Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary (97200 Views)

Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves / Olumba Olumba Obu Hands Over To Son, To Be Coronated As ‘King Of Kings‘ / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Sweeetheart(m): 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
There is Absolutely Nothing wrong in that!

You cannot put your Hands in Fire and not be burnt!

Those who have another meaning to it can go ahead and keep her..

We Live in a World that modifies evil , changes its meaning and praise it..

Let the World keep Decieving itself.... RAPTURE Will Settle All these Nonsense...

He should assist him in rebranding his spiritual life, orientating his son's

How many can he tell his son to fire because there are many ladies and for son's to be sexual attracted to his secretary speak doom for his emotional life

Telling his son's to fire the innocent secretary is act of cruelty and wickedness. Stop defending Every of these men of God stand, they're mortal and fallible

I'm a redeemed member but religion will never take my sanity away
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by bonnyhope: 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
pmoye:
You mean it has provided your daddy and mummy GOs with good jobs?

Tell me, how many jobs has your church provided? Make sure you juxtapose that figure with the number of members contributing offerings.

Some of you are pained that people give offerings in the church

No worshipper is forced to do that and that should not bother you
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Angelfrost(m): 7:15pm On Jan 29, 2020
proclinician:

Pls say yes if my boss fire me because of this i will consider it just or NO i won't consider it just.

Okay...

As a guy, if my female boss deems it necessary to let me go on the grounds of inability to function professionally with me, due to a sexual attraction she feels towards me, I would not only consider it just but equally prudent!!!

Same way I would consider an employee resigning to avoid sexual issues or tension from exacerbating, as prudent!!!

Good sir, do you need further clarification on ethics, morality, and decency??! cool
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by PrinceKenne(m): 7:16pm On Jan 29, 2020
I wish those who don't know the source or Genesis of this rousing issue can take their time to go through this link and read for better understanding and clarification. Meanwhile, whenever Adeboye says one of my sons, he means all the RCCG members not just his biological sons or daughter.

Take you time to ready through the link below. Thanks

https://flatimes.com/open-heaven-29-january-2020/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by HazzanTazzan(m): 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
Ladylite:

Didinrin people, naija is slowly becoming an atheist nation o.

So the same Jesus that says if your eye causes you to sin you should cut it off.... Yet no one is quoting such scripture, everyone is attacking the pastor...

So if your child is telling you that the school they attend is not helping them academically... Wouldn't you change your child's school?

What if you owned the school and students are getting distracted by a sexy teacher, wouldn't you change the teacher or fire her.

Abeg this generation has cobwebs in their brain.

Youre daft in your comparison...

A teacher in school is am adult and shldnt dress in such a way to entice her students who are minors...

This case is a case of two adults and one can't keep himself in check gives him no right to punish the other for it..

Get some sense

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by obailala(m): 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2020
princeemmma:
FLEE does not mean make someone else pay for your own deeds, it means find a way to clear you soul, sacking the secretary cant stop the man from liking the secretary, it will only keep her away for a while, the likeness comes from the soul, so he needs to clear his soul
Fleeing means 'staying away from temptation'. It is IMPOSSIBLE to eliminate temptations; no matter how spiritually clean a persons mind or soul is, he will always be tempted, he will always 'like' the secretary.

Being tempted isn't a bad thing (it's inevitable as long as you're human); rather yielding to temptation is where there's a problem. And the surest way not fall into trouble is to keep yourself as far from the temptation as possible.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by abbey621(m): 7:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
Awon fake outrage people don start again. Remove the pastor from the equation, a boss has the right to sack his or her secretary/workers any time for any damn reason. In this particular case, the man is obviously in lust hence pastor told him the right thing; REMOVE THE TEMPTATION. Simple, clean advice, forget your feelings and think about it logically.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by shineeye1: 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

Youre daft in your comparison...

A teacher in school is am adult and shldnt dress in such a way to entice her students who are minors...

This case is a case of two adults and one can't keep himself in check gives him no right to punish the other for it..

Get some sense

Take a different view of this issue. The loss of a replaceable job cannot be compared with the risk of losing a marital home or even losing one's salvation through illicit amorous affairs.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Tunar18(m): 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2020
I wouldn't have responded but you asked some questions.

Firstly, the story didn't indicate there was any counseling prior to that time because it was Immediately he said that, that Baba sensed danger and gave the advise (Like I said he must have seen the other way round by now)

Secondly, we aren't talking of the aftermath, we are discussing the obvious at the same time campaigning for justice. We should rather teach morality to the men than abuse of authority. What If this is happening in the church between a pastor and a chorister? Would you send one person out of the church?

So let's be realistic
MrWondah:

Na, is not about being dogmatic o religious. I've analysed the worst and best case scenarios, there is only 25% chance it would come out good.

Like I've already mentioned, you need to look beyond job loss here.

What if he had been counselled and it didn't yield fruits? Since what Adeboye said is just a fragment of the whole story, have you thought of the possibility that there would be compensation?

Do you take all the advise people give you or you look at the good side and use your wisdom?

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Neoteny(m): 7:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
Says a lot about a supposed man of god, who's so close to god they take tea together, that his son is an excitable lecherous punk.

And this hypocritical charlatan would stand before the gullible sheep telling them about hell and to either tithe or die
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by BabaRamota1980: 7:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
See as people dey talk to a Pastor. Just two years ago many of those comments would be TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED.

Pastors shouldcbe careful, people are now confronting them. Their juju mouth is no longer wotking on people.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by pmoye(m): 7:35pm On Jan 29, 2020
Just like scammers never force the scammed to part with his money. Your point is well taken. You're such a smart person.

bonnyhope:

Some of you are pained that people give offerings in the church

No worshipper is forced to do that and that should not bother you
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by mancheeutd(m): 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2020
Nltaliban:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10961743_img20200129125545_jpeg14bac8097a3831042b9408a640f35bf6
The general overseer of the redeemed Christian church of God trends on twitter after tweeting

https://mobile.twitter.com/PastorEAAdeboye/status/1222438077660049411

But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means. 1Cor 2:14
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by xeju: 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
AdaNonye:
Lemme rephrase this whole scenario....as a woman, if your husband is always excited to resume work on Monday so he can see his secretary, what will you advice

Besides,if his secretary will cause him to sin, he should let go..or if he can, let him set her up in another department where they dont have to interract
don't worry one day you will be sacked from your job for another person's wrong or guilt. and you'll taste how it feels... SENSELESS
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by obailala(m): 7:44pm On Jan 29, 2020
maasoap:

You can do that if you are in position to do that but just know that you are the problem, not the person you sacked. You haven't addressed the problem at all, you only put an innocent woman in financial difficulty and emotional breakdown.
Neither me nor the person I sacked is the problem; I didn't create myself. It's purely natural and involuntary for a human to develop feelings or attraction from another, and the surest way (biblically approved) to avoid falling into temptation is to flee (a.k.a stay as far away) from it as much as possible.

The genesis of the failure of man is always this 'deceitful self confidence', i.e. believing in yourself that you are disciplined enough to stay close to temptation and not fall for it. Do you know the number of great men in history that have fallen due to this self deceit (don't dare to think you're better than those who have fallen).

Life isn't always fair! It's unfortunate that hard choices have to be made sometimes for the greater good; it's either she goes, or I go, or we stay together and mess our lives up.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by shandybaba: 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2020
[quote author=Teewhy2 post=86209514]I strongly support him on this because the bible also supports it.

[/quote[i]]If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to depart into hell.[/i]

The more reason why the son should have followed the quotation above. At least he supposed to have plucked his eyes if dat would make him sin.....Practice wot u preach grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by xeju: 7:48pm On Jan 29, 2020
Teewhy2:
I strongly support him on this because the bible also supports it.

the Bible supports King Saul destroying a whole nation killing helpless women, children, etc. does it mean it's the right thing
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by shineeye1: 7:50pm On Jan 29, 2020
xeju:

don't worry one day you will be sacked from your job for another person's wrong or guilt. and you'll taste how it feels... SENSELESS

Stop being abusive without provocation. Spiritual matters are not always gauged by human reasoning. Abraham considered it reasonably objectionable to send away his second wife and her son as Sarah had demanded but God told him to do exactly as she said. You wanna judge God?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by babesiosis: 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
dapadawee:

to live long is a prayer of deliverance ur parents needs to engage in if they don't want to loss you. you are on a high way to destruction. repent today and accept Jesus Christ marlians no they go heaven o
Your stu.pidity is top notch. Who is Adeboye? Is he God? Is heaven sure for him?. Look, you are nothing but a MUMU. Those pastors have turned themselves to God of man and you "the sheeple" always support them without questioning. It is cos of the stupid followers like you that cause the increase in fake pastors that are tarnishing the image of Christianity across the globe.
Use your head dumbo! Adeboye is not God.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by oyaaa(m): 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2020
Angelfrost:

"Everybody" or "Everyone" is singular, not plural!!! Thank you.
Thank u
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by unmask: 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
Ladylite:

Didinrin people, naija is slowly becoming an atheist nation o.

So the same Jesus that says if your eye causes you to sin you should cut it off.... Yet no one is quoting such scripture, everyone is attacking the pastor...

So if your child is telling you that the school they attend is not helping them academically... Wouldn't you change your child's school?

What if you owned the school and students are getting distracted by a sexy teacher, wouldn't you change the teacher or fire her.

Abeg this generation has cobwebs in their brain.
you are the one with the problem if the son has an issue when he sees the lady....he should pluck out his own eyes.....and if it is her voice he hears, then his ear goes off as well
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by oyaaa(m): 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2020
proclinician:

Let's keep it with you. You have a job in a firm where you get the wage u use in running your family then ur boss has a chit chat with his pastor and he mentioned his admiration to the pastor and the pastor requests that he fire u and that way u lose ur job. Will you take this as a just decision considering everything u know about Christianity and human relation.
Ohk now this is to you
If your wife is working in a company and u heard her saying that she’s always looking forward to seeing his face every morning
Would you be cool with that
Cos I know guy won’t be if it were there gf talk less wife
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by made4dtop: 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2020
proclinician:

If u lose a job that's sustaining u and ur family in a nigeria of today will u call this decision a just one? Don't prove how stupid u can be at times just say

Yes

Or

No
and what if you lose the marriage that you have spent years building because of a secretary? I'll rather release my secretary than sacrifice my marriage, my happiness and that of my children
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2020
Will sacking the secretary stop the feelings? Sacking her is like paving way for them to be seeing regularly
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Niwdog(m): 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
People will sha talk
Which one is depriving the woman of her lively wood the next person to be employed no be lively hood them still give am
Who knows the lady's dress code maybe provocative
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Tunagee(m): 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
The question is: was the lady seducing the man, or was she wearing seductive outfits capable of pushing the man off balance and loosing control? If no, then the man should have been taught how to put his self control in check rather than sacking the innocent lady. Or maybe he was beginning to have emotional feelings for her as a married man. Well, men should always learn to control themselves, and sacking that woman does not mean he can exercise such emotions on another woman elsewhere.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by shineeye1: 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2020
ADEBOYE'S ADMONITION IS RESERVED FOR THE SHEEP. THE GOATS SHOULD PLEASE STEER CLEAR AND MIND THEIR BUSINESS. HE NO CALL UNA
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Tunagee(m): 8:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
What if the lady was his next door neighbour, tenant or office colleague?Would he forcefully eject her from her apartment or office?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Tunagee(m): 8:07pm On Jan 29, 2020
Baba wey don chop belleful
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by Donaldoni: 8:08pm On Jan 29, 2020
virago:

Where was it stated that it was his company

How else would he have been able to fire her if it were not his company
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by iswallker(m): 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2020
Ladylite:

Okpo u you have never heard of idioms? Or figurative speech? Go and buy brighter Grammer biko.

Jesus simply meant anything that will cause you to fall should be plucked out

OH really... It's idioms that also makes sharia dismember the arms of Nigerians accused of theft in some parts of this country..
Re: Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary by cerpvad(m): 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2020
Try harder grin
ENEMYOFGOD6:

shup up there mumu.who is your mate ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / Gunmen Kill Worshippers At A Catholic Church In Ozubulu, Anambra State (Graphic) / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.