Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:00 AM

Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> - Webmasters (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (32269 Views)

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever / What I Hate About Nigerian Web Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joftech(m): 5:34am On Mar 08, 2006
Am sorry to come up on issues like this again but i have got to,

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joftech(m): 5:38am On Mar 08, 2006
My Observations.

Or is this the case of the identical twins . wink wink

[size=4pt]Hope yall gat da flow.[/size]

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Farriel(m): 12:58pm On Mar 08, 2006
shocked Oops, lipsrsealed
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by whitesoftx(m): 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2006
Too bad embarassed

Please lets try to come up with our own thing! Be yourself! at least if you find something interesting, there are ways to modify it, not just put it down the same way you find it! come up with our own thing!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by africanboy(m): 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2006
ouch!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2006
whitesoftx:

Too bad embarassed

Please lets try to come up with our own thing! Be yourself! at least if you find something interesting, there are ways to modify it, not just put it down the same way you find it! come up with our own thing!

@whitesoftx, have you thought of it being his client who said staright up i want exactly like this. Clients are like that some times especially if they've seen sites they really like. But then you still need to have the skills to copy and still make it look good.

Take a look at this link to read on something similar to this topic: http://www.sitepoint.com/article/copy-great-designers-steal
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by africanboy(m): 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2006
top ten nigeria web designers - really what this topic needs is a contest, all the designers trying to show off their skills should be given a competition where some standards are set.

pick your category and submit your work, of course original, no client is asking you to copy here. each submission should be acocmpanied with reasons for technologies used - no server side - pure design. let nairalanders rate your work based on the rules given to you

reason? if a clients asks you to copy someone else's site, no matter how beautiful it may be it does not reflect your creativity, it only shows you can copy. comparng a CSS only site with a Flash site makes no sense. they are meant to give different opinions.

big up guys,
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Farriel(m): 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2006
Sort of hypothesizing there, africanboy. Your comments are just hypothetical, even though you made a relatively good suggestion.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 7:05pm On Mar 08, 2006
My Observations.

Or is this the case of the identical twins .

What you're seeing is the downfall of purchasing templates, and designing websites from them.

Originality is scant among web technicians these days, even moreso among web programmers.  Most of these guys simply grab other people's code, add some custom verbiage, and call it their work.  It's pitiful indeed.

Learning to do your own thing requires very hard work, but the reward is everlasting.  Learn to build a solid foundation for yourself in anything you're involved in.  Don't give in to the temptation to quit in midstream.  When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. If you can walk that thorny road and make it to the other side, suddenly you'd be among the 1% that knows what they're doing in that field.  I've been there, done that.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2006
TOMMY MAN cry, so that was it,
anyways all the same sha, you still good, at least to have dubed that like like that and still mainataind the quality you got, Guess i dont need to call you again then tongue
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by skima(m): 10:58am On Mar 09, 2006
its simply 99.9999% same. but i think the site used to be different from this ,
@timmy. is ur designs still look alike?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 11:07am On Mar 09, 2006
4Q, grin
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by skima(m): 11:12am On Mar 09, 2006
Timmy, wai 4Q now. i offend u?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joftech(m): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2006
TOMMY MAN Cry, so that was it,
anyways all the same sha, you still good, at least to have dubed that like like that and still mainataind the quality you got, Guess i don't need to call you again then Tongue

So you are like this, remember "Igba iponju lan ma ore"

I no know why your works looks alike, they are all molded in the same pot. wink wink
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by skima(m): 11:20am On Mar 09, 2006
anyway: one need to be creative and be natural as much as possible,  no matter ao bad your work is,  as long as its your personal creativity ICJ can't judge you.

one i thing i also want use to note is ,  no matter ao your client parsuade u to copy someone's design u should try as much as possible to convince them,  let them no about interllectual property and copyright.

just lets think of what just happened on this thread. someone went up and now is back down  shocked ,  the boy who wanted to call don't want to call no more.

well Godspeed to every one. grin cheesy
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 11:58am On Mar 09, 2006
Thats life for us men, "HERE TODAY, GONE TOMOROW", thats just the wa it is, well tell me why i need to call him when i can see clearly he gets his inspiration for pre inspired ppl, well, so he aint really that unique talent i desire in my empire, but i still acknowldge his skills courage and extra efforts. Even with (gess i forgot what i wanted to type undecided)
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joftech(m): 12:23pm On Mar 09, 2006
You all should respect the PROPHET.

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers
« #3 on: January 23, 2006, 11:30 AM »

I take it that you are not dissin me with that last post of yours, are you?

For the record i started the thread that talked about "The worst Nigerian site" here on Nairaland.

What i only know is that good and bad designers can co-exist in the market, it's only left for clients to determine the bargain they want to get with their money.

Am sure in no time some people will flood this thread flexing their design prowess , thanks to templates.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2006
templating is allowed
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Farriel(m): 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2006
Really?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by whitesoftx(m): 2:04pm On Mar 09, 2006
Really Really grin
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by africanboy(m): 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2006
Farriel:

Sort of hypothesizing there, africanboy. Your comments are just hypothetical, even though you made a relatively good suggestion.

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/5k/
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 7:20pm On Mar 09, 2006
Make una give the boy chance to defend himself o, before una throw tire for him neck!
But that's surely not a template though, he created his from the ground up. He still has skills, and like i said before not anybody can design that site, though i'm not in support designing exact.

Tommyruns, keep up the good work.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joftech(m): 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2006
templating is allowed

So is anyone ready to sell me the template for the USA nation. At least our people will not need to start from scratch.

Am ready to pay.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 8:28pm On Mar 09, 2006
Make una give the boy chance to defend himself o, before una throw tire for him neck!
But that's surely not a template though, he created his from the ground up. He still has skills, and like i said before not anybody can design that site, though i'm not in support designing exact.

Tommyruns, keep up the good work.

Birds of the same feather,
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oba1: 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2006
I know of a web design firm in nigeria that is poised to serve us well,presently they have the cheapest hosting plan,webdesign charges, multimedia, print etc.they can even help you get good domain names for your company.their name speaks for them. www.sitepotter.com smiley
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Farriel(m): 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2006
And what has this web design firm in nigeria that is poised to serve us well, got to do with the issue currently being discussed, Oba 1?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by africanboy(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2006
move the guy to adverts! NOW!

*pouting furiously*
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2006
oba1:

I know of a web design firm in nigeria that is poised to serve us well,presently they have the cheapest hosting plan,webdesign charges, multimedia, print etc.they can even help you get good domain names for your company.their name speaks for them. www.sitepotter.com smiley

I think oba1 is advert potter!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joftech(m): 7:10pm On Mar 10, 2006
Even that Sitepotter na bunch of yeye template defacers be their CEO and Chief Art Officer .
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by africanboy(m): 12:40am On Mar 11, 2006
all hail the prophet -
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Farriel(m): 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2006
No be small template defacers them be, na big ones. Make you even see examples of their work, particularly this one about some Youth Refinement programme in Benue State. You'd wonder if Benue people have suddenly turned white, or it's a Benue state in the U S of A. Link is http://www.youthrefined.org/

And this cleaning company http://www.cleanwellcleaning.co.uk/

And africanboy, na who be prophet again now?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2006
Hey Farriel, i think their idea of giving the youth a future is turning them white.
Farriel, you need to read well to recognize the prophet among us, and don't make the mistake of drawing his face anywhere, for there will be trouble.

Man, that their website makes me laugh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

List Of Top Search Engines In The World / Dominic Barcity Acquires Two Cars, To Open Multi Million Naira Newspaper Firm / Cheap And Reliable Web Hosting Re-seller Account For Web Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.