Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Relationships And Random Gifts: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships And Random Gifts: (953 Views)

How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Distant Relationships And Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationships And Random Gifts: by Ladyjide(f): 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2010
More a question for the MEN. Is it uncommon or taboo in a relationship that as a man [b]YOU [/b]receive random gifts from your babe?  Not because its your birthday,Christmas,  but gifts just because,   Does it make you uncomfortable, especially if you are unable to return such gifts to her the same( meaning give her gifts just because ) ?  What are your thoughts??
Re: Relationships And Random Gifts: by MrsEve2(f): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2010
Poster,

There is a thread (Gifts and Relationships) similar to what you saying, just know MEN ON THIS site doesn't like it when women ask for gifts they can't afford! A man will not return a gift if it was given to him regardless of the season unless he doesn't like the gift! undecided
Re: Relationships And Random Gifts: by iice(f): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2010
Its uncommon yes. I like giving him gifts. I'm not much for 'celebrated' days. I prefer to give on normal days undecided
Even if it's my birthday. . .i tend to just let him have something for himself instead
Re: Relationships And Random Gifts: by MrsEve2(f): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2010
iice:

Its uncommon yes. I like giving him gifts. I'm not much for 'celebrated' days. I prefer to give on normal days undecided
Even if it's my birthday. . .i tend to just let him have something for himself instead

You nassy Iice! tongue embarassed
Re: Relationships And Random Gifts: by iice(f): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2010
Madam Eve, your mind eh grin grin
Re: Relationships And Random Gifts: by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2010
Make una no spoil me abeg . . . cheesy cheesy
Re: Relationships And Random Gifts: by Orikinla(m): 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2010
Ladyjide:

Is it uncommon or taboo in a relationship that as a man you receive random gifts from your babe?  Not because its your birthday,Christmas,  but gifts just because,   Does it make you uncomfortable, especially if you are unable to return such gifts to her the same ?  What are your thoughts??

IT IS NOT.

I received random gifts from well-minded women in Nigeria and overseas.
My woman knows how to give and I appreciate her good nature.

Why should you return gifts after they have been accepted?
Except they are not gifts.

What makes a gift is not the price, but the thought.

If the gifts are meant to curry favour, then beware of accepting them.
Re: Relationships And Random Gifts: by Ladyjide(f): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2010
Orikinla:

IT IS NOT.

I received random gifts from well-minded women in Nigeria and overseas.
My woman knows how to give and I appreciate her good nature.

Why should you return gifts after they have been accepted?
Except they are not gifts.

What makes a gift is not the price, but the thought.

If the gifts are meant to curry favour, then beware of accepting them.

Good point "curry favour"
Re: Relationships And Random Gifts: by kokoye(m): 7:08pm On Dec 10, 2010
I noticed we do not give each other gifts on those 'special' days - xmas, birthday, etc.

I see something i'd like her to wear or have and I get it for her. She does exactly the same for me.

And guess what? it's not like we planned it out to be like that. it's just how we both are.

I remember getting her some really expensive hallmark cards on her birthday (along with some other stuff of course) in graduate school while we

were dating. She politely told me she'd a preferred a champagne or Irish cream to the cards - she wanted us to get drunk together.

So, she went to the store and got the booze. We were too drunk to even shag.
Re: Relationships And Random Gifts: by Dsense(m): 7:12pm On Dec 10, 2010
OP.
Not sure . , undecided

(1) (Reply)

My Story / Attention Single Ladies! Romance Section Hottest Eligible Bachelors! / Guys Help Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.