It's like u r the last born. Your esteem has been battered that u fear to start a new relationship, he is likely to be a woman beater.
what you need is learn how to manipulate, if a man doesn't invest cash on you, the truth is that he CAN'T marry you, the money is his heart, as ur pussy is ur own heart, he is just using u, u know women would love to marry who fvcks them most.. the real wife is doing youth service right now, u will soon get invitation card.
Anyways let me advice you on what works to change his attitude to giving his money to you:
1. Quietly financially embarrass him where they are other girls, let him pay, promise to refund. Take him out intentionally, like u did for the 5k, to a very large eatery, intentionally forget ur purse, then call uber. Tell him sorry dear I forgot my purse, he should pay, u will refund him, if he says u should go back, come down and tell him, how much is this that u can't pay, come down then don't pick his calls again, be mean, don't pick his call. till he begins to call ur relations to beg you, don't pick his calls.

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by omooba969(m): 11:40am On Apr 02, 2020
BlackSwan:
Don't make the mistake of marrying him because he will also display this stinginess in marriage
He isn't testing you, forget what guys here are saying.
Run, run from him because people like him can be stingy to even their children. I made the mistake of marrying one, since we started having kids he has never gone out and come back with biscuit or juice or a small gift for our kids. Not to mention me the wife, that one na mission impossible.

Have you tried to communicate how you feel to him?

I expect him to listen to you and make amends if he loves you really.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Freelane33(m): 11:40am On Apr 02, 2020
Do you have a bf?
NoraPibowei:
Pls break up with him,he's using u,he's similar to my cousin's ex,is that guy fair in complexion?
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by quinox947: 11:40am On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:

I really don’t lyk going out..But I don’t know how some1 will travel from Lagos to Osun without buying common bread
Don't dump him so fast. I think its just his upbringing. The aspect of the 5k was an agreement you SOLELY made with him to borrow to buy those items mentioned. You borrowed and should pay. Remove all pride and ask him for something he can afford to test him and when he fails, then he is really stingy as speculated. A few percentage of men don't give until you ask.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Ussycool: 11:41am On Apr 02, 2020
Just lika a lady I met some months back. She is Fulani by tribe and my first trial with Fulani girls.
Damn it, this girl is too demanding. Send me recharge cards, buy me data, buy me this and that.
And she too stingy.
I pledge not to mingle with stingy girls again.

1 Like

Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by NaijaPurely: 11:41am On Apr 02, 2020
Have you asked him what he is going through financially. Maybe he is saving for something big. You can never tell.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Freelane33(m): 11:43am On Apr 02, 2020
Husband snatcher grin grin cheesy grin . Queen of the coast
Millenniumlady:
I'm also an awaiting master student.....Just in case she you want to have a plan b you know the deal smiley
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by executive12: 11:44am On Apr 02, 2020
You've been dating him for years I wonder why. He's definitely not a husband material, nor even a friend material. He obviously doesn't have shame. Relationship should be about give and take. Drop him asap.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by omooba969(m): 11:44am On Apr 02, 2020
zexy2030:

There is nothing so confusing for a woman than dating a stingy broke guy with a good dick.

The fault is from you, u r the one chasing, braze up and have some principles for yourself. It's like u r the last born. Your esteem has been battered that u fear to start a new relationship, he is likely to be a woman beater.
what you need is learn how to manipulate, if a man doesn't invest cash on you, the truth is that he CAN'T marry you, the money is his heart, as ur pussy is ur own heart, he is just using u, u know women would love to marry who fvcks them most.. the real wife is doing youth service right now, u will soon get invitation card.
Anyways let me advice you on what works to change his attitude to giving his money to you:
1. Quietly financially embarrass him where they are other girls, let him pay, promise to refund. Take him out intentionally, like u did for the 5k, to a very large eatery, intentionally forget ur purse, then call uber. Tell him sorry dear I forgot my purse, he should pay, u will refund him, if he says u should go back, come down and tell him, how much is this that u can't pay, come down then don't pick his calls again, be mean, don't pick his call. till he begins to call ur relations to beg you, don't pick his calls.

Seems you never jam craze man wey get options ehn...undecided

Yeye dey smell !D
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by edoboy74(m): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2020
ElasticStone:
The guy is really stingy sha! This is one of those things I may have to side with the feminists.

But I will like to hear his own side of the story first before concluding

You sound gay bruv or probably you don’t work for the money you spend.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Ladycewhy(f): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:
Pls get serious
Do you need a prophet to come and tell you the guy is a stingy guy? Dey use your money dey cook for am for your house then still add your toto ontop for am as jara. Na penis dey hungry you.

A shameless akagum who will shamelessly come to your house camp and eat food for free . Will ask your mother to drop money for food when she comes for amugwuo.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by Freelane33(m): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2020
Do you have a bf ?
Princesscutes1:
Better leave that guy.
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by edoboy74(m): 11:48am On Apr 02, 2020
Hmmm
Rocboy112:
Someone like him will never contribute when you marry to him,cause for instance you spent the 5000 naira on the food you both ate,and he still collected back his money,my advice for you is to play safe with him

Girl friend is different from wife bro, chop small sense now, do you know how many guys are paying your girl friend’s bill? The guy probably chose not to be a zombie �‍♀️
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by libertyfather(m): 11:48am On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:

I really don’t lyk going out..But I don’t know how some1 will travel from Lagos to Osun without buying common bread

If this is it, please look else where , theres way we appreciate ladies for not asking anything from us and still she's loving.....There's something called suprise
Re: How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? by opedaydydx9(m): 11:48am On Apr 02, 2020
mharyamikeola92:
Pls help me move this to front page.

I am a working class lady and I hardly demand things from whosoever I love.

There is this guy that I ave been dating for years now. I don’t know what to call his behavior, whether it is stinginess or the other way round.

I noticed that whenever he comes visiting, he doesn’t bring anything and I get to cook and takecare of him. I was forced to talk 1 day.

The last time he came visiting, he brought bread and other stuffs along which he ended up eating all by himself. I decided not to cook or do anything but I couldn't take it so we went out to buy stuffs. I needed to use POS and I forgot my phone at home. So I begged him to transfer 5k to the lady and that I was going to transfer back to him when we get home. We ended up using the money to get chicken, pepper and other stuffs.

On getting home I demanded for his account details in order to transfer the money back and to my surprise, he gave me and I transferred the money.

My major concern is that this guy has never given me common N10 and he is working. I don’t know if he's worth settling down with cos I fear for my future. Will he be able to give if he has more? This is the guy that is already telling me to come meet his mum cos she wants to see me.

Pls no insults, just advice.
does he take you out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

A Lady Going Out On A Date With Another Guy Few Days To Her Wedding / Chidiebere Anusiem & Lover, Amara Ehirim Found Dead In Their Imo Apartment / 10 Shameful Things Ladies Do Because They Want To Be Seen As Big Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.