Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,106 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

$4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs (58341 Views)

Government Money Wrongly Sent To An Individual Account. Advise? / Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / My Senior Brother Has Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Mouthgag: 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
He his a citizen of that country nd he can't use western union cause he has no domincilary account nd besides he wanted to deliver goods to me so used d opportunity to stash the cash in there
Liar!

4 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Foodqueen(f): 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
Op, your brother didn't send u any money.

You've been scammed.

5 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by ostechno(m): 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.
Bro, I'm sure your money would have been distributed among them,
And wait, what happened to Western Union, we have platforms like world remitt, transfer wise, Skrill, you could have used one of these platforms to receive money with no problem

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by philip0906(m): 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2020
J111333:
I have sent $3k to my cousin for a project when I bought him some books he needed in school and yes, I hid them inside the books. 100 dollar bills in each page but that was about 3 yrs ago and they got to him alright so say things with facts.
Doesn't invalidate the fact that ONLY criminals, send such amount of money via courier.

You hid $3,000 (~N1.2 million) in books...lol

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by jaxxy(m): 9:58pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out.

Hold up, have u paid this money already? And to which account did u pay it? Like people have said it’s 90% tending to be a scam. Nobody asks for such payments once ur goods arrives via fedex.

U definitely have no broda anywhere bro. Come clean already. This is elementary scam 101.

6 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Fixed: 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
He his a citizen of that country nd he can't use western union cause he has no domincilary account nd besides he wanted to deliver goods to me so used d opportunity to stash the cash in there

My take:

1. You don't have a brother abroad as you want to make us believe. You know its a lie else you would have easily mentioned the country instead of saying
abiolap89:
He his a citizen of that country

2. The term "domiciliary account" was invented in Nigeria. This I can tell you authoritatively. If this your brother truly exists, he never told you of any Dom account or lack of it. You don't need to open a special domiciliary account to send foreign currency to Nigeria or anywhere because that is already their own currency.

3. You knew the 'money' was never meant for you because that brother only exists in this your story and the scammers' plan but you fell for it because of greed. If it were to be true you would have collected money that did not belong to you.

4. Prove me wrong.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by kutashi: 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:

Stupidity of highest order! Even if he doesn't have 'dom' account, he can still send you the money through bank! A friend sent me money in borrowed in pounds in UK to me here in Nigeria and he doesn't have dom account! Filling in the gap! Your story is incomplete!

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by AnimationsVilla: 10:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:

Let me tell you the blunt truth. Your brother didn't send anything. 419 guys arranged that call and made you think it was your brother.

They will continue collecting your money until your eyes clear. We don jam them before. Shine your eyes.

Go and call your brother's real line and he will tell you he didn't send anything angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by philip0906(m): 10:02pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
Chai...Osaromen don run you local.

Them don dey flex your money for bypass on top nkwobi and hero beer.

Doh!

4 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Kuvuki7788: 10:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
You are a lair...I know this scam too well, not your brother. Just say the truth. All percel arrive at Lagos first. If you are given a claim code to claim this percel then it is the work of scammers. Yoruba proverb says eni wa'fa ohun was ofo.

3 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by ello29(m): 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
I'm surprised to hear this...I think in some countries it is an offence and not ideal to send money as parcel instead of using the bank western union or money gram.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by zoghys: 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
[quote author=abiolap89 post=86180954] My brother sent me a parcel from abroad using FedEx freight shipment in the parcel he stashed $4800 in it when the parcel arrived at Nigeria at there headquarters in abuja I was asked to pay custom fee which was N17750 and home delivery N15750 after that I was mailed that after unboxing and reboxing for clearance money was found and it placed on ban and I can't go to abuja to claim it because am in Lagos please what should I do. Who are the neccesary agency I can talk to. Nairalander please help me out. [/quote

If you love your liberty, please don't go there to claim any money. You will be arrested and duely prosecuted. Your brother should have known better, you can't get away with such act these days.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
you are a criminal
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by OCway92806: 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
Ode na greed kill you na, see your mouth like your brother own wey send you money, you wey be say na mugu send you the money, wey you suppose link up with western mehn dem, your level for done Dey your aza by now, you go Dey backdoor na greed kill you and na ogun go finally kill you, ole.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Kuvuki7788: 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
Adio brother. This is a scam. You are a greedy person so you fell for it.Yoruba proverb says "Eni wa IFA ohun was ofo"
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by smarttm: 10:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:

Please do you need an account to send money through Western Union?
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Coolcalmcollect(m): 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2020
you don fall maga, you paid 17k plus 15k without any evidence of package.....lolzzzz some guys be using your money to shop with now.
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by seniorkachion(m): 10:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
Catchfirez:
Money laundering act straight to Jail. Don't even try to go there, na straight to prison. Talk true na your maga send the money.

By the way what's your package doing in Abuja when you are in Lagos. I believe you are being scammed or there is more to your story.

You for a old scam that as been existing since the time of Blackberry messenger. They will show you invoice and receipt of the shipping company. Guy you don pay mugu money.

Yes, he is being scammed. An old trick but maybe his first encounter with this kind if scam.
If he comes clean he will admit that his so called brother is a supposed White woman friend on Facebook, but who in actual fact is a Naija scammer based in Naija too.
That was his I lost 75k on Facebook.
This white woman so much wanted to chat me only on facetime . I told her we can chat on Facebook messenger or WhatsApp. She insisted we have to chat on fecetime on apple laptops. I also told her I have a new HP laptop, that I don't ask to be dashed things and that I just want good friendship with her.
After much pestering I finally consented. To my surprise I was told she added £900 to the laptop and iPhone which she never mentioned.
The rest of the story followed the pattern this op wrote.
Any time I see a friend request from a white woman on Facebook, I delete the request at once.

2 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by SlimBrawnie(f): 10:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
So people still fall for this scam? SAME FORMAT! You sef, your way no pure that's why you are lying about the person being your brother. Money miss road, just count your losses and move on. I'm sure the "goods" you are saying he sent along with the money are gifts like laptop,iPhone,bla bla bla. No free money or goods anywhere. Kpele.

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Smellingrillmea: 10:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
I have sent stuff from FedEx and they will check to see what u re sending.......ain't no money and that guy ain't ur bruh na local scam
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by chiago95(m): 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2020
What do you mean by "I am in Lagos and I can't go to ABJ to claim it"

Isn't the money meant for you again?

Is there something you are not telling us?

Are you a Yahoo boy?

Your Tory Geh K-Leg o
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by DSoj(m): 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2020
Why will somone send cash by post? Such an amount in 2020?
Are we in village era? What happened to the many money wire platforms ? Western union. Money gram. Mukuru etc.
Shuuu
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Premiumwriter: 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2020
Mandyoluchi:
Send me a DM. Let me see what I can do
you still wan scam pesin wey de don scam?
Mk una de pity people for this life na

4 Likes

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Torg77: 10:23pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:

Theres world remit and western union but because of your brothers greed,he didn't want to pay charges now Nigerian government go use that money eat suya and drink beer
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by kamikaz1: 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:

You have been scammed.And the person isn't your brother. You are just beating about the bush.

1 Like

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by DONFASZY(m): 10:27pm On Jan 29, 2020
Why didnt u ask him to do bank transfer or western union
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Orpe7(m): 10:32pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:

U and ur bro dey kolo
What ever happened to money transfer
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by Adam00(m): 10:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
You should've use bitcoin
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by ZAWs: 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2020
Oshodi boys don use you shine.
Na audio parcel jor
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by matken(m): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2020
Haha oga Na yahoo money . It below 5000$ y not send it through normal process if no be fraud
Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by goslowgoslow(m): 10:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89:
You and your brother must be stack illiterates. Whatever happen to money transfer? Nonsense!

Re: $4800 Sent To Me By My Brother Has Been Hijacked By Nigeria Customs by grandstar(m): 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
abiolap89

Why will your brother send money by Federal Express? Sounds fishy sorry to say?

I thought people stopped sending money by post with the start of Western Union. There are even money sending apps that lodge money into your bank account in minutes from overseas.

However, if they want to confiscate the cash, it must be done legally. If you have a case, perhaps take it up.

If your brother chooses otherwise, then forget it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Compare Nigeria's Naira To Other African currencie and Be Shocked At The Result. / Shoprite Ilorin Shuts Its Doors As A Result Of Too Much Customers Today / My Visit To A Garri Processing Factory With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.