Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,485 members, 7,770,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:52 AM

Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> - Webmasters (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (32270 Views)

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever / What I Hate About Nigerian Web Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Viper(m): 11:53am On Feb 28, 2006
I must say those sites you posted,kris, are actually classics i loved the cocacola own and the 2advanced, really advanced.

@tommy good job man
did u also do the design of those sites?
let me know.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by whitesoftx(m): 11:56am On Feb 28, 2006
Nice job bro. Keep it up, but 1 advice! flash site being loading slow scare off surfers! you look nice using php, why not that as inviting homepage and all other pages with little or no effect! guy, once again Good Job
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by tommyruns(m): 12:01pm On Feb 28, 2006
I did all the designs myself dude. and thanx for ur comment.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by tommyruns(m): 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2006
I did the hole designs myself. am a freelancer. thanx man
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Viper(m): 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2006
tommy i have ur number i will buzz u if anything comes up

goodwork
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2006
Nice work Tommy, keep it up bro! These are the type of stuffs i love to see from nigerians. But do you know that the link to your site is currently not working, well at least the two times i clicked on it.

I don't know about on a non broadband connection, but they load pretty fast on my machine.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joanny34(m): 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2006
Hello,
  Timmy,kris and Oasis,i think its time for you to forget this mud slinging and look at the issues objectively,i`ve been to your sites and i discovered that while you are good at one point you are not too good at other points.
  Web designing/development goes beyond what a man can say well i`ve arrived,even google and yahoo sites you sited dont display well with certain brosers and at certain speeds!!.
Instead of all these self proclamation lets see whats good in all of you and combine it,iam sure Nigeria will be better off,when you Timmy/Oasis combine your php with Kris`s design skills to come up with something every Nigerian can call Ours.

Akinlade T A
www.creativeminds-media.com
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2006
What chris's designs?

If you want to succeed on the web, you must step away from graphics-laden/flash sites. They do not do well in the search engines. I've repeated this point time and again, but nobody seems to understand what that really means.

The primary objective of most websites is to attract visitors. But how do you attract visitors? By designing websites that load quickly, are search-engine friendly, and has content. Anybody who tells you otherwise is a newbie on the web. Having an eyecandy that is slow to load will not win you repeat visitors, period.

Always remember the popular maxim KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid).
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2006
joanny34:

Hello,
Timmy,kris and Oasis,i think its time for you to forget this mud slinging and look at the issues objectively,i`ve been to your sites and i discovered that while you are good at one point you are not too good at other points.
Web designing/development goes beyond what a man can say well i`ve arrived,even google and yahoo sites you sited don't display well with certain brosers and at certain speeds!!.
Instead of all these self proclamation lets see whats good in all of you and combine it,iam sure Nigeria will be better off,when you Timmy/Oasis combine your php with Kris`s design skills to come up with something every Nigerian can call Ours.

Akinlade T A
www.creativeminds-media.com

So things has been quite for a while but joanny34 added petrol and fire, and now oasis started again.
oasis:

What chris's designs?

If you want to succeed on the web, you must step away from graphics-laden/flash sites. They do not do well in the search engines. I've repeated this point time and again, but nobody seems to understand what that really means.

The primary objective of most websites is to attract visitors. But how do you attract visitors? By designing websites that load quickly, are search-engine friendly, and has content. Anybody who tells you otherwise is a newbie on the web. Having an eyecandy that is slow to load will not win you repeat visitors, period.

Always remember the popular maxim KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

Taking shots at me. Oasis talks as if his most visited site can compete with some of the nicely designed sites online.

You can try it yourself and go to www.alexa.com and check for the rating of www.oasisoflove.com and later check for www.tokyoplastic.com and see who has more hits. And you know what, www.tokyoplastic.com takes a lot of time to load if you are not using broadband. But some of us just prefer to view and link to sites like tokyoplastic than oasisoflove. So my brother it has a lot to do with target audience.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 2:57pm On Mar 03, 2006
@Tommy, man, i had seen that saad site before and really man, i was impressed by the site (as a matter of honesty, i was scated too) cos man you really made ma adjust my seat, grin

But man, your flash designes are awesome, pretty cool, i "fit" call you sha, cos you have it like i love it, and just incase you need to know, you appear the better designer than that foul mouthed kris wink, trust my judgments, its genuine

anyways if you get a call from a Timmy, just guess its me, okay,
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 2:59pm On Mar 03, 2006
for got to mention (your designes are kinda similar to mine, i wonder why, could it be the name thingy *Timmy/Tommy*
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 3:42pm On Mar 03, 2006
@Tommy, what a lucky boy you are, you found yourself Timmy to hang with. Trust Timmy is a really good guy, he'll do anything you ask him to do as long as he can be your friend! grin
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 3:44pm On Mar 03, 2006
Hey Timmy can we see those your designs that look like those of Tommyruns?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Farriel(m): 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2006
Tommy, your designs are remarkable. I reckon you're a master designer. Your Eedris stint is the tightest site any Nigerian entertainer can boast of.

Timmy, wetin you wan hook up with am for? Na for mergers abi na to pick im brains, extract all the Flash and PS skills wey im get?  tongue
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 4:04pm On Mar 03, 2006
Farriel:

Tommy, your designs are remarkable. I reckon you're a master designs. Your Eedris stint is the tightest sight any Nigerian entertainer can boast of.

Timmy, wetin you wan hook up with am for? Na for mergers abi na to pick im brains, extract all the Flash and PS skills wey im get? tongue

Farriel, i beg take am easy, you know the truth hurts, make you no finish off Timmy yet. But Farriel i feel what you are saying, it's always those that can't hold their own that always want to hook up with others sharp sharp. There's nothing bad in hooking up, but give it some time at least and make sure you have something you are bringing to the table.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 1:22am On Mar 04, 2006
Taking shots at me. Oasis talks as if his most visited site can compete with some of the nicely designed sites online. 

You can try it yourself and go to www.alexa.com and check for the rating of www.oasisoflove.com and later check for www.tokyoplastic.com and see who has more hits.  And you know what, www.tokyoplastic.com takes a lot of time to load if you are not using broadband. But some of us just prefer to view and link to sites like tokyoplastic than oasisoflove. So my brother it has a lot to do with target audience.

I knew the truth would hurt you.  But it had to be told nevertheless.

It's dumb to compare tokyoplastic to oasisoflove in terms of alexa rating.  That is comparing apples and oranges.  Here's why:

1. oasisoflove was officially launched barely 6 months ago.  Tokyoplastic has been around since 2002.  Of course older sites have higher ratings.  Give me 4 years, and I bet I'd leave tokyoplastic in the dust.

2. Tokyoplastic most likely was the first of its kind.  Hence, it needed no marketing when it first launched.  People voluntarily linked to it at the time.  The same site today most likely won't fare as well.  oasisoflove on the other hand is in a jungle of thousands of other dating sites.  Hence all marketing strategies must be employed to gain visitors.  I hope you're taking notes, rookie.

3. Alexa rating is based on people who have the alexa browser toolbar installed.  As you know, alexa toolbar is considered spyware, meaning only dummies actually use it.  Therefore, alexa rating doesn't count on the web.  What does count is google rating.

Oasisoflove.com has a rating of 3/10 on google.  Remarkable for a 6 month old site that is facing fierce competition.
Tokyoplastic with hardly any competitors is rated 6/10.  It could do much better without the flash design, since search engines cannot read flash.

I could go on and on.

So, rather than carry on like a raving lunatic, listen to what seasoned web pros are saying to you about web marketing, as it relates to design.  It's not about bloated graphics and macromedia flash.

christopherkalu.com - 0/10 rating on google.  Been around since aug 2005.
sexynaija.com - 0/10 rating. Created april 2005 (older than oasisoflove).

Do you get the point, or do you want more schooling?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2006
First thing on my firefox browser here and other computers i've check www.christopherklau.com gets 3/10 on google rating. And you know what? On my firefox oasisoflove currently has 0/10, though i've seen a different rating in the past, so how much can you also count on the google pagerank, and yes i do know that alexa ranking is based on visits you get from people using alexa toolbar, but it still gives an indication. It's www.sexynaija.com that i know that still rates 0/10, but some how we are on google's first page if you search for "naija dating", while "oasis of love" doesn't even show your page in the first page. If i were to do all those hustle you do, with all those self review you post for yourself on other sites www.sexynaija.com would be rating a lot higher.

Ok this is what i got from godaddy

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: OASISOFLOVE.COM
Created on: 27-Jun-03
Expires on: 27-Jun-08
Last Updated on: 06-Sep-05

So from that i can say oasisoflove has been on since 2003, which exactly what you said about www.christopherkalu.com and www.sexynaija.com. You forgot that name registration is one of the first thing done, while launching of a site is done a lot later.

Here are well designed sites that are not more than 1 year old that rank the same or better than oasisoflove:
http://www.marazdesign.com
http://www.websitedesignawards.com/flash.html
http://www.mondayz.com/

and the list goes on.

Another thing you try to make it look like it's all about years of existence, but www.milliondollarhomepage.com was just created on on 23-Aug-05. It currently ranks 7/10 on google pagerank. And that site is not a fast loading one neither.

But i now know it's pointless talking with you over this, since you have no clue about the impact of design, so you just eliminate it and think that all your SEO hustle will do all the work.

The thing is that i know that search engine friendly sites have better chances of rating higher, but you are totally wrong to think that it cannot be combined with nice designs.

And none of the top 100 most visited site has crappy designs, and when i say design it's not only about graphics but position of things, sizes and color combination.

Seasoned web pro? Well, you don't sound like one. You'd rate higher than 3/10 if your site was visually well designed and attractive.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2006
First thing on my firefox browser here and other computers i've check www.christopherkalu.com gets 3/10 on google rating.

C'mon stop lying.  How can a site that only has 19 inbound links have a PR of 3?  If you want to know how I know that fact, ask me.

And you know what? On my firefox oasisoflove currently has 0/10, though i've seen a different rating in the past, so how much can you also count on the google pagerank,

Yes, google may be in flux when you checked.  But my point about google rating is that it carries more weight than your alexa, since google has a much higher market share than all the other search engines combined.

and yes i do know that alexa ranking is based on visits you get from people using alexa toolbar, but it still gives an indication.

The four main search engines that matter are google, yahoo, msn, and dmoz.  All the others are bullshit.

It's www.sexynaija.com that i know that still rates 0/10, but some how we are on google's first page if you search for "naija dating", while "oasis of love" doesn't even show your page in the first page.

Correct.  oasisoflove.com is not selling naija.  It's selling other keywords/keyphrases.  Nigeria dating is a niche market with no competition.  oasisoflove is facing global competition with thousands of sites vying for the same keywords that I'm chasing.   So if your argument were to be valid, then Match, yahoo personals, true, etc should also show up for "naija dating".  But they don't.  Kabbish?

I know you don't want to concede that you're wrong.  But c'mon buddy, you're getting really ridiculous in your desperation to prove something that doesn't exist.

If i were to do all those hustle you do, with all those self review you post for yourself on other sites www.sexynaija.com would be rating a lot higher.

Yes, you need to.  Otherwise, you're just a kid playing with a toy in the online world.  That is how online marketing is done. 

Ok this is what i got from godaddy

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: OASISOFLOVE.COM
Created on: 27-Jun-03
Expires on: 27-Jun-08
Last Updated on: 06-Sep-05

So from that i can say oasisoflove has been on since 2003, which exactly what you said about www.christopherkalu.com and www.sexynaija.com. You forgot that name registration is one of the first thing done, while launching of a site is done a lot later.

Yes, name was registered in 03.  But it wasn't launched until last year.  I wrote evey bit of my own code, including the chat system, unlike you that purchased an off the shelf solution.  So, to reiterate, oasisoflove is only 6 months old.  How old are your sites that have 0/10 PR?

Here are well designed sites that are not more than 1 year old that rank the same or better than oasisoflove:
http://www.marazdesign.com
http://www.websitedesignawards.com/flash.html
http://www.mondayz.com/

and the list goes on.

You're missing the point.  It all depends on the competition they're facing in their various markets.  You need to give me dating sites designed in flash, or heavily graphics-laden.  That would be a true measure of what we're talking about.

Another thing you try to make it look like it's all about years of existence, but www.milliondollarhomepage.com was just created on on 23-Aug-05. It currently ranks 7/10 on google pagerank. And that site is not a fast loading one neither.

That was a new concept.  People always voluntarily flock to new concepts, just as I explained in my last post regarding tokyoplastic.  Go back and read that post more thoroughly, rather than in anger.  Other milliondollarhomepages won't do as well now.

But i now know it's pointless talking with you over this, since you have no clue about the impact of design, so you just eliminate it and think that all your SEO hustle will do all the work.

The thing is that i know that search engine friendly sites have better chances of rating higher, but you are totally wrong to think that it cannot be combined with nice designs.

Yes, optimize your site for the search engines, or die.  Unless you have millions of $$ to spend on advertising.

And none of the top 100 most visited site has crappy designs, and when i say design it's not only about graphics but position of things, sizes and color combination.

Seasoned web pro? Well, you don't sound like one. You'd rate higher than 3/10 if your site was visually well designed and attractive.

I must be doing something right if I'm getting paid top salary in web programming. I'm a seasoned pro because I've coded the following from scratch: dating site, real estate site, jobsearch site, accounting package, video distribution system, etc.

Anybody can grab a template like you do and modify it.  But that won't do you much good with the search engines.  You have to understand SE0.  One example I've given in the past is plentyoffish.com.  5th largest dating site, but look at the design.  It's top 5 because of aggressive seo.  Show me the flash on that site.  Show me the heavy graphics on it.  Let me hear your argument about that.

In a highly competitive market like "global online dating", the web is about the search engines.  Adapt, or stay at the bottom of the barrel where you currently are.  Period.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Seun(m): 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2006
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 5:31pm On Mar 04, 2006
Well it's you who is reading and replying in anger from your text i can tell. Like saying stuffs like i grab templates and modify for use.
How can a dope graphic designer like myself do that? I'm too creative to do stuffs like that. And that's why i bring nigeria dope looking sites like http://karrygo.com/oldindex.html. Take a look at www.cards.sexynaija.com to see more of my designs, and then search around the net and see if you will find the template i used.

Like i said before i should not be talking to you on any of these, since you have no clue about design and it's impact. Why would i lie about my pagerank? If i would lie then i'd lie about www.sexynaija.com

I feel good hearing that you think that i bought the codes to my site, in a while you just told me that they are so good.

When you learn to design and come to realize that you can combine the two.

And if you realize i try not to take shots at you and your work, but that's what you do to me. But i can take it all, those are stuffs i've learnt to handle while in high school and same thing that made me one of the best yabbing guy in my school. But i'd try not to go that far on this one.

And i know that no matter what is said, you'd still think you are so right. So it's pointless talking to you about it.

@Seun, thanks for checking it out. I think the google thing has cache problems, like i saw myabe 6/10 for oasisoflove in the past but currently i see 0/10 and that's how i realize it's not always dependable.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2006
@kris, you one sik as$ dude, abeg i no get time to follow you yarn, wait till i get to work on monday. i go give you your reply

he dey pain you sey you see man wey beat your deisgn skills flawlessly cheesy cheesy

Tommy man, iild be calling you this weekemd jare, we get talk

:@Kris tongue

@Farriel, if i catch you {yeye boy}
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 10:21pm On Mar 04, 2006
Yeah Timmy i'm so sick aids is scared to catch me! You dey wait to get to work where you use your boss internet connection to write trash on forums! And why e dey take you so long to call Tommyruns, i guess you never see credit borrow to call.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joftech(m): 2:54am On Mar 05, 2006
so una never leave all these rubish talks.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 9:33am On Mar 05, 2006
And i know that no matter what is said, you'd still think you are so right. So it's pointless talking to you about it.

Yep, take it or leave it, the web is about the search engines.  Period.  You did not dispute the examples I gave you, even though I debunked every little comment you made.  That attests to the validity of my statements. 

A case in point is nairaland.com.  While the design has no flash, no graphics, nothing at all, it has good ratings in the search engines.  Do you know why?  I know why.  Content is king.  Not slow-loading flash/graphics.    Any SEO person would tell you flash is a ratings killer, because the search engines cannot read flash.

So keep beating the drum of your bloated pages, and your framed pages.  One day, you'd thank me for being so hard on you.

Once more, optimize your site or die.  I've seen them come and go.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 9:45am On Mar 05, 2006
http://www.christopherkalu.com/ has a PR of 3.

I'll let you know when I see it. Currently, I see 0/10.

It's highly doubtful that a site with high graphics to text ratio, without inbound links, and never updates can have a PR3. Besides, Seun is not somebody I'd exactly call credible in my books, based on past utterances/actions. But, everybody is entitled to own opinion. I carefully analyse everything I see, read or hear, and therefore not easily fooled.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 11:10am On Mar 05, 2006
I did not dispute what you wrote 'cause i realized that there's no point in doing that with you. For example plentyoffish.com does not have all that crapy design as compared to oasisoflove.

You talk about selling other keyword, so what keyword would a person think of to be able to find your site? All the ones i tried didn't show oasisoflove any where close to the first few pages.

About flash community site check out:

http://www.habbohotel.com/
http://www.there.com/index.html
http://www.fusion-city.com/
http://www.mokitown.com/mokitown_prehome/home_en.jsp
http://www.jabbatown.com/

Of course you'd say but those are of their kinds and so they don't have fierce competitions, but that's what flash is all about. They are mearnt to add something to it, and not just produce the same thing you do with HTML.

oasis:

A case in point is nairaland.com. While the design has no flash, no graphics, nothing at all, it has good ratings in the search engines. Do you know why? I know why. Content is king. Not slow-loading flash/graphics. Any SEO person would tell you flash is a ratings killer, because the search engines cannot read flash.

So keep beating the drum of your bloated pages, and your framed pages. One day, you'd thank me for being so hard on you.

Once more, optimize your site or die. I've seen them come and go.

Your text right there really shows that you have no clue when it comes to graphic design, and i don't even want to talk to you about this topic no more. Who ever is reading this should take note of what he just said and what i will point out.

Talking about Nairaland.com, he said the design has no flash, no graphics, nothing at all. Well i guess you don't know what graphics and design is. If you notice the color combination, the placement of objects, the 1 pixel border and their colors, and you have the smilies and you still say there are no graphics! You see the well designed buttons, but you over look them.
Even on your site you have graphics there, well just incase you don't know.

You are talking about content is king as if you are the only one that know that. We've all read about articles over that. But what you don't know is that there are more than just one type of content.

Well you need to remember that slow-loading flash/graphics is something of the past people in developed country. The only thing bad about a slow-loading site these days is if the site is wack. But if it has great content, like dope animations then we will wait for it to load and enjoy ourselves, and many people will end up linking to them.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 3:50pm On Mar 05, 2006
I did not dispute what you wrote 'cause i realized that there's no point in doing that with you. For example plentyoffish.com does not have all that crapy design as compared to oasisoflove.

You have no choice than to finish what you started.  If you think I'm just going to let you off the hook, you've got another thing coming.
As for your comments about plentyoffish, come back when you're ready to be ojective.

You talk about selling other keyword, so what keyword would a person think of to be able to find your site? All the ones i tried didn't show oasisoflove any where close to the first few pages.

Exactly.  You won't find it under "online dating", :free dating, etc, because the competition is extremely strong, and I've only been around 6 months in a sea of veteran sites.  You either don't understand my point about this, or you're simply grasping at straws. 

About flash community site check out:

http://www.habbohotel.com/
http://www.there.com/index.html
http://www.fusion-city.com/
http://www.mokitown.com/mokitown_prehome/home_en.jsp
http://www.jabbatown.com/

Of course you'd say but those are of their kinds and so they don't have fierce competitions, but that's what flash is all about. They are mearnt to add something to it, and not just produce the same thing you do with HTML.

I'm glad you knew what I'd say.
Once again, give me a dating site, with flash/heavy graphics, then we'd talk.
I don't need any more flash sites, I can find them myself.

Your text right there really shows that you have no clue when it comes to graphic design, and i don't even want to talk to you about this topic no more. Who ever is reading this should take note of what he just said and what i will point out.

You will talk about it.

Talking about Nairaland.com, he said the design has no flash, no graphics, nothing at all. Well i guess you don't know what graphics and design is. If you notice the color combination, the placement of objects, the 1 pixel border and their colors, and you have the smilies and you still say there are no graphics! You see the well designed buttons, but you over look them.
Even on your site you have graphics there, well just incase you don't know.

Correct, those graphics are there that you mentioned.  But I still don't see the flash/heavy graphics.  I thought the discussion was about that?  Funny you should mention 1px border in a discussion like this.  My main logo is 8k.  Compare that to yours that is 113k.  I rest my case.

You are talking about content is king as if you are the only one that know that. We've all read about articles over that. But what you don't know is that there are more than just one type of content.

Content is all there is as far as the search engines are concerned.  A point I've made a dozen times now.

Well you need to remember that slow-loading flash/graphics is something of the past people in developed country. The only thing bad about a slow-loading site these days is if the site is wack. But if it has great content, like dope animations then we will wait for it to load and enjoy ourselves, and many people will end up linking to them.

I agree to a degree. 
However, in a tough market, where a site faces major competition, you've got to always make your site search engine friendly.  No buts or ifs about it.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 5:24pm On Mar 05, 2006
oasis:

Correct, those graphics are there that you mentioned. But I still don't see the flash/heavy graphics. I thought the discussion was about that? Funny you should mention 1px border in a discussion like this. My main logo is 8k. Compare that to yours that is 113k. I rest my case.

Your logo is 8k, www.sexynaija.com logo is less than 6k. It's funny how you take a picture on my site to be my logo just to make you look good, and that's why i don't want to talk to you about it.

Do you see me using flash for a dating site? Good designers use the right tool for the right job.

Yes you have to make your site search engine friendly, and nice looking too. When i talked about 1 pixel border, i was not talking about the size of it, but it's aesthetic role in the design.

The same people that teach you that content is king, probably told you also that finding a niche is one of the best things to do.
And that's why sexynaija focuses on Nigeria, and soon with our professional looking graphics we will take over Nigeria!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 8:15am On Mar 06, 2006
Try xtopherkalu.com and the 113k monster. When it's convenient, you sure know how to dodge facts. They don't make you look good, because everybody can see beneath the surface.

I agree about being in a niche market. But how many niche markets are there in dating? And what good is a crowded niche market? Some of us have to brave it and go all out.

I hope you do take over Nigeria. Lofty goal as it may, seeing that your site is featureless, but Nigerians probably don't expect much, since you don't have 419'ers to contend with. 419ers love foreign hosts, not other Nigerians at home. Also Russians and Bulgarians don't have a use for your site, since they can't perpetrate their scams there. Huh, it looks like you've got it made in the shade, running a dating site without all the obligations in the real world. That's why you don't appreciate the efforts of some of us who have to work hard.

Next time you talk about images, we don't need to hear about 1px images. The discussion is about heavy graphics/flash. The tactic is that if you can muddle the waters and obfuscate the issues enough, then it'd become pointless dragging the discussion further. But you're wrong, I'll always be here to straigten you out, and keep you on the straight and narrow.

Go ahead and concoct some more of your lies and misleading info. I'll be here waiting.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 9:51am On Mar 06, 2006
kris:

Yeah Timmy i'm so sick aids is scared to catch me! You dey wait to get to work where you use your boss internet connection to write trash on forums! And why e dey take you so long to call Tommyruns, i guess you never see credit borrow to call.
Obviously you are wan of those little kids i need to learn how to ignore, as dumb as you are you forgot im self employed and my own boss tongue, as regards calling tommy, dick head you, im sure it hurts you to know that there are web guys dat dusts yur immature talents after all, wich ever way my skills hurt you, im so sorry all i can wish you is to get better, and improve on those sliced posters you call webpages, you had better stay up with your print designes and leave webs for great skills like those of Tommy, as for me, i acknowledge any great skills i see, and over look upcoming guys like you,

Ive grown up, in days to ignor kids who dont have respect for elders and choose not too.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 8:40pm On Mar 06, 2006
@oasis, well since you've resulted to dissin this is the last reply i will give you, after this i will just ignor whatever you say.
While there are lots of shit i could write about you and your work, but i will not go that route.

So do you and i'll do me.

@timmy, if you can't take shit don't say shit. You are so wack that you use someone else's work as a crutch. Like a coward you tried to get Tommyruns against me, but he's not stupid to listen to you.
Talking about respecting your Elders shows how backward you are, you still leave in a world where the elders are right even though they talk and do shit like you. And just like oasis you are on my shit list and i wont reply whatever trash ya'll write again.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 11:05pm On Mar 06, 2006
And just like oasis you are on my rubbish list and i wont reply whatever trash ya'll write again.

You' must have thick skin to duel with people who are more knowledgeable more than you. You tried your level best to turn this discussion into a mudslinging, in your childish manauever, but I know all those tricks. I also know the trick of a coward who's been beaten to a pulp, who rather than concede, would always say something like you are on my rubbish list and i wont reply whatever trash ya'll write again.

Bottomline, is this:

If you want to successfully market a website in an aggressively competitive environment:

1. Stay off the flash. Search engines can't read flash. The more ascii text the better.

2. Watch the heavy graphics, like the monster on christopherkalu.com. That is a no no.

3. Don't use frames, like the poor design on christopherkalu.com. Search engines can't read inside frames.

If you're serious about web work, show it in your coding. You can put out any junk that you consider attractive, but as long as it's not search engine friendly, you're gonna be dubbed a rookie.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

List Of Top Search Engines In The World / Dominic Barcity Acquires Two Cars, To Open Multi Million Naira Newspaper Firm / Cheap And Reliable Web Hosting Re-seller Account For Web Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.